GUILTY - Sidney Moorer, Obstruction of Justice Trial, Heather Elvis case, 28 Aug 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this jury can't come to a unanimous decision that SM lied and lied and lied some more, and those lies did hurt the investigation of a missing young woman who he was having an affair with, then I have no hope for the state to ever get this guy convicted. Anyone know the maximum sentence SM could get for obstruction of justice?

Liz Cooper:

Defense: They fumbled this thing for four years (prosecutors). Someone is going to pay and they don't care who.

bdickerson:
The defense attorney tells the jury that the police "obstructed themselves" by not going to see Stephen Schiraldi, the person who was reportedly the last one to see Elvis before she disappeared, for two-and-a-half days.

WHAT A JOKE. Sit down Truslow.

Do you think he is throwing it for some reason? If I was SM (omg, thank goodness I'm nothing like him) I'd be pissed...

I won't be as long (as Nancy?).....I gotta believe.....I gotta believe....I gotta believe....that you get it and know what's going on.....

Is that Sidney coughing every 2 seconds? Turn his mic off! Or better yet, turn him off.

I don't even know what he is talking about!?!?

The impression I've gotten from this whole trial is that he's stuck on the specific one moment where he lied about the phone call. He doesn't "see" that there was an effort by SM hindering the investigation over multiple occasions.

Now he's trying to say that what Stephen did in not coming forward is the same as Sidney misleading them. He's reaching for straws and being rather ridiculous!

I think Truslow must have Tourette's. I'm not being sarcastic or making fun, but he looks like he does. Closing arguments are not the best idea for someone with this condition. He's also woefully under-prepared and looks like he prepared closing arguments during his coke-filled lunch.

Did he just suggest the jury not watch the video in evidence because he wants to go home, and they should too? Hoping I heard this wrong. Kind of hard to really understand what he is "trying" to say!

The impression I've gotten from this whole trial is that he's stuck on the specific one moment where he lied about the phone call. He doesn't "see" that there was an effort by SM hindering the investigation over multiple occasions.

Now he's trying to say that what Stephen did in not coming forward is the same as Sidney misleading them. He's reaching for straws and being rather ridiculous!

Right. Steven not coming forward right way is not at all the same thing as Sidney's "hey, look over there" behavior.

Taylor Herlong:

Truslow says if anything Sidney helped police by giving them his phone and answering questions when he didn't have to.

Taylor Herlong:

Truslow says if anything Sidney helped police by giving them his phone and answering questions when he didn't have to.

Was he listening to Nancy at all? She made a very good point about how that just tried to make them look another direction. This guy is an idiot.

Nancy went in chronological order. This guy is jumping from the beginning to the end to the middle and then back to the beginning. Ugh, I think the Jury will have whiplash by the time he is done. They will definitely be scratching their heads...

It is a strategy. You could be next... and let's look at it from that pov. The jury will remember the things he is pointing out as inconsistencies (according to him).

bdickerson:

Truslow tells the jurors that they've got to figure out what was obstructed or hindered in the span of 10 seconds.

I think Truslow must have Tourette's. I'm not being sarcastic or making fun, but he looks like he does. Closing arguments are not the best idea for someone with this condition. He's also woefully under-prepared and looks like he prepared closing arguments during his coke-filled lunch.

I think you may be right. He is using strategies and movements that my students use---the more he gets worked up, the more he "coughs" and you can hear the straining to control it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nerak80