Found Alive TX - Courtney Roland, 29, Houston, 6 Jan 2018

"Courtney texted her friend that a suspicious blue truck was following her after she left the Walgreens. Her friend told KAGS Courtney texted her that the truck followed her to her apartment, drove around the block, and then came back, parking directly behind her. Courtney then told friends she exited her car and the other driver was “scared off.” Afterwards, Courtney texted her friend that she wanted to meet up and hasn’t been heard from since.

Courtney’s friend told KAGS a missing person’s report was filed with Houston Police at roughly 4pm on Sunday.

According to a Facebook post from Kathryn Chiles, claiming to be posting for the Roland family, Courtney was last seen in the Heights area of Houston. Chiles says Courtney sent her roommate a text that she was being followed by a suspicious man in a blue truck."

Aggie Football reporter goes missing in Houston area
http://www.kagstv.com/news/local/aggie-football-reporter-goes-missing-in-houston-area/506061422

"Roland was last seen around 12:30am Sunday morning at the Walgreens at 20th and Yale St., in Houston, according to a friend who spoke with KAGS but wishes to remain anonymous. She was wearing a Remington hat and camo, and driving a white Jeep Cherokee, according to friends."

http://www.kagstv.com/news/local/aggie-football-reporter-goes-missing-in-houston-area/506061422

attachment.php

Attachments

• roland00000000_1515389836006_12311750_ver1.0.jpg
    roland00000000_1515389836006_12311750_ver1.0.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 279
Hmmmmmmmmm:

"Officials with Houston police had not confirmed the missing person's report as of late Sunday."

Aggie, sports reporter missing; texted that she was being followed in Houston
http://www.theeagle.com/townnews/in...cle_160518a6-f434-11e7-be52-1f85fb64adb7.html

ABC13 said it WAS confirmed her family filed a missing report:

The family has filed a missing persons report with Houston police, officials confirmed.
http://abc13.com/family-searching-for-missing-journalist-last-seen-in-houston/2879432/

:scared:

Double head spin lol - I can't even follow the timeline now...too many conflicting bits.

Yeah, agreed, we will see what tomorrow brings.

Surely if she was OK she would have contacted somebody by now (unless she has taken a voluntary disappearance)?

Again, my guess is maybe this Galleria area sighting is yet to be confirmed?

Idk...

Is this the Walgreens? Assuming so...

https://www.walgreens.com/locator/walgreens-200+w+20th+st-houston-tx-77008/id=13786

WalgreensStore #13786

200 W 20TH ST
Houston, TX77008

Cross streets: Southwest corner OF YALE & 20TH

(O/T, I saw an awful case on Forensic Files the other day where a woman went out to pick up pancakes from IHOP early one morning. Someone(s) at the IHOP saw her there, followed her back to her motel room and abducted her as she was exiting her vehicle to go back inside. She was found deceased. They took her to a secluded location, raped her, then burned the poor lady alive in her trunk. Her cousin, iirc, with whom she was very close, waited and waited for her to come back from IHOP, she was supposed to be right back... :( The hotel ended up having some really grainy vehicle footage...)

Her fb
https://www.facebook.com/courtney.roland.50

There is so little of information being given to us. At this point, ignore the blue truck until it can be confirmed. I wonder if she has been upset lately. Any new changes?

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

According to this fb profile, she lives in College Station, TX and is from Houston, TX, but the last activity was June 2016 so possibly outdated info.

Is this the Walgreens? Assuming so...

https://www.walgreens.com/locator/walgreens-200+w+20th+st-houston-tx-77008/id=13786

WalgreensStore #13786

200 W 20TH ST
Houston, TX77008

Cross streets: Southwest corner OF YALE & 20TH

(O/T, I saw an awful case on Forensic Files the other day where a woman went out to pick up pancakes from IHOP early one morning. Someone(s) at the IHOP saw her there, followed her back to her motel room and abducted her as she was exiting her vehicle to go back inside. She was found deceased. They took her to a secluded location, raped her, then burned the poor lady alive in her trunk. Her cousin, iirc, with whom she was very close, waited and waited for her to come back from IHOP, she was supposed to be right back... :( The hotel ended up having some really grainy vehicle footage...)
Is this IHOP by the Walgreens, or just a similar scenario that you find plausible? I can add to the discussion as a (albeit, fairly recent) Houstonian I would feel safest in the Heights compared to most. Very well-off up and coming area. The Galleria area is also a close second (IMO)... [emoji21]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Is this IHOP by the Walgreens, or just a similar scenario that you find plausible? I can add to the discussion as a (albeit, fairly recent) Houstonian I would feel safest in the Heights than any other area. The Galleria area is also a great area compared to others... [emoji21]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Oh, all that about IHOP was a completely different case, nothing to do with the case at hand, but I'm just thinking that could it be possible someone did indeed follow her home from the Walgreens, as did happen in that other case I saw...

And the person then even knew where she lived and/or could have come back?

Any sign of forced entry? Was the roommate home? So many questions. Again, trying to refrain from any speculation until more facts come out. Way too little info right now...

If her car really was broken into some weeks before, maybe the perpetrator is her stalker.

Or perhaps he took something from the car like a garage door opener or something to get inside her home. I’m not sure what kind of apartment she has but I’ve lived in some that have a garage below.

Also, I’ve read on Facebook that some criminals have devices that can read the code that your key fob sends to your car when you lock it (by pushing the fob and it beeps). The device lets them re-open the car without a key because they just stole your code.

Could it be that she thought she had chased him off only to go back to the car later where he was laying in wait inside?

*side note: police advise to lock your car manually by clicking the lock button on the inside of your car door when you leave and walk away. This way, no code is sent and therefore cannot be stolen and broken into by a predator!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If her car really was broken into some weeks before, maybe the perpetrator is her stalker.

Or perhaps he took something from the car like a garage door opener or something to get inside her home. I’m not sure what kind of apartment she has but I’ve lived in some that have a garage below.

Also, I’ve read on Facebook that some criminals have devices that can read the code that your key fob sends to your car when you lock it (by pushing the fob and it beeps). The device lets them re-open the car without a key because they just stole your code.

Could it be that she thought she had chased him off only to go vs k to the car later where he was laying in wait inside?

*side note: police advise to lock your car manually by clicking the lock button on the inside of your car door when you leave and walk away. This way, no code is sent and therefore cannot be stolen and broken into by a predator!!!!

Yes, they have such readers for garage doors as well. Dangerous bc some people don't lock the house door once they close the garage door behind them. One can get a scrambler for the garage code to offset this capability of criminals being able to store the code.

Mods, get ready, because if she isn't found by tomorrow, you guys are going to be busy, I suspect...moo.

:gomods:

Courtney's case is literally going viral overnight it seems; I'm seeing articles being generated all over the world.

Update
d5cafcf8c8e7f15daf982435b89a0ca7.jpg

"Roland’s roommate also told Click 2 Houston that Roland had been on high alert for weeks after someone broke into her car.

Several of Roland’s colleagues took to Twitter to ask for help finding her."

Texas A&M football reporter vanishes after covering football camp
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/0...er-vanishes-after-covering-football-camp.html

Courtney's case is about to explode with publicity imo, and it's going to explode big, jmo. Get ready.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back