GUILTY FL - Savannah Gold, 21, Jacksonville, 2 Aug 2017

So, from the articles we've read, this is what we are told:

1. She left home for work, got to the parking lot at her job (Bonefish Grill), but never actually made it from her vehicle to the inside of the restaurant to begin her shift which was to start at 5:30 p.m. She had a new tire on her vehicle that had JUST been replaced the day before due to THAT tire being damaged.

2. Now we learn that she texted one of her friends about fixing THAT new tire, which now that it has been examined police say looks like it has been punctured. So, two damaged tires on her car in 2 days. What are the odds that these damaged tires are a coincidence and not done intentionally by a perp with evil intent? Was she fixing it in the Bonefish Grill parking lot? Did some "good samaratin" stop to help her and somehow lured her away (to get her into his vehicle) under false pretenses?

3. Her father and brother both received text messages from her phone at about 6:15 p.m. saying she was running off with some guy she had JUST met.

"Her car was outside with a slashed tire and her purse, with her ID, credit cards and money in the car with it unlocked. That really got us concerned," Daniel Gold said. Daniel Gold said Savannah never made it inside Bonefish Grill for her shift.
https://actionnewsjax.relaymedia.com...ance/581038609

Yeah. Sure. So, leaving her vehicle UNLOCKED, she takes off with "New Guy" but doesn't take her keys, her purse, credit cards, or money with her. Her cell phone, naturally, was NOT left behind -- but isn't that 'SOP' for abductor Perps? Don't they always make off with the victim and the cell phone -- which always dies an untimely death and is then unpingable and useless? (Perp 101?)

[There may be some truth to these BS texts -- she may have left with him, but it was because she was tricked into it, or against her will to be sure! But, I think if she was abducted, someone would have seen a scuffle -- unless she was chloroformed or rendered helpless in some way.]

Her father, mother, brother and best friend know her well enough that she would not have left suddenly and impulsively of her own accord! They all feel certain that the texts were not from her -- so I think the perp was using her phone! Since the messages went to the father and brother, does this mean that the perp KNEW her family members? How else would he know who to text? I guess he could have forced her to tell him who was who in her phone contacts.

4. According to her Mom (stated in one of the articles), she also has a second job -- as Mom said she works two jobs. I wonder what the other job is?

5. Another article referenced the Bonefish Grill as the place where "they" worked -- meaning she and her brother. Did she and her brother both work at Bonefish Grill? Or did I misread the article?

Well, we have to wait for all the "facts" to settle so we know exactly what we have here. But I think we're off to a pretty accurate start with the reporting so far. At least LE seems to be listening to her family and friends and treating her disappearance as suspicious.

All of the above -- My Opinion Only!

A recent report states that LE has ramped up efforts and are processing the car and pulling video. I hope this girl is found safe.
I realize that many can't afford to hire help, but then I know that many people just assume police will take all available measures when sometimes this doesn't happen in a timely fashion.
I agree and I really feel that there will be professional 'volunteers' that will pitch in. There are a lot of philanthropic and just plain good people in Jax.

A recent report states that LE has ramped up efforts and are processing the car and pulling video. I hope this girl is found safe.
I realize that many can't afford to hire help, but then I know that many people just assume police will take all available measures when sometimes this doesn't happen in a timely fashion.

If you know you have a flat tire you would park away from other cars so it would get changed. She might of told someone to meet her up there to change if for her. She might of been waiting for him or her, just to be politcally correct

Still0804_00002_1501885064441_10197873_ver1.0.bmp

Gold's car was found in the parking lot of Bonefish Grill with a one-inch puncture in her tire. The report said she left her belongings, such as her purse, ID and credit card inside with the doors unlocked.

Family said they’re thankful the police are no longer waiting 10 days to act on their daughter’s case. Gold’s mother said detectives and police teams are now actively involved in the search for her 21-year-old daughter. She said they’ve still has not had contact with her daughter 48 hours since she was last seen.

According to the missing person's report, police were already attempting to ‘ping’ the woman’s phone, which has been turned off since Wednesday. The attempts were unsuccessful. Two phone chargers were left in her car, which was abandoned in her job’s parking lot.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...ar-old-who-mysteriously-disappeared/462034632

Good factual summary, alexwood.

Very familiar with that restaurant and area. The shopping center Bonefish Grill is located in has a lot of vacant storefronts. Due to the location next to I-295, it is often used for Craigslist and other similar transactions. I've made a quite a few transactions there myself - even though many of the stores are vacant, the parking area is pretty busy, especially at the time of day her shift was starting. The last transaction I did was with a person I knew, and as we sat in the lot talking, we saw at least three other exchanges of some type happen within a thirty-minute timespan, around five in the afternoon. San Jose Boulevard, in front of the shopping center, is very busy almost anytime of the day, and stop and go at that time.

While we don't know yet what the cameras will show, I believe someone had to see something. They may not have realized the importance of what they saw. All of the local media has shared the story, but we need to encourage people to report anything they may have seen that day.

This is just a thought (a hunch, an opinion) What if the perp is someone who works in one of the other businesses in the same
strip mall? Someone she knows from the area? Could someone have invited/lured her into one of the other doors close to where she works?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Article states her car was parked near ATM under trees. I wonder if she pulled her instead of her usual spot because of the tire? Also, she could have replaced tire the day before with her spare. May not have been a brand new tire purchased.

i wonder if another female is involved. perhaps one who thought her b/f was flirting with Savannah. the tire slashing sounds to me like something a female would do.

From this article: "What also puzzled loved ones was the flat tire, which police said appeared to have been punctured. Gold's family said it was a brand new tire that had just replaced one damaged the night before."

You are correct. Up until now I had only seen reports that the tire had been replaced , not purchased a new one. So I was thinking maybe she had a spare.
From the picture posted if the new slashed tire. Does it look new or a retread?
I only ask because I know people in that line of work in that area and was going to ask if they saw her Wednesday.

Didn't her Dad say it was new? I will see if I can find the link.
ETA-in this link
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...ld-i-just-want-to-know-where-she-is/581931269

Thanks, Bravo!

This article contains some important elements of the case:

Location of her vehicle -
"Gold’s car was left in the Bonefish Grill parking lot parked behind an ATM and under some trees."

That the slashed tire was brand new -
"The doors were unlocked and her purse with cash and her ID were left in the car. Her dad said her brand new tire was slashed."

Approximate time of text message received by her father -
"About 30 minutes after Gold was supposed to be at work, her father Daniel said he got a text from Gold’s phone. It had misspelled words and said she was running away with a great guy she met and would call them later."

[My estimate: SG was due to start her shift at Bonefish Grill at 5:30 p.m. So, the approximate time when father got his text from her phone would have been 6:00 p.m.; a different article (in the thread) stated that SG's brother received a text from her phone at 6:10 p.m.]

Also, the case status -
"The case is currently being worked as a missing person case."

I honestly just added the link as it has her case # from LE on it- which we have to have on here. Her family got weird text messages as well

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back