Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The results that come up on google when you search the term "hunt county corruption " [emoji20]
This case is just another one to add to the list it seems. I pray Pawpaw gets justice unlike so many others in this county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The results that come up on google when you search the term "hunt county corruption " [emoji20]
This case is just another one to add to the list it seems. I pray Pawpaw gets justice unlike so many others in this county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's sort of shocking.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

It's sort of shocking.

I nearly choked when I saw that case law cited . . . . I was reading about a COMPLETELY different case, in a COMPLETELY different county, that I would never had dreamed had any kind of connection to good ol HC. :maddening:

But in other news, I learned a lot tonight, by browsing sm.

ETA - It would be so nice if the neighbors or the neighbors' son would join us here!

Ive been catching up from today so excuse my random thoughts on a plethora of things that have been brought up.

1. I don't believe Steel ever directly said how he/she was related, just
that they were and I enjoyed the other viewpoint to add to what Pmerle has contributed on here. I think it's been most helpful and I hope they consider returning in the future.

2. As far as the things brought up on HCSO...trust me in saying it's probably just the tip of the iceberg. It's one thing when local LE is lukewarm in their response to crime. It's another thing altogether when elements of LE not only are complacent but also have part in orchestrating aspects of the crime...and Im speaking of "crime" in general...not necessarily specific to papaw...although I think it may go hand in hand.

3. Ive been doing quite a bit of research on HC, some specific crimes that are now basically cold cases, including missing persons and even a double murder that recently started getting newly raised attention. The case that has also failed to get anywhere with relation to HCSO is the Carey Mae Parker case. I think there is a good possibility some in LE either had something to do with her disappearance or knew of it and have covered it for various reasons. In relation to that, I wonder if it could also be true here. If papaw could have seen something. If he could have gone to visit someone....and been unwilling witness to something that could have lead to his disappearance. Normally I would look at cases like this and think "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras". But I've seen stranger things happen and I don't think its out of the realm of possibility. I think the big missing piece is wrapped up in an assumed timeline. We assume he came straight home from wal mart and never went anywhere else. Why? Because of what neighbors DIDNT see? Well, they didnt see papaw. They didnt interact with him. So do they even know for sure he was there when they were in the yard?
What would confirm his whereabouts? Pings from phones that LE don't have? Phone records that were allowed to be printed off and turned over to LE by the spouse...sorry but I can print myself off some pretty authentic looking documents and with programs today I can cut, paste, delete and manipulate them to make you think anything I want.
Why would LE accept this?
Why would LE sign off on declaring someone deceased with so little proof if they tried to indict someone with that amount of proof they would be laughed out of court?
Why was LE so quick to arrest the ONE tipster that came forward? Even if he had NO information you mean to tell me they didnt know the effect this would have on essentially shutting down any other future tips? As someone pointed out early in the case, we arent asking tips from crowds of Baptist preachers here....anyone who would/could/did cause a totally un-criminally involved man like papaw to disappear is gonna be slightly to severely shady. There was no public threat by BD that would cause him to need arresting more than the half dozen meth houses that the entire COUNTY knows about that HCSO essentially has blind eyes to. Yet...he's hushed and put away.

While I have other suspects that are strong on my radar for the actions, and even louder inactions on their part, I do not discount that this case could be much deeper than that and the possibility of that is worrisome for not only papaw but any law abiding citizen in this county.
All MOO.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

I wish I could like this post a million times! It's so good!

The following documents have been uploaded to Google Drive:

1. Citation on Application for Probate of Written Will, dated 04/20/2017 (newly uploaded today)

2. Oath (Rebecca Lynn Chambers), dated 06/07/2017

3. Proof of Death and Other Facts, dated 06/07/2017

4. Last Will and Testament, signed on 10/13/2009 and filed on 06/07/2017

5. Blanket Order to Remove Confidential Information from Files, dated 01/27/2015 (It reads, in part, "It is ordered that any death certificate and or birth certificate found in a civil or probate file currently in possession of the Hunt County Clerk shall be removed from said file and held by the clerk, or her deputy, in another location in said clerk's office," so it appears to be a standard order, IMO)

6. Order Directing County Clerk to Deposit Funds Into the Registry of the Court, dated 06/20/2017 (newly uploaded today)

7. Copy of the Check Deposited Into the ROC, dated 06/20/2017 (newly uploaded today)

8. Notice of Filing Publisher's Affidavit, dated 06/26/2017 (newly uploaded today)

9. Inventory, Appraisement, and List of Claims, dated 08/25/2017 (newly uploaded today)

10. Order Approving Inventory, Appraisement, and List of Claims, dated 08/25/2017 (newly uploaded today)

11. Estate History Available as of Today (also attached at the bottom of the post)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1b1dgU_K9dic1hjeG5tMzZ5TUk?usp=sharing

*The following are strictly my own personal observations:
A. Re: "Proof of Death and Other Facts":
Will look into how and why May 26th, 2017 may have come to be used as the date of death (I know I have been saying this for weeks now, but I must say it is kind of a time-consuming process in that it requires a lot of reading ...)

B. Re: "Order Directing County ... Registry of the Court":
According to this document, BC had already sold a 2014 Dodge Ram pickup truck by June 7th. From the document, it is unclear if it was PaPaw's truck, but I am surmising that it was. I still have no idea how or why "On June 28, 2017, the Texas Department of Transportation issued a new title on the 2014 Dodge Ram truck that had belonged to Mr. Chambers. Rather than the new owner’s name, the title listed 'Michael Chambers Rebecca Lynn Chambers' as the vehicle owner,' when PaPaw had already been "deceased" for three weeks at that point.
ETA 2: The above quote is from the petition.

C. Re: "Inventory, Appraisement, and List of Claims":
1) First thing I noticed: "Claims Owed to Estate: $0.00." So I guess there are no debts ...?

2) Value of the Chambers' Residence: Its value is listed as $118,325. According to Hunt County Hunt
County Appraisal District, its market and appraised values are both $246,960 with assessed value $242,216. According to the Hunt County Clerk's Office, it appears a mortgage (possibly a second mortgage) was taken out on the property for $180,800 on July 11th, 2014. Could the value listed on the document be the difference between the current market/appraised or assessed value and what remains of the mortgage? In fact, at least in Michigan, this appears to be the case: "For decedents who died after March 28, 2013, the value of real property is the net value. If there is a mortgage or other lien on the property, the property’s value will be the market value minus the mortgage or other lien amount." (https://michiganlegalhelp.org/self-...e-planning/overview-of-small-estate-processes) I will try to find out if this is the case in TX.

Related Documents:
a) Chembers' Residence CAD Search Result: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1b1dgU_K9diZmgzQkJmZnBkQkU/view?usp=sharing
Source: http://esearch.hunt-cad.org/
b) Deed of Trust dated 07/11/2014:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1b1dgU_K9diZ3BYWG9QbHB6OXc/view?usp=sharing
Source: https://hunttx-recorder.tylerhost.net/web/

And last but not the least: If anyone in the family is uncomfortable with me posting these documents here, please, please let me know and I will be more than happy to ask the mods to remove this post.

MGC Estate Probate Case History as of 09122017.jpg

ETA 1: Since the mortgage has not been paid off, I am assuming that BC is still making monthly payments. The best I can tell, the house has not been put on the market.

The following documents have been uploaded to Google Drive:

1. Citation on Application for Probate of Written Will, dated 04/20/2017 (newly uploaded today)

2. Oath (Rebecca Lynn Chambers), dated 06/07/2017

3. Proof of Death and Other Facts, dated 06/07/2017

4. Last Will and Testament, signed on 10/13/2009 and filed on 06/07/2017

5. Blanket Order to Remove Confidential Information from Files, dated 01/27/2015 (It reads, in part, "It is ordered that any death certificate and or birth certificate found in a civil or probate file currently in possession of the Hunt County Clerk shall be removed from said file and held by the clerk, or her deputy, in another location in said clerk's office," so it appears to be a standard order, IMO)

6. Order Directing County Clerk to Deposit Funds Into the Registry of the Court, dated 06/20/2017 (newly uploaded today)

7. Copy of the Check Deposited Into the ROC, dated 06/20/2017 (newly uploaded today)

8. Notice of Filing Publisher's Affidavit, dated 06/26/2017 (newly uploaded today)

9. Inventory, Appraisement, and List of Claims, dated 08/25/2017 (newly uploaded today)

10. Order Approving Inventory, Appraisement, and List of Claims, dated 08/25/2017 (newly uploaded today)

11. Estate History Available as of Today (also attached at the bottom of the post)

*The following are strictly my own personal observations:
A. Re: "Proof of Death and Other Facts":
Will look into how and why May 26th, 2017 may have come to be used as the date of death (I know I have been saying this for weeks now, but I must say it is kind of a time-consuming process in that it requires a lot of reading ...)

B. Re: "Order Directing County ... Registry of the Court":
According to this document, BC had already sold a 2014 Dodge Ram pickup truck by June 7th. From the document, it is unclear if it was PaPaw's truck, but I am surmising that it was. I still have no idea how or why "On June 28, 2017, the Texas Department of Transportation issued a new title on the 2014 Dodge Ram truck that had belonged to Mr. Chambers. Rather than the new owner’s name, the title listed 'Michael Chambers Rebecca Lynn Chambers' as the vehicle owner,' when PaPaw had already been "deceased" for three weeks at that point.

1) First thing I noticed: "Claims Owed to Estate: $0.00." So I guess there are no debts ...?

2) Value of the Chambers' Residence: Its value is listed as $118,325. According to Hunt County Hunt
County Appraisal District, its market and appraised values are both $246,960 with assessed value $242,216. According to the Hunt County Clerk's Office, it appears a mortgage (possibly a second mortgage) was taken out on the property for $180,800 on July 11th, 2014. Could the value listed on the document be the difference between the current market/appraised or assessed value and what remains of the mortgage? In fact, at least in Michigan, this appears to be the case: "For decedents who died after March 28, 2013, the value of real property is the net value. If there is a mortgage or other lien on the property, the property’s value will be the market value minus the mortgage or other lien amount." (https://michiganlegalhelp.org/self-...e-planning/overview-of-small-estate-processes) I will try to find out if this is the case in TX.

Related Documents:
a) Chembers' Residence CAD Search Result: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1b1dgU_K9diZmgzQkJmZnBkQkU/view?usp=sharing

And last but not the least: If anyone in the family is uncomfortable with me posting these documents here, please, please let me know and I will be more than happy to ask the mods to remove this post.

View attachment 123055
The naming of the title puzzles me. We live in the same county and when my dad passed, my mom had to file paperwork to remove his name from the title of a vehicle they had purchased for my daughter. This one is a head scratcher how they could have his name on a title when he's been declared deceased.

inmyhumbleopinion, you ROCK!

inmyhumbleopinion, you ROCK!

Thank you so much!

I hesitated to post all of this, and I still have doubts, but it's all public information that can be accessed by anyone. And I feel it's important that facts be presented, in order to prevent misunderstanding and to eliminate unfounded speculation. And, most importantly, to #BringPaPawHome.

Thank you so much!

I hesitated to post all of this, and I still have doubts, but it's all public information that can be accessed by anyone. And I feel it's important that facts be presented, in order to prevent misunderstanding and to eliminate unfounded speculation. And, most importantly, to #BringPaPawHome.
And it is MOST helpful to have it all in one place. Facts speak for themselves!!! And it's high time this case had some movement! Thanks so much IMHO!!!

Related Documents:

View attachment 123055

ETA 1: Since the mortgage has not been paid off, I am assuming that BC is still making monthly payments. The best I can tell, the house has not been put on the market.

SBM for focus

I am sorry for quoting my own post. Wanted to edit, but ran out of time:

ETA 3: 3) I also find it curious there are no values listed next to "Bank account" under "Certificate of Deposit/cash" (the first page, however, shows "$0.00"). If there was no money left in their bank account(s) "as of the date of death (May 26, 2017), could it be that a large debt was paid off between the time of PaPaw's disappearance and May 26th? Would BC have been able to do that using a check from their joint account, for example? Or if BC had a credit card in her own name only with a balance, would the issuing bank be listed under "Claims Owed to Estate" (I don't believe so, but I don't know for sure).

View attachment 123055

SBM for focus

Once again, my apologies for quoting my own post. Just in case anyone had any questions regarding the following, as I did:

ETA 4: 4) It appears that the item "Mortgages and Notes" under "Schedule C" refers to "notes, or mortgages (due the Decedent) at date of death. In other words, "any mortgages and notes (as assets, not liabilities) at date of death" (all italicized by me):
http://www.texasbarcle.com/Materials/Events/9436/125564_01.pdf

Is it my imagination, or did we hear the RM had signed as a witness to the Death Certificate?

This is probably stating the obvious, but who wins and who loses in PaPaw's disappearance?

Losers - obviously PaPaw, and his brokenhearted family, children and grandchildren.

(All of us too, who have come to care so deeply for a man we never met.)

Winners? Who and why?

Rhetorical question, I suppose. Just throwing it out there to think about. Why would LE have handled this case the way they have? What's in it for them?

Why do the pieces not fit?

Who benefits and why?

It may not have a simple answer. It may, in fact, have several motives.

Can't help but think of a piece of advice my (now deceased) brother, an attorney, always gave in cases like this.

"Follow the money trail."

This is probably stating the obvious, but who wins and who loses in PaPaw's disappearance?

Losers - obviously PaPaw, and his brokenhearted family, children and grandchildren.

(All of us too, who have come to care so deeply for a man we never met.)

Winners? Who and why?

Rhetorical question, I suppose. Just throwing it out there to think about. Why would LE have handled this case the way they have? What's in it for them?

Why do the pieces not fit?

Who benefits and why?

It may not have a simple answer. It may, in fact, have several motives.

Can't help but think of a piece of advice my (now deceased) brother, an attorney, always gave in cases like this.

"Follow the money trail."

Your brother sounds like he was a very wise man.

Is it my imagination, or did we hear the RM had signed as a witness to the Death Certificate?

Nope he did. But I cannot recall which document it was in but I think it was the first set of documents that IMHO posted awhile back but I could be wrong.

Nope he did. But I cannot recall which document it was in but I think it was the first set of documents that IMHO posted awhile back but I could be wrong.

Hmmmm.... I thought he did, but I didn't find anything with his signature. Did I miss it??

I feel pretty certain that with regards to the truck title (and this idea was actually mentioned in the petition) there was most likely a clause in their insurance policy which would have fully paid the lien in the event of death. It would make perfect sense as to why the title was reissued (w/o lien) in their names.

It's the "Citation on Application ..." doc. RM's name is on it, but the signed by a deputy:

ETA: There may be others. I just took a quick look.

I saw that, and wondered if that was what was meant. That's just the receipt of service, and totally normal. I was under the impression that RM actually SIGNED as a witness or something. I have looked and looked for where he himself may have actually done this. So, I'm guessing that this receipt of service is what the VI was talking about. Guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member