Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now he is talking about the three previous searches that didn't find anything. He says it's a possibility the infant was not in the apartment at the time. But since suspects aren't cooperating, they don't know.

I want someone to ask why they didn't see them coming and going if they were under surveillance. It makes no sense! Why weren't they on them 24/7?!

Question about the nature of 3 searches in apt:

All 3 initial searches were Strictly Visual Searches

the first 3 searches were strictly visual- consent searches, The search yesterday was complete forensic as warrant was not received until yesterday

Jeep is grayish green

- Cadaver dogs did indicate on a vehicle on the parking lot; abandoned vehicle

But did Not find anything after executed a search warrant on vehicle

Reports of people hearing baby crying were incorrect.

They also don't know how many days old the baby is. Just referring to it as a newborn.

(So basically two things said by family were incorrect assumptions.)

I cant hear any of the questions from reporters. Is anyone else able to hear the questions?

Age of Infant (2 days old):

he doesn't know how that is determined...we just use term newborn/infant (paraphrasing)

Neither are cooperating with the investigation

Asked for counsel

The fact that LE was able to "grill" them for as long as they did, further points to the stupidity of these two for not "lawyering up" right away. I thought there might have been a chance that they would confess.

I cant hear any of the questions from reporters. Is anyone else able to hear the questions?

Using microphones that are turned on when having a press conference would be a good idea.

Question about Grand Forks Individuals:

- were just trying to corroborate their (2 suspects) alibis

- confident these are only 2 individuals involved

I hope that Ash (bf) is being allowed to bond with his baby and is not being made to wait until dna testing is complete. They need each other. God bless this family.

Asking public to check any out-buildings (sheds, etc) and dumpsters (put trash back), if have seen a Jeep (no identifying info).

Taking questions, but may not be able to give much due to ongoing investigation.

Something was done on a traffic stop. (Can't hear the questions)

first search by officer who took missing person report' was by consent of Brooke, looking for Savannah.

went back with a supervisor, did another consent search.

third consent search made, nothing found. possible infant was not in apartment, may have been moved to another location. Hard to determine.

searches were strictly visual. last search was a complete consent search.

Now asking for public help throughout the city, searching empty apartments, property areas, buildings, etc., and any of this Jeep sightings.

'Grayish-green (Jeep?)

dogs did indicate on an "abandoned" vehicle. Got a search warrant for the vehicle, thoroughly searched, did not find anything. Not aware if it was towed away

something is a false nomer

''interviews were cooperative up to "that point". (?)

newborn bsby girl

canines used trying to track S early this week; cadaver dogs used yesterday

they think they have the right people

Does not know if "they" were used on the river. there is a chance S is not in the area

no specific direction to request people search. Will not say what evidence was found in "the car"

statements and alibis were given by suspects/arrested.

Something about the Grand Forks investigation (don't know what the questions were)

have some possible motives, not ready to speak on those yet

Does not want to minimize the family's feelings in any way. many LE working on this almost non-stop. State and Federal assistance, also.

35 detectives, 4 sergeants, deputy chief with many others working on this 24/7 this week. stated he does have state assistance working as well

Continuing from press conference:

News needs to ask if they are doing the right thing injecting yourself too far into an investigation that might jeopardize lives, you might want to think better

Have not filed any charges yet. When appropriate, will notify media to let us know.

If arrest without a warrant need a probable cause signed by judge within 24 hours. Will obtain info as to why there is reason for arrest and then have judge sign a ____

Does not mean to chastise news outlets, they are partners in this, because of safety of victims there are things he won't say until it is secured info.

Investigations and interviews from people who brought forth info

---

Gaah! my page keeps saying my servers topped working and I lose my connection.

Best comment from presser
Question from reporter: I went to the suspects apartment on Wednesday and talked to the female. There was no evidence of surveillance anywhere around. How can you say you were carefully watching?
Chief: Well, that's how surveillance is supposed to be. You aren't supposed to know that we are watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53