Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a really hard time with the idea that if he killed her somewhere else and wanted to kill himself too that he would also hang her dead body next to him. "Togetherness" is a stretch.

It is a very serious possibility that this is a staged scene where the intent was to make it look like they had mutually decided to commit suicide, but in fact both were murdered.

The motives seem like they would be a mile long so take your pick.

Killing them both = equal to Winters family grief of losing both so quickly together.
"See how YOU like it" kind of thing.

Have a really hard time with the idea that if he killed her somewhere else and wanted to kill himself too that he would also hang her dead body next to him. "Togetherness" is a stretch.

It is a very serious possibility that this is a staged scene where the intent was to make it look like they had mutually decided to commit suicide, but in fact both were murdered.

The motives seem like they would be a mile long so take your pick.

I need to research the background more before I can offer a rational speculation. That said, my first impression is a professional hit. Given this was a low railing along a pool, I see these bodies left as an intentional, grisly “display”. This was revenge.

The Winter case is interesting, but I agree, not legally viable. For one thing, It was launched in 2007, over 30 years too late for any legal remedy. You can't sue in middle age for every bit of bad luck in your childhood that you think deprived you of the life you could have had, imagine how clogged the courts would be.

I also don't think that case would have preyed on Barry Sherman's mind unduly, he had his own family, friends, philanthropic activities, was probably on numerous boards of directors, a very full life. Something more basic happened for him to give it all up, allegedly kill his wife, hurt his family, abandon his proud legacy, basically declare none of it had any value to him.

The Winter case is interesting, but I agree, not legally viable. For one thing, It was launched in 2007, over 30 years too late for any legal remedy. You can't sue in middle age for every bit of bad luck in your childhood that you think deprived you of the life you could have had, imagine how clogged the courts would be.

I also don't think that case would have preyed on Barry Sherman's mind unduly, he had his own family, friends, philanthropic activities, was probably on numerous boards of directors, a very full life. Something more basic happened for him to give it all up, allegedly kill his wife, hurt his family, abandon his proud legacy, basically declare none of it had any value to him.

Or they were both murdered. Political motive is my current favorite. He had just won a lawsuit, was building a new house, and had a vacation planned. His life was going well. By his own words, he was motivated by achievement and he had just WON a lawsuit. These bodies were staged. The motives for murder are aplenty.

https://ipolitics.ca/2016/11/04/democracy-watch-wants-2015-trudeau-fundraiser-investigated/

I think that was a trivial event, the rules on political fundraising had just changed and not everyone realized it.

To tie it to a murder plot years later doesn't fly for me, I get an image of Stephen Harper in a cardigan dropping into the mansion from a hole he's cut into the roof. But wait, he accidently left some notes for his new book on the war of 1812 at the scene.

If you are THAT connected to the Prime Minister, then God only knows what other kind of connections you have in that arena. I don't mean to tie it specifically to that event, I am just saying this is a guy who is connected at the highest levels politically.

This is one of the few cases where the exotic motives actually become more probable than usual. This guy was connected at the highest echelons of Canadian politics and Society. God knows the number of reasons someone would have for wanting him gone. What if Trudeau found out that he had lost his support? And that this billionaire plans to back a rival? Just trying to point out that the motives here for murder are a mile long and the scene of the crime seems probable to have been largely staged. Very well could be double murder.

Dying in the house no matter how it happened might hurt the sale of the house.....just saying......revenge even after death????

No it had been pointed out that this particular house was cheap by billionaire standards.

I want to know COD on the wife and toxicology on the husband. Maybe the husband accidentally killed her during an argument then hung himself out of remorse? That might explain the move to the pool area, maybe it represented a location they shared good times in the past? The double hanging does seem to signal togetherness, commonality.

He thinks so little of her that he kills her, but he also has the heart and commonality to drag her down to the basement and hang her next to him? When people kill themselves they do it in a place that they are comfortable and familiar with. I really doubt this billionaires go to place would have been his lap pool in the basement of a house that he was selling. And dragging the dead wife down there and hanging her up simply out of the good of your soul and wanting to be together seems like a very very long stretch.

Noting.
Google.
Hanukkah 2017 began in the evening ofTuesday

, December 12

and ends in the evening ofWednesday

, December 20

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/12/no-suicides-dont-rise-during-the-holidays/419436/
[h=1]No, Suicides Don't Rise During the Holidays[/h]

According to the CDC, November and December are the months with the fewest suicides. The overwhelming majority of people who kill themselves are mentally ill. For people who otherwise feel fine year-round, feeling mildly down in December is simply not enough to prompt suicide. The stress we associate with the holiday season isn’t the kind of stress that leads to suicide, as Christine Moutier, a psychiatrist and the chief medical officer with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, told NPR. Instead, people are driven to end their lives because of factors like genetics, trauma, mental illness, and access to guns.

I wonder what they were found wearing? Clothes, swim wear, sleep wear?

Dying in the house no matter how it happened might hurt the sale of the house.....just saying......revenge even after death????

Not to mention that poor real estate woman, cannot imagine the shock and horror of coming across not one, but two bodies left in that state.That actually could have triggered a heart attack in a susceptible person.
Wondering if she was with clients at the time, hope she is okay.
imo, speculation.

Not to mention that poor real estate woman, cannot imagine the shock and horror of coming across not one, but two bodies left in that state.That actually could have triggered a heart attack in a susceptible person.
Wondering if she was with clients at the time, hope she is okay.
imo, speculation.

I can’t imagine. I do wonder if seeing them sitting on the edge that she first thought they had been swimming. And then..... we hear medical complaint.

I can’t imagine. Poor thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members