TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carla s Brother Steve is a my friends next door neighbor and is not in great health I hope it does bring him some answers he is blind sand sure could have used his sisters help and it's very heartbreaking

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

My well wishes to Steve, Sloane7777. Sometimes people forget how tragedies affect families decades into the future. The victims are not only the murdered, but also those whose lives they touch. The victim may remain a teenager in our eyes, but time relentlessly marches on for the rest of us. Thank you for sharing and for the update on Carla’s brother.

To the 'Thinkers' in the community: Here is something to think about in a case that is in "circumstantial evidence purgatory." There is an understandable frustration when the district attorney's office won't arrest or indict. You have a mountain of circumstantial evidence. So a few words of advice on how to get to the tipping point. You can bring a "Walk's Like A Duck, Quacks Like A Duck" case to a jury by seeing it from the DA's point of view ; an investigation can get a 2nd, even 3rd bite at the apple. "Not Guilty" is forever. Every attorney on both sides is terrified of those 12 people. "Beyond a reasonable doubt," is a good test for any number of steps along the way. There two types of evidence - objective, and subjective. Say, someone is stabbed in a crowded concert. There are 45 eye-witnesses. Sounds like a good thing until you interview them all and cannot find even TWO that agree on what happened, in what sequence, even what the offender was wearing, along with other descriptors. So, it is both good and bad - subjective. Clients would die if they knew this, but lawyers advise them to take a polygraph (can't be used as evidence) like it's a "rehearsal" or of some other value in their defense. That's crap. Lawyers believe in polygraph results. And most defense lawyers expect their clients to lie to them. It's a tool, and a valuable one. So, why isn't it admissable? It is subjective; results are interpreted. Based on the examiner, the quality of questions, the subject's fitness for the exam; opposing counsel side can produce a professional that will disagree with the results. If dozens of witnesses can be impeached, and a confession isn't obtained, a case is "built" on physical evidence. So how does ANY circumstantial case make it to court? By passing the "beyond a reasonable doubt test." I know who did it, you know, any fool can see...an easy hill to climb. Handwriting analysis? My expert can beat up your expert. Timelines and alibis are like nailing jello to a wall. That is why I get excited about ruling things OUT. If I dumped a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle on the floor...okay. Work it. What if I said, "Not so fast; the solution to the puzzle only takes 9 pieces - and two of them weren't in the box." That's a circumstantial case. When you strip away what didn't happen you move ball down the field. The best circumstantial evidence can be quantified. That's why I want the envelope to undergo a gas chromatography test. If there is DNA, it's co-mingled as a result of how such evidence was collected. Worthless. Handwriting analyis - no one agrees. But who addresses a Christmas card in pencil, and uses a person's first name as the only return address (weird on it's face since it is mailed to where she lives); who does THAT? Maybe some people. Who addresses an envelope with a pencil, and adds a return address with a different pencil. That isn't reasonable. That is strong, objective, circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial cases are won by the inexplicable nature of and a preponderance of those things. So, you don't need a mountain of those. Nine would be great - but in the absence physical evidence, 7 will do. This did not start out as a fact but it is very powerful one today; 3 girls went shopping and vanished from the face of the earth. There is NO reasonable explanation for that to happen. It's reasonable that a crime took place. It's unreasonable they were randomly plucked out of that parking lot. Statistically - beyond improbable. Almost 43 years rules out plenty of uninvestigatied theories, conspiracies, and the like. It's been suggested on this forum over the years that the family's contact this or that "Unsolved" TV show, new ones come along. There is something all of those stories seem to have in common, no remaining suspects. That's why none of the producers will touch this story. They talk to the police. You'd have to believe FWPD hopes this case is never ​solved to accept they'd run off nationwide exposure. And that's not reasonable. They have a suspect, so there is hope.

FW_Cat, sometimes I could just KISS you! You make me think and reassess continuously. On this case and others. Thanks for that! :loveyou:

I needed that today - thank you. Blessings on all yall...

I don't "know" regarding the polygraphs. Hereafter, I will qualify my comments as IMO or ATR (according to Rusty.) Statements made by other family members or LE go to the grave unless this case is settled before that happens.
So, to answer your question; ATR ~ TT passed a polygraph, and his sister Debra didn't do well...In 2003, following several years of spectacularly flawed investigative attempts by the pro-bono private investigator Dan James Rusty Arnold agreed (as self-appointed spokesperson for all) to present the following letter to the other two families. They fell in line, lock-step, and signed this typed letter. Notably absent - his own mother. Not even on the list. It's past time to call a spade a damn shovel. DAN JAMES infected the investigation at the time these families got a second bite at the apple. Rusty went down that twisted road and it destroyed his relationships with his mother and sister. I have physical evidence of DAN JAMES tampering with evidence, and creating false evidence to support all of his wacked-out preposterous theories. Rusty still considers him a trusted ally and resource - and does all sorts of free work on his house. That man is on my list. I'm going to open a vein and bleed all over this thread. That way, I'll at least have a journal.
attachment.php

Attachments

• letter.gif
    letter.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 420
I don't "know" regarding the polygraphs. Hereafter, I will qualify my comments as IMO or ATR (according to Rusty.) Statements made by other family members or LE go to the grave unless this case is settled before that happens.
So, to answer your question; ATR ~ TT passed a polygraph, and his sister Debra didn't do well...In 2003, following several years of spectacularly flawed investigative attempts by the pro-bono private investigator Dan James Rusty Arnold agreed (as self-appointed spokesperson for all) to present the following letter to the other two families. They fell in line, lock-step, and signed this typed letter. Notably absent - his own mother. Not even on the list. It's past time to call a spade a damn shovel. DAN JAMES infected the investigation at the time these families got a second bite at the apple. Rusty went down that twisted road and it destroyed his relationships with his mother and sister. I have physical evidence of DAN JAMES tampering with evidence, and creating false evidence to support all of his wacked-out preposterous theories. Rusty still considers him a trusted ally and resource - and does all sorts of free work on his house. That man is on my list. I'm going to open a vein and bleed all over this thread. That way, I'll at least have a journal.
attachment.php

Noted on the IMO and ATR. I remember this letter from years ago and felt so sad for them all, including Debra. It was on the Missing Trio website last I looked, though that’s been quite a while. IMO, the letter is worded as if she started the test and did not finish. “Please complete the polygraph testing and answer all questions.” As opposed to, simply, “Please take a polygraph.” So was this letter to implore her to retake the “not so good one.” Or this letter is why she originally took a polygraph? Am I making sense?

When was the pump station added to Benbrook Lake? Also, relative to the pump station, where are the three submerged cars located? Is that area off of Dirk's Road/Lakeside Dr relatively unchanged since the disappearance (i.e., the boat ramp, parking area, etc. are still in same places they were from 1974?) I was a young paperboy in Lubbock when this story broke. I remember reading about it while folding papers to deliver. Now, I live about 5 minutes from Benbrook Lake and go by the dam at least 3 times a week.

This was added during the 90's. It's close to where I saw a car go in (1968.)The Army Corps of Engineers may have removed cars to complete this waterworks. If so, there will be a record of their Vin Numbers. I'll take that!

"When was the pump station added to Benbrook Lake? Also, relative to the pump station, where are the three submerged cars located? Is that area off of Dirk's Road/Lakeside Dr relatively unchanged since the disappearance (i.e., the boat ramp, parking area, etc. are still in same places they were from 1974? I was a young paperboy in Lubbock when this story broke. I remember reading about it while folding papers to deliver. Now, I live about 5 minutes from Benbrook Lake and go by the dam at least 3 times a week."

I stay confused about this blog's ins and outs. I got this question by email. My answer (above) wasn't very thorough. Whereas, I don't find this question published here, I won't reveal the identity of the person who posted it, but I would like to do a better job of answering this multi-part question. So, here goes. This is the waterworks project you are referring to?
attachment.php

Attachments

• BenbrookRainbow.jpg
    BenbrookRainbow.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 267
1970 aerial view of Longhorn Park and public ramp, with notes:
attachment.php

Attachments

• aerial_notes_1970.jpg
    aerial_notes_1970.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 289
Yes, the public boat ramp, though in the same location, does not resemble the 1974 version. The day "picnic" areas are overgrown and abandoned. In fact, you cannot walk out to the bluff where these cars were put in. You can only access that land by water. Now, it is private land. I have people in high places regarding access. I'll tell you what I have told everyone from the beginning: If he did this (and he did); this is why; and where I'd look if I were you. And if they are still down there - they aren't going anywhere. No one but LE can finish this. It irritates me that family members I want to help contaminated an investigation the likes of which you would not believe. I don't need to be right. I need to be answered. Rule it in or out. THEN look. All the answers are in the case file, which I was told recently is five boxes. FIVE BOXES. Just shoot me.

FW Cat
I, damnit don’t even know how to indicate to you about certain things as I have been instructed to keep silent but I sure wish I could talk to you! I’m told I could jeopardize things but the wheels of justice for the girls continues to run at a snails pace! Something needs to happen soon or I’m going to blow a gasket. Hopefully soon you will understand what I mean! I don’t want another December 23rd to hit again without action. I am praying every day now, every single day!

FW Cat
I, damnit don’t even know how to indicate to you about certain things as I have been instructed to keep silent but I sure wish I could talk to you! I’m told I could jeopardize things but the wheels of justice for the girls continues to run at a snails pace! Something needs to happen soon or I’m going to blow a gasket. Hopefully soon you will understand what I mean! I don’t want another December 23rd to hit again without action. I am praying every day now, every single day!
No one tells me to keep quiet but me. Getting out of my own way, sometimes means becoming very still. LE agencies don't respond well to us getting up on our hind legs and barking. If you know who I am, then you can figure out how to contact me - you can talk all you want. I will listen. What I am doing between now and the 23rd is this: U.S.Mail ~forever stamp~ drip, drip, drip ~ every three days I'm sending a SHORT message with a question or suggestion or new idea. They will pile up on someone's desk. I'm wrapping it all up and putting a bow on it. Then, once I've done everything I can possibly think of, I'm going to pray. It will go something like this:"GOD? It's me, again. Look, if these tortured people are going to get answers this side of heaven You're going to have to do it. I've proven I can't. I'm laying these girls at the cross, oh - and I promise to leave them there this time. I surrender them, and will stand on Your promises. You know what to do..." ​Or words to that effect...meanwhile, I have some things to gather up, and a letter to write - message in a bottle.

I have circled the calender. I have 17 "messages" to write and send between now and December 21st. The envelopes are addressed and stamped. I have a rough outline of what I will "message" in what order. I hope they keep our new detective interested and moving in the right direction. That poor, poor man.
Message #1) "The Envelope." I want the gas chromatography testing done. I want to give to-do list things right away. The #1) message is being sent in an envelope designed to be a test piece in a. Two pencils. And the back of it is a mock-up that asks an important question. In a strategic order I pick - I'll tell a story. Every letter will be bathed in prayed. Then it will be time for me to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle