Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the medication helps her and you see some improvement! Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do for my dog. I knew when she was diagnosed it was terminal, but I've had 5 weeks to prepare myself for what's coming. She's comfy with pain meds right now but I know I'm down to the last couple days with her. She's had a good life, though, and I promised I wouldn't let her suffer.

It breaks my heart to see her in pain and I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a child with a terminal illness. That's why it's so hard to comprehend cases like Mariah's. I just can't see how someone can be so heartless that they can injure and even kill without remorse. Heartbreaking.

You're doing the right thing. God is with you, and her. But I know how hard it is, I had to do it too once. I almost broke down at the clinic but I was also so relieved that she wasn't suffering anymore (she also had cancer). Sending much warmth your way!

I'm so tired on all levels right now that I'm only able to skim the thread. So poor Mariah was sexually abused as well? Not officially confirmed yet? I hope it's not true. Poor baby :cry:

This still works for me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_ZoA0pdCM&feature=youtu.be

I think about 5 minutes in she reads from the CPS report...

Thanks

I watched the video I am looking for the actual paper report that was posted by msm earlier but has disappeared now. A one who has been a foster parent, adoptive parent and Guardian ad Litem volunteer in NC I wanted to look at he the actual report to see what exactly it was and where in the process it would have been generated. I suspect it was the initial filing to take custody of the boys after the reported disappearance which would mean a hearing would be required within 10 business days. However, it could have been a summary overview of past allegations for LE. So, seeing the actual document can be extremely informative not just for the included allegations but the context to them and where the legal process is and what to expect.

I found clips from the report at http://newsinonslow.com/just-in-cps...riah-woods-kristi-kay-woods-knew-about-abuse/
but it doesn’t show the actual 12 page document. Which even heavily redacted would be a source of information.

Plus my grouchy hoarder files would feel neglected without it.

JMHO

Awww, I am sorry to say that we are losing our little Chihua-Corgi this holiday season as well. He has a heart murmur and his heart meds have weakened his kidneys. I replaced his picture with the beautiful flower that opened up the day that we were told the bad news. I walked outside to cry and saw this HUGE flower had opened for one day in the yard. :cry:

Instead of flying up North to go to a large family Christmas, hubby and I are staying home to spend our last days with Harley, and make him comfortable.

Oh you too? :hug: So sorry. It's very sweet of you and your husband to stay with him over Xmas, I'm sure Harley appreciates that.

That flower is just gorgeous!

It is astonishing to me that you can actually say that the mother is as innocent as the father is at this time. It was the mother who brought this man into her children's lives, not the father. It was the mother who covered for her BF abuse of her son, when he had belt marks over his body, she told Child Services that he fell from bunk beds.This proves that she is more than willing to cover for her man over the well being of her children. There is so much more going to come out about her actions regarding Mariah's death. I can wager that absolutely nothing further will come out about her father's involvement.

I didn't say the mother is innocent, I said she is considered a victim until she is charged. That's according to the TOS on this forum. Kindly stop twisting my words to fit your agenda. Thanks.

These two cases are similar in so many aspects. I seesaw back and forth with both and my heart hurts for two little three year old girls that never had a chance

Oh you too? :hug: So sorry. It's very sweet of you and your husband to stay with him over Xmas, I'm sure Harley appreciates that.

That flower is just gorgeous!
My sympathies go out to both of you, all of you. We just lost our 15-year-old Staffordshire who was in kidney failure. I had spent the last year making her food for her, a blend of foods that were kidney-friendly, low phosphorous. It was in fact tumors that finally got her. We had a handle on the kidneys.

I doubt the children will be placed back with their mother. After all, she knew and allowed her children to be abuse by her boyfriend! No way will the courts send the children back to a mother that has no protective qualities as a parent. (not again)
They already did once.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Then we'll agree to disagree. The center of the spotlight is Mariah and her brothers. Right now, the mother is still just as much a victim as the father. If the father wants to make public comments which could possibly be used against him in the future concerning the custody of his sons, that's up to him.

BBM

No. Even if she escapes child abuse, child neglect, murder, etc charges, she still isn't a victim.

She may be a victim here at websleuths, for the moment, but that's it.

Finally caught up, and weathered two freezing of this forum (showing how busy it is here tonight).
The part that I am not clear on is how LE found out about Mariah's body's location. Because once they honed in on the Shelter Creek/Shaw Hwy bridge south of Hwy 53, they quickly found her.

Let me see if I have it straght:
LE went to that area because they talked to a family member for hours on Friday and gleaned the location from that conversation.
Meanwhile, Mariah's father and his fiancee said that THEY knew where to look for Mariah's body because Kristy's father talked about it to someone.
The someone was Kristy's father's employee.
The employee happened to be a friend of Mariah's father and his fiancee.
The employee/friend called Kristy's father to talk about it, and the phone was on speaker phone, and Mariah's father and fiancee were listening in.
So it is possible that Kristy's father is the family member that LE spoke with.

I have no idea what is true. I got this from the NG interview I listened to this morning.
For the life of me, I do not understand how Kristy's father ended up with this information, nor when he got it. Why was he talking to employees instead of LE? ugh.
Maybe it was the grandparents who LE talked with. LE was searching two spots, and they found her in one of them. Maybe grandfather knew where he liked to fish?

No. No she absolutely is NOT. She knew her boyfriend was forcing her just-turned-3 yr old daughter to perform oral sex on him AND SHE DID NOTHING.

She is NOT a victim.
I wonder what went on that the boys didn't see. [emoji852]

Tossed and turned all night, my brain refused to rest.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around these CPS documents. These are confidential. They are not accessible to anyone, including the parents, without a court order. Especially when there is a homicide. As parents, you are lucky to get a form letter with checkboxes.

From what was "read" from the documents, I would think more arrests would have taken place as soon as LE was informed.

I have to wonder if these documents are legitimate? If so, we should see more obstruction charges, I would hope. For instance, the CPS employee who leaked them.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Tossed and turned all night, my brain refused to rest.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around these CPS documents. These are confidential. They are not accessible to anyone, including the parents, without a court order. Especially when there is a homicide. As parents, you are lucky to get a form letter with checkboxes.

From what was "read" from the documents, I would think more arrests would have taken place as soon as LE was informed.

I have to wonder if these documents are legitimate? If so, we should see more obstruction charges, I would hope. For instance, the CPS employee who leaked them.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

From what I have read, it seems that they were sent to both parents.

Finally caught up, and weathered two freezing of this forum (showing how busy it is here tonight).
The part that I am not clear on is how LE found out about Mariah's body's location. Because once they honed in on the Shelter Creek/Shaw Hwy bridge south of Hwy 53, they quickly found her.

Let me see if I have it straght:
LE went to that area because they talked to a family member for hours on Friday and gleaned the location from that conversation.
Meanwhile, Mariah's father and his fiancee said that THEY knew where to look for Mariah's body because Kristy's father talked about it to someone.
The someone was Kristy's father's employee.
The employee happened to be a friend of Mariah's father and his fiancee.
The employee/friend called Kristy's father to talk about it, and the phone was on speaker phone, and Mariah's father and fiancee were listening in.
So it is possible that Kristy's father is the family member that LE spoke with.

I have no idea what is true. I got this from the NG interview I listened to this morning.
For the life of me, I do not understand how Kristy's father ended up with this information, nor when he got it. Why was he talking to employees instead of LE? ugh.
No clue, but maybe Kristy's dad wanted the co-worker's assistance in getting the story out or was hesitant to throw his daughter under the bus and asked for guidance. Some co-workers are besties and know everything about each other's lives,etc and he know what a s***storm would follow so asked his buddy for an assist of some variety.

There may be other reasons that he didn't go to LE immediately that I can think of but (TOS) I will keep them under my hat.

Hi struggling to keep up don't think I've posted for a couple threads. Continuing to lurk though. Had to scroll through some of the horrifying details today. But do we a COD yet ? Apologies if missed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't process the details either. No COD yet.

Okay I had to skip over 10 pages or else I would be here all day reading....

soanyway said:
Court documents allege mom knew, EK forced oral sex on Mariah, EK punched one of the boys the day before Mariah disappeared, and EK used drugs (all from statements given from the boys).

:eek: WHAT??!!! Where can I read this.... unbelievable...

Auntisemantic said:

Well, that didn't say anything abour sex abuse on Mariah, just about the boys....

If sexual abuse HOW in the HELL did she get her kids back???!!!

Originally Posted by Grouchymom View Post said:
Did anyone get a ss or copy off the DSS papers I could see please?
DAnthrplgst said:
There is a link on page 56

Since I only have 19 pages.... it would be better if you had a post #. :)

So, as far as I can see no COD.... yet...

According to this article: http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171204/man-accused-of-hiding-toddlers-body-protected-in-court

Note the “...and having reason to know...” statement. They are just waiting for the official autopsy report to seal the deal. Especially given the allegations from Mariah’s brothers. IMO

“The warrant continues to state that Kimrey “failed to notify a law enforcement authority of the death of Mariah Woods and secretly disposed of the dead child’s body knowing and having reason to know the body and human remains of Mariah Woods are of a person that did not die of natural causes.”

Did they release the address of the abandoned house on High Hill Rd. ?

Yeah, he's angry that his ex let his princess get abused, molested and murdered. Walk a mile in his shoes.
Yup, I don't blame him. He isn't being given the right support, that much is clear. I expect far more from the media on the other hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2