Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a child with serious eating problems to a children's hospital for therapy seems like a rational way to deal with the issues. As opposed to forcing her to drink milk/nutritional drinks at 3 flippin' am in the morning!

I don't know if we'll ever hear what Sherin's pediatrician suggested but I'd be surprised if he/she would approve of WM's actions. If his story is even true. Just sayin'. MOO.

And I too would like to know what LE found in the garage - like evidence of spilled drinks or other fluids. The video I linked upthread didn't seem to show a stool, chair, fridge or any other item that would indicate Sherin regularly took her meals or drinks there. JMO.

I'm sure seeing as Sherin was a child adopted from OS there would of had to have been monitored progress reports on her wellbeing as per the regulations for that adoption.

Thanks for posting this . The parts I have made bold highlights the overbearing, presumptuous, grandstanding of everyone involved in this petition charade.

This is what the actual petition states, so I feel that the above is very misleading as to what the actual intention is. IMO it seems like this new statement is almost a type of damage control or manipulation as it says if the family doesn't come forwards etc, but that's not what the petition itself says.

"[FONT=&quot]Sherin Mathews was born to Hindu parents in India and thereafter adopted by a Texas couple of Christian faith. Sherin went missing for days and after an exhaustive search, Sherin Mathews’ body was discovered in Richardson, Texas on October 22, 2017. To honor Sherin and to provide her with the respect and dignity she deserves, our community is requesting that we be allowed to hold Sherin Mathews’ memorial service in Texas in accordance with an interfaith memorial and burial.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In order to accomplish this, our community petitions and requests that the Indian consulate, Texas Child Protection Services, the Richardson Police Department and any other relevant governmental agencies work together to provide Sherin her last rites and allow us to celebrate Sherin’s life and provide her this last honor in her adoptive country.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Due to the circumstances surrounding Sherin’s death and allegations against her adoptive father, we propose that: (1) The body of Sherin Mathews not be released to Sherin’s adoptive parents (Mr. & Mrs. Wesley Mathew) and (2) As the voices of the community working along with relatives and/or next of kin for a public memorial service and (3) The honorable Reverend Dr. Thomas Abalavelil, a community leader and advocate, be allowed to conduct the Interfaith memorial service and burial along side other interfaith and community leaders."

[/FONT]
Also, the people they are petitioning is also something that concerns me. It seems like a very very strong and dare I say, aggressive attempt to get "custody" of Sherin's remains, IMO

attachment.php

I guess I can understand why a family would have a custody battle of sorts over remains, say the Mathews family over Sini's family esp if Sini didn't want WM's family to attend because of what happened (no clue what her plans are so thats just a hypothetical) but, its completely another thing to think you can waste the time and money of these major groups and petition the custody of the remains of a baby girl to people who never even met her!! I have no clue why this bothers me so much. I really do feel that the person who has created this cares about Sherin and wants the best for her, but I feel this is very extreme. I could see writing a letter with 5000 signatures on it to Sini saying "the public would really love to help you with your arrangements, and we would love it if you opened the doors to all of us who love and want justice for Sherin, we won't be there to hate etc" but that's not at all what is being said :( GRRR

Attachments

• decision.PNG
    decision.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 402
As far as i am aware from my own experience the next of kin has the say in what funeral arrangements etc. for a deceased loved one, and other family members can participate in the service if they wish. Other people outside of the direct family are invited to attend.

IMO. It is possible that Sini was originally covering for her husband. She very well could have known Sherin had died and her body brought away. It was done and nothing could save her. We don't know what time she got up, we don't know what he told her, she could have been sleeping through the whole thing. It doesn't really matter how many people say they would not have slept through that, this isn't about them nor is it them.
We don't know what time he got up or what time he could have brought her to the garage, no time is noted in the warrant of arrest.
We do know that between the hours of 4 am and 5 am the car was missing from the home and LE pretty much knew the location of where that car was. What was he doing in that location on that morning and at that time? I think he was disposing of her body. I think Sherin was in that culvert from the morning of the 7th and remained there until it was found on the morning of the 22nd.
This is the tiny 22 pound body of a child, decomp would be very fast as opposed to a 100 lb adult.
If there was blunt force trauma to the head or broken bones in her neck, I think we might have a COD already. I don't think bruising to her body would have shown. Contents of her lungs and stomach are going to be very difficult.
Even if she was wrapped or bagged I really think this going to be a difficult autopsy.
We have no idea what he said to LE on the formal statement he gave on the 23rd. The affidavit of probable cause just had enough on it to be able to arrest him.
Sini very well could be guilty of nothing but lying to LE. She very well might not be involved in Sherins death or concealing her body.
If this is the case I would think her attorney would be willing to ask for some kind of immunity if she would come in for questioning.

Totally agree to all of this.
Decomp, esp the attraction of blow flies, is extremely fast. I posted in another thread that this summer I had a baby bird in a nest that was a jumper who didn't have feathers to fly yet. I had checked on him and an hour later went out and he had jumped and got hung up in that hour and he was COVERED in fly's and it was one hour from the time he was last running through the yard with his mom freaking out and me putting him back in his nest. I quickly buried him to stop the flies but it's THAT FAST.

So with someone the size of your average 1 year old, if she died around 3am, and LE wasn't called until 8:12 how many different flies and other things had already come to aid in the decomp process? I know thats horrible to think, but she was wearing black, they looked through the culvert but people were looking for a 3 year old, people don't think of a 3 year old as "small" like an infant even when you are told height/weight. I mean, look at the pic of her with her sister, a year apart and a full head and a bit shorter! How easy would it have been to think this tiny little bundle wasn't just a piece of fabric, or a bag and completely overlooked as being Sherin because the size didn't fit what people expected. It's horrible to think about but necessary when it comes to accepting that she likely wasn't moved.

Of course, the ME should be able to give a decent idea of if she was moved or not, but for me its easier to accept that people saw her and didn't even realize it than to think that someone was able to pick up a body that was in full decomp, move it through a busy area with neighbours and LE all on high alert and crawl into a tiny tunnel with her and place her inside... Whoever did that would have likely vomited, would have clearly been very suspicious, and would have the "smell of death" on their clothing and body.... is it possible? yes... but it's also highly unlikely....

ALL just my opinion

I'm sure seeing as Sherin was a child adopted from OS there would of had to have been monitored progress reports on her wellbeing as per the regulations for that adoption.

And yes, we have seen some of the the reports that the adoption agency required. My question though has to do with Sherin's American doctor. I'm curious as to what he/she recommended once Sherin began living here in the U.S.. Approximately a year has passed since Sherin was adopted. If she had developed eating issues or if eating issues had continued I'm assuming the Mathews had discussed them with her American pediatician.

My question is would that pediatrician have recommended forced feedings of nutritional supplements in the middle of the night? IMO it would have made more sense to take Sherin to a children's center for treatment rather than force feed her drinks when she resisted.

Sherin Mathews had multiple special needs that her parents sought treatment for before her death, Richardson police confirmed to The Dallas Morning News on Friday.
But Perlich said Friday that Sini Mathews' interaction with officers has been limited. Officers spoke with her when Sherin went missing and she allowed them in her home the following day. After a body was found, she talked to police about clothing and provided dental records that were used to identify Sherin.
"The level of cooperation was not commensurate with what you would expect from a mother," Perlich said. "There is a big gap between Day One and where we were at Day 14 or 15."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ecial-needs-3-am-feedings-part-doctors-orders

As far as i am aware from my own experience the next of kin has the say in what funeral arrangements etc. for a deceased loved one, and other family members can participate in the service if they wish. Other people outside of the direct family are invited to attend.

Yeah, I agree, I honestly would assume that the remains would be released to the funeral home of Sini and WM's choosing. I don't think even he will have lost the "right" to make decisions on her burial or cremation as he was the legal guardian and at this point is "innocent until proven guilty" despite his charges and current residence. Though, I can see Sini saying no to him and just doing it on her own or with the help of family. It absolutely sickens me that there is a group of people trying to rob her of this despite the fact that she hasn't been charged or even implicated to our knowledge. :( I can't imagine being in her position and seeing that people are going to try and fight to have my baby's remains taken from me too... ugh...

Sorry if anyone here supports this. I honestly just don't get it. I am in absolute full support of the community having a memorial service for her, or even petitioning and asking for permission to have a service for her AFTER her family does something for her at her burial site. I guess to ME it feels like Sherin was loved, she has grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, a church of her own and so on, and this petition seems to be attempting to be in charge of everything and "allowing" these other people to attend... when IMO the family should be the one allowing the community to participate (or not).

Thanks for posting this . The parts I have made bold highlights the overbearing, presumptuous, grandstanding of everyone involved in this petition charade.

The loving "community" at large wants to be invited to the funeral. The child's murder is spectacle enough. Have some dignity. Let these people grieve in peace.

This is too funny! One of mine was the same way. Our homemade sauce was flatly refused, but the school's, daycare's, the neighbor's (who's spaghetti was ketchup on pasta), was perfectly edible. We did kinda like you did, and set aside a little sauce before we put in all of the extras (basically, anything that wasn't lumpy, went into a separate little sauce pan) and warmed it up. Problem solved.

The same child would not eat store bought baby food. I had to create homemade baby food, in a blender, every day, for almost a year. This was wayyy before the homemade baby food craze. I just played it by ear, and made mashed potatoes and gravy every day, added a portion of meat, and an extra vegetable into the mix (whatever we were having for that meal), and tossed it all into a hand-me-down blender. It looked absolutely horrible, but my child loved it. Same child eats almost anything now. Go figure.

I remember not loving tomatoey spaghetti sauce. The acid I think. What my mom fixed as an alternative was a sauce we always called marinara--which it was not. It was basically melted butter with garlic and oregano. Good stuff.

I remember not loving tomatoey spaghetti sauce. The acid I think. What my mom fixed as an alternative was a sauce we always called marinara--which it was not. It was basically melted butter with garlic and oregano. Good stuff.
My mom made "spaghetti" with ketchup and plastic wrapped slices of cheese.
The acid in the ketchup made the cheese clump.
I love you mama!
She died 17 years ago.
I think I could actuality eat the stuff if she cake back to make it one more time.

(maybe not?)

Culture, tradition, family rituals = that moment you realize as different as we all are, we are also the same.

Prayers that this baby has a resolution and anyone involved in her demise is held accountable for their actions!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If the concerned Citizens of Richardson, who have adopted Sherin as their "daughter of Texas", believe that both parents played some role in her demise...then it is understandable that they wish to be the ones to bury the child.
To them, it would be a charade and an obscenity to turn her over to those culpable.

Opinion and speculation only

And yes, we have seen some of the the reports that the adoption agency required. My question though has to do with Sherin's American doctor. I'm curious as to what he/she recommended once Sherin began living here in the U.S.. Approximately a year has passed since Sherin was adopted. If she had developed eating issues or if eating issues had continued I'm assuming the Mathews had discussed them with her American pediatician.

My question is would that pediatrician have recommended forced feedings of nutritional supplements in the middle of the night? IMO it would have made more sense to take Sherin to a children's center for treatment rather than force feed her drinks when she resisted.

I cannot imagine that any professional would recommend force feeding. But they might have stressed the importance of frequent feedings. If the professional was medical, rather than behavioral, they might have addressed the nutritional aspects but missed out on factors that interfered with eating.

The loving "community" at large wants to be invited to the funeral. The child's murder is spectacle enough. Have some dignity. Let these people grieve in peace.

My thoughts too!

If the concerned Citizens of Richardson, who have adopted Sherin as their "daughter of Texas", believe that both parents played some role in her demise...then it is understandable that they wish to be the ones to bury the child.
To them, it would be a charade and an obscenity to turn her over to those culpable.

Opinion and speculation only

That is one of the things i find most objectionable. Their demand amounts to a statement that they believe in the guilt of not only father, but also mother. It also discounts the reality that we have systems and processes by which to address such issues as children whose parents cannot or will not care for them. And they do not include handing a child (or child's body) over to a group claiming, by virtue of an inrernet petition to represent "the community."

Totally agree to all of this.
Decomp, esp the attraction of blow flies, is extremely fast. I posted in another thread that this summer I had a baby bird in a nest that was a jumper who didn't have feathers to fly yet. I had checked on him and an hour later went out and he had jumped and got hung up in that hour and he was COVERED in fly's and it was one hour from the time he was last running through the yard with his mom freaking out and me putting him back in his nest. I quickly buried him to stop the flies but it's THAT FAST.

So with someone the size of your average 1 year old, if she died around 3am, and LE wasn't called until 8:12 how many different flies and other things had already come to aid in the decomp process? I know thats horrible to think, but she was wearing black, they looked through the culvert but people were looking for a 3 year old, people don't think of a 3 year old as "small" like an infant even when you are told height/weight. I mean, look at the pic of her with her sister, a year apart and a full head and a bit shorter! How easy would it have been to think this tiny little bundle wasn't just a piece of fabric, or a bag and completely overlooked as being Sherin because the size didn't fit what people expected. It's horrible to think about but necessary when it comes to accepting that she likely wasn't moved.

Of course, the ME should be able to give a decent idea of if she was moved or not, but for me its easier to accept that people saw her and didn't even realize it than to think that someone was able to pick up a body that was in full decomp, move it through a busy area with neighbours and LE all on high alert and crawl into a tiny tunnel with her and place her inside... Whoever did that would have likely vomited, would have clearly been very suspicious, and would have the "smell of death" on their clothing and body.... is it possible? yes... but it's also highly unlikely....

ALL just my opinion

I think the fact Sherin was out there in the elements for 2 weeks would make C.O.D. difficult to determine because soft tissue deteriorates very rapidly especially in such a young child. And depending on the climate at the time she was out there, if warm temps. in a matter of hours and in colder temps. in a matter of a couple of days.
Unless there were signs of blunt force trauma, (ie.) fractured skull or any other broken bones that caused death, i think maybe evidence of choking might not be there anymore by the time of recovery.
I remember in Caliyah McNabb's case C.O.D. was determined very quickly because of the blunt force trauma to the baby's head.

Does anyone else think that every time Perlich says something about Sini's lack of cooperation that he is pushing her further away in making it sound like he is hoping to interview her so he can arrest her too?

It could be and at this point in time i am giving her a pass as per TOS, because she is a grieving mother, and for all intents and purposes little Sherin looked well looked after. If that changes we will see.

I think stomach contents usually seem to be well-protected? So hopefully that will help to verify the last meal/drink aspect of WM's story. Broken bones would show up and any major trauma should be noticeable as either pre-, peri-, or post-mortem?

That is one of the things i find most objectionable. Their demand amounts to a statement that they believe in the guilt of not only father, but also mother. It also discounts the reality that we have systems and processes by which to address such issues as children whose parents cannot or will not care for them. It they do not include handing a child (or child's body) over to a group claiming, by virtue of an inrernet petition to represent "the community."

I can certainly see your point Margo/Mom. However, I am seeing this a bit differently. I see a group of Citizens who are standing up and saying that the abuse of a child in their town will not be tolerated, and that they will embrace children as a community, a village of people.

As tragic and sad as this situation is, Sherin has brought a community together to take a fervent stand against the abuse of children.

However, this is a moot point as her remains will go to next of kin...those that aren't incarcerated, of course.

I agree and i'm sure if LE need that information to sustantiate WM's story about that then they will get access to it from the family doctor or paediatrician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01