IN IN - Marina Boelter, 18, Bloomfield, 31 December 2014

Let's hope this lead pans out. Find your way home, Marina.

And the article also says, "According to Sgt. Curt Durnil, police are still following one of those leads. The other turned out not to be helpful." (BBM)

Great to hear this. I really hope that this will lead to something else that, in turn, will lead to an arrest(s) in the case. I also read the report that is referenced in this article, and what stood out to me was:

"'I want them to call, I want to hear what they have to say. I want to be able to follow the information they provide, and I will do that to verify if the information has any significance or not,' Detective Brad Stille, from the Indiana State Police, said." (BBM)

My mom grew up in a county that is adjacent to the one Marina disappeared from, and I have followed this case from day one. Within two weeks of her disappearance, it was reported:

"Police acknowledge 'persons of interest' in the case and indicate that evidence of some kind was found during a helicopter search near Bloomfield Saturday, but authorities will not provide any specific information for fear of jeopardizing the investigation." (BBM)

I believe that LE has a very good idea as to what happened to Marina. Though he was never identified as a POI or a suspect in Marina's disappearance, when the father of Marina's son -against whom Marina filed a paternity suit not even a month before she went missing- was killed during a fight (no charges were "filed against the man who stabbed Lockhart, who justifiably acted in self-defense"), Marina's father was quoted as saying, "If he (Lockhart) did know something, now we’ll never know," and was said to be worried that the ex-boyfriend might have been "the only person with a lead in Marina’s disappearance." The father of Marina's son told a reporter "that he and his friends were at the parking lot." I really think there are still people out there who can lead the authorities to Marina.

Now that Daniel Messel has been implicated in a second assault on a young woman in southern Indiana, one wonders if he or anyone in his circle drove a car that resembled a Mercury Sable in December of 2014. By now the ISP has surely checked into that theory, but nothing has been released to the public.

boelter-thumb-250xauto-8665.jpg

Boelter's ex-boyfriend DJ Lockhart, accompanied by three mutual friends, pulled into the parking lot shortly after. Lockhart told police he was unsuccessful in talking her into joining them for the evening, witnesses state that the car DJ was in went in one direction - while the man drove Marina in the direction of her apartment.

Just six weeks after Boelter's disappeared, Lockhart was found stabbed to death. Indiana Police say there was no evidence to suggest the two incidents were connected in any way. He was stabbed twice after he entered the home of a man rumored to once of had a relationship with Boelter.

The driver (who police are not identifying) gave Marina a ride and told police she did not want him to know where she lived, so she asked him to drop her off at a closed down pizza restaurant. This is the last known sighting of Boelter.

Marina was surrounded by men with horrible backgrounds. A man that lived in the same apartment building was once in prison after being charged with murder after he raped and tortured a young girl - including removing her eyes and lighting her body on fire. The man who dropped Marina off also is said to have had prior criminal convictions, including abduction and attempted rape.

Shortly before leaving the IGA grocery story that evening, Boelter was on the phone with a man she had been seeing. The man was considerably older than Boelter, and was married, however she confirmed her plans to attend his house party later that evening. The next day, after this man never heard from Boelter - he contacted the IGA grocery store and learned Marina did not show up to work. At that time this man, and Marina's manager, reported her missing to the police.

To listen to a November 28 interview between Waters and Boelter's mother Tressie Palmer visit at AmericanCrimeCast.com

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2...elter-who-went-missing-new-years-eve-2014.php

This case has been on my mind since it began and I can't seem to shake it. I live in a county adjacent to where Marina went missing. I must admit that every time I drive through Bloomfield I get chills. My heart aches for Marina and her family. At first I really suspected that Marina was a victim of sex trafficking because it was reported that she was seen getting into a nice car with an older man. I had contacted her SIL, AB, and she said that they did not believe that sex trafficking was a plausible connection to Marina's disappearance. I continue to be haunted by this case, especially since the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German as well as the disappearances of several other young women around Indiana.

I had heard the podcast that was posted up thread with Waters and Ms. Palmer. Clearly the family is aware of more details than we are privy to. Did the older married man have a Mercury or possibly rent or borrow a car of that make and model?

Wow I missed this news.

So is DJ a victim of being so distraught at Marina's disappearance he lost his mind and accused the wrong man? Or was he spiraling down for some reason and deliberately picked a fight?

I can't get my head around this. IIRC DJ was never labeled a POI was he?

Does anyone has any information about that Roger ?

Does anyone has any information about that Roger ?

The evidence showed that D.J. Lockhart, later identified as Douglas J. Lockhart, and Lockhart's friend, Abigail Chubb, traveled to Michael A. Rogers residence so that Lockhart could confront Rogers over Rogers' prior relationship with Lockhart's ex-girlfriend, Marina Boelter.

Chubb had tried to persuade Lockhart not to confront Rogers, but he went into the home without her. Chubb was able to hear the physical confrontation from outside the home.

Once inside the Rogers home, Lockhart confronted Rogers over his prior relationships with Marina Boelter and Abigail Chubb. Lockhart then began to fight with Rogers, knocking him down onto the kitchen floor of the home and punching him in the head.

Rogers stabbed Lockhart with a knife that had been knocked to the floor during the fight, while Lockhart was on top of Rogers. After stabbing Lockhart, Rogers was able to free himself and he then began assisting Lockhart and called 911.

Under Indiana Code 35-41-3-2, a person is justified in using deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury or death or the commission of a forcible felony.

http://www.gcdailyworld.com/story/2173532.html

I don't recall some detail here, or maybe my memory is fuzzy:

Having just moved into the city of Bloomfield, Marina was last seen being dropped off at a closed down pizza joint across the street from her apartment.

Boelter got off work at 6 p.m. and was spotted outside the IGA grocery store speaking with a man in a car.

Witnesses told police Boelter's ex-boyfriend DJ Lockhart, accompanied by three mutual friends, pulled into the parking lot shortly after. Lockhart told police he was unsuccessful in talking her into joining them for the evening, witnesses state that the car DJ was in went in one direction - while the man drove Marina in the direction of her apartment.

The driver (who police are not identifying) gave Marina a ride and told police she did not want him to know where she lived, so she asked him to drop her off at a closed down pizza restaurant. This is the last known sighting of Boelter.

A Muncie Private Investigator says that Marina was surrounded by men with horrible backgrounds. A man that lived in the same apartment building was once in prison after being charged with murder after he raped and tortured a young girl - including removing her eyes and lighting her body on fire. The man who dropped Marina off also is said to have had prior criminal convictions, including abduction and attempted rape.

Shortly before leaving the IGA grocery story that evening, Boelter was on the phone with a man she had been seeing. The man was considerably older than Boelter, and was married, however she confirmed her plans to attend his house party later that evening. The next day, after this man never heard from Boelter - he contacted the IGA grocery store and learned Marina did not show up to work. At that time this man, and Marina's manager, reported her missing to the police.

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2...elter-who-went-missing-new-years-eve-2014.php

dump_1.gif

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/vicap/missing-persons/marina-pearl-boelter

Someone besides me needs to step up to see and speak the truth..the Greene county county police and a detective M need to be looked at!! How do you think these things go unsolved ,? They are crimes covered up even committed by law enforcement there..i know because I'm living a nightmare that this detective M has drug me through all because he tried to kill me!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back