Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://omny.fm/shows/tasha-kheiriddin/toronto-police-barry-and-honey-sherman-deaths-a-do

Tasha Kheiriddin and legal analyst Joseph Neuberger discuss the Sherman case, and what is meant by the phrase 'targeted killing.'

At 7:01 in the 7:25 length audio clip, Neuberger concludes

I'm still waiting to hear what makes LE describe this as a professional hit, as opposed to an 'unsophisticated' murder-for-hire by local th_gs. They must have some very clear evidence of it that they can't discuss publicly for now. :lipssealed:

I'll agree that we should wait, but the TP did state that it was a professional hit.

This murder was very complicated to accomplish:

No forced entry
Pool camera turned off
Staged to look like a murder-suicide or double suicide

That is not easy to do. The MO's of other wealthy couples killed in T.O. were sloppy compared to this one. Unorganized.

It took the police 6 weeks to investigate the home, and although it was a large home it was in great shape as it was prepared for sale.

They also had a housekeeper and I didn't see a lot of clutter in that home in the pictures or in the videos.

IMO

I was on a break at work yesterday and took a quick peek at my phone for updates in the news. My normal reaction when I read that the Sherman’s deaths were ruled double murder would have been, “I knew it!”, since I hadn’t really accepted murder suicide. However, all I felt was sadness. I know it seems BS had a lot of enemies, but for someone to actually to have so much hatred towards him to either kill him or have him killed is very hard for me to take in right now. IMO, I believe HS was killed just because she was there.

I don't mean to repeat myself, but I still think that leaving them hanging on display, side by side, in a half sitting postion, with their necks tied to pool railings by men's leather belts, makes a statement about shaming this couple, and their family. That shame may be evident to the Jewish Community at large, because in their culture, death by hanging implies a divine curse. Possibly whoever ordered the hit felt that somehow they deserved a curse, which justified their deaths. IMO
Sphinx, do you mean someone felt the Shermans deserved to die this way or maybe the killers purposely set up the scene in such a way to make people believe they deserved to die this way?

I'll agree that we should wait, but the TP did state that it was a professional hit.

This murder was very complicated to accomplish:

No forced entry
Pool camera turned off
Staged to look like a murder-suicide or double suicide

That is not easy to do. The MO's of other wealthy couples killed in T.O. were sloppy compared to this one. Unorganized.

It took the police 6 weeks to investigate the home, and although it was a large home it was in great shape as it was prepared for sale.

They also had a housekeeper and I didn't see a lot of clutter in that home in the pictures or in the videos.

IMO

Did TP state that it was a professional hit? I don't recall this. They did say the Sherman's were targeted.

Can this be interpreted as the same thing?

To be contrarian:

1. They may have been in the house before as guests if not hired killers, also they may have simply lay in wait. Staging the deaths is unnecessary and unprofessional.

2. Or they lay in wait

3. Why capture them? Seems sloppy. Two slugs or slit their throats.

4. Seems instinctive. Binding the wrists seems unnecessarily drawn out.

5. Not established or proven, wholly speculative.

6. Depends on security measures. There are suggestions they weren’t security conscious people. Not hard to do in darkness. We also don’t know if they were seen at all.

7. Not established. Police may have been onto murder quicker than we think.

8. That seems like their established lifestyle. Again, if the killers were known to them, which can’t be ruled out, it’s irrelevant.

9. Not proven at this point. Shermans may not have used security cameras. Lots of people have alarm/security systems and never bother.

Of note re 9- Joe Warmingtons column today which was previously linked in was indicated that the security cameras in the pool area has been unplugged. No indication if that occurred A long time ago, or just before the crime. If one can put any stock in Joe,s sources

Just a quick perusal of this site can be an amazing education. "What burglars " ? I would say fairly young, probably high during the event. No/low impulse control. I have said from the start that there is a sociopathic element to this crime.Never for a moment did I entertain a murder/suicide. Most crimes are basic,with very basic motives, not exotic ones, but this is just my opinion.

Oh, I have definitely seen instances of burglars getting violent, my point was that that didn't just go over-the-top in killing them, they went out of their way to find belts and tie them up to the railing by the pool side by side. This isn't the same thing in my opinion.

FD has been the strangest “celebrity” in Toronto for a good 15 years. I have friends who are fascinated with him.

And here I only remember him for his cheap apple juice.

Celebrity? Really?

There were allegations made by Teva in court and reported in the news, so I think we're in the clear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

But that's my point....they're just allegations at this point so we shouldn't talk as if it is a fact that he is guilty of this.

I was on a break at work yesterday and took a quick peek at my phone for updates in the news. My normal reaction when I read that the Sherman’s deaths were ruled double murder would have been, “I knew it!”, since I hadn’t really accepted murder suicide. However, all I felt was sadness. I know it seems BS had a lot of enemies, but for someone to actually to have so much hatred towards him to either kill him or have him killed is very hard for me to take in right now. IMO, I believe HS was killed just because she was there.

According to TPS, HS was also targeted. Just saying.

And here I only remember him for his cheap apple juice.

Celebrity? Really?

He makes movies that he shoots in a few days with beaten down stars.

He has a terrible talk show where he buys the airtime and self produces it.

His singing.

Starring in in his own ads.

Very much a self promoter. Google him up.

I’m not sure I understand. Do you mean scared of jd? Because Jack would have already assumed it was a double homicide. Or do you think that until it was announced, jack suspected a murder suicide?
No, I don't mean scared of JD. I mean scared of Teva and the possibility that this was a message to others at Apotex.

However, I don't believe it is related to Teva, I was just thinking that Jack Kay might. I don't know if he thought it might be murder suicide before the police announcement.

I had read something earlier that gave me the impression that JD worked for Teva before he worked for Apotex, because the report I read said something like Teva is taking legal action against a former employee... Now I realise that was referring to his girlfriend.

"In the Pharmaceutical Industry, it got personal."

The Producer for The Fifth Estate has a very shocking interview here, about what he has learned that a competitor did to try and get dirt on Barry Sherman.

-A competitor from Europe discussed putting Barry in a compromising position

-Planting cocaine on Barry

-Compromising sexual positions

When that didn't work, the European Competitor actually hired spies:

-To go to the picnic tables at Apotex, dress up as workers, and talk to employees to try to get dirt on Barry Sherman

Apotex said that Barry Sherman did get death threats.

The above notes are verbatim starting at approximately the 6:45 mark in this CBC video

https://youtu.be/dOdqAnnN6Oo

FWIW, have a look at this- not MSM, but just more grist for the mill!!! From 2014. All IMO:

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/rob-fords-toronto.14268/page-3792

"...New information also ties Frank D'Angelo to the Crips and Bloods, two of the biggest, most violent street gangs in North America... and the cause of much of the recent gun violence in Toronto and Vancouver...

So for all the gun-lovers out there who are upset about gun violence/crime causing Canadians to want more gun control laws, you have a new group of people to blame: The Mafia. After all if there's smuggling involved, the mafia is usually the ones doing it in large container ships that aren't checked thoroughly at docks...
What is funny is that its not the Russian mafia or the Chinese... this is the good ol' fashioned Italian mafia...
That is until some idiotic fop like Frank D'Angelo appears. D'Angelo was born to Italian/Sicilian immigrants here in Toronto. In the 1980s and 90s he built up a beverage/food company with the help of Al Palladini (born in Italy, but later became Minister of Transportation under Premier Mike Harris)...
In 2002 Frank D'Angelo went into the beer business, promoting his Steelback Brewery. The brewery later went bust and filed for bankruptcy protection in 2007 after defrauding investor Barry Sherman of $102 million CDN. D'Angelo lost control of the brewery to Sherman's son and eventually it went bust in 2009. Records show that D'Angelo wasted a lot of the money sponsoring sporting events, including quite a few transactions that look more like money laundering...
Since then its come out the Toronto police have been infiltrated by the mafia, that drug and gun money is being laundered in Toronto through legitimate bank accounts belonging to local businessmen, and this money is being used to pay and supply guns to local gangs (including the Bloods and the Crips)....
If someone in the mafia had any brains they'd shoot Frank D'Angelo before he does another stupid thing which lands a bunch of them all in prison...
Remember what I said at the top about a tangled web of deceit? The mafia, Frank D'Angelo, crooked cops and even crooked politicians..."

Potentially new evidence found by CP24 Camerman as the PI's were wrapping up today - Honey Sherman's Earrings

Ross is being interviewed by CTV tonight regarding the find.

Click on his FB page to view the photos of the earrings found, and the earrings on Honey Sherman.

Crime Power & Politics, by Ross McLean added 5 new photos.

2 hrs ·

While at the Sherman Home today, Private Investigator Martin Woodhouse was recording some notes, when the lone media on site from CP24 saw something, the camera man with eagle eyes saw what appeared to be earings, lying in the street near the end of the western exit from the Sherman driveway. He brought it to the attention of the Detective, who video taped the evidence then collected it as potential evidence. With the snow now melted, the earings revealed themselves. Could they be related to the murders? Investigations will tell, the police would not comment on anything being taken from the home as a motive for the crimes. The earings, its hard to tell bare a resemblence to earings that Honey Sherman wore - but it is way to early to tell.

https://www.facebook.com/RossMcleanSec/

But that's my point....they're just allegations at this point so we shouldn't talk as if it is a fact that he is guilty of this.
Point taken. But the fact that his GF went to work with one of Apotex's biggest competitors looks pretty bad. The whistleblower was also an Apotex employee.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

He makes movies that he shoots in a few days with beaten down stars.

He has a terrible talk show where he buys the airtime and self produces it.

His singing.

Starring in in his own ads.

Very much a self promoter. Google him up.
answered my own question :)

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Kind of interesting that TPS handed out this guy's picture.

Fraudster surfaces in Sherman case

[FONT=&amp]Liz BraunMore from Liz Braun

[/FONT]
cache.php

[FONT=&amp]File photo of convicted fraudster Shaun Rootenberg, aka Shaun Rothberg.Toronto Police handout
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]A bad penny always turns up.

Thornhill fraudster Shaun Rootenberg — aka Shaun Rothberg — has defrauded family, friends and business associates out of millions of dollars over the years.

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/fraudster-surfaces-in-sherman-case

[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members