Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was part of the killers' plan, to leak right away that it was a murder-suicide, so that would get out in the press first. I would like to know who was responsible for it.

IMO

The murder suicide theory is the first theory released by police. It is not a theory that was leaked by a killer to the media. The police theory has not change after two weeks of investigating.

"Officially, Toronto police have released little information about the deaths, beyond that they were deemed suspicious. But police sources confirm to the Star that police are now probing the possibility that they were a murder-suicide Late Saturday afternoon, the family of Barry and Honey Sherman released a statement saying they don’t believe theory.."

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...gating-death-of-billionaire-and-his-wife.html

I would like to know why the Ontario Health Minister found out about the Shermans' deaths and tweeted about it. I remember seeing the tweet too on the 15th. So the real estate agent knew, the police, the trainer? Who else? Neighbours I suppose.

Barrys sister was playing golf with a Liberal insider, got phone calls from Sherman family members who had heard it from the media and were calling to see what she knew. Whomever she was playing golf with, is also very politically connected, made some phone calls on her behalf. I imagine one of those was to the Health Minister who was no doubt either a friend or good acquaintance of the Shermans.
Their paths would have crossed, if nothing else, over drug policies/contracts.

The fact that his sister was playing golf with a politically connected person, was in MSM.

I hope one good thing to come from this, is that Canadians are no longer paying 20% more than the rest of the world, for these less potent drugs. IMO

Although according to many reports he was a workaholic and often worked 12+ hours a day. It would not be that late if he regularly tied up loose ends in the evening or if he spent all day in the lab and only got to his email at night.

I meant it was late to contact an exec. But then again, as someone pointed out, the exec could be in a different time zone.

We know he wasn’t into chitchat, so it probably had some kind of importance. Whatever it was apparently could not wait until the morning unless the time zone was daytime when he was writing.

B is the building site, A is Corp office, gray dot is their home (crime scene).
d767a333860e84ae9099734145d51732.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I really doubt that a couple in their seventies has any reason to meet an architect at the site of a demolished house after dark in the winter. There's nothing to see, and no reason to be there.
Someone posted above that the meeting was at the building site.

And if you've ever built, you know there are plenty of reasons to meet at the building site. It is much easier to "see" what the layout of the home looks like. Many times they drive stakes in the ground and run string between them so you can see the footprint of the house. Especially if plans keep changing or you're trying to make things work with your lot size.

Billionaire? A billion is one hundred million. And they had more than one billion

I am aware of the math. Makes it even more likely. And estimated wealth was Apotex value not liquidity. Huge difference.

Someone posted above that the meeting was at the building site.

Thanks - I missed that. There must be a link somewhere?

I did a quick search and don't see anything about going to the site of the demolished home at night for any reason. The only source I've seen for meeting with the architect the night of their deaths is the frankmag satire site.

I don't believe that they met at the building site without seeing a reliable source.

a thousand million is a billion

Yes, you are right. I thought 100million was an astronomical amount. But 1,000 million and they had several of those 1000 millions.

Unfathomable to me.

Does it make sense that he was at work, and she was at home, prior to the meeting with the architect? I agree that architects will work later hours to accommodate clients, but I don't see them setting a meeting at 9PM.

I think it makes more sense that they had the meeting, and the email was sent afterward. I think it's conceivable that the email was sent after the wife was murdered.

The architect was going to make a lot of money from this house, he would have accommodated their schedules if necessary. 9pm is not late at all for a meeting. Outside of office hours, yes but everyone knows BS was at work most of the time. Doubt BS would have left early to meet anyone, unless an emergency.

I think this case is so bizarre that no particular scenario makes sense, at least not with the little bit of information we have. I would think the ME knew Day 1, but is likely awaiting toxicology reports and a completed police report before any official statement. No idea what the roof and sewer and car searching is about.

What if LE cannot find Honey's car keys ? What if that is one mistake the killers made ? Did one of them take her keys so she could not drive away, or did he pick them up and put them in his pocket after she was surprised in the driveway, or doorway, and dropped them ? Maybe he/she intended to put them back in Honey's purse, but forgot, and left with them. That is just the kind of one stupid mistake that even the most clever high level hit man could make under the stress of quickly moving her inside, and killing her right away. All speculation, but what fairly small metal thing ( they used large magnets for the sewer search, but it had to be small enough to slip through the grates ) could be missing that LE would be looking for ? Why on the roof ? I have heard that sometimes criminals will throw someone's keys up on a roof so they cannot use them again in an effort to get away. IMO

Thanks for that map. That is quite a long drive. Unfortunately we have no info that the meeting happened. It would seem if it was at the site it would have to be daylight. But if it was at the architect’s office, where is that?

The architect was going to make a lot of money from this house, he would have accommodated their schedules if necessary. 9pm is not late at all for a meeting. Outside of office hours, yes but everyone knows BS was at work most of the time. Doubt BS would have left early to meet anyone, unless an emergency.

What were they doing with the architect at an empty lot at night?

Question about the dots. Isn't their current home in North York, and the new house in Forest Hills?
Wouldn't that make the grey dot the building site?

Does it make sense that he was at work, and she was at home, prior to the meeting with the architect? I agree that architects will work later hours to accommodate clients, but I don't see them setting a meeting at 9PM.

I think it makes more sense that they had the meeting, and the email was sent afterward. I think it's conceivable that the email was sent after the wife was murdered.

bbm

I think so too. We don't know how many hours elapsed between her death and his. He could have killed her Wed. night and killed himself Thur morning or Thur night. At any rate I could see him tying up loose ends before he killed himself. Last minute instructions, that sort of thing.

JMO

I am still wondering, if this meeting took place, where did they eat? If it was at the office, then it could be anytime. If it was daylight, did they go to a restaurant? Did they go home to eat? If they went to a restaurant, how did they seem?

It could be that they went to the architect. But then again, why would the architect not come to their house?

I meant it was late to contact an exec. But then again, as someone pointed out, the exec could be in a different time zone.

We know he wasn’t into chitchat, so it probably had some kind of importance. Whatever it was apparently could not wait until the morning unless the time zone was daytime when he was writing.

It’s not late to contact an executive at all. The mindset is you work 24/7 at that level. Again my experience, evening or late night is a good time to work with few, if any, distractions.

I assumed the 8:30 pm email was sent from home, not from work!

I really doubt that a couple in their seventies has any reason to meet an architect at the site of a demolished house after dark in the winter. There's nothing to see, and no reason to be there.

They could have met in the architects office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname