MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
in light of what I heard from the jury today....i now wonder if when the defense atty called her Ericka Chambers three times...if they even noticed?

I know...I was thinking...the jurors were allowed to take notes....would be interesting to know if any did...

Your exactly right it is the muffler my mine was in another mode looking for something else. I fixed my post. Thank you. I would not try to mislead on purpose for anything.

But having said that. I didn't hear anything in trial (possible I missed) of the investigators opening the trunk at the scene. That damage was done that night as it was that way on the tow. * could have been at scene to see if anyone was in trunk?

I believe on the tow truck from the side, it shows a large gap that used to be the upper edge of the tail light assembly that melted off in the fire.

It is my hope that the State will give more attention and creedance to the RN records at the Burn Unit and to the ME. Respectfully, with the extent of her burns, the tongue thickness, lack of oxygen, lack of lung expansion, understanding her would have been extremely difficult.

We want so badly to help and sometimes, in an emotionally charged, hellish, catastrophic situation, we think we hear something we really don't. Or someone tells us something and we think we heard it in the first person.

I am so sorry that there was not a verdict in this case. Hopefully, the retrial will be improved upon. IMO

I thought the burn unit director Doctor Hickerson explained it quite clearly while showing the pictures of her swollen tongue and trachea. It's graphic but it's the day 3 video.
I was impressed.

in light of what I heard from the jury today....i now wonder if when the defense atty called her Ericka Chambers three times...if they even noticed?

This should certainly be brought up as an example in a future trial. How easily those who hear a name keep repeating it without thought. How telling is that!

There was a shocking lack of common sense (IMO) exhibited by this jury. Common sense isn't all that common, as it turns out. I'll be interested in hearing about any detailed stats on how this jury voted beyond just G/NG and if any of them explain what was going on that created such a quagmire.

How does a family cheer outside the courthouse after a mistrial? Especially when they know he's in a gang, steals, deals drugs, and will be on trial for another womans murder? How do you cheer that???????????

The apple doesn't fall far.

Oxford would be the best for a well rounded jury.

Great idea, EllaMae.

There should be plenty of sharp minds in a college town containing not just a university, but one with a law school. Not only that, John Grisham (author of many best-selling legal thrillers) and the DA himself attended that law school. And if that's not enough for you, John Champion's father was once a highly-respected law professor there.

Best,
Clouseau

Her name is Jessica.

Followed Jessica's case since the morning of Dec 7, 2014. Today, there was no glory found in the hour.

I recall vividly when DA Champion asked the Lead Investigator, Thompson [paraphrasing]:

Do you feel that you made any mistakes in the investigation of this murder?

Thompson responded, by saying, "Yes, Sir."

DA: What would you do differently?

Thompson: I would not have requested the immediate reports of the First Responders.

FC Cole H. stated, from the witness stand, that he was still "in a daze". His report was turned in 8 short hours after he held Jessica's hand as she lay dying.

Was he able to close his eyes to sleep that night? It's doubtful. Perhaps he was in the shock and awe stages of PTSD and never found comfort by sleeping before supplying his written report. He tried, while under oath, to desperately make everyone understand his trauma at that time.

[video=youtube;mMuTDdWXbNo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMuTDdWXbNo[/video]

I know...I was thinking...the jurors were allowed to take notes....would be interesting to know if any did...

Notes taken by this jury? You must be assuming they can read, write and possess comprehension.

My 9yo GD can spell, enunciate and properly use the word onomatopoeia in a sentence. Her 5yo sister can read a map. Education begins in the home. *QT is a Vice Lord gang member as MSM reported today which, considering the current time, really was yesterday. VL colors are red.

Remember the 4 times QT changed clothes on Dec 6? How many times, of those 4, included the color red? His arms and chest are covered in symbolic Tattoos. His Defense Team attempted to hide his tats with a white Tshirt under his new dress shirts, with nice new slacks with matching belt and shoes. MS taxpayers paid for the clothing that was hidden underneath.

His indignant duping delight grin will be seen around the world due to MSM.

* I posted Therese Apel's link two or three times already.

IIRC it was determined with some consensus in the earliest threads that the trunk damage was most likely from the fire department or the tow company prying it open as a pry bar was photographed laying on the top of the trunk.

23EB7E2F00000578-2867478-image-a-31_1418157745988.jpg

ETA: "Champion said visible damage to the trunk that can be seen in photos of the burned vehicle was caused by investigators accessing the trunk. The key mechanism was so badly burned that it took force to get into the trunk, he said."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/17/burned-teen-whereabouts-last-day/23568509/

Thanks. Had not seen references to trunk prior to my own observation. CH did give conflicting statements from his original statement. Further up thread it was addressed. My own opinion too much attention was given to what JC attempted to say in her condition. She was in classic shock which produces confusion. When I had surgery when I was a newly wed as I was coming out of anesthesia I was calling out "help". With my southern accent the nurses went out and called in the waiting area for "Hal". My husband clearly not Hal wanted to know who Hal was. We laughed about it for years.

Warning: if this doesn't put you to sleep, you have been drinking entirely too much coffee.

The following is based on Paul Rowlette's Power Point slides and discussion about cell towers in the Courtland area. Four towers come into play. Each was used by multiple cell phone companies, and not all companies used all towers. The tower locations in question are: two towers in Batesville (north of Courtland), one tower in Pope (south of Courtland), and one tower actually in Courtland on Shiloh Rd, the "Shiloh" tower. Jessica Chambers cell phone was with Verizon, and it used all four towers. Quentin Tellis' cell phone was with AT&T which only used the two in Batesville and one in Pope.

Recall the term used by Verizon, RTT or Range-to-Tower, which was an estimate by a tower at a given point in time when it was in contact with a cell phone as to the distance to that cell phone. There was another term used by AT&T with the same meaning. The accuracy of those distance estimates varied depending on such things as: number of cell towers involved, weather, topography (including presence of skyscrapers), and location within each cell tower's sectors or arcs of strongest reception. In addition to the distance, each data point would include an angle or compass bearing (azimuth) from the tower. So for example, looking from a tower for a given data set, one would first draw a line from the tower in the direction of the signal, then mark off the estimated distance along that line to arrive at the approximate cell phone location after correcting for difference in tower antenna and cellphone elevations.

Using the raw RTT data, Rowlette was able to process it and plot multiple estimated points of each cellphone's location. Although the phones may have been stationary at one location for a given period, the corresponding cell tower estimated locations would be scattered point clusters due to variations in the RTT distance estimates. But by plotting the patterns of those points along with the actual known locations of each phone (known locations based on things like CCTV, or testimony a person was home at the time) a correction or shift could be determined to better center those clusters of estimated locations around the actual known locations, thereby improving the distance estimates. Rowlette stated the correction was about a 1/2 mile toward the east. Once that was done, the scattered points for JW's phone were centered around her home when she was there using her phone, and around the crime scene further to the west on Herron Road later on.

There is another way to estimate a location, but it only works if two or more towers are receiving the cellphone signal. By plotting a line from each tower in the direction of the signal, where the two lines intersect is the approximate location and does not require using the distance estimate from either tower. This is called triangulation, because it typically involves trying to resolve a location from three different directions. Those three different lines would invariably intersect at three slightly different points. Those three points are the corners of a triangle that surrounds the "average" intersection of all three lines, hence the term triangulation. This is a much better way to determine a location, in fact it is how ships used to navigate before GPS.

So, given that there were so few towers in the area, what if another tower could have somehow been introduced that could improve the accuracy of those locations? Well, turns out it could have been, if a device called a Stinger was being used by LE at the time to monitor illegal drug activity in the area. It acts exactly like a cell tower, and can be used to intercept cellphone calls the same as a cell tower, collecting all the same data with something called a pin register. However it is something small enough to fit inside a van or car, so very useful for LE surveillance because it can be easily transported from one place to another if needed to avoid arousing suspicion of those being monitored.

What if such a device was being used in the Courtland area at the time of Jessica's murder? We do not know. LE agencies who use the equipment are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement with the manufacturer. If one was in use, the data it collected might have significantly enhanced the analysis of the cell tower data from the phone companies, especially around Courtland where Tellis' phone was only served by one tower while Jessica's was served by two.

JM(yawn)O...

Clouseau

Maybe JC had been so indoctrinated into the "never snitch" culture that she just threw a random name out there? Maybe even in death, she wouldn't want to be remembered as a snitch?
Maybe she didn't want to snitch QT's name because in her state of shock, JC didn't realize she was at death's door?

Snitches get stitches......

According to Cole's statement he wrote the day after the fire, he claimed JC said she was going to die. Cole was the first attendant with JC and probably spent the most time with her until the ambulance arrived at 8:29pm 20+ minutes. MOO

Yes. Not only would it be very difficult to communicate clearly. It would also be difficult to think clearly. Who knows what she was trying to say?

She was in shock, close to death's door. Although there are dying declarations, there are other instances where the last words of a trauma victim make little sense.

I understand the possibility that "Eric" was heard by the power of suggestion,but don't forget that several responders reported that she spoke in FULL Sentences that were garbled, but understood. Those people cannot unhear what they swore under oath that they heard. And they cannot be conveniently left out of a retrial. JMO

Do you mean the theory of a wreck causing the fire or just the theory Jessica could've been saying 'wreck'? IMO if she was forced into unconsciousness in one place and woke up on fire somewhere else, she likely could've thought a wreck had caused the fire. I don't think a wreck caused the fire but I do think Jessica might have.

I know there wasn't a wreck but she may have thought there was if she was even able to reason at that point. She wouldn't remember anyone setting her on fire.

Notes taken by this jury? You must be assuming they can read, write and possess comprehension.

My 9yo GD can spell, enunciate and properly use the word onomatopoeia in a sentence. Her 5yo sister can read a map. Education begins in the home. *QT is a Vice Lord gang member as MSM reported today which, considering the current time, really was yesterday. VL colors are red.

Remember the 4 times QT changed clothes on Dec 6? How many times, of those 4, included the color red? His arms and chest are covered in symbolic Tattoos. His Defense Team attempted to hide his tats with a white Tshirt under his new dress shirts, with nice new slacks with matching belt and shoes. MS taxpayers paid for the clothing that was hidden underneath.

His indignant duping delight grin will be seen around the world due to MSM.

* I posted Therese Apel's link two or three times already.

Vice Lords were chattered about in Courtland/Batesville SM from the very beginning in this case. I remember Champion saying he wasn't interested in SM and he kept claiming there was no "street talk". I think VL among other gangs has a vice grip on that community and citizens and LE are either afraid, compromised, or both. Drug enforcement is clearly lacking. IS it possible to get this into Federal court? Arson? Kidnapping?, etc. I don't know, but a Federal GJ and jurors selected from the Federal district could somehow make this less of a sad production. JMO

Just grasping at straws after this crazy trial situation but what if JC pulled out that random name to protect her family from the VL after her death.

Without going into or rehashing a lot of reasons why I think so, I am only going to say that it will be very difficult to get a conviction in this case with the current evidence. Would I convict based on it? Yes. Do I believe any random group of12 people from that area thrown together would? No.

Just grasping at straws after this crazy trial situation but what if JC pulled out that random name to protect her family from the VL after her death.

Grasping at more straws . . . is it possible that gang members got to jurors????

When one takes on a Professional position, one is expected to conduct oneself professionally. I did not see this. I saw "good 'ol boy" behavior, mostly. I respected the judge, and the Defense Attorneys, and the tech evidence guy. The medical people were ok, too, but they did not assess JC's condition until it had vastly deteriorated. The rest of so-called professionals were sorely lacking in professional decorum. JMO

Warning: if this doesn't put you to sleep, you have been drinking entirely too much coffee.
<snipped>

.....where Tellis' phone was only served by one tower while Jessica's was served by two.

JM(yawn)O...

Clouseau

Thankyou Dear Clouseau for that snooze err I mean enlightening dissertation. I am going to throughly study ummmm and get back with you yeah I will contact you on your data points. I am sure this will led us to further enlightenment on the subject and Ummm thanks

Pulling your leg there my dear Inspector.:wink:

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I also wanted to point out reporter Therese Apel shared the timeline from the phone forensics testimony as delivered to the jury by prosecutors. She published it in the Clarion Ledger. I tried to link to her timeline but my link says I must be a subscriber. I copied and pasted the entire timeline in my iPad sticky app.Here is the portion of the phone florensics timeline I wanted to discuss:
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Between 6:30 p and 7:26 p Tellis is in the back of his mother's home with Jessica. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]7:26 p.m.[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIText] &#8212; Headlights appear and leave the driveway next to Tellis&#8217; house, the area where he and Chambers were, according to the earlier timeline. Security video is too dark and grainy to see what kind of car, but authorities point out that the woman who lives there is at work and Tellis&#8217; sister is inside the store.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]7:29 p.m.[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIText] &#8212; According to video, Tellis&#8217; mother&#8217;s vehicle leaves the home; she goes to M&M where she will stay for around 20 minutes[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SFUIText]
[/FONT]
In my notes I have Quinton back at the M&M sometime between 8 and 9p.

What's with the M&M umm indeed? I will not not reiterate the degrees of separation from the M&M. But the light came on for me when AA posted the still smoldering Kia loaded on the tow truck on his FB page. Enough said by me. I'm devastated for Jessica and bitter.

I still feel the terrible effects from the hung jury verdict.I have so much affection for the Websleuths community for their steadfast support to find justice. God bless Jessica's family they are in my prayers.

Quinton Tellis has a evil heart and he is soulless All that has been written about him plus there is no doubt in my mind that he derived pleasure & prolonged the suffering of Mandy and Jessica.I pray he is executed for Mandy's tortured sadistic murder and for our precious Jessica I pray for justice.I remember on the CNN special several seasoned investigators saying they believe Mandy and Jessica may be the tip of the iceberg of QT depravity.

CNN has pulled their special that aired Sunday night and it cannot be viewed 'on demand'. Between the version on Sunday night and the reworked version I watched on the Tuesday rerun I noticed several 'key facts or discussion of missing pieces of the puzzle' were edited out. Very odd at least to me because they were key to the facts.Some poster asked and I looked into it and it is no longer available.
:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member