Identified! Tx - Galveston, Hispmale 'little Jacob' Up17178, 3-5, Jayden Alexander Lopez, Oct'17 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the tide is coming in, objects (including bodies) will get pushed up onto the beach, rolled around, then pulled back out, and then back in, repeat until the tide goes out and either leaves the item on the sand or carries it out to sea again.

So you could call it floating near the beach, or washed up, or on the beach, and they're all more or less accurate. I think one of the early reports said he was in the surf.

I think that's also why the variation in reported address. If his poor little body was being moved around like that, it could have been near Stewart Beach when it was first seen and down nearer the 700 block when he was finally recovered.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

To me, washed up and floating are two different things. One is on dry land and one is in water. I know that he may have been pulled in and and pushed out again numerous times by the tide but at the time the individual found him I wonder whether was in the water or on dry land.

Another confusing thing for me is the reported location of the body. The opening post quotes his body as being found "near the 700 block of Seawall" and "near 7th and Seawall":

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-near-beach-Oct-17&p=13706031#post13706031

The NamUs report states the "715" block (which is likely a typo as these usually end in zeroes). But the confusion for me is that NO 700-block locations appear to also be at Stewart Beach, which also has been consistently reported as the location of the body.

If you go by Bing maps, 700-block addresses (and 7th St) appear to be at Porretto Beach. Stewart Beach appears northeast of 7th St.--the beach's southern end roughly lining up with 5th St. (See green area on map.)

So (help me, locals), is Bing maps wrong, or have the boundary lines perhaps been redrawn between the beaches? In any case, it seems to me that if this little boy was found "near the 700-block" wouldn't it also be true (if at Stewart Beach) that he was found "nearer" to (or in) a more northerly block of Seawall (eg. 500- to 600-block)? If so, why not say that? A minor quibble, I guess, but I don't like to be confused *before* having my coffee in the morning. :eek:

attachment.php

Namus report should probably read found in the 700 block or 715 Seawall BLVD. It's hard to tell where one beach ends and another begins, he may have been found on or near the border of the two and just decided to go with the beach that is widely known. Stewart beach is known for being family friendly and there are plenty of volleyball games, sandcastle competitions and concerts out there.

To me, washed up and floating are two different things. One is on dry land and one is in water. I know that he may have been pulled in and and pushed out again numerous times by the tide but at the time the individual found him I wonder whether was in the water or on dry land.

But there isn't a clean line like that. There's a zone where the water and the dry land are taking turns. When the waves wash up, it's under water, and when it pulls out, it leaves dry land. And then the next wave comes in and it's under water again.

But there isn't a clean line like that. There's a zone where the water and the dry land are taking turns. When the waves wash up, it's under water, and when it pulls out, it leaves dry land. And then the next wave comes in and it's under water again.
Yes agreed that's right CB , high tide mark excactly.
i dont think the boy would be moving around much , as soon as the body was pushed in on the sand with the high tide the weight would be too much to be rolling around in and out. The waves there were not very powerful and the shores are shallow gradually sloping , on those beaches there . jmo .
Im interested to know if the body really was floating .
Bodies will either sink or float at different stages ,so if we know that the body was floating, then it means it could have traveled in, upon the sea , in the current.

Does anyone have thoughts on that ?
If the body floated on the sea .

AP,
If you look at the tide info it shows that the body was found on the highest tide during the previous 24hr period.
So it could not have been on dry sand / above the high tide line in my interpretation of the information .

Post #415 & #416

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13731002

RSBM.

LOL. Neither do I. :coffeews:

It seems there are a few inconsistencies with this little guy.

Calling Lyssav on this one :)

Namus report should probably read found in the 700 block or 715 Seawall BLVD. It's hard to tell where one beach ends and another begins, he may have been found on or near the border of the two and just decided to go with the beach that is widely known. Stewart beach is known for being family friendly and there are plenty of volleyball games, sandcastle competitions and concerts out there.

Thanks, Ana & Lyssa... :coffee: Sounds like they probably just went with the better-known beach, even though it doesn't jive with the reported 700-block location. Still bothers my detail-driven side, but it's likely not a fact that's critical to establishing his ID. So my laid-back side is just pouring that second cup and hoping for more news.

:tyou: I guess I wasn't clear, or the wording isn't clear (imo). I just meant that I wondered whether it was clear cut. As in, was he a few feet in and obviously in the water or was he on dry land but occasionally taken by the current when the tide came in.

Sorry, I've been going on about this so long now... I just realized I wasn't being clear :)

:tyou: I guess I wasn't clear, or the wording isn't clear (imo). I just meant that I wondered whether it was clear cut. As in, was he a few feet in and obviously in the water or was he on dry land but occasionally taken by the current when the tide came in.

Sorry, I've been going on about this so long now... I just realized I wasn't being clear :)
Oh, I see. Yes, that hasn't been made clear and might not even be known. I'm sure they're investigating all the possibilities. When they were trying to identify Bella Bond, they consulted with the coast guard and the harbor authority about the currents etc to find out where she might have drifted from.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Galveston police, FBI to hold news conference today about boy found dead on beach
abc13
By Jeff Ehling
Updated 43 mins ago

‘GALVESTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Who was that little boy found dead on a beach in Galveston last month? How did he get there, and what happened to him? We're hoping to get answers to some of those questions today.

Jeff Ehling is live in Galveston awaiting the news conference that will hopefully provide more details about the young boy and the investigation into his death.

The Galveston Police Department and the FBI will give an update on the investigation at a news conference at 10 [TX time*] this morning.’

http://abc13.com/hoping-to-get-answers-about-little-boy-found-on-beach/2608798/

*[Note: That’s midnight for you, metic, and 03:00 for me. Don’t worry, I’ll make us a cuppa coffee or 10.]

Galveston police, FBI to hold news conference today about boy found dead on beach
abc13
By Jeff Ehling
Updated 43 mins ago

‘GALVESTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Who was that little boy found dead on a beach in Galveston last month? How did he get there, and what happened to him? We're hoping to get answers to some of those questions today.

Jeff Ehling is live in Galveston awaiting the news conference that will hopefully provide more details about the young boy and the investigation into his death.

The Galveston Police Department and the FBI will give an update on the investigation at a news conference at 10 [TX time] this morning.’

http://abc13.com/hoping-to-get-answers-about-little-boy-found-on-beach/2608798/

Thank you, Bo!! Just what we have been waiting for. Not long to go.

My pleasure AP. I’m waiting up for the presser (3AM my time).

Bless you, Bo. :loveyou:

Looks like the mother has been ID'd in the Miami-D case. I can only hope something will be revealed today that they are getting closer to finding Galveston's family.

Bless you, Bo. :loveyou:

Looks like the mother has been ID'd in the Miami-D case. I can only hope something will be revealed today that they are getting closer to finding Galveston's family.

Thanks for letting me know about the little girl in Miami-Dade. Hopefully this little one will also have his name today.

Am home in bed, ill. But am awaiting the presser.

I hope lil bit will have a name today.

I'm vacationing in a different time zone, waiting patiently. I hope this little guy gets his name back today, or at the very least; that they release details that will jog someone's memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley