Found Deceased CO - Eric Ashby, 31, Colorado Springs, 28 June 2017

The news doesn't say much about it. Sounds like the place they all think the treasure is located is quite difficult to get to.

Which certainly isn't consistent with an 80 year old man being able to get to the location.

I just can't wrap my head around this. A person you're with (whether they're a friend or not) falls into a river and not one person seeks help. I can understand them being afraid to go into a fast moving river. But not seeking help! Even if they saw Eric lose his grip on the rock, he could possibly still could have been saved. There has to be more to the story...what's there to fear about reporting a rafting accident?

I don't get it either, Kip. A call to 911 could've saved his life if the rapids did in fact take him away. If they arrived within the hour there at least could've been an attempt to save him.

I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned being in contact with his sister and there's definitely a lot more to this story. I wonder if it was a premeditated murder type of scenario designed to look like an accident OR they were heavily invested in illegal activity.

Maybe he knew where the 'treasure' was and hired these 3/4 people to help retrieve it. The fact of the 'contract' sounds like he was very serious about its location. I am sure each and every one of them had cell phones. WHY didn't one of them make a call to 911. I myself have called 911 many times for road accidents, sickness, even a robbery for people other than myself, it isn't hard to do. I believe there's a chance that this treasure was found or maybe what they believed was a location of the treasure. Since they had a contract with him, maybe they decided the best way to reap the benefits would be an accident. I mean NO life vest and NO helmet on a class V-VI rapids is suicide. Did any of them have life vests? Maybe it was an accident and they just utilized the incident to keep the treasure for themselves...these are all things I'm sure LE is looking at.

So these people just up and left because they just didn't know what to do...WHAT...Then they waited well over a week to call family and tell them he was in an accident but 'sorry guys we panicked and didn't call 911'. I'm wondering if they reported his 'accident' to the family before or after the family officially reported him missing and LE put together this anon 911 call from a photographer and it hit MSM. I am thinking maybe they would've kept their mouths shut and when his body surfaced everyone would have chalked it up to an accident but they weren't expecting this photographer watching from the other side of the river...chances are he had telephoto or they would've seen him and tried to solicit help maybe..that's if there's no conspiracy...this is ALL MOO. There's too much hinky about this whole thing. I just can't believe that anyone could be so inhumane as to leave a drowning friend and not even make an anon call to 911 themselves...

All opinions are my own.

[snipped]... I just can't believe that anyone could be so inhumane as to leave a drowning friend and not even make an anon call to 911 themselves...

All opinions are my own.

Until the last week or so when the news came out about those creeps in Florida who stood and laughed as someone drowned, I couldn't believe that anyone could be so inhumane as to leave a drowning stranger and not even make an anonymous 911 call.

I am starting to feel old or something because it seems to me that the younger generation has no empathy...to just stand there and record for their five minutes of internet infamy? And do nothing? Life isn't a video game, we can't re spawn when we die (not blaming games I play a few myself). It's got to be parenting or lack there of...in both these cases people stood by and did nothing...for no logical reason. I'm sorry but I don't buy the 'Wow we panicked and just left' business...and those guys in fl that videoed the man drowning, my god, where's their empathy, their knowledge of right and wrong. I'm just at a loss...poor people.

All opinions are my own.

[h=1]Lawmaker taking interest in Eric's Law for missing rafter[/h]
FREMONT COUNTY, Colo. - Eric Ashby was rafting down the Arkansas River with four other people on June 28 when the raft flipped.

The four others made it to the shore and Ashby did not. They didn't file a report with the Fremont County until 10 days after the accident.

Now Ashby's friends and family are pursing for a duty to report law, something that state representative Jim Wilson is taking an interest in.
"If I were the person that was falling in the water or fallen off a cliff or gotten hit by a vehicle, I would want someone to call and say someone is injured," Wilson said.
Right now, Colorado doesn't have a law that requires people to report an incident where someone's life is in danger, but 10 other states do.
http://www.krdo.com/news/fremont-co...est-in-erics-law-for-missing-rafter/604178593

I cannot help but think if my step-brother had stayed in prison and finished his sentence (on December 12th 2018) he would not be missing right now. :-(

What was he in prison for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I cannot help but think if my step-brother had stayed in prison and finished his sentence (on December 12th 2018) he would not be missing right now. :-(

Jessica,

Thank you for joining us here and very sorry about your stepbrother. I hope that your family can have some closure, as best as possible.

As awful as it sounds, I wonder if the other members of the rafting party continued to look for the treasure during the 10-day timespan when they didn't report Eric falling in the river. Hmmm...... MOO

As awful as it sounds, I wonder if the other members of the rafting party continued to look for the treasure during the 10-day timespan when they didn't report Eric falling in the river. Hmmm...... MOO

Or maybe they were very intoxicated, and that's why they didn't call LE?

Or maybe they were very intoxicated, and that's why they didn't call LE?

Found deceased☹️: http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Body-found-in-Colorado-identified-as--471372903.html

Eric Ashby moved to Colorado in summer 2016, and according to his father, Paul Ashby, Eric's goal was to start a whole new life. However, his plans were cut short when on June 28, 2017, he went underwater while trying to cross the Arkansas River and never resurfaced.

According to the Fremont County Coroner, the body identified as that of Ashby was found east of a cement plant in the Arkansas River.

More at link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From article linked above...
In November 2017, Ashby's parents told Local 8 News their son's friends had deserted him when he was drowning. His parents channeled their grief into action, however, starting a petition to pass new legislation in Tennessee.

"Eric's Law" states that people must call for help if they see someone fighting for their life.

"This law simply says you have to do something. You can't just walk away," Paul Ashby told Local 8 News.

Wow. It's sad that we now have to have a law about something that should be total common sense. What idiots those 'friends' are. I'm guessing that drugs were probably involved but still...there is no excuse for that BS.

Jessica,

Sending condolences to you and your family, I am very sorry about the loss of your stepbrother.

Eric
:rose:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member