Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so Honey was dragged or lifted and carried to the pool area, after her death ? IDK about a murder suicide. Barry was smart enough to know LE would see that Honey had been killed elsewhere ? Curious to know if they had their cell phones near them ? If they had cell phones, were the phones located, and who was the last contact on each phone ?

It doesn't really matter what police think after a murder suicide. For whatever reason, as a murder suicide, at least one person was staged / posed looking over the pool. As a double murder, both were staged / posed in that position. They were meant to be found in the same positions for some reason.

No, those are the damages. So it means it the deficient work out the Shermans out of pocket about $2 million and they were entitled to reimbursement. In a situation like that the homeowner is always better off, financially and mentally, to get it done right the first time. A lawsuit very rarely puts you ahead of the game; it is to make you whole.

I find that difficult to believe. A house that cost 2.5 million to build, had to have 2 million in remedial work to make it right? Are there no building inspectors in Canada?

I find that difficult to believe. A house that cost 2.5 million to build, had to have 2 million in remedial work to make it right? Are there no building inspectors in Canada?

Then you explain the quantum of damages.

JMO. The jackets: If you hung yourself the jackets would have been off in an effort to free yourself.Unless whoever murdered them had bound them over their jackets.
Since the railings are by the pool, and I'm assuming the pool was full due to the open house, they would have been wet due to the railings being in close proximity to it.
I was leaning towards the cousins as having hired someone.
With what I've seen on the internet about their international connections to other world leaders. I'm leaning towards way higher up the power chain although I have no definitive proof.
I'm proposing that it was a hired hit with a message that we just don't know yet.
It was a few threads back, but I think most definitely it was through that garage.
Someone on here had said they could have driven in with the Shermans.
You also all know that garage doors with a code can be opened with a remote. People drive by homes with these coded garages all the time with remotes to see if they will open.
At my day job, people give me their access codes . Please change your codes regularly, especially after a home service.
This was IMO. No suicide, no suicide-murder. Just plain murder.

plans here - http://media.houssmax.ca/201711/29/5a1f32afd3797.pdf

I may have misinterpreted them, but the placement of the spiral stairs and the lift on the two upper floors look like they correspond with the spiral stairs leading to the sauna room/changing room and the lift more or less being adjacent to the drive way.

Here is the main floor
and lower floor
side by side. I see "lift"in the kitchen, but that looks too small for people - looks more like a dumbwaiter that ends up in the master bedroom dressing room.​

Attachments

• Sherman main-lower floors.jpg
    Sherman main-lower floors.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 253
Wondering at what point in building a house does a swimming pool get installed, is it one of the first dug areas ?
Re post
http://www.metronews.ca/news/toront...sherman-sued-builders-of-north-york-home.html
When Barry and Honey Sherman bought their North York property in 1985, they planned to spend $2.3 million to build their dream home.

But they noticed problems with the home within months of moving in, in 1991, with Barry describing it as “a disaster.”

After litigation against the house’s designers and builders, they wound up recouping $2 million of the contracted amount to construct the home, according to a 2006 judgment.
They went on to sue at least five of the people and companies involved in the home’s design and construction, including Jack Winston Designs, Thomas Marzotto Architects and Ewing Construction.

All but two settled.

The remaining two defendants, 21 Degrees Heating and Air Conditioning and Walter Kenyon of Walter Kenyon Designs, had designed the home’s heating and air conditioning system.

The Shermans sued 21 Degrees and Kenyon for negligence related to the design of the HVAC system, and 21 Degrees for breach of contract.

But LE seems to know that Honey died in another place in the house. So, how did they know this so definitively ? What did the other crime scene look like, I wonder. If LE figures this out so quickly, it must have been somewhat obvious ? So, it kind of defeats the purpose of staging the scene by the pool, with the belts, giving the impression that the COD in BOTH murders was the same ? Really strange, jmo

When you die you lose control of your bodily fluids. The LE would have used UV lights to detect this. IMO

When you die you lose control of your bodily fluids. The LE would have used UV lights to detect this. IMO

That does not happen immediately at the point of death. Of course if you are hanging, it happens sooner, just by the effects of gravity. All nurses know, once the person has been pronounced dead, you have to do the laying out process quite quickly to prevent the seeping of bodily fluids.

It probably is clear glass at the end of the pool, but does it look like a mirror to anyone?
If it is a mirror, it would make me think of what might be seen, if they were facing in that direction...

It is not a mirror, but I do think that is the direction they faced.

Attachments

• Sherman pool plan.jpg
    Sherman pool plan.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 66
Does Canada have Coroners Inquests?

This has probably already been answered, but yes:

"Coroners and the inquest process do not assign blame nor do they charge or punish. They are finders of fact.

Deaths investigated by a coroner are usually classified as suicide, homicide, accidental or undetermined. Unfortunately, some deaths cannot be explained.

The idea behind appointing someone as a coroner to lead the inquest is to ensure independence in the procedure and in the findings. Sometimes families have no answer as to why a loved one died and the inquest can provide it.

Often, the community at large wants to know how and why someone died and the inquest can address that public need.

In most provinces, there is a chief coroner. When faced with an unexplained death, that person decides whether to hold an inquiry or an inquest."

https://www.producer.com/2008/10/coroners-inquest-the-law/

https://web.archive.org/web/2017121...D-Toronto-Ontario-M2L2K1-St-Andrew-Windfields

http://media.houssmax.ca/201711/29/5a1f32afd3797.pdf

After looking at all the pictures of the house and the floor plan I believe the indoor pool room was a dead end room. It appears to have only the one entrance which is the wall that almost looks like a mirrored wall. So as you come around that corner to the last room of the entire house what would you see across the pool room at the hand rail looking back at you?

Pure macabre shock factor in staging their bodies there I think.

I think so too. There's meaning behind where their bodies were placed and only someone who knows them well would be able to figure that out.

This has probably already been answered, but yes:

"Coroners and the inquest process do not assign blame nor do they charge or punish. They are finders of fact.

Deaths investigated by a coroner are usually classified as suicide, homicide, accidental or undetermined. Unfortunately, some deaths cannot be explained.

The idea behind appointing someone as a coroner to lead the inquest is to ensure independence in the procedure and in the findings. Sometimes families have no answer as to why a loved one died and the inquest can provide it.

Often, the community at large wants to know how and why someone died and the inquest can address that public need.

In most provinces, there is a chief coroner. When faced with an unexplained death, that person decides whether to hold an inquiry or an inquest."

https://www.producer.com/2008/10/coroners-inquest-the-law/

our most famous coroner is Dominic Da Vinci. :blushing:

Does anyone here know what time the funeral/memorial service commences Australian Eastern Standard Time?

I notice it's being streamed live. TIA

According to CTV tonight, the children have hired a private investigator due to the fact that the Homicide team do not believe there is a murderer out there. It seems that they are still working with the murder-suicide/suicide-suicide theory.

at
But that could be Barry.

Absolutely. This was their view of the water - not quite Florida.

I wonder if they had a dispute about the new house. It was demolished a couple of weeks ago. It's another big decision, a big expense, and it might take several years before it's built. For a seventy five year old, is that really what he wants to be doing with his time and money?

It is not a mirror, but I do think that is the direction they faced.

Do any of you find this pool area depressing with no tiles around the pool (only drab concrete for such a beautiful home)?

Sherman pool plan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member