IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

Which picture are her pockets turned out?

You can see them turned out in picture labeled "DSC_160." Also in 155, 154. Here's a crop out of one of them. They both are turned out, though. there is also some change on the floor. And two lip glosses. One lip gloss was smashed on the threshold of the door, indicating it was out of her pocket before that door closed.

KJ pockets.JPG

You can see them turned out in picture labeled "DSC_160." Also in 155, 154. Here's a crop out of one of them. They both are turned out, though. there is also some change on the floor. And two lip glosses. One lip gloss was smashed on the threshold of the door, indicating it was out of her pocket before that door closed.

View attachment 125105

Thank you. I somehow didn’t see that

I feel so sad seeing these pictures.

The floor is filthy, which is likely all the dirt on her pants. It looks to me like she was trying to use everything she could to get out the door..... shoving the lip gloss under, probably kicking it, maybe even trying to stick her foot out to alert someone or get warmer air. It looks like eventually,she just had to give up and laid to the side. It's super sad. If she had her phone, she would have been able to call or have light. I can't imagine how scared she was.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...el-freezer-lawyers-photos-20171020-story.html

According to Rosemont police reports, she was found on her side, face down, with her left arm underneath her, her right shoe off and a small cut on her right foot.
The photographs show that Jenkins was still wearing the jeans and jean jacket shown in surveillance videos of her walking through the hotel before her death, but the shirt beneath her jacket “was pulled up exposing her breasts,” a police report said.

This is confusing, because she wasn't wearing a shirt underneath her jean jacket, was she? I thought it was just a bra.

I knew from day one that this was a freak accident. Like I said earlier in the thread, drunk people do stupid things and I know because I'm an alcoholic. I feel bad for everyone involved in this, KJ's family and especially all the people that got a finger pointed at them for her death.

Obviously another reporter typo, we all know that she was wearing a bra and no "shirt". This is why we can never believe EVERYTHING that's being reported and how things get twisted up.

I really don't understand all the thoughts I'm seeing from all over that this was something more than a tragic accident. She was heavily inebriated, apparent from the video. I use to think movies like the hangover were impossible, no one could be *that* drunk, until I was once. I woke up with a broken finger, no clothes, scratches all down my back...with zero recollections from had happened. My point being that yes, a sober person might just feel for a handle and open it and get out. But a drunk person doesn't have the luxury of clear thinking, and that self inflicted injuries when confused/panic/scared are really not that odd.

I also saw someone mention her pants were lower than what they should have been...I have never found a pair of jeans that stay up if I sit/bend over unless extremely high waisted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously another reporter typo, we all know that she was wearing a bra and no "shirt". This is why we can never believe EVERYTHING that's being reported and how things get twisted up.

Or it could be accurate reporting and whoever wrote the police report made an error because they saw her with no shirt and in her bra and thought the shirt was lifted.

I really don't understand all the thoughts I'm seeing from all over that this was something more than a tragic accident. She was heavily inebriated, apparent from the video. I use to think movies like the hangover were impossible, no one could be *that* drunk, until I was once. I woke up with a broken finger, no clothes, scratches all down my back...with zero recollections from had happened. My point being that yes, a sober person might just feel for a handle and open it and get out. But a drunk person doesn't have the luxury of clear thinking, and that self inflicted injuries when confused/panic/scared are really not that odd.

I also saw someone mention her pants were lower than what they should have been...I have never found a pair of jeans that stay up if I sit/bend over unless extremely high waisted.

People just love conspiracy theories. I agree, it looks like an accident. Looks like she was trying to get out but couldn't figure out how.

My thoughts on conspiracies:

What happened seems impossible, but it's also seemingly impossible that the hotel would withhold footage of someone going back there other than KJ. It's impossible to believe that the coroner would withhold injuries or a rape to benefit anyone.

If we were allowed to talk about the conspiracies here or in a KJ conspiracy thread, it would be good. I'm not sure I can talk about them in this thread, even if I am just anyalyzing them. If I can't, I'm assuming the moderator wil remove what I'm about to say.

A lot of reasons that conspiracies start are:

1. Laziness. People don't verify what they hear or read in another source. They take facebook, etc, for real news and won't go look any further.

2. Ignorance. They don't know procedures and they make accusations based on what they think, without know the procedures or understanding them. Then they are lazy because they won't go look how something "should" work.

3. Group think. People love to be a group that thinks they have the real story. They love praise from that group because they "Solved" it.

4. Common fear. Conspiracists unite due to common suspcions and fears. They feed off each other.

5. Create a common enemy. They also create a common enemy or person or entity not to trust and they feed off that.

6. Conspiracy makers. Then you have those who come along and alter evidence, facts, etc to make the conspiracy more real.I do not know why they do this. In this case, they altered video and then claimed to have discovered "artifacts" in the video only seen if you enhance the footage.

I hate to bring politics into this, but it's how Russia was able to infiltrate America through social media, and people to this day still believe the conspiracies the Russians put out. They would rather also trust their conspiracies than trust the government who is telling them exactly how Russia tricked them. It's sad.

In this case, what is most said is that the release of all this information made it worse. It gave them MORE to conspire about. And in some cases, even with the truth, they STILL say things like KJ was raped and beat up. We see plainly that she was not beat up. It doesn't matter. They still say she was. The autopsy says she was not raped. Whereas you can be raped without vaginal bruising and semen present, we see she is fully dressed, including her underwear. What rapist/murderert takes the time he could be escaping with to redress her? It's just common sense. It's possible, but not probable.

One example of a misconception in this case that keeps being brought up and makes my skin burn is about the guy who goes into the upper kitchen at 830pm. Because the video keeps skipping from KJ going toward the freezer directly to the next movement in the room --which happens to be 830pm on 9/10, people are saying that he followed KJ in there, looked at what was happening to her around the corner and just decided that he wasn't going to get involved. They say he just left her there with her attacker.

The truth?

He was near the end of his shift. According to his interview, he checks the temperatures on the freezers as part of his duties. I can't remember if he was supposed to specifically check the ones she was in, and he might not have been because they'd rented those to someone else. But the reason he went back there is because he noticed,while in that area, that those wooden construction doors were pushed open wider than normal and he was curious as to why. He thought someone might be in there, so he went into the upper kitchen. As he looked down the aisle toward freezer 894, he got an alert that someone had defecated in the pool.

He left to take care of clearing people out of the pool, and after that, his shift was over, so he didn't come back. I'm gonna guess he knew people were searching for KJ and that might be why he paid more attention to that door. I don't know. But there is his simple explanation for what he was doing.

Why don't people believe him? Well, first, they probably didn't bother to read his interview. They just want to be lazy and just look at video and pictures. Next, they already decided that the video is altered and the times are wrong and tampered with. When people think that, you can't convince them of the truth.

A lot of people in this case deserve to be apologized to by conspiracy theorists because they have messed up some people's lives. I understand being suspicious, but we are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and should not have our reputations harmed and get death threats based on wild, unproven theories.

ETA

Here is the file of his interiew under the narratives folder in the KJ evidence website: RPSP201700024677ADM106_Redacted.pdf

Notice when you read it how I just recounted this information but even my account is different than what his interview accually says. Imagine, then, that this is a summation of the actual interview, and the officer also could have interpreted the facts differently. Just an interesting observation I made after rereading the document after I made this post.

Thank you for your post, I too haven been trying to explain this all along. I have woke up in all kinds of disarray; a shoe off, coat and shirt still on but nothing else, tons of weird bruises and cuts in bizarre places. Only a drinker would somewhat understand what I'm talking about.

My thoughts on conspiracies:

What happened seems impossible, but it's also seemingly impossible that the hotel would withhold footage of someone going back there other than KJ. It's impossible to believe that the coroner would withhold injuries or a rape to benefit anyone.

If we were allowed to talk about the conspiracies here or in a KJ conspiracy thread, it would be good. I'm not sure I can talk about them in this thread, even if I am just anyalyzing them. If I can't, I'm assuming the moderator wil remove what I'm about to say.

A lot of reasons that conspiracies start are:

1. Laziness. People don't verify what they hear or read in another source. They take facebook, etc, for real news and won't go look any further.

2. Ignorance. They don't know procedures and they make accusations based on what they think, without know the procedures or understanding them. Then they are lazy because they won't go look how something "should" work.

3. Group think. People love to be a group that thinks they have the real story. They love praise from that group because they "Solved" it.

4. Common fear. Conspiracists unite due to common suspcions and fears. They feed off each other.

5. Create a common enemy. They also create a common enemy or person or entity not to trust and they feed off that.

6. Conspiracy makers. Then you have those who come along and alter evidence, facts, etc to make the conspiracy more real.I do not know why they do this. In this case, they altered video and then claimed to have discovered "artifacts" in the video only seen if you enhance the footage.

I hate to bring politics into this, but it's how Russia was able to infiltrate America through social media, and people to this day still believe the conspiracies the Russians put out. They would rather also trust their conspiracies than trust the government who is telling them exactly how Russia tricked them. It's sad.

In this case, what is most said is that the release of all this information made it worse. It gave them MORE to conspire about. And in some cases, even with the truth, they STILL say things like KJ was raped and beat up. We see plainly that she was not beat up. It doesn't matter. They still say she was. The autopsy says she was not raped. Whereas you can be raped without vaginal bruising and semen present, we see she is fully dressed, including her underwear. What rapist/murderert takes the time he could be escaping with to redress her? It's just common sense. It's possible, but not probable.

One example of a misconception in this case that keeps being brought up and makes my skin burn is about the guy who goes into the upper kitchen at 830pm. Because the video keeps skipping from KJ going toward the freezer directly to the next movement in the room --which happens to be 830pm on 9/10, people are saying that he followed KJ in there, looked at what was happening to her around the corner and just decided that he wasn't going to get involved. They say he just left her there with her attacker.

The truth?

He was near the end of his shift. According to his interview, he checks the temperatures on the freezers as part of his duties. I can't remember if he was supposed to specifically check the ones she was in, and he might not have been because they'd rented those to someone else. But the reason he went back there is because he noticed,while in that area, that those wooden construction doors were pushed open wider than normal and he was curious as to why. He thought someone might be in there, so he went into the upper kitchen. As he looked down the aisle toward freezer 894, he got an alert that someone had defecated in the pool.

He left to take care of clearing people out of the pool, and after that, his shift was over, so he didn't come back. I'm gonna guess he knew people were searching for KJ and that might be why he paid more attention to that door. I don't know. But there is his simple explanation for what he was doing.

Why don't people believe him? Well, first, they probably didn't bother to read his interview. They just want to be lazy and just look at video and pictures. Next, they already decided that the video is altered and the times are wrong and tampered with. When people think that, you can't convince them of the truth.

A lot of people in this case deserve to be apologized to by conspiracy theorists because they have messed up some people's lives. I understand being suspicious, but we are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and should not have our reputations harmed and get death threats based on wild, unproven theories.

ETA

Here is the file of his interiew under the narratives folder in the KJ evidence website: RPSP201700024677ADM106_Redacted.pdf

Notice when you read it how I just recounted this information but even my account is different than what his interview accually says. Imagine, then, that this is a summation of the actual interview, and the officer also could have interpreted the facts differently. Just an interesting observation I made after rereading the document after I made this post.

Bravo! I feel the exact same way, and tell people all of the time... Stop looking at videos for information! Read! You will learn more. I wish that I could copy and paste this all over the internet. It's very disheartening, because I feel that her death is being used for the entertainment of others. RIP Kenneka.

I would like to ask a question? Seems like so much blame is being put on people for this girls death, who in the world would think to look for someone in a massive hotel's freezer???

Thank you for your post, I too haven been trying to explain this all along. I have woke up in all kinds of disarray; a shoe off, coat and shirt still on but nothing else, tons of weird bruises and cuts in bizarre places. Only a drinker would somewhat understand what I'm talking about.

This case has really shaken me because I realize that several times in my life, this could have been me.

I came across this picture the other day and it’s mortifying for me to see (let alone share), but it also gave me a lot of perspective when the new pictures came out.
4e6d1382d02e5afcf18651e4c035d304.jpg

This is me after a night I blacked out...zero recollection after a certain point. I didn’t even drink *that* much, but I didn’t eat much beforehand and I didn’t space my drinks out.

From what I was told, I was walking around and talking right before this picture was taken...but then I decided to go lay down in the bathroom. Notice the position I’m laying in, how low my pants come down in the back, my shoes are missing, one of the shirts I had on is missing, and my hair is super matted. This was all my own doing. I am so incredibly fortunate I had friends with me that night that made sure I made it home and was safe.

Needless to say, I am especially careful about my drinking now, especially after this case slapped me in the face.

I have a similar pic of myself (from college) someplace after drinking, smoking Cannabis, and eating several Cannabis brownies. I passed out in the hallway of my friend's house - face down, one shoe off, a complete mess. Kenneka had mixed meds and alcohol; she was undoubtedly as high as a kite when she walked into the cooler.

I would like to ask a question? Seems like so much blame is being put on people for this girls death, who in the world would think to look for someone in a massive hotel's freezer???

Not me. I was thinking the same thing when her friends checked the women's bathroom for her, but not the men's. What if she'd passed out in the men's before going back to the kitchen? It's just not what we think.

I believe the guy who found her was either assigned or took it upon himself to search freezers and fridges. His interview or the police report containing him says something to that effect.

I feel sorry for Irene. She said people were showing up to threaten her at her house. She has a child. How dare people act like that.

I have a similar pic of myself (from college) someplace after drinking, smoking Cannabis, and eating several Cannabis brownies. I passed out in the hallway of my friend's house - face down, one shoe off, a complete mess. Kenneka had mixed meds and alcohol; she was undoubtedly as high as a kite when she walked into the cooler.

True. I told you guys way early in this thread or in the first thread about my experiences.

LOL at Lisanthemum. For some reason, I could hear your friend taking the pic and going, "Intervention evidence. Click."

I just read that one of them, Monifah or Maya, was throwing up before they decided to go. I couldn't figure out which because they redact the names.

Irene's sister (and a few others) noted that Kenneka was turning up a Hennessy bottle. One witness said it wasn't a lot left in it, but Irene's sister described it as getting so worried that she took the bottle from Kenneka.

Some people who claimed to know Kenneka echoed her mother's statement that she couldn't hold her liquor. I find it weird because they seem to do this all the time. So you'd think she'd build up a tolerance.

Some said she didn't smoke weed as a habit. Some say she did. Some say she didn't take pills as a social habit. Some said she did. Almost all partygoers mention ecstacy but act like no one took it at the actual party. I haven't come across anyone who's mentioned any other drugs yet.

Makes me wonder what ecstacy looks like compared to this topamax. I heard from a drug dealer who called into a live chat. He said when selling ecstacy, he ran out, and wherever they were, the people at that house had the topamax. He sold that to the people instead, and they wanted more later! That's not for the truth of the matter asserted, just relaying some hearsay.

Most people at the party who were paying attention agree that KJ left with "M&M" for short. Bre-Bre was not there. She left to help some people go pick up some other people who wound up not coming in the hotel at all (Shady?) and by the time she got back, KJ was gone, and she said M&M came in there to say they lost KJ. Their times sound kind of shady because KJ came off that elevator at 324am. Did she stop at other floors? I don't know.

I'm trying to go over the timelines based on what the partygoers say versus the actual time in the videos.

It sounds really shady, too, when M&M say they leave to look for KJ, but the first time we see them downstairs, it's about 355am. That's 30 minutes. What were they doing off camera for those 30 minutes IF it happened like they said?

I have to go by the video that KJ walked in that freezer on her own, but I'm just trying to figure out how she got away from her friends.

Wasn’t me, you caught my eye with this statement:
Makes me wonder what ecstacy looks like compared to this topomax. I heard from a drug dealer who called into a live chat. He said when selling ecstacy, he ran out, and wherever they were, the people at that house had the topomax. He sold that to the people instead, and they wanted more later! That's not for the truth of the matter asserted, just relaying some hearsay.

I think that was a good observation and a possible explanation for how she got the topomax. She may not have even known what she was taking... and the conbinstion had a deadly consequence.

I did a google search, and both pills can be similar in color and size. There are even more colors available than these pics.

Topomax:
attachment.php

ECSTASY:
attachment.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members