GUILTY - Sidney Moorer, Obstruction of Justice Trial, Heather Elvis case, 28 Aug 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz Cooper:
Defense: You need to find him not guilty. 95 percent of what State told you is speculation.

bdickerson:
The defense attorney tells the jury that the majority of what the solicitor told them was simply what she thought.

If this jury can't come to a unanimous decision that SM lied and lied and lied some more, and those lies did hurt the investigation of a missing young woman who he was having an affair with, then I have no hope for the state to ever get this guy convicted. Anyone know the maximum sentence SM could get for obstruction of justice?

According to the table in this link, up to 10 years and/or discretionary fine. This table is pretty comprehensive.

http://www.rhiltonlaw.com/Articles/how-much-jail-time-can-i-get-for-a-charge-in-south-carolina

Isn't your job to go through what was false, yk, to help your client out, he is in a bind, yk....

Bless his heart. He's a hot mess.

IMO

It's that attorney making those noises... someone mentioned Tourette's - I agree!

he's all over the place - can't understand what's he's mumbling about!

Also, look at the current atmosphere of the area. Major problems with LE. Who will they come after next? Is all part of his strategy. I'm not saying it is great but it is the best he has. Truth is it could work with some of the jurors.

Is that Sidney coughing every 2 seconds? Turn his mic off! Or better yet, turn him off.
It's Truslow. I'm wondering if he might have mild Tourette Syndrome. A friend of mine has a coughing and throat-clearing tick, as well as a face-touching tick.

He didn't cough in the kidnapping trial!?!

I think Truslow must have Tourette's. I'm not being sarcastic or making fun, but he looks like he does. Closing arguments are not the best idea for someone with this condition. He's also woefully under-prepared and looks like he prepared closing arguments during his coke-filled lunch.
I just commented the same thing! I agree with you, wholeheartedly.

He looks like Michael Parks...

Liz Cooper:

Defense: There are power in numbers and they think the more info they give to you - you must think he's guilty.

bdickerson:

Truslow asks what the pay phone video added to the trial.

He is trying to make it like its not a big deal. But this is a crime. I thought he was going to make this not as long, each time I think he is ending he brings up more evidence that he wasn't going to bring up.

He's talking about Tommy Boy the movie? :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member