Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can sleuth KW but that doesn't mean we should victim blame women in general, or abuse victims in general. We do not know that KW was abused, but we know that EK is an abuser of the worst kind. Abuse begets abuse in general. Genetics and a whole host of other aspects of development can also turn someone into an abuser. EK appears to be a complete and total sociopath, possibly psychopath. KW also appears to have some personality dysfunction and is by no means innocent, IMO. Your post can be directed at KW, but please not at all women who have been victims of abuse, whether they perpetuated or allowed abuse or not. Women who have engaged in criminal acts against their children can surely be blamed, even if they were victims of abuse themselves. But not all women who have been victims of abuse who were not able to protect their children. Trauma among the major causes of violence and abuse, particularly among women. Borderline PD is now seen as a trauma and stress related disorder, and they can be violent and abusive. Ending the cycle of abuse is one of the ways to stop these crimes. Your post belies a lack of understanding of the nature of abuse and its effects, and also belies great privilege. Women (and their children) are more likely to be killed when they leave a relationship than at any other time.

Now that discussion is allowed of the woman who gave birth to Mariah. I hope it is ok to post this
There is no name-calling, etc...just sincere concerns.

If, as it appears, Earl is responsible for Mariah's death, that certainly does not mean he is the only one responsible.

Turning a blind eye, in the fact of danger, certainly makes one complicit.

If I were to walk to a busy intersection with a 3-yr old, then turn loose of her hand and set her loose into the traffic, chances are she would be hit and killed by a vehicle. The person driving the vehicle would have killed her, BUT I would be also responsible for having her in that foolishly dangerous position in the first place. If I let my 3-yr old play in a cage with a tiger, and the tiger eats her, the tiger is responsible killing her, but I allowed it. If I let my 3 yr old outside to play in a storm, and she is struck by lightning, and she dies...the bolt of electricity is what killed her, but I allowed it
If I bring my child around an angry, violent person, and that person kills her, he/she murdered her, but I allowed it.
NOW, there have been children who crossed busy streets without getting hit...there have been children in cages with animals who were not eaten....there have been people caught in lightning storms who did not perish....but any reasonable caring parent would not risk those odds.

I am so tired of people who get so bent on advocating for women in abusive situations with their children, they fail to advocate for other victims. It makes all of womanhood look bad, by implying we do NOT have a choice. Living with an abuser, and forcing your children to be there as well, is not a one time mistake such as a traffic accident or accidental drowning. It is REPEATEDLY making a selfish choice. It is the equivalent of getting up every day and making the choice to allow your child to live in risk.

We should be better than that. We as women, do not HAVE to live in situations like that, and especially when it is with a man who has NO legal right to be around our child. When a woman gets up and walks away from her husband and her children's father, and makes a choice to start a life with a violent abuser, it is very, very difficult for me to feel anything but disgust. There is no valid excuse for it. Send the children elsewhere.

We ladies are smarter than people think, stronger than people think, and have more critical thinking skills than people think. So when others (sadly often other women) put forth a narrative that we are weak, spineless, brainless victims, it does not set well with me. Although some women live that way, it does not make it normal, nor excusable.

GET OUT! Put your children first...that is what good mothers do. You don't have to live on the "right" side of town, or be highly educated, or have all the privileges of life. It does not take a doctorate degree to show some protective motherly instinct. For goodness' sakes, even wild animals have a protective instinct towards their offspring.

Ladies....do what is right. There is no "relationship"...if you even want to call it that, worth forever losing your children for. Step up! Prove to the world that we can think for ourselves and make mature choices.

I am so angry right now, at abusers and enablers. They all share guilt when a child is harmed.

I saw it too and 9:00 - 9:30 sounds right.

I really wish I had followed my gut and taken screenshots of her page.
It's so confusing, because I could swear KW stated she gave her dinner, and put her to bed at 6:00pm, then it changed to 9-9:30pm, then to 11:00pm.

My understanding from her new deleted FB posts was that she and Mariah did not attend the Thanksgiving celebration as planned. Am I wrong?

She could've been posting photos to hide evidence of abuse.

I don't have any MSM source that states for a fact whether or not Mariah and KW were at the thanksgiving event at EK's parents place. A lot of people have suspected Mariah and KW were not there due to them not being in 'that' photo, but I wouldn't take that as evidence.

I agree with your other comment that even if Mariah was alive when that series of daily postings of the picture happened it could have been that Mariah had facial bruising or something that made KW want to post some nice pictures to make it seem like everything was fine.

ETA, it was the Kentucky family Thanksgiving that they didn't end up getting to...which I got the impression from KW's FB was vaguely planned, but they didn't go there, they ended up going to EK's family in NC.

I assume father is repeating what he heard from KW's father. It could very well be that KW told her father that she was going but didn't actually go.

I suspect Mariah and KW did not go and for reason that led to that 911 call when POI and brothers returned.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I agree. Much of what AW and his girlfriend have said are from secondary sources. Not sure how much they know first hand or have heard from LE.

And of course, Nancy Grace is reporting it all as fact.

Now that discussion is allowed of the woman who gave birth to Mariah. I hope it is ok to post this
There is no name-calling, etc...just sincere concerns.

If, as it appears, Earl is responsible for Mariah's death, that certainly does not mean he is the only one responsible.

Turning a blind eye, in the fact of danger, certainly makes one complicit.

If I were to walk to a busy intersection with a 3-yr old, then turn loose of her hand and set her loose into the traffic, chances are she would be hit and killed by a vehicle. The person driving the vehicle would have killed her, BUT I would be also responsible for having her in that foolishly dangerous position in the first place. If I let my 3-yr old play in a cage with a tiger, and the tiger eats her, the tiger is responsible killing her, but I allowed it. If I let my 3 yr old outside to play in a storm, and she is struck by lightning, and she dies...the bolt of electricity is what killed her, but I allowed it
If I bring my child around an angry, violent person, and that person kills her, he/she murdered her, but I allowed it.
NOW, there have been children who crossed busy streets without getting hit...there have been children in cages with animals who were not eaten....there have been people caught in lightning storms who did not perish....but any reasonable caring parent would not risk those odds.

I am so tired of people who get so bent on advocating for women in abusive situations with their children, they fail to advocate for other victims. It makes all of womanhood look bad, by implying we do NOT have a choice. Living with an abuser, and forcing your children to be there as well, is not a one time mistake such as a traffic accident or accidental drowning. It is REPEATEDLY making a selfish choice. It is the equivalent of getting up every day and making the choice to allow your child to live in risk.

We should be better than that. We as women, do not HAVE to live in situations like that, and especially when it is with a man who has NO legal right to be around our child. When a woman gets up and walks away from her husband and her children's father, and makes a choice to start a life with a violent abuser, it is very, very difficult for me to feel anything but disgust. There is no valid excuse for it. Send the children elsewhere.

We ladies are smarter than people think, stronger than people think, and have more critical thinking skills than people think. So when others (sadly often other women) put forth a narrative that we are weak, spineless, brainless victims, it does not set well with me. Although some women live that way, it does not make it normal, nor excusable.

GET OUT! Put your children first...that is what good mothers do. You don't have to live on the "right" side of town, or be highly educated, or have all the privileges of life. It does not take a doctorate degree to show some protective motherly instinct. For goodness' sakes, even wild animals have a protective instinct towards their offspring.

Ladies....do what is right. There is no "relationship"...if you even want to call it that, worth forever losing your children for. Step up! Prove to the world that we can think for ourselves and make mature choices.

I am so angry right now, at abusers and enablers. They all share guilt when a child is harmed.

While that is easy to say, the reality of battered women is much more complicated because it becomes a mental disorder. A woman--especially one who has little education and no marketable skills-- may decide to escape one abusive situation by hooking up with another guy and she quickly finds herself in the same predicament and without a support system to get out.

A clue that it might have happened in this case is that the children were supposedly spending a family holiday with neither side of their family.

right - the night she went "missing". It may have been a meme or a post using FB's standard backgrounds.

It was a dark background, maybe dark grey, and I think there was a sort of scrolling on it? Is that one of the new backgrounds for posts?

I will be honest half the time I see posts with the new backgrounds I scroll through them thinking they are memes!

Since we can sleuth and speculate on mom I have a thought that's been ping-ponging around my head.

Apparently EK and the boys went to his parents house for T-Giving without Mariah and KW? Correct?
Earl and the boys didn't return home until around midnight. That means that Kristi and Mariah were alone between T-Giving Thursday and Sunday night.
What if Kristi killed Mariah, either intentionally, accidentally or Mariah got into some sort of stash and OD'd. She panics, doesn't know what to do and just keeps Mariah around until Earl and the boys get home. She puts the boys to sleep, they concoct the timeline and gets Earl to dispose of her body.

Just a thought.

It's so confusing, because I could swear KW stated she gave her dinner, and put her to bed at 6:00pm, then it changed to 9-9:30pm, then to 11:00pm.
We were discussing when she posted a meme on FB, not when she put Mariah to bed.

I do remember her saying she gave her dinner around 6 and put her to bed, but checked on her at 11.

I agree. Much of what AW and his girlfriend have said are from secondary sources. Not sure how much they know first hand or have heard from LE.

And of course, Nancy Grace is reporting it all as fact.

KW's father said it and AW heard it on speaker phone

Since we can sleuth and speculate on mom I have a thought that's been ping-ponging around my head.

Apparently EK and the boys went to his parents house for T-Giving without Mariah and KW? Correct?
Earl and the boys didn't return home until around midnight. That means that Kristi and Mariah were alone between T-Giving Thursday and Sunday night.
What if Kristi killed Mariah, either intentionally, accidentally or Mariah got into some sort of stash and OD'd. She panics, doesn't know what to do and just keeps Mariah around until Earl and the boys get home. She puts the boys to sleep, they concoct the timeline and gets Earl to dispose of her body.

Just a thought.

do we have confirmation that Mariah and KW did not go to EK's family? I had seen speculation, based on one photograph of a family group. thanks in advance

Hypothetically speaking, what would happen if an older sibling reported the SA of a 3yr old sibling - say to a teacher? Does duty to report have the teacher contacting the police or child services (or both?). And then what happens? If physical evidence of that abuse isn’t present? I’ve always understood the burden of proof to be with the prosecution - but what about cases like this?

I would think it's very, very difficult. Children have been made to lie about SA by a parent who doesn't want to lose custody, so lack of evidence is going to be a problem.

And of course there might not be forensic evidence. Touching a child inappropriately, or getting a child to touch an adult inappropriately is abuse, but it doesn't have forensic traces. I'm just using that as an example, I have not heard anywhere that that did happen with Mariah.

This woman had options. No excuse for keeping both the children and the boyfriend in the home. At the very least, she needs to be charged with failure to protect her kids. But I feel she is as responsible for Mariah's death as the person who actually caused her death. Jmo

That I don’t know. But I do know Dodge Durango’s are vehicles used by LE in some jurisdictions. Somebody yesterday mentioned the mother may be in protective custody.
Now, I'm confused. Protective custody from who? POI? In jail.. From the public? The only reason to protect her from the public is because she did something, arrest her.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Just a thought.

do we have confirmation that Mariah and KW did not go to EK's family? I had seen speculation, based on one photograph of a family group. thanks in advance

I don't know if there is confirmation, perhaps someone can clear that up. I was under the impression that Kristi stayed home with Mariah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther