Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the series of events as enigmatic. I think he did something to her until she died, then he drove her out and hid her body in the culvert, then laundered any evidence that would prove what he did to her.

ETA: Or, he's covering up the truth and taking the blame for something he didn't do.

Either way, poor baby girl:(

She was 3 years old, adopted 2 years ago. What does being an adopted child from Kerala have to do with her stamina?

Technically, she was adopted July of last year, so she's been here for a few months over a year. Just clarifying.
And I took the comment to refer to her survival instincts. That she has been through a lot, and being in an orphanage is a test of endurance and survival in many ways. Just my thoughts.

Another Brit here who has been following all three of these threads from the UK. I've really appreciated the updates that have been posted from the video feeds unavailable to view in the UK.

This case has really struck a chord with me for several reasons- my little boy is the same age as Sherin and when I travelled to the US earlier this year I stayed just a short distance from Richmond. Sherin's name has also made me think of the case of Shannon Matthews in the UK, although the similarities stop with the name.

I've always held the opinion that the father's story was odd for reasons that would become clear when Sherin was found and it is indeed starting to make a weird kind of sense. What I don't understand is why he didn't tell LE that he went out in the car when it would have been a really logical thing to do, according to his story. "Sherin wasn't sleeping or drinking her milk, I stayed up with her for a while and did some laundry to pass the time, then punished her, then realised she was gone and drove around looking for her" makes more sense that his version (although still in no way defendable or rational).

I wonder whether there will be new information that will make this oddity fall into place.

RBBM

I'm thinking the COD might answer that question, if COD is homicide, and said homicide is linked with his actions.

Just MVHO.

For some reason my trusty as the crow flies map that I always use did not calculate for me. So I used this one. But I don't have an address for S. Bowser. Here's what I got at this one.

https://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-is-it-between.htm
74a1dcebdd6f8c92c0faf1152b57e918.jpg
54ae91585dc38fbda481bd3778671a3c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

For some reason my trusty as the crow flies map that I always use did not calculate for me. So I used this one. But I don't have an address for S. Bowser. Here's what I got at this one.

https://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-is-it-between.htm
74a1dcebdd6f8c92c0faf1152b57e918.jpg
54ae91585dc38fbda481bd3778671a3c.jpg

So .4 miles by this calculation. He's smart. It's conceivable she could have walked that far, tumbled into the ditch, and curled up in the culvert.

Technically, she was adopted July of last year, so she's been here for a few months over a year. Just clarifying.
And I took the comment to refer to her survival instincts. That she has been through a lot, and being in an orphanage is a test of endurance and survival in many ways. Just my thoughts.
Not to mention, she was abandoned in a bush... as a "newborn"....

Not that this has any relevance, does anyone know exactly her "true" age?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes, Sherin was abandoned and betrayed. Twice.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for all parents and family who can work with, love and give proper care to "difficult" children.

She was 3 years old, adopted 2 years ago. What does being an adopted child from Kerala have to do with her stamina?

From personal observation in the sub-continent of India, is where my opinion has come from. My comment is related to the vast cultural difference - again from my experience of the lives of very small children. INNER stamina is what I wrote in my comment , not physical ability alone.

Someone had mentioned this way back, that his statement of by the tree could be literal. I commented that I thought it was brilliant at the time.

I also always felt a tree was involved. Bits of truth are usually found in every lie

OMG I am devastated. I don't think any case has touched me more than this one. I keep looking at the videos of that angelic child in her pretty little dresses and my heart aches. Fly high sweet angel.

More shall be revealed in this case, that's for sure. At least a broken hyoid bone or blunt force trauma or petechial hemorrhage.

From personal observation in the sub-continent of India, is where my opinion has come from. My comment is related to the vast cultural difference - again from my experience of the lives of very small children.

I sincerely doubt she was used to running around large distances due to her young age while adopted and her being in an orphanage prior to that.

How can they not have ID of who it is but have already notified the parents?

This is heartbreaking. I'm in tears. Bless her little hart.

If she is wearing black pants and a pink shirt and has short dark hair , and is tiny and precious, they already know. :rose:

Another Brit here who has been following all three of these threads from the UK. I've really appreciated the updates that have been posted from the video feeds unavailable to view in the UK.

This case has really struck a chord with me for several reasons- my little boy is the same age as Sherin and when I travelled to the US earlier this year I stayed just a short distance from Richmond. Sherin's name has also made me think of the case of Shannon Matthews in the UK, although the similarities stop with the name.

I've always held the opinion that the father's story was odd for reasons that would become clear when Sherin was found and it is indeed starting to make a weird kind of sense. What I don't understand is why he didn't tell LE that he went out in the car when it would have been a really logical thing to do, according to his story. "Sherin wasn't sleeping or drinking her milk, I stayed up with her for a while and did some laundry to pass the time, then punished her, then realised she was gone and drove around looking for her" makes more sense that his version (although still in no way defendable or rational).

I wonder whether there will be new information that will make this oddity fall into place.
In that scenario he would have also had to say that he woke the mom so she could stay home in case sherin returned. IMO he did not want to add mom to the story.

In that scenario he would have also had to say that he woke the mom so she could stay home in case sherin returned. IMO he did not want to add mom to the story.

Good point, I hadn't considered that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member