Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited by me for brevity

I agree I got that impression too.

And what's more she seemed to enjoy making her letters to the editor just cryptic enough that not all will understand. There are a couple of examples such as those I posted half an hour ago entitled bragging rights and cut the glitz. Another is the one she sent to the Herald Sun on Saturday

"You should know what you are voting for before you cast your vote,” she purportedly wrote.

“Thank you John Howard for being forthright and honest in what has been a vicious campaign largely run by extremist.

“I love and respect gay people and they deserve better than this,” she said."

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...doorknocking-neighbours-in-elisa-curry-search

Because of the final sentence it could be assumed she was a supporter of same sex marriage. However I did a quick Google and it's clear that what she was thanking John Howard for on Saturday was this:
"Howard has come out strongly for a "no" vote to the extent that he authorised a full-page advertisement, with a very prime ministerial look about it, in last Saturday's*Canberra Times."
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/sames...the-permanent-politician-20171004-gyu5ka.html

So quite the opposite. I find it intriguing the cryptic way she structures her letters.

Just my thoughts, but i think she was being a little sarcastic? From the letters i've read... i think she supports marriage equality - "they deserve better than this" as I remember. correct me if i am wrong anyone...

:welcome3:and :popcorn: <---------- share a snack with me.. .

I never cease to admire people who rip open the shirt and say, here, my heart.. . whaddaya say?..... your insight is priceless, and I am still smiling here, envisioning you tango'ing with the messy beast.... ..

[video=youtube;BKO6CDxreMU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKO6CDxreMU[/video]

I'm with you Trooper.....talk to me, educate me I take my hat off to those folks out there that can share their raw experiences. As you asked up thread where did it happen etc, etc that helps all of us get a better understanding as to why and how.

Problems that we know of that Elisa was dealing with at the time of her disappearance;

Depression
Alcoholism
Marital problems
Disagreements with sibling over Mother's inheritance
Placement of holiday home on the market (maybe this last one was the straw that broke the camel's back and the one that tipped her over the edge)?

I also remember reading that husband also took a friend as well as the children to the MCG for the AFL GF. So this means that he had purchased 5 tickets which probably included Elisa going as well as a family outing and maybe Elisa changed her mind and decided not to go, thus explaining why husband took a friend.

For her to be alone at the holiday home at the time of her disappearance, a planned suicide may well have been on her mind.

I have wondered if she is in hiding somehere, as she has done in the past. That would be a miracle. MOO

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST. I'm having problems with this website again. Grrr !!!

Great post. It's good to see you tiddies.

Problems that we know of that Elisa was dealing with at the time of her disappearance;

Depression
Alcoholism
Marital problems
Placement of holiday home on the market (maybe this last one was the straw that broke the camel's back and the one that tipped her over the edge)?

I also remember reading that husband also took a friend as well as the children to the MCG for the AFL GF. So this means that he had purchased 5 tickets which probably included Elisa going as well as a family outing and maybe Elisa changed her mind and decided not to go, thus explaining why husband took a friend.

For her to be alone at the holiday home at the time of her disappearance, a planned suicide may well have been on her mind.

I have wondered if she is in hiding somehere, as she has done in the past. That would be a miracle. MOO

has she hidden in the past?? is that just a FB one-line rumour from yesterday, or am i missing something? I have just read 10 pages (since yesterday afternoon to catch up!).. it's moving quick. it's great that so many of us are thinking of Elisa, and i hope it gives her loves one comfort that others care

Depression
Alcoholism
Marital problems

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST. I'm having problems with this website again. Grrr !!!

The house hasn't been put on the market.

Just on the grand final tickets, there's a decent chance DC obtained them through work, and therefore didn't pay for them. I'm only putting this out there because earlier, some thought it odd (I think) that he was away from her for such an event.

Just my thoughts, but i think she was being a little sarcastic? From the letters i've read... i think she supports marriage equality - "they deserve better than this" as I remember. correct me if i am wrong anyone...

I think she was agreeing with Howard about the travesty of the postal survey, it's non binding, has created so much vicious and vile behaviour and there's been no clarity about exactly what wording will be changed. Funny we didn't need a survey or vote for Howard to change the wording to genderize it in the 90s. Elisa got it right, gays do deserve better.

I think she was agreeing with Howard about the travesty of the postal survey, it's non binding, has created so much vicious and vile behaviour and there's been no clarity about exactly what wording will be changed. Funny we didn't need a survey or vote for Howard to change the wording to genderize it in the 90s. Elisa got it right, gays do deserve better.
I thought the postal survey question was extremely clear. It simply asked whether you preferred that the law be changed to allow same sex couples to marry. The wording, therefore, would reflect this (if changed).

I reckon it was 2000's that the little bespectacled bloke changed the wording.

Oh wow I see what you mean...
Maybe I am the one mistaken then. I haven't seen any other letters on marriage equality by Elisa... Off to Google!

Funny how things can be interpreted differently.
I saw the final sentence as an "I'm not homophobic BUT..." style qualifier. As in: she loves and respects gay people BUT the Yes campaign has been vicious and run by extremists and gay people deserve better than that. I saw it as a totally serious and not sarcastic thank you to John Howard for being forthright and honest.
But I can totally see how how you could interpret the thank you to John Howard as being sarcastic...
Now I'm unsure whether views are!!

what i find interesting in 1 or two of Elisa's letter is this - bold, italic, & underline by me

'Such vocabulary carries with it great stigma, making addicts feel like they are failures, and creating the perception among families and friends that their loved one is simply not trying hard enough.
'This creates further mental trauma for users. What we need is more understanding and acceptance of drug users: for a father to hug his son, tell him he is 100 per cent worthy and that he will support him whether or not he continues to use drugs.'

Also, she mentions in another post that it's difficult for women staying at home, when the husband has a 'mental illness'. sorry i can't find the link right now. but i know it exists. it's kinda weird

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rote-papers-drugs-poofters.html#ixzz4uo7UAH3g
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sure, sure, mock the newby. I've never been wrong with my feels tho. right, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

:welcome6:.... it was irresistible.. . . and good on you with your feels.. I go with my feels too and my strike rate is similar to Shane Bond's..... :blushing:

With her previous mental health struggles could someone carefully plan to make Elisa disappear and then make it appear she has self harmed. Maybe someone about to go through a costly divorce? Not accusing anyone but with lack of anything else I keep coming back to this thought?

:thinking: Gerard Baden-Clay might know?

I could see Elisa writing that way so as to have plausible deniability if her views offended someone in her real life - "oh no, that's not what I meant" etc.

Re. the homes, they have owned the Surrey Hills one since 2010($1.85 million), the holiday home since 2015($910,000).

On the pictures from the holiday home listing with Domain which are still online, there is a Listed: Feb 2017 watermark when you click into the pictures. This watermark isn't on the listing with Real Estate . com though, so might just be an error.
I think the Listed: Feb 2017 watermark made some think the holiday house might have been briefly put up for sale this year then taken off market.

I find the timing too close of a coincidence for when the neighbour went over for a second time (10pm) and when her phone went off (10.30pm) and then she disappears. Elisa must have been in an extreme state of mind then at around 10pm to have turned off her phone by 10.30pm, but this isn't really what we have heard from the neighbour, although we may not have been told. I'm saying this on the assumption that she wouldn't normally turn her phone off but who knows maybe she does.

If Elisa was going to top herself near the house or down at the beach, why take her phone with her. Did she take it with her and then turn it off near the beach? That would mean she would have left fairly quickly after the neighbour left, but according to the neighbour she was getting ready for bed. This doesn't make sense to me. I guess we just don't have enough information.
I'd like to know:
* were her keys at the house or are they missing? Presumably they are at the house as the cops said only her phone was missing.
* was the dog leash at home? If it was at the house then presumably if she took the dog out for a walk at that hour she would have had the dog on a leash.
* did she typically lock the house if she was going out for a walk? Was the house left open when the husband returned on Sunday morning?
* where were Eliza's pj's located when David arrived? Were they in a spot where she would drop them on the floor before putting on her running gear or were they under her pillow? What are her typical habits with putting them away etc?
* do we know if the neighbour changed her story to the police saying she went back on her own or was that her original story but the cops didn't release that part until later? If she changed her story that does seem like a red flag.

So many unanswered questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member