Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the OC Register is dropping parts of the affidavit on the daily. I wonder if they have tomorrow's piece ready with new info.

Very important part of the quote that I'm afraid is going to get lose. There is a BIG difference between wanted to and did. Frankly, I'm absolutely disgusted with the OCR, they are now clearly going for shock journalism.

I agree completely, I am not impressed with their reporting. It leans to being distasteful in more than a few ways.

Very important part of the quote that I'm afraid is going to get lose. There is a BIG difference between wanted to and did. Frankly, I'm absolutely disgusted with the OCR, they are now clearly going for shock journalism.

I'm wondering if other outlets have to pay them to use their content.

And wasn’t it reported in an earlier article that back in June SW was hitting on him? Too much conflicting information and extremely poor and negligent reporting. If there’s truth to both of these reports, it sounds like there was a mutual interest.

I've been dropping in here and there, consequently, I assumed BB was strangled but to learn he was stabbed 22 times is horrific. It was a rage filled killing. Oh, my! How sorrowful for the families to suffer through this terror. I don't know why as the end result is the same but a strangulation seems less violent than stabbing a person 22 times. Awful. Just awful.

“In a 16-page search warrant affidavit obtained by the Orange County Register, “

(That same 16 page sw affidavit again!)

“Woodward, 20, of Newport Beach, told investigators he pushed Bernstein away and wanted to call him a “******,” according to the affidavit. Detectives noted that Woodward clenched his jaw and fists when telling them how he felt.”

“The affidavit also quoted text conversations between Bernstein and a female friend last summer in which Bernstein wrote that he wanted to have sex with Woodward.

Bernstein also wrote that another friend referred to Woodward as “closeted … and he was telling the truth for once.””

BB knows another friend lies...1 time truth guy BB wants to have gay sex with is gay.

Whatever the reason, SW is a murderer. BB is his victim.

BB happens to be/have been openly gay.

SW was not, for whatever reason, be it closeted or straight.

They knew each other since high school.

They get together one night, go to places with surveillance cameras that capture their movements and then BB ends up dead, in a shallow grave, in a public park and SW calls the police within 4 hours of the murder and reports BB missing, taking LE to the park.

It doesn't sound premeditated. And, it sounds remorseful. He took LE to the body within 4 hours of killing him. Why? Guilt. Remorse. He wanted them to find the body.

What he did is horrific, it shows a lack of self-control that is unacceptable in a civilized world and he must be imprisoned to keep others safe. I suggest for his natural life. He is a danger to society as is every person who intentionally takes the life of another without any legal defense. I agree, wholeheartedly.

I just don't see any benefit to calling it a hate crime. Murder is hateful and none less hateful or more hateful than another. It is all hate.

SW calls the police within 4 hours of the murder and reports BB missing, taking LE to the park.

It doesn't sound premeditated. And, it sounds remorseful. He took LE to the body within 4 hours of killing him. Why? Guilt. Remorse. He wanted them to find the body.

Respectfully snipped by me...
What? I never heard this version of the story. What I’ve heard from the beginning is that BB’s parents reported him missing, and BB’s parents tracked down SW thru BB’s texts or snapchats.

Whatever the reason, SW is a murderer. BB is his victim.

BB happens to be/have been openly gay.

SW was not, for whatever reason, be it closeted or straight.

They knew each other since high school.

They get together one night, go to places with surveillance cameras that capture their movements and then BB ends up dead, in a shallow grave, in a public park and SW calls the police within 4 hours of the murder and reports BB missing, taking LE to the park.

What he did is horrific, it shows a lack of self-control that is unacceptable in a civilized world and he must be imprisoned to keep others safe. I suggest for his natural life. He is a danger to society as is every person who intentionally takes the life of another without any legal defense. I agree, wholeheartedly.

I just don't see any benefit to calling it a hate crime. Murder is hateful and none less hateful or more hateful than another. It is all hate.

The basis for allowing for "hate crime" designation is sound. It was a reaction to the klan and other race-based terrorist organizations. Whenever an incident is perpetrated based on sex, race, gender etc. it is absorbed as a message to an entire group or community and it has a de-stabilizing and intimidating effect on an entire group of people. The thought is that the punishment should be commensurate to a crime perpetrated on a whole group, instead of a crime perpetrated on an individual. SW's SM certainly displayed an antipathy for minority groups, including gays. Hate crimes tend to be really hard to prove, however. I believe SW hated a lot of things, and most probably, himself.

SW let Blaze lie there dead five minutes from home for ten days. I don't know why anyone would post he was found within four hours, this is false.
Anyone who doesn't understand the hate that comes w 20 stab wounds is beyond my comprehension. Maybe tomorrow we will hear LE charge SW w first degree murder and label this a hate crime. There will be no sympathy from me regarding this murderer. The OC Register is not an issue nor is there writing. The entire affidavit should be public record by now, it needs to be posted to remove any and all seeds of doubt.
Please use a fact based first post in this and future threads, it is misleading as we now know he never walked away from the car. SW is a liar, and after the fact of his death, I would feel better if the first post of the thread were factual and accurate.
Thanks.

Respectfully snipped by me...
What? I never heard this version of the story. What I’ve heard from the beginning is that BB’s parents reported him missing, and BB’s parents tracked down SW thru BB’s texts or snapchats.

Where is the link for “4 hours”? I am so surprised about the local media quality for this affluent area.

I agree 100 %!

SW let Blaze lie there dead five minutes from home for ten days. I don't know why anyone would post he was found within four hours, this is false.
Anyone who doesn't understand the hate that comes w 20 stab wounds is beyond my comprehension. Maybe tomorrow we will hear LE charge SW w first degree murder and label this a hate crime. There will be no sympathy from me regarding this murderer. The OC Register is not an issue nor is there writing. The entire affidavit should be public record by now, it needs to be posted to remove any and all seeds of doubt.
Please use a fact based first post in this and future threads, it is misleading as we now know he never walked away from the car. SW is a liar, and after the fact of his death, I would feel better if the first post of the thread were factual and accurate.
Thanks.

Waa it reported that he never walked away from the car? I haven’t seen this, but media keeps releasing little tidbits of info.

I've been dropping in here and there, consequently, I assumed BB was strangled but to learn he was stabbed 22 times is horrific. It was a rage filled killing. Oh, my! How sorrowful for the families to suffer through this terror. I don't know why as the end result is the same but a strangulation seems less violent than stabbing a person 22 times. Awful. Just awful.

bbm
Yes, rage. Killing just to do away with someone might take (please pardon this) 2-3 stab wounds, but 22 stab wounds is visceral, IMO -- hate or jealousy or rage. SMH. Something had been building up is this young man or BB may have said or done something to absolutely enrage him -- please know that I have no blame at all for anything BB may have said or done -- SW had to have something building up in himself against BB or perhaps against gay men, either for days or perhaps years to cause this, IMO. Beyond awful.
MHO.

Kcal 9 news reporting that SW neighbors are worried about SW getting out on bail and are letting the DA know.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/16/new-details-death-blaze-bernstein/.

Interesting what they say about the bail situation: "The Orange County Superior Court bail schedule is as follows: If someone is charged with Murder, Special Circumstances there is no bail; for Voluntary Manslaughter bail is $100,000. For all other murders bail is $1,000,000. These days with a bail bond people are expected to post 7 to 8 percent of the prescribed bail, the rest is posted as collateral." http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/16/new-details-death-blaze-bernstein/

Ah gee, I forgot to write that I am going to plant a tree in memory of Blaze Bernstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingi