Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering why no one has been charged with murder. It seems odd that the charges stated he concealed a death that he knew was "unnatural". That term could cover a lot of ground from intentional harm to an accidental fall.

In view of the fact that some MSM has reported that EK was a heroin user, is it possible that little Mariah may have gotten hold of his drugs? If she got into his drugs she may have eaten them and overdosed on them. If so KW and EK may have panicked knowing they would be going to jail for having drugs around the kids.

My worry is that they do not know who actually killed her and who covered up, etc...

There's also a pic floating about of KW with a large pink bow in her own hair. Competing?
nintchdbpict000370074610-e1512037395773.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5028957/missing-toddler-marines-mariah-woods-north-carolina/

maybe..... he is just not clear / bad at writing and was trying to say he was trying to tell the social worker that he was caught acting out w another kid. but whatever don't want to dwell on this :( those poor kids.

Very bizarre stuff.

I don't get this. Why would a social worker's child be anywhere near a client? Why would a social worker be hanging out with clients and their families?

I am wondering why no one has been charged with murder. It seems odd that the charges stated he concealed a death that he knew was "unnatural". That term could cover a lot of ground from intentional harm to an accidental fall.

In view of the fact that some MSM has reported that EK was a heroin user, is it possible that little Mariah may have gotten hold of his drugs? If she got into his drugs she may have eaten them and overdosed on them. If so KW and EK may have panicked knowing they would be going to jail for having drugs around the kids.

I could def see that maybe happening but two things come to mind that make it seem unlikely: first, since he was away he would have brought any drugs with him, even if he had them when they returned to Jacksonville Mariah would have been in bed before she could have gotten her hands on them; second, and I think this would be the more likely scenario, if Mariah did get into the heroin somehow, I don't think she would have been able to ingest enough to kill her, maybe make her sick but not kill her. Heroin is synthesized with some pretty nasty chemicals, I imagine it tastes abhorrent, so if a little one got it anywhere near her mouth she would immediately spit it out.

Of course, she could have gotten into different drugs but I don't think drugs had anything to do with her death. This is my reason why. Unfortunately, I have a niece who is heavily involved with drugs and I've met some of her friends, seen how they are about their drugs. They protect those things at all costs. If EK and KW were drug users, knowing their age (which is near my niece's age) and being some what familiar with some basic characteristics of drug users, I can't imagine them leaving drugs out to where Mariah could have gotten into them. Obviously it's a possibility but it doesn't seem to fit with what we currently know.

What do you think?

im hoping its not because "mom" hasn't been charged and they are STILL hoping to reunify.

I can't get my head around this bit either ? I did scroll through a lot of today's thread so may have missed something but I find this so odd ! I'm not from US so I may be missing a rule somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here in Jan. 2004 and I have never used the ignore button or even know where it is. There have been times I had to sit on my hands but I just read and then scroll and roll and move on.

I wholeheartedly admit I have had to scroll and roll several times after reading some posts, both in this case and Sherin Matthews' when the posts were more about making both the mothers of these dead children into victims of the men involved even without one shred of evidence to support them.

We need to take the facts and not rely on assumptions or excuses. imo. What we need to worry about the most is 70% of all maltreated or mistreated children in 2015 was done by a MOTHER. More often than anyone else it was a mother who was involved in the victimization of abused children. That includes all types of abuses from gross neglect even leading to starvation, physical, emotional, mental, sexual abuse, and murder. That is what we need to worry about as a society who wants to protect all children from the horrific things they have to endure.

Grouchymom has been kind enough to link the facts for us both in this case and Sharon's. It makes me wonder if anyone really reads who is actually involved most often when little children are maltreated and abused. A boyfriend or live in is in the 13% of those who maltreats children. The media seems to care much more about the 13% than the 70% category. I have never understood why they shy away from who are actually involved most often when it comes to the cruelty being done to defenseless little children.

We see so called 'mothers' being given sweetheart deals and we have seen these 'mothers' get less time for murdering their child/children or no time at all. These women aren't victims..........they are victimizers. The double standards leaves many abused children without true justice based on who their offenders are and gender. That is so morally wrong. All children must be treated equal for we all lose if not.

Until society is willing to face the cruel facts that countless mothers every year can be and are the worst enemy their own children face...........the children they grossly neglect/abuse or murder will never have be validated in the court system overall as having the same worth as they do when they are abused by a male.

I want justice for ALL children no matter who their abusers or perpetrators happen to be.

I'm not sure of your point. 85% of all domestic violence victims are women. Women more often have custody of their young children. I do believe there is more than a casual link between these statistics. The household in which Mariah was living was incredibly toxic, of that there is no doubt in my mind.

An abused mother may very well turn around and abuse her child and that is a double whammy for the child. Angela Steinfurth as well as her boyfriend are serving a life sentence for the death of her daughter. Her daughter had multiple broken bones. Colton Turner's mother has yet to go on trial but her boyfriend has already cut a plea deal. The media coverage of these two cases was not in any way biased in favor of the mother. I've not seen any abuser get some kind of "pass" just because they are a woman.

I think it is only a matter of time before KW is charged in this case.

O/T:

You can still see that persons posts when you have added them to your ignore list though, right?
Can the person you added still see your posts?

(I can't find these answers in the rules section)
Never used it here. I have on another forum where you could only see what your 'ignoree' said if someone else quoted them in a reply.

Didn't it say that she discovered her missing about 6 in the morning? Wonder if the boys going to school if they said anything to teachers that has not been released to the public yet? Part of the investigation?

Well...that's kinda creepy looking. It looks like a little girl's hair bow. I'm a guy so I'm not over familiar with women's hair bows but does that look a little too juvenile to anyone else?

Yes. For sure.

In the photos I've seen of Mariah, she is wearing dresses and bows in her carefully combed hair. Very girly. Her mother cares very much what other people think, imo. KW made the 911 call.
Perhaps. But also, perpetrators of abuse often try to both make themselves feel less like monsters and make sure the world sees them as doting parents by attempting to make their children look like little adored dolls or gifting them things. I've seen it in my family. I see it in how Sherin Mathews was presented at church every week while the parents secretly believed her to be damaged goods based on her appearance (wandering eye) and were regularly breaking her bones at home.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well...that's kinda creepy looking. It looks like a little girl's hair bow. I'm a guy so I'm not over familiar with women's hair bows but does that look a little too juvenile to anyone else?

Fits right in with their "playing house" lifestyle, imo.

I came here in Jan. 2004 and I have never used the ignore button or even know where it is. There have been times I had to sit on my hands but I just read and then scroll and roll and move on.

I wholeheartedly admit I have had to scroll and roll several times after reading some posts, both in this case and Sherin Matthews' when the posts were more about making both the mothers of these dead children into victims of the men involved even without one shred of evidence to support them.

We need to take the facts and not rely on assumptions or excuses. imo. What we need to worry about the most is 70% of all maltreated or mistreated children in 2015 was done by a MOTHER. More often than anyone else it was a mother who was involved in the victimization of abused children. That includes all types of abuses from gross neglect even leading to starvation, physical, emotional, mental, sexual abuse, and murder. That is what we need to worry about as a society who wants to protect all children from the horrific things they have to endure.

Grouchymom has been kind enough to link the facts for us both in this case and Sharon's. It makes me wonder if anyone really reads who is actually involved most often when little children are maltreated and abused. A boyfriend or live in is in the 13% of those who maltreats children. The media seems to care much more about the 13% than the 70% category. I have never understood why they shy away from who are actually involved most often when it comes to the cruelty being done to defenseless little children.

We see so called 'mothers' being given sweetheart deals and we have seen these 'mothers' get less time for murdering their child/children or no time at all. These women aren't victims..........they are victimizers. The double standards leaves many abused children without true justice based on who their offenders are and gender. That is so morally wrong. All children must be treated equal for we all lose if not.

Until society is willing to face the cruel facts that countless mothers every year can be and are the worst enemy their own children face...........the children they grossly neglect/abuse or murder will never have be validated in the court system overall as having the same worth as they do when they are abused by a male.

I want justice for ALL children no matter who their abusers or perpetrators happen to be.
I think the ignore button can be a great temporary solution, even if it is applied just for a night while you sleep on it. I have used it temporarily, and I have gotten myself in trouble a time or two that could have been avoided had I used it again.

O/T:

You can still see that persons posts when you have added them to your ignore list though, right?
Can the person you added still see your posts?

(I can't find these answers in the rules section)
They don't know it. Ignore me and experiment with it. You'll see what happens.

ETA I mean this with all sincerity and no snark. You're one of my favorite people here.

I think they called it a "wake", and/or "sittin' with the dead", when my grandfather passed. They brought him back, to the family home, and someone sat with the body during that time. Relatives and friends would bring food to the home and visit with the family. He passed just before I was born so I have no memory but my older cousin remembers. I lived in the home for several years and my cousin enjoyed freaking my ex out by telling about how the ex's favorite chair was in the same spot that the coffin was located, and going on to describe what they remembered.

Yes, when they sit with the dead for days in a home, that is usually a wake.

My worry is that they do not know who actually killed her and who covered up, etc...

I keep thinking of the Ayla Reynolds disappearance where three adults were present. There was never a recovery in that case. LE have said the three present were not "forthcoming". There was circumstantial evidence and a common sense theory of the crime, but never any arrests.

ive seen ppl held on lesser charges for some time. also im unsure if NC is a "grand jury" state.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic here but I have a sneaking suspicion that Earl didn't actually kill her. In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking her death may have been intentional at all. So far as I am aware a M.E. is able to make a determination as to manner of death pretty quickly, COD can take a little time if there are not obvious injuries. Just look at the Caylee Anthony case, Dr G was able to announce manner of death I believe the day after Caylee's autopsy (please correct me if I'm wrong about that). Since they have Earl is custody and if there was any evidence to even merely suggest he was responsible for her death I would imagine they would have laid those charges on him by now. I know it isn't a popular opinion since everyone wants to hang Earl but I think he may very well be innocent.

she doesn't want the child in therapy because she doesn't want the child to talk bout HER. went through that. had to have it court ordered and even then she dragged on consenting (they have joint legal)

Sounds part and parcel for what my BIL has been going through. I had a typo in my post about him regaining custody. He didn't get her back for a year, only a couple months. Saddest part is my niece has disabilities. A condition where tumors grow on the soft tissues of her body and Autism like behaviors. She is 13 but functionally about 8-9. Can't read yet. She could be helped academically and otherwise if the but her mom (being the paranoid person she is) will not let her see a psychiatrist for diagnosis of the non medical stuff. My niece is very very smart as evidenced by her actions in other aspects. Just can't get the proper help.
It's ridiculous because even school personnel won't come out against the mom. They don't have any hard evidence of neglect etc but suspect it. Anyway. Just a sad mess. Don't understand wth is wrong with this country that they even remotely think these situations are acceptable and that it's so expensive for fight for your child's rights. [emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member