Hurricane Irma - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEVASTATION IN NAPLES | Drone video shows flooded debris after Irma passed straight through Naples. pic.twitter.com/I6c0EKUcTS

:( I guess this was after the storm surge. I hope no one lost their life.

I'm thinking of all you guys and ladies. DH's aunt lives in a trailer east of Tampa and just casually decided yesterday to go to her son's house. And he lives just in the next town over but in a house. I'm from southwest GA and we just moved away from there a couple of years ago. Hope it isn't too bad. Stay safe everyone!

ETA : EAST of Tampa not West.

Rain much better very big gusts what I just caught on to was earlier when it was both it was hard to actually seperrate the two so the size of the gusts were not really cler

One other things just hit me-- is there are really big windows in here its a small unit but bed rm stair part and the living room part have like 9 by 7 ( in three panes per windo

love it helpful as fara depression goes --but that was a lot of lakes of rains slamming against all the windows

now the rain is less so now kinda catching on toe really how big the gusts are

put lady love bug back on her leash am sitting up in bed did same earlier have her leash around my leg

did that earlier too she is very iinstictive but also high strung and my fear was if a window went she would fly off the bed in a startle reaction

but catching on to how instense the gusts are still have change of window

wind under a certain threshold is very soothing but this stuff is like bigger than you can hurt you and lady love bug and it is a automatic internal fear response

first hurricane i every wanted to END go away leave us alone bug off

Rain much better very big gusts what I just caught on to was earlier when it was both it was hard to actually seperrate the two so the size of the gusts were not really cler

One other things just hit me-- is there are really big windows in here its a small unit but bed rm stair part and the living room part have like 9 by 7 ( in three panes per windo

love it helpful as fara depression goes --but that was a lot of lakes of rains slamming against all the windows

put lady love bug back on her leash am sitting up in bed did same earlier have her leash around my leg

did that earlier too she is very iinstictive but also high strung and my fear was if a window went she would fly off the bed in a startle reaction

wind under a certain threshold is very soothing but this stuff is like bigger than you can hurt you and lady love bug and it is a automatic internal fear response

Maybe seek shelter in your bathroom? IDK...Just trying to help

Glad to know you and Lady Love Bug are safe, CARIIS, I'm fond of you. HTH it passes soon [emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First lightening -- henry am i wrong lightening in hurricane can indicate the part of a hurricane regarding tornados?

I know typically torandos in hurricanes ( a lot of that might be inabilty to tell if the damage was a tornado or the high winds ) but the chance of tornado is more on the 6 in the morning to 9 in the morning part of the clock

Glad to know you and Lady Love Bug are safe, CARIIS, I'm fond of you. HTH it passes soon [emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I TY

Lady love bug says ruff ruff and is licking her big black nose!

That is a lie! Lady love bug is right here and nodding off! HA!

I have never seen lightening in a hurricane never it is blue and it is picking up a lot like a typical summer storm here

Maybe seek shelter in your bathroom? IDK...Just trying to help

ty it does not feel like that it is kind of like a waiter having a big juicy steak ( do not ask me how this stuff crossed my mind - if any of us met - my bipolar does not have psycotic features!)

its like umm the waiter is approaching all calm and then he passes you by its for another table!! HA
this is like it gets nice a peacefull and then it roars through and then peaceful then it comes again

so you become mistrustful of is it really calming

the radar helps but cant do the bug gusts

so since you go throu feeling like it is calming you get to this place where you just cant determine when it is really done

and you probably made it through without losing elec

why do flashlight makers make flashlights in all sorts of stupid colors black the dumbest dark blue a close second

I think the brightest white known to mankind kind of makes the most sense

that is funny

you ?

why do flashlight makers make flashlights in all sorts of stupid colors black the dumbest dark blue a close second

I think the brightest white known to mankind kind of makes the most sense

that is funny

you ?
Well, that's a great idea. Ours is black too. It's kind of stupid when you think about it.

Is Irma still a cat 2?

Hey y'all! So, I spent the day playing Irish and Scottish music with my friends at a pub. It felt good to have a bit of a respite (and a couple of pints!) after worrying about my Florida girls the last few days. Still, I had CNN running on my phone with the sound off the whole time and I have to say when they showed pics of flooding I teared up. I'm so glad my girls are safe but they, along with many, many people are going to have a heckuva cleanup next week! Rebuilding is going to be a nightmare!

My Miami daughter is still in New York - she sent a pic of my sweet grandson relaxing in a fancy hotel, courtesy of my ex. Her hubby is still in Pensacola with the pets and they're all whining about being lonely for each other - ah, young love! :heartbeat:

My West Palm Beach daughter is safe and snug. Last time we texted she still had power even though some areas near her were out. I'm kind of shocked but pleased nevertheless.

MIA (Miami International Airport) reported a 92 mph gust! They're trying to get the airport open but they got some damage so it'll stay closed at least through Monday. Hopefully not much longer though.

MIA has been closed for flights, but the terminal remained open for more than 600 hotel guests and 40 stranded passengers who did not have hotel rooms. Some concessions stayed open as well.

“Some airlines will fly personnel and crew members tomorrow in preparation for flights to resume,” the airport said.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article172513776.html

FLL (Ft. Lauderdale) and PBI (Palm Beach) airports will also be closed tomorrow.
https://fl511.com/

Anyway, all you guys feeling Irma's wrath or waiting for it stay safe and hunkered down! And please keep checking in if you can. Love to all of you!

:loveyou: :grouphug:

"Gas station" guy's most recent video driving the streets:
[video=youtube;-Pi_MtfNA7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pi_MtfNA7w[/video]

:scared: ETA: He responded to comments less than a minute ago so he is ok, but this damage is scary!

With a massive hurricane in Florida - only 18 users browsing this thread. Hard to believe - IMO.

Once again, please be safe Floridians. My prayers and thoughts go out to you.

Fox News just reported Irma has been downgraded to a Cat 1. Glad she is getting weaker but no there is still danger from surges. I hope everyone here stays safe!

I also have family in FL in the Bradenton area. So far, they are doing well. My one cousin has hurricane shutters on his house. He had lived in Houston for 16 years and moved to FL a couple of years ago or so. His brother's house flooded during Hurricane Harvey so he and his wife are staying in an apartment -- I hope on an upper floor but not the top floor because I've read about a roof blowing off an apartment building.

I hope everyone makes it through this terrible storm okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member