Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they get fingerprints from a FOB? Thingy to unlock cars/start cars?

On the day that mattered - the day she went missing and the day before the hurricane there was a mandatory evacuation at the coast. So I imagine it was super busy. Although, she said traffic wasn't bad at 7:30.

But why if they were evacuating from that area? Wouldn't that mean it would empty?

J.M.O.

"According to the U.S. Department of Justice, Houston is one of the largest hubs for human trafficking in the nation and the largest hub in Texas. Houston has over 200 active brothels, with two new openings each month." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_Texas "Motel 6 pays $250,000 to settle human trafficking suit." "one of the chain's locations was a base for human traffickers, drug dealers and gang members, prosecutors said" - Aug 31st 2017 https://www.cbsnews.com/news/motel-6-pays-250000-to-settle-human-trafficking-suit/ Another possibility. She looked a lot younger than 38 and was pretty. I wonder how many Motel 6's have been used for human trafficking?

That is interesting about the lawsuit that Motel 6 paid.

Boy do I have so many stories from my travels. I have driven cross country or state to state many times meeting breeders and picking out puppies out of litters for my clients for the last 20 years. Motel 6 always allowed dogs at no cost, so it was my first choice. They also have many locations along the highway, so I traveled Motel 6 to Motel 6. I'm quite a straight of the line person, I kept to myself and once I got there and got in the room, never went out until I left the next day. Anyway I have moved on to other dog friendly chains. But it was a rare time that I stayed in the hotel and police weren't there for one reason or another. Two times SWAT teams came through looking in each room....and once I had moved to Minneapolis and had two undercover police at my door the next morning checking to see...I guess about prostitution....they barged right in my room...I had three dogs and suit cases etc....they looked at each other and said....she has her dogs and her things....and left. I asked the front desk person later and was told that the police get the daily lists of people who check in...and I guess a woman by herself with out of state plates was someone they checked on. It was crazy.

I had tried to find out what happened with her parents but nothing turned up when I googled them. Although I did find out she used her mom's maiden name and her dad and uncle Jeff were brothers. Her parents died 6 months apart. Oct 1993 and March 1994

Is Serrate her Mothers maiden name?
Has there already been mention of whether she is an only child or has siblings? If so I missed it?

Hey there everyone! I'm new, have been a lurker. Reading, reading, reading.

I don't know Miss Crystal but do live directly south of Baytown, Although
it's been a few years since I went there for any reason.

To the best of my memory, our area wasn't ecpecting the initial direct hit from Harvey. Corpus was. I was very concerned for my brother, a first responder that lives there and could not evacuate. Harvey was a slow mover and hung out over our area, dumping RAIN. I honestly can't remember the first night we kept watch over the water rising towards our home (it was a long stressful week) but I think most people stayed because there were only voluntary evacs going on here for the most part. Even Dickinson (south of me) didn't call for a mandatory evac until AFTER the town was flooded out. I have a relative that lives on Galveston island and They didn't evacuate, if that tells you anything. I've lived one the gulf coast the majority of of my life, the hurricanes and tropical storms are just so unpreductable no matter how much the meteorologists try to predict where they will fall.

I believe some folks took shelter at that motel 6 for whatever reason, from what I could gather online while the storm was raging. So it may have had quite a few guests at that time.

Off to run errands but I'll be back.

To the person that said they were sitting in their home last night, the dogs alerted and they heard a voice say "someone's here": where did that voice come from? Inside your home? Outside? Just curious. Very eery!

Thank you!! That answers my question !!!
It might have been known in town it was going to be busy and full there making using that lot very smart.

J.M.O.

I thought that she had lived out of state with an aunt for a couple of years. The aunt has a daughter who's close to Crystal.
I thought I saw mention of a sister but I'm not sure

sorry if already posted. I was looking for info about whether the search was still on.
Yes

MISSING: Crystal McDowell - Baytown, TX (8/25/17)
09/06/17 -- The active search for 38 year-old Crystal McDowell will resume on Thursday – September 7th 2017 at 8:00 a.m. The search staging area will be at 5959 West Bay Rd., which is about ½ mile north of Hwy. 99 in Baytown, Texas 77523. We will be in need of searchers on foot and ATVs. Please dress appropriately for thick brush, a wet or muddy terrain and mosquitos. Wear snake boots if you have them.

https://www.facebook.com/txeqorg/posts/1699217336777350?hc_location=ufi

Just making some observations on CM.
• She grew up with her Uncle, that might make her more comfortable having guy friends.
• Also, losing her parents would probably make it hard for her to let go of the EX completely. I think she truly wanted a family. It's probably why she kept the EX basically hanging on to hope.

Just some observations / speculations

Hwy 99 why?

It's where TXEQ is searching.
I wonder what the "credible lead" was.

If abduction, it's close to a hwy that presumably leads out of the area (though I haven't looked at a map)

"The active search for 38 year-old Crystal McDowell will resume on Thursday – September 7th 2017 at 8:00 a.m. The search staging area will be at 5959 West Bay Rd., which is about ½ mile north of Hwy. 99 in Baytown,"

"HAWTHORNE: So every one of those things that you mentioned, Ashleigh, are clues to us. And there`s a reason why I have contacted Tim Miller with

Texas Equusearch because we`re putting enough pieces to the puzzle. We`ve captured enough -- I say enoug
h, not enough, but we`ve captured enough

video to move the investigation forward and start looking at some different places and locations to start doing some educated searches."

Judging by the fact that the area being searched is in the vicinity of the ex's work, wouldn't it stand to reason that the "video" he's talking about came from around there? I wonder if the ex's work had security cameras outside and they caught something on one of them. Maybe she met him there after all. I wish we knew what time he was told not to go into work that day.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]Judging by the fact that the area being searched is in the vicinity of the ex's work, wouldn't it stand to reason that the "video" he's talking about came from around there? I wonder if the ex's work had security cameras outside and they caught something on one of them. Maybe she met him there after all. I wish we knew what time he was told not to go into work that day.

I thought TxEq suspended that particular search and are no looking somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member