Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

Did I miss something? Everyone keeps asking Deacon's opinion. Just curious why? Not that it's a problem, genuinely curious

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I suspect it's s/he's area of expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgrove View Post
Just landed. No verdict yet???

You've made me chuckle, Tealgrove... When people land at the airport the first people they usually text are family and loved ones saying they have landed safely. But you? Hot onto WS. I bet you couldn't wait! I'd be the same! ;) Its getting to be a nail-biter.

LOL. I know. It’s been on my mind all day. I want to see it done and I sincerely want the Babcock’s to see closure. It must be agonizing for them.

FWIW’s first text was to family and then my post.

My family doesn’t understand my “hobby” either. They just shake their heads and walk away. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jury, please take all the time that you need to get this right, and as the saying goes 'don't leave any stone unturned'. Unique case that it is, IMO still screams M1 for both. A part of reflective, holiday thoughts will be with the Babcock family, at this time of year for justice served.

I thought the same until I noticed MS started talking about " bones" for testing when it was still the homemade incinerator, which always was referred to as a garbage incinerator. It wasn't until the Eliminator that the pet cremation business was mentioned. MOO

May 25 12:06 pm Smich texts Millard: “Well there's no point of goin till its ready. And we gotta bring something with bones in it."

Great observation.
Absolutely knew ahead of time.

I found this to be interesting given all the discussions around Code's rulings and charge.

[FONT=&quot]In early 2008, he was appointed by the Attorney-General for Ontario to conduct a policy review, together with former Chief Justice Patrick LeSage, Q.C., of the problems associated with overly long and complex criminal trials, and was asked to make recommendations for change. The resulting Report of the Review of Long and Complex Criminal Case Procedures proposed various ways to make the criminal trial process more effective and efficient, placing emphasis on the need for high standards of ethics and professionalism amongst lawyers. He is now a judge sitting in Toronto on the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.[/FONT]

Source: https://www.law.utoronto.ca/faculty-staff/adjunct-visiting-faculty/michael-code

I was also starting to wonder about the jury not having any questions in a few days

To me it either means they are clicking along and being thorough OR it means there are a few hold outs that need convincing.

I'm assuming there aren't hold outs to convince thorough or else there would be questions coming back for clarification, IMO.

First thing first, Welcome.

* respectfully snipped

I thought the same until I noticed MS started talking about " bones" for testing when it was still the homemade incinerator, which always was referred to as a garbage incinerator. It wasn't until the Eliminator that the pet cremation business was mentioned. MOO

May 25 12:06 pm Smich texts Millard: “Well there's no point of goin till its ready. And we gotta bring something with bones in it."

Thank you for the welcome.

First off, I agree they are both guilty. But, when MS exactly knew and had agreed to help fulfill DM's darkest desires and plans, is up for debate. "Bones" can still mean animals and the whole angle of pet cremation and "cheapening out" first by a homemade incinerator could make sense. Then DM had MS researching the professional/Eliminator one, passes this information onto SS to order, then deciding size etc. The zinger was "some chopping wood be necessary" and I have read here that it was not "wood" he meant, but "would" (of human limbs) that was inferred. They couldn't even pose that question to the street slang/underworld language person (sorry, I forget the expert's actual title), because even that expert would not be able to positively say that is what was truly meant.

As far as the jury can see, this was all DM and SS on The Eliminator purchase and TD kind of drove that home, no?

It feels like a long time, because we're all anxious for the result. But statistically, it isn't long - not yet. Four to five days is average for murder trials in Canada - I looked this up during the Bosma trial and can't cite the source of the stat now, but I confirmed it by checking out some other cases (the Oland trial in NB, for example, was 4 full days - and I think a bit of a fifth day but could be wrong about that).

This jury has been out for 3 days, but there are also two accused, so that would imply some further deliberation time. I would not be worried until they were into something like the seventh or eighth day.

But I hope it's MUCH sooner!
Totally agree. The TB Jury was out for 5 days. It can't help but be a bit more complex with 2 accused and piles of circumstantial evidence to pour thru. However, with that being said, I would not be surprised to see a verdict today. IMHO, they fast tracked DM to M1. The Crown packaged their case against him nicely and IMHO, there's no one who could actually believe that LB is still alive. She loved her family and at least one of her friends would have heard from her. I think DM's "she's alive" defence probably didn't sit that well with them. They have a copy of the letter he sent mentioning "the night LB disappeared". MS on the other hand poses much more of a problem, but I have faith they've seen thru it all and can see his involvement. Here's to 2 M1's asap:)

I'm hardly an expert, but I have conducted a few jury trials over the years, but I'm out of it now and following along just like everyone else here.

As I suspected. Thank you for your contributions here. They have been very informative and appreciated. :)

Apparently MS's sister was an acquaintance of MWJ, so I have to wonder if that gun was transferred back to MWJ via MS's sister or his pot smoking pal B Daly, or either one could have disposed of the gun anywhere. Daly testified in TB's trial and suggested to MS to dress as a city worker and go out and bury it somewhere. So many sketchy, untruthful testimonies in both trials...who to believe, what to believe. Speaking of sketchy, has anyone who's been to the courthouse/room seen this face around awaiting verdicts? If I'm not mistaken, I think it's Rabbit. Has MS's mother returned since her fiasco with the cameraman? MOO.

He testified that he told Smich he could dress like a city worker and go out and bury the gun somewhere. In its opening address, the Crown said Smich told his girlfriend that the gun was buried. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...ept-gun-in-toolbox-friend-testifies-1.3521414
attachment.php
Is that a picture of DM s mother? where did you find it ? .they had no photos of her at the court house.

Jury, please take all the time that you need to get this right, and as the saying goes 'don't leave any stone unturned'. Unique case that it is, IMO still screams M1 for both. A part of reflective, holiday thoughts will be with the Babcock family, at this time of year for justice served.

Agree fully, jury take your time. And hearts and thoughts for the Babcock family.

It's a smart jury. But you know there are members on it that are thinking--even though they ought not--and coming from a position that if MS was their son, brother, nephew, grandkid. I understand the video was played a lot and the lyrics mentioned many times. Make no mistake though that TD made an impression on them with not only his closing, but not calling evidence, asking few questions, MS sitting quietly. Even though the closing is not to be used as evidence, TD was very effective and economical with what he did. It is hard to unhear that and they even wanted to read it again.

I really would love LE to have pulled a complete google search history from the ip addresses associated with DMs address. I am sure it would have been very interesting. I never saw any sign of this in the media. I am pretty sure a warrant could have been obtained to request such a thing IIRC. Can anyone else confirm if this was done or even can be done from Canada?

Bravo to all that still have the energy to sleuth, and to speculate on where the jury are at. Personally, this trial has me mentally drained like no other and all I can do now is hit the refresh button, far more often than is sensible, looking for that elusive tweet that verdicts are ready.

Photo of DM mother, wow. All I can say is that that does not seem to be a healthy relationship and I don't even want to know. Having DM as your son is a living hell if you ask me. Same goes for CN as a daughter, though she's completely fooled her parents it seems.

Is that a picture of DM s mother? where did you find it ? .they had no photos of her at the court house.

It doesn't look like any pictures that I have seen of her but it's a difficult picture to assess.

IMHO, I think that most people take the responsibility of being a juror extremely seriously, and, as such, I believe that they want to be extremely diligent and review all the evidence and the Judge’s charge. All of that information would take a very long time to consider. Even if most of the jurors had already made up their minds, I think that they would want to invest all the time they could in deliberating until they are satisfied that they have done everything that is required. Certainly a very heavy burden. I personally don’t think they have been out very long at all considering all that should be discussed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back