CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will have a hard time justifying shackling and starvation and isolation of children with wicca. Parental control and spare the rode spoil the child and all that jazz are rather the hallmark of patriarchal religions...

EDIT: not that it is justifiable in any way of course.

they were just plain evil

old saying " preacher's kids are the worst" I guess this would apply to LT for sure

Respectfully, the defense attorneys are not going to waltz into the courtroom, throw their hands up and declare their clients guilty, they are going to put on a defense, and in a high profile case, it's going to be a doozie.

The jury will ultimately decide based on facts, circumstantial evidence, the Prosecution's alleged motive, and a theory by the accused's defense team.

Are we not curious what the defense will use to try and "justify" the actions that are detailed in the DA's charges, and what will not be considered evidence at all?

Speaking for myself, presenting possible defense scenarios, in an effort to anticipate what the Turpin's attorneys may interject to possibly cause reasonable "doubt", is hardly justifying child abuse.

As a matter of fact, I share (eerily) much in common with these survivors and I can assure you there is no justification in my mind or heart for any form of child abuse. I have spent most of my life searching for a good excuse because my abuser died before I could find the courage to ask him why, and the other parent has offered little. I have found only one halfway justified excuse, the 1999 case of Betty Topper. Brain damage.

I have been on this forum for many years and have never so much as hinted at my story because I am a very private person and, IMO, it has no place on another victim's thread. I only now mention it because I would ask people to please consider this before harshly judging someone's words and/or intent...they might be victims too.

I think the defense may try to prove LT is also a victim, who was groomed from age 16 into obeying her master and terrorized by him. Then they just need to find a psych illness in DT and make him unaccountable for his actions.

A little off topic, but I was raised and taught how to drive a car at an early age.
(Not allowed to do it regularly)
The reasoning was, in the event I was kidnapped and under 15, I'd know how to drive a car
<so I could drive and get away to get help>

I didn't do the same with my children as the area we lived was much busier traffic wise and I felt uncomfortable -

Over the years I have met other people that were taught to drive between 10 and 12.

Something to think about and ponder I guess.

Why would they have taught any children to drive?
THAT makes no sense.
Unchain them and give them the keys to the car?

Stockholm syndrome I guess.

MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Or they said, "If you aren't back by x time, we'll kill/strangle/hurt your siblings"

Most of the pictures of them all together look extremely posed, but there seems to be a common theme running through them of the siblings with their arms in front and crossed at the wrists.

Any ideas what that might be about?

The body language is interesting, though i don't know a lot about it. The siblings always seem far more comfortable with each other than with LT and DT, which doesn't imply healthy family life to me...we know that, but even if we didn't know anything about them I think it would be an interesting case study in body language.

The one with them all sort of touching, it's like someone's told them that it's odd that there's so little physical contact between them in photos and they've staged this fake contact for effect. Then there's the one with them all leaping as if for happiness in a sort of emulation of an over-done advertising gimmick for a product. Everything seems to be done with cold calculation.

At 16.07 in the Elvis video, one of the girls introduces herself as a name that is not one of the ones listed on the obit notice. I know we have to be careful about what we discuss here, BUT there&#8217;s been lots of speculation about the signature that went with the wall art and I was trying to figure out if that&#8217;s the name she said. I am not able to confirm that it is... despite listening over and over. Maybe though, from what I can gather some of the marvellous survivors did have nicknames...

I slowed the video down and that allowed me to hear them better and understand what they were saying. The first girl sounds like she's saying Jenny but that isn't her name. I think she might be trying to say her name but can't due to speech problems. The second and third girl both say their names but, again, speech problems make it sound different. They all are partially mispronouncing their names and the baby voices they have don't help neither.

From what I could hear, the names they said were all listed in the obituary but like I said, the first girl isn't/can't pronounce her name correctly.

Most of the pictures of them all together look extremely posed, but there seems to be a common theme running through them of the siblings with their arms in front and crossed at the wrists.

Any ideas what that might be about?

The body language is interesting, though i don't know a lot about it. The siblings always seem far more comfortable with each other than with LT and DT, which doesn't imply healthy family life to me...we know that, but even if we didn't know anything about them I think it would be an interesting case study in body language.

The one with them all sort of touching, it's like someone's told them that it's odd that there's so little physical contact between them in photos and they've staged this fake contact for effect. Then there's the one with them all leaping as if for happiness in a sort of emulation of an over-done advertising gimmick for a product. Everything seems to be done with cold calculation.

My old photographer friend called it the "Toyota! shot" when everyone jumps in the air for the photo. She enjoyed doing it with bridal parties. I could see LT being familiar with posing. Or maybe she saw it done and had the kids recreate it (the 2nd red shirt photo with hands folded and arms crossed at wrists comes to mind).

The body language is very interesting and could be telling, I think. For example, I believe the oldest girl is standing close to her possibly similarly aged cousin in one family photo. I hope they have a familial connection. That family makes me nervous, but they've stayed out of the media and that one image of possible closeness has stayed with me.

I do kind of think they went to a studio or something for the blue shirts shots.

I slowed the video down and that allowed me to hear them better and understand what they were saying. The first girl sounds like she's saying Jenny but that isn't her name. I think she might be trying to say her name but can't due to speech problems. The second and third girl both say their names but, again, speech problems make it sound different. They all are partially mispronouncing their names and the baby voices they have don't help neither.

From what I could hear, the names they said were all listed in the obituary but like I said, the first girl isn't/can't pronounce her name correctly.

I don't think it's "Jenny", I think it is a shortened version of her name. She seems to stutter a bit and its hard since she isn't facing directly into the camera at that point. The third girl is saying her name, but like you I took it as a speech issue with a particular letter. It seems to me that the same speech issue is apparent elsewhere in that video with her as well.

One more from the day of posing with characters. Four pigtails and one bangs, same day. Their poor feet in those flip flops. And the middle boy is posing so carefully. He tugs at my heartstrings. He always seems to try SO hard. The youngest on this day, taking all the pictures together still looks 4ish to me, but certainly could be 6/7. She's hamming it up for the camera, maybe a little baby innocence, yet? But that doesn't work if I think our brave whistleblower may be around 12/13 here. I think. Correct me where I'm wrong.

attachment.php

BBM.
First off, my heart is broken too! He seems like such a nice kid/adult. I feel so bad for each and everyone of them but especially him. This is just MOO, but I feel like he was targeted more than the others. The pictures from 2015 where he looks to be 15-ish are devastating when you realize he was around 20 years old.

Second, I believe these pictures are from 2011 so she (#8) would have been around 11 years old. I'm not sure how old that would make the youngest (#12)? Maybe around 5/6.

I don't think it's "Jenny", I think it is a shortened version of her name. She seems to stutter a bit and its hard since she isn't facing directly into the camera at that point. The third girl is saying her name, but like you I took it as a speech issue with a particular letter. It seems to me that the same speech issue is apparent elsewhere in that video with her as well.

Yeah, I think she's saying her name/nickname but it sounds like Jenny due to the speech problem. Hopefully, they can all be/are being treated for any issues they have mentally, physically, and physiologically.

BBM.
First off, my heart is broken too! He seems like such a nice kid/adult. I feel so bad for each and everyone of them but especially him. This is just MOO, but I feel like he was targeted more than the others. The pictures from 2015 where he looks to be 15-ish are devastating when you realize he was around 20 years old.

Second, I believe these pictures are from 2011 so she (#8) would have been around 11 years old. I'm not sure how old that would make the youngest (#12)? Maybe around 5/6.

I think you are right. About him being singled out and ages.

I was laying in bed thinking of all the pictures I combed through to share these. Here are my current working thoughts on years.

2010 first red shirt pic

2011 visit to Mickey/Eeyore/Jasmine/Cars

2012 (DTs parents visited 6 years ago according to media? iirc, but maybe not.) Extended family pics. I cannot decide if extended family pics are same trip different days or completely different occasions. Numbered pic might help. I don't think things were hunky dory as the GPs reported on their visit. Not at all.

2013 ???? Second red shirt pic??? Not sure what year that could be, but difference in kids health is drastic between the two, imo. Comparing to videos from known dates 2013/2015 might help.

2014 circus circus red shirt pic(s) and it only gets worse from there. But the addition of baby #13 makes it a little easier to track the time.

A little off topic, but I was raised and taught how to drive a car at an early age.
(Not allowed to do it regularly)
The reasoning was, in the event I was kidnapped and under 15, I'd know how to drive a car
<so I could drive and get away to get help>

I didn't do the same with my children as the area we lived was much busier traffic wise and I felt uncomfortable -

Over the years I have met other people that were taught to drive between 10 and 12.

Something to think about and ponder I guess.

Why would they have taught any children to drive?
THAT makes no sense.
Unchain them and give them the keys to the car?

Stockholm syndrome I guess.

MOO

I would guess siblings were threatened. You come back by this time or little sibling will pay for your disobedience.......

I feel ill.
I pray that there have never been more than 13.
In some sick evil way, my gut says they kept the # @ 13 for a reason.

Probably NOT!
WE WOULD have heard about missing siblings by now wouldn't we?
MOO

I doubt it.
If there were other children, it would more than likely come out during the trial (if it goes to one).
LE would keep that info close to the vest, IMO

I&#8217;ve wondered if the time they met up with cousins at Disney didn&#8217;t spark an interest in escape. Something said that made one of the siblings, our hero possibly, think that this is not right. Or even an off the cuff remark about calling 911. And then later at the &#8220;2 years&#8221; ago timeframe he or she started talking to siblings about what the cousin said and planning their escape.

I&#8217;ve wondered if the time they met up with cousins at Disney didn&#8217;t spark an interest in escape. Something said that made one of the siblings, our hero possibly, think that this is not right. Or even an off the cuff remark about calling 911. And then later at the &#8220;2 years&#8221; ago timeframe he or she started talking to siblings about what the cousin said and planning their escape.

It's possible. I do think that while they tried to keep just enough visible presence for the family (trips and group photos) to make it "seem" like everything was okay and they were a normal family, in the end that backfired - not because the outside world got a view of the family, but because the siblings got a view of the outside world. Sort of like seeing something new for the first time and then wondering how you never knew that before.

I think the defense may try to prove LT is also a victim, who was groomed from age 16 into obeying her master and terrorized by him. Then they just need to find a psych illness in DT and make him unaccountable for his actions.
Somewhat OT, but since we are studying pictures, something odd always strikes me about LT's nose. Anyone else? See comparison pictures, has she had a nose job? If so, for cosmetic reasons? Or broken at some time?
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180126_223928.jpg
    20180126_223928.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 694
I am not sure what exactly the animal cages were used for, but it will probably be revealed. After I heard a local radio show, I saw a Youtube posting with a Facebook posting from someone saying it was well known that kids were tied to what is referred to as a "dog house." I do not know what is true or not, but some people refer to "animal cages" as a "dog house." I do not know if it is true or not.

BBM
If this is true, then all knew this, at that time, should be ashamed of themselves for not calling LE and making a report. I'd almost go as far as to suggest charges against them. I wonder if TX has a "Bad Samaritan" law of any sort.

At 16.07 in the Elvis video, one of the girls introduces herself as a name that is not one of the ones listed on the obit notice. I know we have to be careful about what we discuss here, BUT there’s been lots of speculation about the signature that went with the wall art and I was trying to figure out if that’s the name she said. I am not able to confirm that it is... despite listening over and over. Maybe though, from what I can gather some of the marvellous survivors did have nicknames...

Some reports say they'd not give out their names in public. They may have had nicknames to give out, when asked, out on public trips.

Somewhat OT, but since we are studying pictures, something odd always strikes me about LT's nose. Anyone else? See comparison pictures, has she had a nose job? If so, for cosmetic reasons? Or broken at some time?
attachment.php

Good eye, great comparisons. You've piqued my curiosity. In my family noses get bigger and wider with age. I wonder what others will have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea