CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was in her 40s by that time. Fertility usually declines as one gets closer to menopause.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would not be surprised if LT had several miscarriages between her 12th and 13th child. Perhaps the inability to conceive easily is partly what led to the ever intensifying torture of the other children. Of course, I doubt there needed to be an underlying reason. :mad:

No one could look at these kids in real life and think they were normally developed. They have no forearms, no biceps, no calves - no muscle development AND no fat.

They were able to hide this abuse in plain sight. Shameful.

Actually, as the wife of a retired teacher, I do think it’s possible that over 30 years ago in a small town a well-known and respected young man could have checked LT out of school on some pretense. I don’t think every school was as strict as it is now. Or she could have met him around the corner after school let out and the story could have changed in the telling. It may still be a falsehood, but I don’t think it’s totally impossible.

Oh I have no doubt that she met him around the corner. I'm just not buying the kidnaping BS. The sister seems to be trying to spin the facts, and make her out to be a victim. I'm just not buying it.

"
. One of the girls said to me, "I can't tell you our names, but if you listen I might be able to find out what our names are, and then the little sister said, 'Don't say anything' to the older one,' Shelli says."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...-dumpster.html

Is it possible they really didn't know their names?

I think they knew their names but had been told not to give out much info if quizzed by neighbors. I've a feeling that Ashely's mom was curious about some things, maybe about where they had lived before, who their parents were (I do think that it's quite possible that they did not know their parent's names), where they went to school, etc... So they clammed up. D&L probably got wind of the questions and wouldn't let them play with Ashley any more.

<modsnip>

The T.s moved in, and lived there, from 1999-2010. They moved in with six children and a newborn (or one on the way) and had five more children, between 2000 & 2006.

Wow. Only in looking at this picture has it hit me that the 2 year old is definitely out of place. Every other child is a stair step, then a 10 year gap. Something is fishy about that. Has to be a grandchild, imo. Have seen some posts questioning whether DT's one and only lewd act had anything to do with the two year olds arrival. Me thinks it must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Large gaps between siblings is rare, but it happens.
There's 23 years between me and my brother.
My mom was 40 when she conceived.
I am still of the opinion that #13 is LT's child.

Between me and my other brother, there's just over 2 years between us.
And then me and my sister are 5 years apart.

So really...not that different.
DT and LT just happened to have more kids than my mom.

They entered not guilty pleas.
There will more than likely be a trial.

IMO

They will plea bargain. There is no way any responsible legal counsel would let this go to trial. They have no chance of being acquitted. A trial would be bad for everybody involved.

I really don't put much faith in anything that sister says. Her stories seem to change from one minute to the next. I also read she had her own children taken from her at one point. The only thing I believe that she's said is that they experienced abuse growing up and that possibly DT was always a whack job. The info she provided on how DT signed from LT out from school Im not sure about either. She might be embellishing a lot just so she can cash in and make some money.

I believe a social services rep even stated they've had calls from all over from people wanting to take these kids in..but not one single call from ANY of their own family members.

disgusting..especially since the aunts and uncle and grandparents have blabbed nonstop to the media, wept fake tears and carried on like they're so concerned. PLEASE KEEP THESE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THESE ANGELS.

I read on one of the links posted, the adoptive family will have a house for the adults, and one for the kids and they'll be side by side..is this confirmed? And it could happen within the next 1-2 weeks?

I still find it confusing how the 17 year old knew how to dial 911 and take photos. I bet there was someone along the way has failed them and didn't believe them and maybe gave them this tips on how to prove it if it was real?

Even more confusing, why would they let the brother go to college?? Was he the favorite? I wonder how he performed academically? How did he even enroll in college if he never went to school? And why a music class?

I also find it odd that a college would allow the mother to enter the grounds and just wait outside a door..unless she told them he has special needs and needs her help?

i hope his classmates were kind to him.

Usually doesn't mean inevitably, though, as I know from personal experience. I was 41 when I first decided I wanted a child, and about 9 1/2 months later, I was 42 when I brought my incredible, joy- of- my- life son into the world. :). :). :)

My mom just turned 39 when she got pregnant with her youngest...18 years after my sister was born. When she turned 40, she had a 2 month old.

It seems lots of women are having babies later in their lives.
Although in my mom's case, she never planned on having a 4th child.

I don't understand if this woman was such a disney freak, why would she live in the filth and stench of feces and not take a cue from cinderella and make the children clean? Even if it was confined to the children's living space the smell alone would be unbearable throughout the whole house and from the pictures it seemed everywhere was filthy.

I really don't put much faith in anything that sister says. Her stories seem to change from one minute to the next. I also read she had her own children taken from her at one point. The only thing I believe that she's said is that they experienced abuse growing up and that possibly DT was always a whack job. The info she provided on how DT signed from LT out from school Im not sure about either. She might be embellishing a lot just so she can cash in and make some money.

I believe a social services rep even stated they've had calls from all over from people wanting to take these kids in..but not one single call from ANY of their own family members.

disgusting..especially since the aunts and uncle and grandparents have blabbed nonstop to the media, wept fake tears and carried on like they're so concerned. PLEASE KEEP THESE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THESE ANGELS.

I read on one of the links posted, the adoptive family will have a house for the adults, and one for the kids and they'll be side by side..is this confirmed? And it could happen within the next 1-2 weeks?

I still find it confusing how the 17 year old knew how to dial 911 and take photos. I bet there was someone along the way has failed them and didn't believe them and maybe gave them this tips on how to prove it if it was real?

Even more confusing, why would they let the brother go to college?? Was he the favorite? I wonder how he performed academically? How did he even enroll in college if he never went to school? And why a music class?

I also find it odd that a college would allow the mother to enter the grounds and just wait outside a door..unless she told them he has special needs and needs her help?

i hope his classmates were kind to him.

The school thing is still so weird...
Maybe some of the older ones had a little more "freedom" than the younger ones.
I recall reading something that one of the girls could drive?
Very weird...

A not guilty plea is pretty standard initially. Once all the evidence is disclosed, I will not be surprised if they accept a “deal” which would avoid a trial and the possibility of an even longer sentence. Of course, a plea deal has to be offered first and it may not be. As long as they never get out of prison and their children don’t have to testify, I’ll be happy.

A trial would not be good for anybody. As you say, it would mean that some of the victims would have to testify. They will make a deal. They only need to get about a 40 year sentence, to keep them from getting out. That should be pretty easy with any plea deal.

I don't see any bad news in that report. They have to be discharged to someplace. That plan will keep them all together. Even right now they are in two different hospitals. That must have taken a lot of work to find a place where they could all be together. It's sounds like a dream solution.

While I agree it would be great to keep them all together, It's only a dream solution if the people taking them in are capable of providing the level of care that they need. These kids even at discharge (which I hope is not this week as I've seen stated elsewhere) will have a tremendous "needs" load. They will each have a myriad of therapies beyond just their basic care needs. Caring for that many healthy children on any given day is a huge undertaking, and adding their trauma on top of that is going to be like caring for atleast twice as many. I'm speaking as a mental health professional... these children are going to have very serious PTSD issues to resolve as well as just general anxiety and confusion over what has happened. that's way too much for any two parents to handle. Last thing they need is to get uprooted again because the initial placement plan was not well thought out. IMO, It would be better for them to be somewhat spread out (like among local foster families) but with the stipulation they be allowed to visit and communicate with their siblings. The most critical factor
In their recovery is going to be consistency and quality of care. many people think that kids coming from these situations will readily accept and be happy in a healthier environment but it's rare to have a seamless transition when you don't trust anyone.

'It is the reason they moved to California to be nearer to Hollywood,' Lambert said of Louise's desire to become a star, like Kate Gosselin and her children.

Lambert and Louise's younger sister, Teresa Robinette, shared more details of the twisted life of their sister and her husband in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com.

'Only last month Louise told me her and David were planning to have another child,' Lambert said.
‘I asked her why on earth they wanted more children and she said about wanting a reality TV show.'

Lambert said that Louise 'thought the world would be fascinated by their lives. He added: 'They thought it would make them millions and household names. They didn’t care about the kids – it was all about them.'

Lambert was the last person to speak with Louise Turpin before her arrest.
~snip

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-children-TV-show.html?ito=social-facebook

Really? Interesting....wish you could remember the name...google?

I'm fairly sure, but am going to talk to a friend of mine who hasn't gotten years of clinical experience behind him. I may be mixing it up with something else or maybe it's not an official syndrome but common phenomenon. Hmmmm.

I know it's easy in hindsight for people to say this and that, and we wonder how no neighbors etc reported anything....I tend to think that if a websleuther lived next door this all would have come to light much sooner. Sometimes its a good thing to be nosy.

The neighbors did report Jaycee Lee Dugard. The police blew them off. Which is exactly what would have happened in this case. Unless you have proof the police can do nothing.

She was in her 40s by that time. Fertility usually declines as one gets closer to menopause.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep, but not unheard of by any means. Timing just odd... Will be interesting to find out for sure.

I do wonder about that. It's possible that no-one called CPS, and it's also possible that CPS was called but her case was triaged out. If CPS was overwhelmed, they might have thought "she's only thin, dirty and smelly, but no broken bones, she has clothes, there are so many other more urgent cases..." CPS is overwhelmed in most areas.

And if CPS wasn't called, despite mandated reporters, it could be that "this is a nice, middle-class family, we don't want to make trouble..." or even "I can call, but nothing will be done and it will be the worse for the child" which, alas, seems to have been the case.

This was posted by Neeha Curtis @ Cleveland 19 News, on her FB page. I&#8217;ve copied and pasted the full text below.
8bc2b4e2b719afe8c12e9b24a8950725.jpg

* This is a post from someone who was in 3rd grade with the oldest daughter.
&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;
J&#8212;&#8212; Turpin was the one girl at Meadowcreek Elementary that nobody wanted to be caught talking to. Every grade level had a designated "cootie kid" and she held the title for our year. She was a frail girl, had pin-straight hair with bangs, and often wore the same purple outfit. She was often made fun of by the other third graders because her clothes would sometimes look as though they had been dragged through mud, which she would also smell like on most days. I distinctly remember my entire third grade class scoffing at her one day because our teacher had asked her to discard a scrunchy she had used to tie her hair out of a discarded tin foil wrapper from an old Hershey's bar. After that year, J&#8212;&#8212; moved away, and she was forgotten about after we moved on to the the next "cootie kid."

Several years later, after high school, I found myself thinking about her again. I was bored at home and was passing the time by facebook stalking old elementary school classmates to see how they turned out, and I remember searching specifically for J&#8212;&#8212;-. Her name was so distinct that there couldn't be any more than a few people who shared the name, yet no matching results came up. I had naturally assumed that J&#8212;&#8212;- was one of the lucky few who hadn't been bit by the social media bug. I also thought somewhere, somehow, J&#8212;&#8212;- was probably living her best life, showing up all of us gawky third graders in Mrs. Llano's class how far she'd come. She was going to be that person at the reunion looking completely flawless and making six figures while the rest of us tried to conceal our receding hair lines and minimum wage jobs.

I feel like we all kind of have that hope that those people who were marginalized growing up (sometimes by our own hands) somehow grew past those circumstances, and essentially grew up to kick *advertiser censored* in real life. That's what I had hoped for
J&#8212;&#8212;-. That she had used the insults that we hurled at her, the isolation we provided for her, and the ill-looks we gave her and used it as ammunition to forge a successful path in life. I was so sure that was what had happened, but today I was in for a rude awakening (see articles below).

I've been reading these articles and seeing these statements and looking at these pictures, and I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of guilt and shame. Of course, none of us are responsible for the events that ensued, but you can't help but feel rotten when the classmate your peers made fun of for "smelling like poop" quite literally had to sit in her own waste because she was chained to her bed. It is nothing but sobering to know that the person who sat across from you at the lunch table went home to squalor and filth while you went home to a warm meal and a bedtime story.

The resounding lesson here is a simple one, something that we're taught from the very beginning: be nice. Teach your children to be nice. If you see someone that's isolated, befriend them. If you see someone that's marginalized, befriend them. If you see someone that's different, befriend them. We can never completely put ourselves in others' shoes nor can we completely understand the circumstances that one is brought up in, but a simple act of kindness and acceptance may be the ray of hope that that person needs. Befriend the J&#8212;&#8212;- Turpins of the world.

J&#8212;&#8212;-, despite being vehemently vilified by her peers, was still one of the most pleasant people I have had the opportunity to meet. She had this whimsical optimism to her that couldn't be dampened, couldn't be doused no matter what anybody threw at her. That cheerful disposition is what makes me certain that J&#8212;&#8212; will prevail. That one day, I'll remember to facebook stalk her, and see that she is living her best life. That despite being let down by her parents and by her peers alike,
J&#8212;&#8212;- rose above it all. And I'm going to be rooting for her, as her peer, as her classmate, as her friend. J&#8212;&#8212; Turpin: from "cootie girl" to "conquered the world."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5359201/house-horrors-turpin-family-kids-squalid-texas-home/

&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;

As heartwarming a post as this sounds, it actually a lot more complex. If they befriend cootie kid, they become a cootie kid. Do we really want to insist out kids ostracize themselves to make up for a lack of adult responsibility? Is that fair? Is it healthy? Peer aceptence, friendship Is a huge deal for children, being kind is virtue we all hope to instill in our kids, but self sacrifice needs to be warrented, lest it border on pathology in itself.

Imo, it's not this third grade peer group that failed this child. They were behaving like third graders.

Large gaps between siblings is rare, but it happens.
There's 23 years between me and my brother.
My mom was 40 when she conceived.
I am still of the opinion that #13 is LT's child.

Between me and my other brother, there's just over 2 years between us.
And then me and my sister are 5 years apart.

So really...not that different.
DT and LT just happened to have more kids than my mom.

Yea. Definitely happens. 6 yrs almost between my hubs and his brother. And if she got "baby fever" for whatever reason then I'm sure she could persuade DT to help her out in that regard.

Oh I have no doubt that she met him around the corner. I'm just not buying the kidnaping BS. The sister seems to be trying to spin the facts, and make her out to be a victim. I'm just not buying it.

I'm waiting for the sister's next story to be that not only was Louise kidnapped by him, but he came by the school she was attending and kidnapped her also. She managed to escape though but was too afraid to tell her parents. Wait for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod