MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does a family cheer outside the courthouse after a mistrial? Especially when they know he's in a gang, steals, deals drugs, and will be on trial for another womans murder? How do you cheer that???????????

How does a family cheer outside the courthouse after a mistrial? Especially when they know he's in a gang, steals, deals drugs, and will be on trial for another womans murder? How do you cheer that???????????

Speaks volumes doesn't it.

From that night the gas tank appears to be off? or hanging. View attachment 124839

I believe that's the muffler. They are usually held up by rubber joints attached to hooks on the muffler for expansion and vibration control.

I edited my last post to include LE's statement about the rear end damage;

"Champion said visible damage to the trunk that can be seen in photos of the burned vehicle was caused by investigators accessing the trunk. The key mechanism was so badly burned that it took force to get into the trunk, he said."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/17/burned-teen-whereabouts-last-day/23568509/

Bear with me. JMHO I think that car was on fire before it came to rest up that incline next to tree. I have zoomed and zoomed there are portions of that ground burned at bottom that there are no tire tracks. Also burned area on other side of the big tree that was burned. But then what about the keys :thinking:
crime scene from road.JPG

But the car did not run into this fence post fence post in front of car.JPG

burned ground (lucky the whole woods weren't set fire) burned ground.JPG

Jessica Chambers Murder Trial Day 5 Part 1 Tellis Police Interview 10/14/17

[video=youtube;toIJTGC0rmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toIJTGC0rmM[/video]

Jessica Chambers Murder Trial Day 5 Part 2 DOJ Analyst Paul Rowlett Testifies 10/14/17

[video=youtube;6ymW-y7K_A0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ymW-y7K_A0[/video]

Jessica Chambers Verdict Jurors Possibly Confused on Unanimous Verdict Meaning 10/15/17 :sheesh:

[video=youtube;bVdK9P-gE5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVdK9P-gE5g[/video]

Thomas Womble, a prominent Mississippi attorney, told Fox News that he was predicting a hung jury, meaning a unanimous decision could not be reached.

"You got two very strong schools of thought out there," said Womble.

"Obviously this is a very emotional, heinous crime and everyone wants a conviction for someone. But on the flip side, this is an extremely difficult case based on the evidence that was out there," he said.

"If I’m preparing for trial, the first question you’ve got to ask is, 'Who's Eric?' That question never got answered," he said. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/16/jessica-chambers-murder-trial-jury-deliberations-under-way.html

I disagree.....strongly. That question WAS answered. There was testimony regarding the extensive investigation into anyone with that name who might have a connection to Jessica or the crime, and nothing was discovered. There was also testimony by the burn unit physician about Jessica's inability to speak clearly. And there was testimony regarding how that name might've gotten spread among the first responders in the chaos and trauma that night. How can that guy say it wasn't answered? This jury obviously had issues with comprehension, and a serious lack of critical thinking skills. That is the issue. The explanation given by Champion was quite clear, and it actually makes much more sense than Jessica having the ability to speak distinctly given the condition she was in. Simple common sense would tell you that much even without all the supporting testimony.

I just do not understand how something so relatively straightforward has been turned into such a huge,debatable issue. All the jury had to do was look at the photos of Jessica's injuries, and think about what they meant to her ability to communicate clearly.

Jessica Chambers Trial Judge Declares Mistrial 10/16/17

[video=youtube;H78GfyL65M8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H78GfyL65M8[/video]

The problem with this jury and with the Pinellas County jury and many others, is that they have to kick off any potential jurors who READ the news, WATCH the news, or DISCUSS the news with anyone. They need people who have no clue what is going on in their communities and the world around them.

So what kind of jurors are we left with? Usually people who admittedly have no interest in their community issues or news events. People who do not read or research anything.

So you get 12 people who did not understand what it means to come to a unanimous verdict before sending in the jury form.

ETA: I am NOT bashing this jury. Just discussing our pattern of choosing jurors who have no idea what is in the news and what the consequences of that are. n

Our pattern of choosing jurors not only met the requirements of not knowing what's in the news, it went far beyond what anyone could anticipate!

Does the jury form questionnaire ask about grade completed? Of course, unless a background check is completed on the chosen jurors, one could always lie on this form. JMO.

Today marks a new day in history!

It is my hope that the State will give more attention and creedance to the RN records at the Burn Unit and to the ME. Respectfully, with the extent of her burns, the tongue thickness, lack of oxygen, lack of lung expansion, understanding her would have been extremely difficult.

We want so badly to help and sometimes, in an emotionally charged, hellish, catastrophic situation, we think we hear something we really don't. Or someone tells us something and we think we heard it in the first person.

I am so sorry that there was not a verdict in this case. Hopefully, the retrial will be improved upon. IMO

It is my hope that the State will give more attention and creedance to the RN records at the Burn Unit and to the ME. Respectfully, with the extent of her burns, the tongue thickness, lack of oxygen, lack of lung expansion, understanding her would have been extremely difficult.

We want so badly to help and sometimes, in an emotionally charged, hellish, catastrophic situation, we think we hear something we really don't. Or someone tells us something and we think we heard it in the first person.

I am so sorry that there was not a verdict in this case. Hopefully, the retrial will be improved upon. IMO

Agree. It was fairly late in the trial before we learned that the flesh colored areas in the photos (that looked untouched by fire) were actually WORSE than the pink areas. I had no clue. I thought they were areas that were untouched, and that included a lot of her face! But it was just the opposite :(.

I disagree.....strongly. That question WAS answered. There was testimony regarding the extensive investigation into anyone with that name who might have a connection to Jessica or the crime, and nothing was discovered. There was also testimony by the burn unit physician about Jessica's inability to speak clearly. And there was testimony regarding how that name might've gotten spread among the first responders in the chaos and trauma that night. How can that guy say it wasn't answered? This jury obviously had issues with comprehension, and a serious lack of critical thinking skills. That is the issue. The explanation given by Champion was quite clear, and it actually makes much more sense than Jessica having the ability to speak distinctly given the condition she was in. Simple common sense would tell you that much even without all the supporting testimony.

I just do not understand how something so relatively straightforward has been turned into such a huge,debatable issue. All the jury had to do was look at the photos of Jessica's injuries, and think about what they meant to her ability to communicate clearly.

Yes. Not only would it be very difficult to communicate clearly. It would also be difficult to think clearly. Who knows what she was trying to say?

She was in shock, close to death's door. Although there are dying declarations, there are other instances where the last words of a trauma victim make little sense.

I believe that's the muffler. They are usually held up by rubber joints attached to hooks on the muffler for expansive and vibration control.

I edited my last post to include LE's statement about the rear end damage;

"Champion said visible damage to the trunk that can be seen in photos of the burned vehicle was caused by investigators accessing the trunk. The key mechanism was so badly burned that it took force to get into the trunk, he said."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/17/burned-teen-whereabouts-last-day/23568509/

Your exactly right it is the muffler my mine was in another mode looking for something else. I fixed my post. Thank you. I would not try to mislead on purpose for anything.

But having said that. I didn't hear anything in trial (possible I missed) of the investigators opening the trunk at the scene. That damage was done that night as it was that way on the tow. * could have been at scene to see if anyone was in trunk?

in light of what I heard from the jury today....i now wonder if when the defense atty called her Ericka Chambers three times...if they even noticed?

So JC did get gas in her car...

1) Jessica arrived at M&M First Stop Gas at 6:25pm
2) Exits car, approaches store, then walks out of frame until 6:27pm
3) Enters store at 6:27:15 pays (for gas?) then exits store at 6:28:15pm
4) Arrives back at car 6:28:27pm
5) Opens car door, either places something inside or uses interior latch to access gas tank.
6) Pumps gas from 6:29 to ? (news footage didn’t show timestamp)
7) Gets in car and drives away–estimated time now around 6:32pm?

in light of what I heard from the jury today....i now wonder if when the defense atty called her Ericka Chambers three times...if they even noticed?

I wondered that when it happened. To be honest, the multiple times Eric was said during the Def Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coloradoloser