Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No cod yet. Custody hearing is Friday.

Dependency hearing was Monday when the state formally told the court the kids were in state custody. The bio dad filed a petition to gain custody. He might get custody but social services will still be involved for quite awhile I think so the kids can get services or I should say many family members will receive services such as counselling and so forth. Each child will get their own case file along with the mom and dad having separate files too. They archive past contact cases so the judge will be aware of the past. JMO

Welcome! I don't think she got into drugs either. Now, if they had some cannabis edibles that they'd carelessly left out, sure, but that wouldn't kill her. As OP said, Heroin or Coke or Meth, is going to taste just plain nasty, to a child. I think one of them either struck her, and she died, or he escalated the sexual assault, in some sort of meth fueled craze, and she died, as a result (sorry if too blunt, I tried various wordings, but this was the best I came up with). Meth is known for fueling strange sexual proclivities.

Meth: What Child Welfare Workers Should Know
http://www.practicenotes.org/vol10_n2/know.htm

Thanks for the welcome! I had to Google meth use and hypersexual behavior just today to try to understand. This would've been helpful and I'll still look at it. I have an understanding of how pot/Coke can change a person and heroin/pills to a lesser extent. But that meth seems to be a different animal. On a previous forum that got me started with these types of things I wish I could unread a horribly graphic account of why a baby would have died of certain horrific injuries as a result of oral sex. Sorry if that is too graphic, even. I was really clinging to hope that it was punishment that got out of hand, but just too much WTH.

I'll still try to lurk again soon. Once you pop, you just can't stop sometimes!

Does anyone happen to know if there is a place where all the facts as we currently know them are laid out?

Keeping your own notes is the best way to handle this.

Sometimes cases will have a media thread, but this case doesn't have one.

they actually have my partner's custody time worked out that way to minimize contact. however I did see the CO in the woods case and I believe it was Friday at 6 pm to sunday at 830 am or something. she could call the cops if he picked them up before 6.

Here's what I don't understand.

Mom is keeping kids from seeing dad. Dad supposedly has no way to enforce his visitation.

So, if he just went and picked the kids up from their school and took them to his house for his visiting time, what could mom do about it? Nothing, right?

That's what he should have done.

Simple. Statistics are clear that a child's risk of abuse rises exponentially when he or she lives with mama's new man. Not daddy's new woman.

Of course there are exceptions. But everyone is aware of how many cases there are of kids dying at the hands of the new dude.

I wish I worked with you on cases. you sound fun! Court can be too stuffy at times

Here's what I don't understand.

Mom is keeping kids from seeing dad. Dad supposedly has no way to enforce his visitation.

So, if he just went and picked the kids up from their school and took them to his house for his visiting time, what could mom do about it? Nothing, right?

That's what he should have done.

Idk. She was the custodial parent. Would she have listed Dad as a contact, or person listed on the pick-up list? I doubt it.

right but I don't believe anything KW says. any way to prove HC had a broken ankle? she has not been a proven liar yet.

Well HC stated herself that she had a broken ankle which is why she didn't make it to court during one of the media interviews. So I took the broken ankle as fact - I guess I am confused by your question - I wasn't questioning whether HC had a broken ankle or not?

and that is to be expected for sure. they should have their home inspected and have an in house service counselor come by periodically/every two weeks or so as well as both family and individual counseling weekly.

Dependency hearing was Monday when the state formally told the court the kids were in state custody. The bio dad filed a petition to gain custody. He might get custody but social services will still be involved for quite awhile I think so the kids can get services or I should say many family members will receive services such as counselling and so forth. Each child will get their own case file along with the mom and dad having separate files too. They archive past contact cases so the judge will be aware of the past. JMO

I don't think its so much she had a bf around. I had my partner around my older ones. but he is not violent and he never even looked at my kids funny. this guy already had a history of abuse and previous accusations. what accusation was there about dads gf?

We don't know. I did read that one of the children drew her picture in a negative light. I can't lay my fingers on the article right now, but will try and find.

Or maybe they had one of those households where children were allowed to run around in their underwear vs pj's/play clothes. I say this b/c I have a family member I regularly reported on social media for posting pics of their two young girls only in panties. I realize money for "play clothes/laundry" was likely an issue, but family had sent them clothing and numerous members had discussed the dangers of posting pics like that. *Sigh* The children now live with a grandparent- very happily.

Yet another good hypothesis. . Like I said, I knew my theory was waaayy out there, but then again these two seem capable of just about anything so let's just say it wouldn't entirely surprise me if EK had taken advantage of other kids before too. Disturbing at the least that the 10 yr old reporting seeing an oral sex act. EK Doesn't strike as a sexual predator per se, but crime of opportunity. Prob done when high. Who knows. Doesn't matter as much why. He did it atleast once and once is one time too many. I just hope all the charges hold and he spends the rest of his life in prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...that's kinda creepy looking. It looks like a little girl's hair bow. I'm a guy so I'm not over familiar with women's hair bows but does that look a little too juvenile to anyone else?

Yes, not to mention an extreme fashion no-no! JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I prob read it too fast and missed the point, wouldn't be the first time :)

Well HC stated herself that she had a broken ankle which is why she didn't make it to court during one of the media interviews. So I took the broken ankle as fact - I guess I am confused by your question - I wasn't questioning whether HC had a broken ankle or not?

I am glad people of the community will be able to pay there respects and get some semblance of closure. I don't know what the plan is on whether the mother will be there or not during the public showing but I can't imagine not being near my child while strangers (even with the sincere and kindest intentions )view or pay respects. Also, I know there will be a great deal of LE protection but I pray it doesn't turn into anything that would take away from the respect and love little Mariah deserves.

Yes, but you also wouldn't have allowed your child to be dropped into a creek and left to decompose all alone, in the cold dark water...

She should be embarrassed to show her face.

right but I don't believe anything KW says. any way to prove HC had a broken ankle? she has not been a proven liar yet.

Why is this relevant to Mariah's death? Sorry to many people going in circles with what happened with CPS a year ago but the fact is that she was return to her mother and she died in her care.

that could have been at mom's behest. or kid could have been influenced by mom.

one time my 9 year old step son drew a pic of his family as homework on a Tuesday night and wed dad picks him up from school. it was dad, mom, his siblings from mom's house and my 4 year old, with my 4 year old crossed out. now, I didn't care me and my older sons weren't on it. but I know he didn't choose to cross out his baby brother. I know she told him to. and my relationship with this child is great.

We don't know. I did read that one of the children drew her picture in a negative light. I can't lay my fingers on the article right now, but will try and find.

my reason for talking about it is now, the siblings are being considered for placement and the dads gf is being called into question for being safe.

Why is this relevant to Mariah's death? Sorry to many people going in circles with what happened with CPS a year ago but the fact is that she was return to her mother and she died in her care.

I want to make it very clear I am in no way defending the mother here - but we have a problem with mom letting a boyfriend move in and be around the children - why do we not have a problem with bio dad moving in with a girlfriend and being around the children. The papers stated she did not want his girlfriend to watch the kids while he was at work. I think that is a legit reason - though of course we don't know if that was really a truthful reason on her part or not.

Well, unless KW was seriously dating EK for many months before she left her husband, that situation occurred with no previous regular dating and proper introduction to the kids. She seems to have moved straight into a place with him the moment she left her husband.

What many members here have taken issue with is the lack of care taken with getting to know who your kids are going to be living with.

I don't have a clue if he was paying support or not - nothing in the custody documents indicated he was paying support. Really doesn't matter my point is we tend to not have a problem with dad moving in with girlfriend - but have a problem with mom moving in with a guy.

I think the reason people are critical of mom moving her boyfriend in is that he seemed to be a low life, criminal, lazy type of guy with a bad temper.

Did the bio-dad have a violent temper, no job and a criminal history? I am not sure.

What's this about a suitcase?

From the very beginning we read she had borrowed a suitcase from someone prior to a potential Thanksgiving trip. It's back in the first thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member