Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel gutted...
Does anyone know how long it generally takes for an ID when the FBI is involved? I would assume not very long... ugh i feel sick. Hate to say that I am praying this is Sherin but I am, because if it's not she is still out there and some other LO wouldn't have been reported missing :(

I would imagine today we should know.

Seems to be pretty obvious it is Sherin, even if oficial ID hasn't been made.

Very good news report from tonight With video footage of agents searching the field by the culvert this afternoon. You can see them lifting up pads of mowed grass to look underneath. The culvert scene was cleared by night, and there is footage of a vigil at the culvert.
http://www.kens5.com/news/police-body-found-during-search-for-3-year-old-sherin-mathews/485194102
I can't get the video to play. What do you mean when you say "lifting up pads of mowed grass?" Do you mean going through grass clippings? "Pads" has me thrown off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I can't get the video to play. What do you mean when you say "lifting up pads of mowed grass?" Do you mean going through grass clippings? "Pads" has me thrown off.

Clumps of mowed grass that's stuck together from being wet---that's what it looked like to me.

Yes that would be extremely weird. Unless of course coyotes did move her. What are the odds of that though...
Well, if coyotes did move her there will be distinctive marks on her from their teeth, as well as their DNA, I would think.

I'd go with accomplices. Perhaps he told them where he left her, maybe in the area of the college where potential evidence has been found, and they moved her to a place that would be closer to home and would make it seem more believable that she wandered off.

If coyotes were involved, I would think they would have reported that the 'scattered remains' of a child were found instead of a ' body'.
Somebody was ripping and burning the flyers. This is exactly why something as "little" as who was doing that might be important.

In my experience, all dogs will investigate smells that should not be there, whether it's a chihuahua or a hound. So this is extremely odd to me.

I think it depends on the dogs and how they normally behaved on walks. If they normally pull on the lead and act like bumbling idiots, maybe the owner is used to having to pull them along and wouldn't notice them trying to get towards the culvert as being any different than them trying to smell where another dog marked his scent or smelled a rabbit or something.

I've had both types of dogs, where one dog I would definitely notice if she started pulling away from me because she was very well behaved on walks and stayed right next to me and I've also had a dog that was completely crazy on a lead until she had gotten a bit of exercise and calmed down some, and I wouldn't think twice if she started pulling away from me, because she did that all the time.

You can't believe comments on facebook. First of all, how would this people know? Second of all, anybody can put anything on facebook.

And i don't think we're allowed to discuss FB stuff here anyway. But regardless of what was said there i think it would just make sense to search in the areas close or nearby to where Sherin was residing. Just in case what her father said was true, and there was any slight chance that Sherin did wander away maybe looking for her way back home, which is very doubtful, but best to cover all bases IMO because you just never know.

Somebody was ripping and burning the flyers. This is exactly why something as "little" as who was doing that might be important.

I agree & think it is a very awful thing to do considering the circumstances.

I think it depends on the dogs and how they normally behaved on walks. If they normally pull on the lead and act like bumbling idiots, maybe the owner is used to having to pull them along and wouldn't notice them trying to get towards the culvert as being any different than them trying to smell where another dog marked his scent or smelled a rabbit or something.

I've had both types of dogs, where one dog I would definitely notice if she started pulling away from me because she was very well behaved on walks and stayed right next to me and I've also had a dog that was completely crazy on a lead until she had gotten a bit of exercise and calmed down some, and I wouldn't think twice if she started pulling away from me, because she did that all the time.
While that may be true, I would think that while a child is missing in the area, neighbors would actually investigate what their dogs are wanting to check out even if they normally do not allow this while they walk their dogs. This neighbor seems blown away by the fact that his dogs and him were completely unaware she was there. If any of his dogs had pulled on leash, wanting to investigate, and he hadn't allowed it, I would think he would not be so shocked that she was there. It sounded to me like he was surprised his dogs had NOT picked up on any scent in the area.

Kids have been stealing and tearing up expensive Halloween decorations in my neighborhood(really close to where this happened). I've also seen kids ripping down lost/found pet flyers when they are walking home from school. This case is all over local media so I don't think its someone connected to the case thinking they were making a difference by ripping them down. Just stupid kids who think they look "cool" by damaging other peoples property.

Edit to add: I actually had to call in and file a complaint with a local middle school because the kids were playing a "game" of shoving each other out into the street in front of cars, outside the school zone(40mph limit). They thought it was hilarious when I had to slam on my brakes to keep from killing one of their friends.

So, this little girl has taken the hearts of many, including myself. Not much is clear here, other than that, at this time. But the support and outreach for little Sherin, who it seems, had no one in this world that loved her, has been amazing on these threads, out in the public and in the Finding Sherin group. I love to see everyone come together like this, it's in the worst of circumstances but it shows Sherin wasn't alone in this world.

There have been soo many times since October 7 where I had to take a time out and just compose myself or just go off and cry and there was always so much to catch up on when I got back. I love that this thread, the page, the location where all of the stuffed animals and messages and balloons were left at the tree for Sherin never went quiet. Not day. Not night.
There are so many of us on this thread and I just want to say thank you to all of you, everyone who cared for Sherin, shared their local information, posted maps, photos, videos, searched on their own free time and shared their thoughts and theories. She might not have ever felt loved by any of her parents but the “Daughter of Texas” sure was loved, even if it came too late for Sherin.

This is far from over and I cannot wait until we get to the day where justice is served for this little girl, and she finally finds peace. This behavior against these little innocents is far from acceptable.
So we’ll band together and wait here patiently (or impatiently, like I will) for that day to come.

I guess I really want someone to tell me why this happened. Why her whole life was this way. I know no one has the answers. There can’t be an answer for that evil.

Thanks, Sleuths. This is what it’s all about. :grouphug:

attachment.php

Nice post Ana & i agree, and many hearts are broken that didn't even know this precious little girl but have all got together in the spirit of love to find her and bring her home. And what a beautiful picture of Sherin, what a little doll. She is safe now and there are no more tears in Heaven and nothing will ever hurt her again. She is resting in the garden of Angels with all the other little ones gone far too soon.

Kids have been stealing and tearing up expensive Halloween decorations in my neighborhood(really close to where this happened). I've also seen kids ripping down lost/found pet flyers when they are walking home from school. This case is all over local media so I don't think its someone connected to the case thinking they were making a difference by ripping them down. Just stupid kids who think they look "cool" by damaging other peoples property.

Edit to add: I actually had to call in and file a complaint with a local middle school because the kids were playing a "game" of shoving each other out into the street in front of cars, outside the school zone(40mph limit). They thought it was hilarious when I had to slam on my brakes to keep from killing one of their friends.
In other missing cases, ripping down or destroying signs have often been done by people connected to the perp, though. That's why it's important to find out who has done it. These were not holiday decorations.

In other missing cases, ripping down or destroying signs have often been done by people connected to the perp, though. That's why it's important to find out who has done it. These were not holiday decorations.

I agree with both of these posts. It could be of importance, or of no importance. In the case of Billy Smolinski (and others that other sleuths had mentioned) his flyers were being ripped down by his ex girlfriend and friends/family of hers. I think it's believed that she and her son may have something to do with his disappearance - or at least know something.

Otherwise, kids do these things and don't have a second thought about it. Could be something. Could be nothing.

Thank you for this! I can't get passed the fact that this man admitted to police that he put his 3 yr-old child outside of the yard at 3 a.m Even if her death is found accidental, which I don't believe it was, his actions, that he admitted to, should carry some severe consequences. moo
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.19.htm

Under Texas law manslaughter or criminally negligent homicde could apply even if the milk and tree story were true.

second degree felony being 2 - 20 year penalty

the underlying offense for manslaughter would be the abandonment/endangering charge so both charges could be charged at the same time.

JMHO

And i don't think we're allowed to discuss FB stuff here anyway. But regardless of what was said there i think it would just make sense to search in the areas close or nearby to where Sherin was residing. Just in case what her father said was true, and there was any slight chance that Sherin did wander away maybe looking for her way back home, which is very doubtful, but best to cover all bases IMO because you just never know.

Facebook is a web of speculation and rumor which is why I remembered to come here to Websleuths when so many rumors were flying on there about Kennika Jenkins. Websleuths based on fact and the info here is substantiated with links to MSM.

I really just think she was stuck in the middle of that pipe and the rain pushed her out making her more visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, I'd gotten the impression she was inside the pipe, still, when the search teams with dogs found her:
Richardson Police said one of their searches on Sunday led them to an open field, less than half a mile from the Mathews home. Search dogs helped find the body inside a culvert that runs under East Spring Valley Road near South Bowser Road.

The field is located in a neighborhood and surrounded by homes.

Mathews' father told police he put the girl outside as punishment because she did not drink her milk.

William Prussack, who lives in a townhome that overlooks the field, said he walks it every day with his dogs and never noticed any sign of the missing toddler.

"It's 150 yards from my driveway. We're absolutely devastated right now," Prussack said.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/R...ference-in-Sherin-Mathews-Case-452304543.html

Other sources I've read have also stated that LE had to 'pull her out'...I'm just not convinced the rain washed her out. JMO, IMHO.

ETA: also, due to the fact that LE had been searching that field "since early morning"...just thinking the body was still hidden. But I could be wrong.

I agree with both of these posts. It could be of importance, or of no importance. In the case of Billy Smolinski (and others that other sleuths had mentioned) his flyers were being ripped down by his ex girlfriend and friends/family of hers. I think it's believed that she and her son may have something to do with his disappearance - or at least know something.

Otherwise, kids do these things and don't have a second thought about it. Could be something. Could be nothing.
Which is why it needs to be investigated. There are many possibilities, and we need to know which of the possibilities is true.

Hmm, I'd gotten the impression she was inside the pipe, still, when the search teams with dogs found her:

Other sources I've read have also stated that LE had to 'pull her out'...I'm just not convinced the rain washed her out. JMO, IMHO.

I think it's still possible that the rain pushed her further out even if not completely. It's residential so I would have thought she would have been noticed before this if she remained in the same part of the culvert the whole time.

ETA: I just remembered the grass had been cut in the last few days. So that maybe explains why she was visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member