Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Rancho area was searched, who searched? How many people were there? Did they do arm to arm, or just walk around and kick a few rocks, and call it done? Were there dogs there? Air support accompanying the ground search?

About this well.... What kind of well? I'm assuming an abandoned water well. In ground or above ground? Covered or uncovered? How deep is it? Did they lower a camera or sonar into it?

And these snakes.... little unusual since NTX has had quite a bit of rain this year. You'd think that this well would have a little residual water in it, which would displace snakes. Very odd for snakes to be down in a well - provided that the well has any depth to it.

Were any family members present for the search? Was the PI? (I know that the PI was present for EquuSearch.) What deputies were present from HCSO?

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

ALL GREAT QUESTIONS!!!
#BRINGPAPAWHOME

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

Who really purchased MC's truck? And why, when it was paid off, and retitled, was it not put in the new owner's name?

Who really purchased MC's truck? And why, when it was paid off, and retitled, was not put in the new owner's name?

Very good question.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Who really purchased MC's truck? And why, when it was paid off, and retitled, was it not put in the new owner's name?

I thought our VI said there were still payments on it and that is why it was sold. Because who needs to be making two auto payments when one wasn't needed. I will see if I can find that here.

ETA: On post #213 dated 8-15-17 our VI said this, "Papaw had a truck (now sold, I guess) with a payment. Becca has a car, which I believe has a payment."

I thought our VI said there were still payments on it and that is why it was sold. Because who needs to be making two auto payments when one wasn't needed. I will see if I can find that here.

ETA: On post #213 dated 8-15-17 our VI said this, "Papaw had a truck (now sold, I guess) with a payment. Becca has a car, which I believe has a payment."

I believe Queen was asking who specifically bought the truck. It sold rather quickly & word on the street is a friend of BC was driving it very recently.

I believe Queen was asking who specifically bought the truck. It sold rather quickly & word on the street is a friend of BC was driving it very recently.

Specifically his maroon Dodge pickup. It was sold, and the lien paid off. When the new title was issued, it does not have the new owner's name on it. Why? And why would the new owner drive a truck without their name on the title?

Specifically his maroon Dodge pickup. It was sold, and the lien paid off. When the new title was issued, it does not have the new owner's name on it. Why? And why would the new owner drive a truck without their name on the title?

From https://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/title-transfers.php

Buying from a Private Seller

If you purchase a car from a private seller, you must title your car within 30 days of the date of sale.
The DMV recommends that you visit your county tax office with the seller.
At minimum, you must bring the following with you to transfer ownership:

• The current title signed by the seller.
  • A completed Application for Texas Title (Form 130-U) signed by the seller.
  • Proof of paid sales tax (if purchasing a car from another state).
  • Proof of TX car insurance.
  • Release of lien (if applicable).
  • Power of attorney (if applicable).
  • Proof of Inspection if there is none currently on record for the vehicle.
    • Ask the seller if they've had the car inspected recently and to provide you with their copy of the Vehicle Inspection Report.
  • Payment for title transfer fees.

The Application for Texas Title is found here:

http://www.txdmv.gov/forms

Form 130-U will download as a PDF file.

How did they not have names, signatures, when this paperwork was submitted to the County Tax Office? Or am I missing that requirement in the terminology?

Papaw had a truck (now sold, I guess) with a payment. Becca has a car, which I believe has a payment.

Classic cars are NOT every day drivers, in most instances! They are Papaw's hobby.

Oh....gotcha. Sorry I misunderstood the question. I hadn't heard about the new driver.

Very interesting! Is there a backlog of entering title data? I know in Kentucky where I'm located sometimes there is a lag in entering the data (I once did this and criminal histories as well). The person would get a stamped copy of the completed change of title/registration application. The data actually shows up at times 30 days later. Now I think the clerk and sheriffs office can enter them automatically. Not sure how it works in Texas. It should state though, "in progress". What is bad too is, if the person driving has an accident in it, then BC is liable for damages since she is the only one listed on the title (except MC, who is now of the hook since he has be declared legally dead).

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

It's done through the local county tax accessor's office. You get your forms and required documentation, go in and pay your fees. The clerk verifies your information, and enters it right there, and gives you a receipt. Done deal. It's really bizarre who she would title it this way. And how are you going to put a vehicle in a man's name that you've had declared dead???

Has anyone here ever seen it stated that BC discussed turning off the phone and the kids were in agreement with it? I know that was said in regards to selling the car, but the phone deal?

I can't imagine things were hunky dory in their (PaPaw &
BC's) household for quite a while. During arguments (and there had to have been some)
did he threaten he would just disappear or hurt himself? Is that why she may have had an inkling that he wasn't returning?
Also, I know that people believe he wouldn't voluntarily leave his kids and grandkids but I wonder if his brain, thoughts etc were on a whole different plane. Maybe after months of denial it became too much.
And if Pawpa was aware of her shenanigans (and he had to be) why didn't he file for divorce or seek some sort of intervention or help with their local pastor?
I'm still not ready to put her down as evil or criminally complicit in his disappearance just yet.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of a kind man who loved his wife and treated her like a queen. Then to discover that she MAY have been unfaithful. I sure as heck wouldn't be running up to Wal-mart to get her dang mascara. Nice guy, or not. Maybe he wasn't aware of the affair(s) or the rumor of the affair(s).
(Is mention of this ok, since Steel has confirmed there was an affair? Sorry, I do get confused about the rules sometimes).

I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of a kind man who loved his wife and treated her like a queen. Then to discover that she MAY have been unfaithful. I sure as heck wouldn't be running up to Wal-mart to get her dang mascara. Nice guy, or not. Maybe he wasn't aware of the affair(s) or the rumor of the affair(s).
(Is mention of this ok, since Steel has confirmed there was an affair? Sorry, I do get confused about the rules sometimes).
I feel there is more here than has been revealed. And chances are we will never know. For example: were they sleeping in the same bedroom? Maybe between arguments it was "business as usual"
ie: picking up mascara for his wife.

No one needs to agree, here. I'm just trying to look at all angles and trying
to keep my emotion out of it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Steel54

1. You've told us about the affair(s). Has BC addressed this situation with MC children? I would suspect this could be a huge elephant in the room if it hasn't been addressed by now.

2. Do you think its weird/normal for BC to request MC pick up mascara at Walmart? This has been discussed at nasueam here at WS - but since you are family, how do you feel about it? Is this something you would expect from MC, particularly since you have shared that things were tense before MC went missing.

3. We've talked about BD. Do you know him or have any mutual friends with him? I think Greenville is small so I was curious if you had any mutual friends or if he was just a random dude.

Posts have been removed due to rudeness and bickering.

For links that are behind a paywall, you may paraphrase and include the link in case someone else has a subscription, or wants to pay for one. You can post any portion of the content that is included in a preview, but you cannot copy and paste.

Also, remember that if you post/state something as fact, you must provide a link.

Please get back to discussing the case instead of each other. Any further rudeness or bickering will result in Timeouts.

:tyou:

Who orchestrated all of this, it took a lot of thought and planning, I don't believe BC did this by herself, had to be a lawyer or such involved and they probably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't for a second underestimate the ingenuity of a woman. Ladies don't take offense that's a compliment.

Maybe BC is involved in the drug world.

Steel has anyone ever checked to see if BD can receive visitors? I know I am scrappier than many, but I think I would want first had info of what he knew and if there was any shadiness to him landing in jail. Not an ok way to hush someone!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Steel has anyone ever checked to see if BD can receive visitors? I know I am scrappier than many, but I think I would want first had info of what he knew and if there was any shadiness to him landing in jail. Not an ok way to hush someone!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good question. Im not familiar with jails - can LE restrict visitors? Im sure they can if they are not following the rules but if they are being good there, can they still restrict? Hows that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
car175