Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, parents somehow accessed Blaze's snapchat and found the driver had been messaged.

Ok so LE tracked the person down they didn't come forward on their own when heard he was missing?

Regarding the last text sent by BB to his female friend... If this text was so concerning, how come the friend did not alert the parents right away or the very next morning? Why did it take BB not showing up for a dental appt. for them to realize that something was awry? This doesn't make much sense.

Maybe someone should start a different one.

What sex trade? There really is zero sex trade involving white, middle or upper class young men snatched off the street. Zero. The sex trade involves voluntary prostitution, prostitutes forced to work for pimps, undocumented persons forced to work as prostitutes and hand their money over to pimps, or at risk/runaway minors, the bulk of whom are from economically disadvantaged, dysfunctional homes, the majority of whom are ethnic minorities, and many of whom already have addiction or other mental health issues, who are lured into "the life".

There is no shadowy sex trade involving "white slavery" that snatches "nice" middle class, blonde, 34 year old soccer moms off the street or well-to-do, white college boys, and sells them for sex. There's a lot of movies about such scenarios but little real evidence to make that a remote possibility.

If he was a 15 year old black girl from a poor, single parent household, a history of abuse and neglect and deprivation, known to use drugs, who ran away and disappeared? Yeah, sex trade would be at the forefront of my suspicions.

Not here.

Amen! Thank you for this. Same reason my theory ended up being correct in the Sherri Papini case in that she wasn't trafficked....

Hi all, first post. Been praying for BB safe return. NBC is reporting they called off the search. Why would they do this?https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...upenn-student-who-vanished-california-n835916

:fireworks: :welcome: :fireworks:

It says the search has been called for him in Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park. It may because they've searched the whole park already or because its raining very hard here.

It does not state they've stopped searching for him in general. They might pick up later at a different spot.

Hi all, Brand new here. Only found this forum because Blaze is missing from my neighborhood. I haven't read through all sixty some odd pages, but wanted to clarify some stuff I know just from living in Foothill Ranch.

There are two parks with the name "Borrego" in them. Borrego Overlook park is higher up in the residential area. It is smaller and can only be accessed through the neighborhood. This is NOT where he was last seen. Where he was last reported to be seen is Borrego Park. It sits between the local elementary school and the library. You can access it from the school, library, neighborhood and from the backside. The backside walking trail leads down a rather steep, long path to a shopping center. This trail can not be accessed by cars. The shopping center is adjacent to the entrance to Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park.

To get to Borrego Park by car, you go down a driveway that immediately comes to a "T". To the left is the library parking lot, to the right is a small parking lot for the park. The library DOES have surveillance cameras pointed at the library parking lot (aimed at the book drop in the library parking lot). These cameras may be able to see the driveway that leads to both the library and the park, but it is doubtful (due to the way it is laid out) that they will see anything in the park parking lot or park itself.

The parking lot for the park sits at one end of the park. The bathroom is right up against the parking lot. It remains unlocked at night. The playground sits right behind the bathroom. In the middle of the park is a large soccer field. Behind the soccer field is the walking trail to shopping center. There are lights by the parking lot and along the path that leads to the walking trail on the backside of the park. The other side of the park (by school) is VERY dark at night, but it is quite a distance from the parking lot (across a soccer field). The park itself is very flat. There are no houses that back to this park. It is doubtful noise from this park could be heard by any of the homes by the park unless it was something very loud like a gunshot. This is a popular park for walking during the day, but is very quiet at night.

The industrial park (where the Kawasaki building is) sits lower than the park. This area is called FootHILL Ranch for a reason. Lots of slopes and hills.

Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park sits in a valley between the two neighborhoods in Foothill Ranch. There are a lot of trails in the park and lots of areas that are inaccessible too. I've seen a lot of people call it a "forest" and although it has trees, it has far more brush, cactus, shrubs, etc. The park is home to lots of coyotes, snakes and even mountain lions. Anyone who lives here would not go hiking there at night without some serious protection.

I hope this clears up some questions about the layout of the park and surrounding area.
Wow, thank you for your excellent level of detail. This is really helpful. [emoji106]

Hi all, Brand new here. Only found this forum because Blaze is missing from my neighborhood. I haven't read through all sixty some odd pages, but wanted to clarify some stuff I know just from living in Foothill Ranch.

There are two parks with the name "Borrego" in them. Borrego Overlook park is higher up in the residential area. It is smaller and can only be accessed through the neighborhood. This is NOT where he was last seen. Where he was last reported to be seen is Borrego Park. It sits between the local elementary school and the library. You can access it from the school, library, neighborhood and from the backside. The backside walking trail leads down a rather steep, long path to a shopping center. This trail can not be accessed by cars. The shopping center is adjacent to the entrance to Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park.

To get to Borrego Park by car, you go down a driveway that immediately comes to a "T". To the left is the library parking lot, to the right is a small parking lot for the park. The library DOES have surveillance cameras pointed at the library parking lot (aimed at the book drop in the library parking lot). These cameras may be able to see the driveway that leads to both the library and the park, but it is doubtful (due to the way it is laid out) that they will see anything in the park parking lot or park itself.

The parking lot for the park sits at one end of the park. The bathroom is right up against the parking lot. It remains unlocked at night. The playground sits right behind the bathroom. In the middle of the park is a large soccer field. Behind the soccer field is the walking trail to shopping center. There are lights by the parking lot and along the path that leads to the walking trail on the backside of the park. The other side of the park (by school) is VERY dark at night, but it is quite a distance from the parking lot (across a soccer field). The park itself is very flat. There are no houses that back to this park. It is doubtful noise from this park could be heard by any of the homes by the park unless it was something very loud like a gunshot. This is a popular park for walking during the day, but is very quiet at night.

The industrial park (where the Kawasaki building is) sits lower than the park. This area is called FootHILL Ranch for a reason. Lots of slopes and hills.

Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park sits in a valley between the two neighborhoods in Foothill Ranch. There are a lot of trails in the park and lots of areas that are inaccessible too. I've seen a lot of people call it a "forest" and although it has trees, it has far more brush, cactus, shrubs, etc. The park is home to lots of coyotes, snakes and even mountain lions. Anyone who lives here would not go hiking there at night without some serious protection.

I hope this clears up some questions about the layout of the park and surrounding area.

They should check the cameras anyways I work in the access security field and the cameras we install usually always have a way wider view then what it looks like. Ive installed some around the newport beach area.

Regarding the last text sent by BB to his female friend... If this text was so concerning, how come the friend did not alert the parents right away or the very next morning? Why did it take BB not showing up for a dental appt. for them to realize that something was awry? This doesn't make much sense.

They do have a large two story home. Maybe they saw his wallet, keys, glasses and thought he was somewhere in the house since he didn't say goodbye.

"The teenager apparently went to the park to meet another friend, said Sgt. Don Voght, who is leading the missing-person’s investigation for the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.
The friend who drove him to the park, who has been interviewed by the Sheriff’s Department, went to the restroom while Bernstein walked into the park toward Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park, Voght said. The two parks are linked by a trail.
“His last cellphone text was to a female friend an hour later,” the mom said. “After that text, Blaze’s cellphone completely stopped working.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/0...ke-forest-man/

So, we are to believe he was at the park for over an hour, texting a female friend an hour later, but ignoring the unassuming driver, who knows nothing, for the whole time? I don't believe any of this. He might not even have been at the park at all. Maybe someone else sent a cover up text, and something went down elsewhere.

Amen! Thank you for this. Same reason my theory ended up being correct in the Sherri Papini case in that she wasn't trafficked....

That's who I meant by "34 year old soccer moms", ha ha. The white slavery myth is one I see repeated as a possibility in missing persons cases over and over but it has never proved to be true. That's because it really isn't a thing.

Sex trade predators know their prey. They pick people who society doesn't care much about or who are already so beaten down by life they will not resist, or whose legal status keeps them silent. They don't pick people who come from means or who the media will sound the alarm for and the community will take up arms for.

Thank you SoCalRes for the local input! Very appreciated. Welcome to WS!

Question: since LE have searched Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park they must have been assuming he went there. Can the entrance to Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park be seen from the parking lot or might it be on one of the surveillance cameras? Driver friend said he was in the bathroom when Blaze disappeared, so how would anyone know where exactly Blaze went from the parking lot? He could have walked to the shopping center? Maybe Blaze stated his intention to go to the park to the friend and friend relayed it? (Unless of course, he made it up.)

I wonder how LE found out who drove him in the first place and got all the info. Does anyone know?
I wonder if the driver came forward when they heard he was missing or if LE tracked the person down?

I know I read something about the parents finding the driver because they accessed Blaze's socmedia (Snapchat?).
If so that means the reason they found it is because Blaze never read it. It disappears once read.

Ok so LE tracked the person down they didn't come forward on their own when heard he was missing?

At that point, the friend might not have known BB was missing. The parents only filed a missing persons report late afternoon the following day.

"The teenager apparently went to the park to meet another friend, said Sgt. Don Voght, who is leading the missing-person’s investigation for the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.
The friend who drove him to the park, who has been interviewed by the Sheriff’s Department, went to the restroom while Bernstein walked into the park toward Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park, Voght said. The two parks are linked by a trail.
“His last cellphone text was to a female friend an hour later,” the mom said. “After that text, Blaze’s cellphone completely stopped working.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/0...ke-forest-man/

So, we are to believe he was at the park for over an hour, texting a female friend an hour later, but ignoring the unassuming driver, who knows nothing, for the whole time? I don't believe any of this. He might not even have been at the park at all. Maybe someone else sent a cover up text, and something went down elsewhere.

That's an older article which it's gone. Link doesn't work but that's pretty much what they've all said.

I don't believe the text message recipient had the knowledge BB was missing until after 3 the next day. Maybe the disturbing text is not disturbing in and of itself, but disturbing within the context of the circumstances. If that's true, the text may not have held significance for the text recipient at the time it was received.

:welcome6: freebird2018

You may be right....

(I maybe be crazy) LOL

:tyou: for joining us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics