Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until then, I guess it's a good time for me to say, I'm no longer leaning toward hate crime. I've also ruled out ransom in my list because I can't think of a plausible scenario for ransom with a high school buddy involved.

I think LE knows who they're dealing with. I think LE knows the how and maybe the why of what happened that night. But I don't think they have much direction (at least as far as we know) where BB might be. I think they're building their case, but primarily, working to locate BB.

I think we'll learn more later, how instrumental the parents have been to the investigation.

I imagine they used that term liberally...
as a frame of reference...

Because Disneyland is in Anaheim...

and most people know Disneyland...

Just a guess...

:thinking:

Anaheim is a place most people know as far as location. Foothill Ranch isn't really that far but most people wouldn't know where that was. I think Irvine would have described it better tho. At least they didn't say
Los Angeles!

This is not the first time I've seen this bit about FRL....

On January 3, Blaze Bernstein of Foothill Ranch went missing near the Foothill Ranch Library in Lake Forest.

https://patch.com/california/lakeforest-ca/local-lake-forest-man-missing

Where did the detail about him going missing near the library originate??? I find it interesting since it's not a stretch to consider the library would likely have free wifi.....no??? Maybe it was assumed early on and grew legs...since THAT article IS dated January 5.

:thinking:

The library shares a fence with the Borrego Park...
(I sleuthed this past Sunday...)

so... The little Borrego Park is LITERALLY near Foothill Ranch Library...

additionally...
this park shares a fence with an elementary school on the other side...

FYI...

The library shares a fence with the Borrego Park...
(I sleuthed this past Sunday...)

so... The little Borrego Park is LITERALLY near Foothill Ranch Library...

additionally...
this park shares a fence with an elementary school on the other side...

FYI...

Last year, my daughter went to the school that is next to that park. The library is on the corner then the park and then the elementary school. It’s all houses after that, but there is a good sized business park on the other side of Bake Pkwy(the Main Street)

I was referring to the parents. Didn't they say the text made them think foul play?

Now I'm also confused whether this was msm or sm info :facepalm: Anyone remembers?

In a Facebook post on Friday, Gideon Bernstein wrote: "Just to demystify some of the comments you may have heard: He is considered a missing person. We believe that he may just be hiding / staying somewhere close by. He was with a high school friend prior to his disappearance and we believe he was planning to come back home that night since he left his wallet and glasses at home. There is no clear motive and he was in good spirits that evening."

http://www.phillyvoice.com/drones-search-missing-penn-student-california-park/

Last year, my daughter went to the school that is next to that park. The library is on the corner then the park and then the elementary school. It’s all houses after that, but there is a good sized business park on the other side of Bake Pkwy(the Main Street)

Believe it or not I had my first gun pulled out on me at a park near Lake Forest about 6 years ago.
Went to buy weed. But they just wanted my money.

LOL. Hook-ups aren’t exclusive to gay men. In fact, the prevalence of so-called dating apps makes it much, much easier for everyone.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.datingadvice.com/online-dating/best-sex-apps/amp

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/life/sex-and-relationships/best-sex-apps-98365

rssb

Straight people cruising in dark places for see is not a phenomena except when prostitutes are involved. And otherwise responsible people may sometimes engage in seemingly dangerous behaviors if those behaviors are cultural. I don't think engaging in such behaviors makes a person bad either.

In a Facebook post on Friday, Gideon Bernstein wrote: "Just to demystify some of the comments you may have heard: He is considered a missing person. We believe that he may just be hiding / staying somewhere close by. He was with a high school friend prior to his disappearance and we believe he was planning to come back home that night since he left his wallet and glasses at home. There is no clear motive and he was in good spirits that evening."

http://www.phillyvoice.com/drones-search-missing-penn-student-california-park/
(bolded by me)

This strikes me as contradictory. I don't think he's lying. I think he's saying what he can say, then unconsciously giving a hint about his true belief. My opinion only.

I'm telling you in the interview the parents clearly said "He"

Folks, I wasn't questioning that the friend is a male, just confirming what that poster said about it being on the FB family page in the beginning of Blaze's disappearance, that the driver was female. I was glad to know that it wasnt just me that saw those posts, and they were at teh beginning of the investigation. A couple of the folks who mentioned it on that page were alledged locals.

We all know now it was a male. Sorry for the confusion.

Believe it or not I had my first gun pulled out on me at a park near Lake Forest about 6 years ago.
Went to buy weed. But they just wanted my money.

That's scary I'm glad your ok. I hope they didn't get much. Your safety is number one.

Thieves think people in south county have lots of money.

(bolded by me)

This strikes me as contradictory. I don't think he's lying. I think he's saying what he can say, then unconsciously giving a hint about his true belief. My opinion only.

That was posted Friday right?

Folks, I wasn't questioning that the friend is a male, just confirming what that poster said about it being on the FB family page in the beginning of Blaze's disappearance, that the driver was female. I was glad to know that it wasnt just me that saw those posts, and they were at teh beginning of the investigation. A couple of the folks who mentioned it on that page were alledged locals.

We all know now it was a male. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries. At this point who knows this story keeps changing at every turn. I'm getting frustrated. I just want Blaze home safely.

I wonder how LE found out who drove him in the first place and got all the info. Does anyone know?

I wonder if the driver came forward when they heard he was missing or if LE tracked the person down?

It's unclear to me what the HUFBB Facebook group is for. They are shutting down and calling out people if it's not a prayer of if it's not about the flyer. I get it, the family is religious, most of the people posting there seem to be religious, but some other people have very reasonable things to say about the case and they are shut down. Like, who in their right mind would want to mean any harm by posting their opinion, or by trying to give clues? Sometimes the seemingly most unimportant information can be the actual key that was looked over. I've read some really good leads there and the people who wrote them are all called out on speculation. None of them were speculating since they were using the information available to the public. Of course there are people playing the detective, but everyone just wants this young man to get home safe and sound. None of them mean any harm. Also, a LOT of information is being held back. Compared to the Texas news reporter case which was detailed, even describing the vehicle which allegedly followed her, in Blaze's case there is almost nothing to form a conclusive theory on. Only the story told by the driver to the police. A search activity without any (public) result and that's it. I left the HUFBB group, because it's pointless to ask for help and then turn people down when they want to. That should be a page asking to print and distribute flyers. A lot of people were offering help to actually go there and help with the search. They refused that too, which was understandable at the start for the possibility of crucial evidence getting destroyed, but now it's been almost a week already with zero results (at least not public ones).

Maybe someone should start a different one.

I hate to mention this, but BB looks young for his age imo. With some of his social media dealings/possible relationships, do you think there could be a chance of somebody wanting him for the sex trade? Sorry. I just keep trying to put together why he would go into the wilderness at night (if true) and never be seen again.

What sex trade? There really is zero sex trade involving white, middle or upper class young men snatched off the street. Zero. The sex trade involves voluntary prostitution, prostitutes forced to work for pimps, undocumented persons forced to work as prostitutes and hand their money over to pimps, or at risk/runaway minors, the bulk of whom are from economically disadvantaged, dysfunctional homes, the majority of whom are ethnic minorities, and many of whom already have addiction or other mental health issues, who are lured into "the life".

There is no shadowy sex trade involving "white slavery" that snatches "nice" middle class, blonde, 34 year old soccer moms off the street or well-to-do, white college boys, and sells them for sex. There's a lot of movies about such scenarios but little real evidence to make that a remote possibility.

If he was a 15 year old black girl from a poor, single parent household, a history of abuse and neglect and deprivation, known to use drugs, who ran away and disappeared? Yeah, sex trade would be at the forefront of my suspicions.

Not here.

I wonder how LE found out who drove him in the first place and got all the info. Does anyone know?

Yes, parents somehow accessed Blaze's snapchat and found the driver had been messaged.

Yes, its been reported in multiple media reports, that the parents dug into BB's online activity and found messages between driver friend and BB. That's how parents know of driver friend's identity.

Hi all, Brand new here. Only found this forum because Blaze is missing from my neighborhood. I haven't read through all sixty some odd pages, but wanted to clarify some stuff I know just from living in Foothill Ranch.

There are two parks with the name "Borrego" in them. Borrego Overlook park is higher up in the residential area. It is smaller and can only be accessed through the neighborhood. This is NOT where he was last seen. Where he was last reported to be seen is Borrego Park. It sits between the local elementary school and the library. You can access it from the school, library, neighborhood and from the backside. The backside walking trail leads down a rather steep, long path to a shopping center. This trail can not be accessed by cars. The shopping center is adjacent to the entrance to Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park.

To get to Borrego Park by car, you go down a driveway that immediately comes to a "T". To the left is the library parking lot, to the right is a small parking lot for the park. The library DOES have surveillance cameras pointed at the library parking lot (aimed at the book drop in the library parking lot). These cameras may be able to see the driveway that leads to both the library and the park, but it is doubtful (due to the way it is laid out) that they will see anything in the park parking lot or park itself.

The parking lot for the park sits at one end of the park. The bathroom is right up against the parking lot. It remains unlocked at night. The playground sits right behind the bathroom. In the middle of the park is a large soccer field. Behind the soccer field is the walking trail to shopping center. There are lights by the parking lot and along the path that leads to the walking trail on the backside of the park. The other side of the park (by school) is VERY dark at night, but it is quite a distance from the parking lot (across a soccer field). The park itself is very flat. There are no houses that back to this park. It is doubtful noise from this park could be heard by any of the homes by the park unless it was something very loud like a gunshot. This is a popular park for walking during the day, but is very quiet at night.

The industrial park (where the Kawasaki building is) sits lower than the park. This area is called FootHILL Ranch for a reason. Lots of slopes and hills.

Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park sits in a valley between the two neighborhoods in Foothill Ranch. There are a lot of trails in the park and lots of areas that are inaccessible too. I've seen a lot of people call it a "forest" and although it has trees, it has far more brush, cactus, shrubs, etc. The park is home to lots of coyotes, snakes and even mountain lions. Anyone who lives here would not go hiking there at night without some serious protection.

I hope this clears up some questions about the layout of the park and surrounding area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member