CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the first day it's been above zero for a couple of weeks here. With the wind chills, it's been -25 to -45 and we were crowned the coldest place in the world one day. Put on a Vikings hoodie that says SKOL and you'll be just fine. :)

Skoal works too, but I'm a Carharrt fan. :) and my truck has 4-WD for snow and mud. I may not have call to use it often, but it's sure nice to have it, when the need arises! :coldout:

Some Disney character
cache.php
The Turpin family poses with Disney characters in 2012.
https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/davi...-perris-california-children-shackled-parents/

http://expressdigest.com/disney-obsessed-couple-arrested-for-imprisoning-13-kids/
[FONT="]David Allen Turpin, 57, and Louise Anna Turpin, 49, took their children to Disneyland on at least two occasions between 2010-12. This picture was posted on Facebook in 2011 with 12 of their children and extended relatives [/FONT]

RSBM

I think it was a different pic. A couple in their mid to late 30's with reddish hair (wife ?) and blonde/grey hair(husband?) . They were dressed differently from the Turpin parents.
Wish I'd taken a screen shot.
Hopefully LE is already doing so.

Easy to say 'well, there's no crime as in a deceased person... so no need for in depth sleuthing...'
Except we do not know at this point if any child was deceased , and nobody knew about it !
They sure weren't going to tell their own relatives about it.
Disgusting.
:moo:

RSBM

I think it was a different pic. A couple in their mid to late 30's with reddish hair (wife ?) and blonde/grey hair(husband?) . They were dressed differently from the Turpin parents.
Wish I'd taken a screen shot.
Hopefully LE is already doing so.

Easy to say 'well, there's no crime as in a deceased person... so no need for in depth sleuthing...'
Except we do not know at this point if any child was deceased , and nobody knew about it !
They sure weren't going to tell their own relatives about it.
Disgusting.
:moo:

I believe the photos in question are included in this article. Their faces are blurred for good reason (presumably they knew nothing and are horrified) but its interesting to note that some people did in fact have contact with the family.

As another person mentioned as well, I saw Elisabeth comment on photos on the David Louise Facebook account and in particular on the photo of Louise with a baby. Elizabeth said "That's my sister and my baby!" while now claiming to press that she has had almost 0 contact with the family and hasn't seen Louise in 19-20 years... ZERO CREDIBILITY. Lies, attention seeking, already talking to the press. I love finding out more info but if I were in her shoes my sole focus would be the children and not talking to media.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/53575...e-disney-parents-starved-chained-13-children/

RSBM

^^^ Could be.
Wonder what some store employees might have noticed ?
Where the children talking at all ? Did any employees think it odd for kids to be out shopping then ?
Wonder if any of the kids tried to reach out for help to a passer by or employee. :(

We used to go out late at night, when the kids were out of school, of course, or it was a Fri or Sat night, and go to Walmart, then get something from a late night drive thru or a snack from WalMart, and go through the CAR WASH!!!! I hate Walmart and there's no lines late at night. In and out. EZ PZ. The kids loved going through the car wash when they were little so... We laugh about our midnight car wash joy rides now. It's the little things. But it could be as simple as there was no one at Walmart at midnight so they got to get out of the house. Just that would be a treat, I'd think.

RSBM

"Jinger" ? As in... one of the Duggars ? Just curious.

Btw ---- :welcome4:

Thanks for the welcome. Yes... Free Jinger is a large site with tons of threads of all sorts, but the genesis of it was a place to discuss the Duggars and other fundamentalist families in the news. The Turpins have a thread there but you guys here have more info on them at the moment.

Trying to catch up here - I have to wonder if starving their children was one way they thought they could keep them under control at all times too?

Knowing how naturally energetic children are - if their bodies were constantly deprived of necessary nutrients and vitamins they would be less likely to run around, make noise, get in the parents' way. Might explain why none of their neighbors even knew they had that many children.

But I do think it boils down to control issues with their kids.

Mom and Dad could decide a spur of the moment to go to Disneyland and try to relive their own childhood that way. They were not just hoarders but messy, having no motivation to keep a house or yard clean.

It would help if something of their own childhood was made known through MSM.

And I wonder exactly how many bedrooms minus the master bedroom their TX and CA homes had?

I agree with an earlier poster....I think they were hoping for a TV show ala 19 Kids and Counting. They seem like they are interested in attention (at times) for the huge family.

Trying to catch up here - I have to wonder if starving their children was one way they thought they could keep them under control at all times too?

Knowing how naturally energetic children are - if their bodies were constantly deprived of necessary nutrients and vitamins they would be less likely to run around, make noise, get in the parents' way. Might explain why none of their neighbors even knew they had that many children.

But I do think it boils down to control issues with their kids.

Mom and Dad could decide a spur of the moment to go to Disneyland and try to relive their own childhood that way. They were not just hoarders but messy, having no motivation to keep a house or yard clean.

It would help if something of their own childhood was made known through MSM.

And I wonder exactly how many bedrooms minus the master bedroom their TX and CA homes had?

I'm not sure about their Texas homes, but I found an article on CNN that states that their California home had 4 bedrooms. http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/17/us/turpin-relatives-interviews/index.html

[QUOTE ] LietKynes
^^^ Could be.
Wonder what some store employees might have noticed ?
Where the children talking at all ? Did any employees think it odd for kids to be out shopping then ?
Wonder if any of the kids tried to reach out for help to a passer by or employee. :([/QUOTE]

I don't mean this in a rude, or smart @ss, tone, at all, but, take a look around next time you go to Walmart, even during the middle of the day. Better yet, go to People of Walmart.com (one word). In a world where folks wear pajamas to their local Walmart, (not to mention wearing their pjs to pick up their children from school), I doubt that dad and the boys would have gotten a second glance.

Regarding going out late at night - maybe they were collecting bottles and cans for recycle? Sometimes people go through the recycle bins put out in front of homes the night before trash truck collection to look for redeemable bottles and cans to make money. I have seen it many, many times, always late at night, whole families in a van going from subdivision to subdivision.

I wonder if the night-time outings were an odd "treat" - if the mother wouldn't take the kids out during the day and the kids got restless, dad would take them out for a drive at night... "you can't say I never take you anywhere!" sort of thing.
Usually with these house-of-horrors/ hidden children cases, there is an element of purpose and premeditation, because the children have a "job", but in this case, I think the parents are just hopelessly incompetent and didn't want to draw attention to their incompetence.
The children were starved probably primarily because it would be a mammoth task to provide three nutritious balanced meals for that many people every day. Much easier to cook a little candlelight supper for two and let the kids eat canned goods. They did things like gardening and driving at night so they wouldn't attract as much attention/ interaction as they would during the day.

Some Disney character
cache.php
https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/davi...-perris-california-children-shackled-parents/

http://expressdigest.com/disney-obsessed-couple-arrested-for-imprisoning-13-kids/
[FONT=&amp]David Allen Turpin, 57, and Louise Anna Turpin, 49, took their children to Disneyland on at least two occasions between 2010-12. This picture was posted on Facebook in 2011 with 12 of their children and extended relatives [/FONT]

In this article, in front of the castle.

https://www.forumdaily.com/v-kalifornii-para-derzhala-na-cepi-13-detej/

Some Disney character
cache.php

[FONT=&amp]David Allen Turpin, 57, and Louise Anna Turpin, 49, took their children to Disneyland on at least two occasions between 2010-12. This picture was posted on Facebook in 2011 with 12 of their children and extended relatives [/FONT]

It was a different picture, in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle with another couple. That is Princess Jasmine who isn't anyone of interest here.

It was usually after midnight when Mike Clifford spotted the children from the house across the street.

Some nights, he’d see about six children — none of whom looked older than 15 — getting into a passenger van with their father and wonder where they could possibly be going at such an hour. Other nights, he’d see them through a second-story window in the Murrieta house, walking in circles for long periods of time.

Clifford, an aerospace machinist who works late shifts, tried to make sense of what he saw. Maybe the children had special needs. Maybe the repetitive circling was therapeutic. Maybe it was just their routine.

“It was kind of strange,” he said. But “there was never anything to say, ‘Oh, my God. I should call somebody.”
~snip

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-perris-house-children-20180117-story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re BBM
Oh boy. The earlier pictures we saw of inside the Texas home that showed stains on the walls all at the same small height makes me now think the parents had some sort of forced ritual to make them walk in circles.

Maybe some sort of forced exercise routine.

I've been wondering who that extra couple is, with them, in front of the castle. I know I can't sleuth them but I still find it odd.

The man in back row looks like David's older brother, Randy, the Pentecostal preacher/Pres. of Christian College and I
assume one of the other women is his wife.

It was usually after midnight when Mike Clifford spotted the children from the house across the street.

Some nights, he’d see about six children — none of whom looked older than 15 — getting into a passenger van with their father and wonder where they could possibly be going at such an hour. Other nights, he’d see them through a second-story window in the Murrieta house, walking in circles for long periods of time.

Clifford, an aerospace machinist who works late shifts, tried to make sense of what he saw. Maybe the children had special needs. Maybe the repetitive circling was therapeutic. Maybe it was just their routine.

“It was kind of strange,” he said. But “there was never anything to say, ‘Oh, my God. I should call somebody.”
~snip

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-perris-house-children-20180117-story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible that they got into the van to look in dumpsters behind grocery stores for foods that had been thrown out because they had reached the expiration date?

I also rechecked the pictures and bankruptcy information, and I think they had listed "Thing 8" as a son instead of daughter and there aren't any kids missing. MOO

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ts-Perris-15-Jan-2018&p=13868442#post13868442 The wedding photo is mislabeled if ancestry.com is correct.

Wedding photo from the father going to the right (perhaps lined up by height):
Thing#5 (Joy now age 20)
Thing#3 (Jessica now age 24)
Thing#6 (now age 19)
Thing#7 (now age 18)

inset box:
Thing #1 (Jennifer now age 29)

front row left to right:
Thing#4 (Jonathan now age 22)
Thing#2 (Joshua now age 25 almost 26)

And we know Thing#8 is now age 17.

Good information! Thanks! OP, (vmmking?)said they looked like they were undergoing cancer treatment. In the photo of them all facing the camera, in the red shirts, yes, especially the boy in the glasses and the girl on the far right, and Thing 10. They look extremely thin in most pics. I wonder if some of the older ones were giving part of their portions to the younger ones? The girl who is leaning into the baby, Thing 9 and Thing 7, have sturdier looking arms. Though it could be the way the camera "sees" them too.

https://www.forumdaily.com/v-kalifornii-para-derzhala-na-cepi-13-detej/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member