Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you! It’s like he’s perfect!!! Ivy leaguer, pre med, no tolerance policies, etc. He’s a 19 year old kid sneaking out at night and not telling his parents! He’s not perfect and nor should he be!

Most posts mentioning the possibility in their group that Blaze might be gay were attacked pretty viciously by family friends and admins, like if Blaze's possible different sexuality would give them a bad name. They don't want to let anyone close, not even the ones who said they saw Blaze on gay Facebook groups and dating apps.

Weird thing is, if you look at his dad's public FB photos, he has a photo of the family with the FB "Celebrate Pride" filter on it. That doesn't seem like the actions of a family who would be angry that their son is gay (though you may be on to something with the father being more accepting than the mother).

For now I'm going by what the parents said unless it is someone who is directly involved or friends of the family because so many gossiping over there it only takes one word for the story to take a wrong turn.
WhiteOrchids, rumor is against TOS anyway. As Tricia said, scroll & roll. [emoji106]

I agree, and his dad said did say this about declaring a major with a pre-med focus:

Gideon said his son is a sophomore planning to declare a major in psychology with a minor in chemistry and “pursuing it with a pre-med focus.”

“Blaze, come home, wherever you are, whatever has happened, we don’t care,” his mother added. “We just want you here. Find a way home.”

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/05/missing-student-from-foothill-ranch/

This sounds like they think he left voluntarily. Yet it was said the text he sent at 11.30pm made them think foul play.

So I assume they are not sure either way.

Just catching up here. I'm getting lost in lack of linked sources! Facts that I thought we'd established by cross-referencing articles are now brought into question again? Is it just because the thread moved so fast, or am I missing something???

I know, frustrating and confusing. I think msm info is being muddied by rumors from fb, confusing everybody. I alerted on a few posts.

“Bernstein’s parents say the friend told them he didn’t know why Bernstein wanted to go there. They didn’t even know he had gone out until the next day when they couldn’t find him,” CBS LA reported. The park is located in Orange County. However, the Orange County Register reported that Blaze and his friend had gone there so Blaze could “meet a third person. The person’s identity and the reason for the meeting wasn’t known.”

It says HE

https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...ssing-found-facebook-photos-pennsylvania/amp/

Hi. This is my first post. I started following this case because it’s semi local. I wanted to post on the FB page but the family seems to sensitive and secretive.
From that page it seems the “friend” who drove him to the park is a girl. There is also a post by Lily claiming to be his best friend so maybe it’s her. Two posters have also stated he is in a FB group called SoCal Boys which looks like a group for gay men in the area who get together for events. Another poster has said Blaze is on Grindr a gay dating app. He seems to be a creative and witty kid who went to a performing arts high school and likes writing and cooking. I believe his family or extended family are prominent in the Jewish community in the OC. I find his family to be a bit too secretive. They want to have the public help them but without releasing the most needed details-
I.e. what kind of meds was he on - emotional issues, health issues, why didn’t he have his phone, what’s the girls name Who drove him, what’s her story, was Blaze dealing with sexual orientation issues. His mom and Dad seem put together well for the cameras and his dad has said Blaze was going to be a pre med major which seems ambitious for a creative type. IS this a home where appearances are more important than real life teen ager issues - ivy leager dealing with being gay and not perfect in a rich Jewish subuarb? I do find it odd the parents are withholding so much information that could help with the search and that most the moderators seem concerned about not offending them - they should not be the focus here - their son should. They have not offered a reward or wanted help in searching for their son and are secretive. My two cents.

I've noticed that in cases where the family religious. See David Gipson smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Type “girl” in the fb group search and you will find a handful where posters call the driver a girl because that was put out when the page was first created

That doesn't make it true. Almost everything found on fb is considered rumor here at WS.

And, does it actually really matter what gender the driver is? Why is this point being re-hashed (what seems like) endlessly?

ETA: This is not directed at you Winterawalker! I'm talking in general.

I'm telling you in the interview the parents clearly said "He"

Maybe he left his personal cell in his room that night and next day so when mom checked his location it said home

“Bernstein’s parents say the friend told them he didn’t know why Bernstein wanted to go there. They didn’t even know he had gone out until the next day when they couldn’t find him,” CBS LA reported. The park is located in Orange County. However, the Orange County Register reported that Blaze and his friend had gone there so Blaze could “meet a third person. The person’s identity and the reason for the meeting wasn’t known.”

It says HE

https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...ssing-found-facebook-photos-pennsylvania/amp/

Maybe we need a fresh thread? This one is up to over 900 posts.

That's a great idea, a fresh thread starting with the facts we know until now. At this point we're at a dead end anyway because of the lack of information. Until someone comes forward as a credible source/witness, or new data released by LE I think we'd go in the rumor area from now on, since even the search for him stopped at the alleged disappearance location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member