Zach Adams guilty in kidnapping murder of Holly Bobo Sept 23, 2017

Do you mean east of Nashville? Hardin county is west of Nashville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that is what I meant. East. Def not in Memphis. Considering JN hails from location with highest amount of prosecutorial misconduct cases in the state. In fact, read an interesting case today very similar to this one in which she was on the prosecution had the Marshall's pay one of their witnesses. Pretty crazy considering how hard she worked to discredit Agent Walker.

There was that moment during the trial when the judge would not allow testimony that JA is in the Aryan Brotherhood, I agree that JA has a lot of pull in prison, much more so than ZA.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if JA and ZA are good ole' boy buddies, again, eventually.
Criminal minds accept their friends criminality, I wouldn't put it past ZA to excuse JA's lack of loyalty, forgive him, and join his gang, asap. He will need them in the years ahead of him.
I think ZA can relate to JA, even now. I think he will tell himself that JA did what he had to do to keep himself off death row.
They are so close, ZA knew who to go to when he needed to dispose of a body and JA was there for him, until the cops got on his tail. I think ZA looks up to JA.
Sick minds have an amazing capacity to bond with, and excuse, their sick friends.

I think you're right. I did not 100% believe JA. He said what was necessary. I think they all excused each other's behavior all along amnyway just because they are so sick.

To the BBM - a wee bit of levity.

794bbac5780ce108484665e2494a326e.png

You can see JN in the background of this presser. http://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...l-tennessee-prosecutor-amy-weirich/475649001/

Here is an example of one of the appeals - it seems paying witnesses is something that isn't out of the ballpark for JN. https://www.scribd.com/document/329884855/Andrew-Thomas-Appeal

"54)

On November 21, 2000, at a pre-trial hearing, the court further instructed the State to inform Thomas’s counsel “of any deals that might have been made or consideration given in exchange for any testimony, anything of that sort.” State Pre-Trial Tr. (11/21/00) at 16. Prosecutor Jennifer Nichols responded that Thomas’s counsel had access to open-file discovery.
See id
. at 16-17;
see also id
. at 15, 21-22, 28, 32-34 (discussing “open file discovery” for the purposes of
Brady
material). 55)

Thomas’s counsel reasonably relied on the prosecution’s word, telling the court that “any [
Brady
]

information they have I’m of the belief that -- that we now have.”
Id
. at 22;
see
Declaration of Michael E. Scholl ¶¶ 4, 6, attached hereto as Ex. 6"

56)

Yet despite the State’s repeated assurances that Thomas’s counsel would receive any exculpatory or impeachment evidence, the State withheld evidence of the payment that was made to Angela Jackson in connection with her prior testimony.
57)

At trial, Angela Jackson was asked during direct and cross-examination whether she received any rewards or deals in exchange for her testimony.
See
State Trial Tr. at 648, 680, attached hereto as Ex. 7. Both times, she testified that she did not receive either a reward or deal in exchange for her testimony against Thomas, or for her cooperation with the investigation more generally.

See id

59)

The fact of this payment was only first learned by Thomas in October 2011 during an evidentiary hearing in the United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee in connection with Thomas’s habeas corpus petition for relief from his federal sentence. At that hearing, U.S. Marshal Sanders, lead investigator of the shooting and robbery of Day, publicly acknowledged for the first time that he had personally given Angela Jackson a $750.00 FBI-funded payment in connection with her testimony against Thomas at his federal trial"

The state had agreed to sentence Zach Adams to life without parole plus 50 years for his conviction, just before a jury was expected to decide whether to give Adams the death penalty.

The decision mainly came from the family, who was wanting to bring a horrific chapter in theirs lives to a faster close and to begin the journey to find joy again.

"This decision that was made this morning had absolutely nothing to do with that animal," she said. "It had to do with the future of our family."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...her-decision-had-nothing-do-animal/696209001/

Yes, that is what I meant. East. .

Got it - cause for a minute there I thought we were going to have to pull out one of Jennifer Thompson's maps and figure this out [emoji23][emoji15]just kidding tho, lol

That video was from 17 years ago. Anything more recent that shows this ADA is corrupt?

More from the same link.

"We didn’t realize what families went through, had no idea. I just don’t think anyone can possibly even begin to understand what you go through," Karen Bobo said.

The decision from Holly Bobo's family to allow the sentencing agreement did not come from grace for Zach Adams. She said it came from hope for themselves.

[video=twitter;911682316178722817]https://twitter.com/JoshBreslowWKRN/status/911682316178722817[/video]

[video=twitter;911647632505933824]https://twitter.com/burtstaggsnews/status/911647632505933824[/video]

[video=twitter;911732321342181379]https://twitter.com/NC5_NickBeres/status/911732321342181379[/video]

I am not sure why it would matter that the judge knew the father of one of the jurors. The judge never mentioned it until the trial was over, and it seemed like it was a surprise to the juror. So what difference would it make in the deliberations in any way?

probably no consequence at all..however it is very common in voir dire to ask each juror if they know or recognize anyone of the attorneys or of course judge. If yes they are questioned further and then each side can decide if that could be a problem. So the fact that occurs leads me to believe it can make a difference.

They also said if there were notes referring to outside influence, not following judges instructions or considering something they had been told to disregard- they probably said more but that's all I caught

I think the value of the notes is as they jot things down we don't know some have even indicate things about the attorneys...or personal thoughts on the witness credibility...that is of big value to the attorneys in terms of dealing with the next two charged. Often the attorney would like speak with the jurors but their notes could be even more indicative of what they thought at the time..attorneys can then change their strategy. Judge tells jurors then cannot talk to each other about the case but they sure can write what they are thinking. It was the Nicks where I heard it and I get they are often wrong about things but I remember hearing the judge tell them they can take them and think it was odd so when they too brought it up it made sense. Now as to whether they can be subpoened not a clue.

But what would a juror's notes be evidence of? I don't think jury's note-taking is considered evidence

its not evidence...it is a key into what of their strategies worked based on notetaking and comments or maybe what turned off jury...could be anything...it is the same reason why they try very hard to talk to each juror that is willing to see the same things.

The entire reason for change of venue was to obtain a Fair and Impartial Trial. That didn't happen. According to Kenneth Belkin, Jurors can not know the parties involved. This case should have been tried somewhere west of Nashville. That's the bottom line.

See the video on twitter - [video=twitter;911688296920748032]https://twitter.com/Redraider007007/status/911688296920748032[/video]

i don't care whether we are in the hinterlands of a very rural area or midtown manhattan...same rules apply...this is NOT OKAY.

As long as they answered truthfully, I don't see why there would be a problem.

IF they answered yes they would be asked about it...something along the lines as to whether they felt this knowledge could affect their being fair in the case.Hopeully they did answer truthfully.

i don't care whether we are in the hinterlands of a very rural area or midtown manhattan...same rules apply...this is NOT OKAY.

Actually, there is no problem with it as long as it is disclosed. That TV attorney is a fool.

Interesting!! What did you do with your notes, oceanblueeyes, if you don't mind me asking?

They are packed away in our shed up in the loft area outside. I was the copious notetaker on all three murder cases. The death penalty one had the most notes of all though.

I really don't even know why I saved them, but I did which is unusual since I am a neat freak and do not like clutter. That's probably why I put them outside in the shed in a sealed storage container. :D

Actually, there is no problem with it as long as it is disclosed. That TV attorney is a fool.

right I should have qualified that...if disclosed and discussed and okay with all parties no problem. I think the point is there is some question as to whether this was moved far enough away...I don't know how hard the defense atty fought for that...no matter what I think she would have lost.

They are packed away in our shed up in the loft area outside. I was the copious notetaker on all three murder cases. The death penalty one had the most notes of all though.

I really don't even know why I saved them, but I did which is unusual since I am a neat freak and do not like clutter. That's probably why I put them outside in the shed in a sealed storage container. :D

ocean...I missed this have you been a juror on three murder cases?

Thanks for answering, oceanblueeyes! I was curious is all. I have letters, statements/receipts from 20 years ago stashed away in a box in my shed and it's fun reading back through the letters, (the statements/receipts are interesting too, just comparing prices etc from 20 years ago). I can't imagine one would get much, if any, enjoyment from reading back through their notes they took during a trial though which is why I asked what you did with them when you took them home. Interesting nonetheless! :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beefalo
Back