Found Deceased TN - Blake Smith, 20, Knoxville, 3 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering the same thing -- IIRC Blaze Bernstein's parents used a similar app with him being in college at U of Penn.
I used it at one time with my daughter. Even though she was in her early 20s and a mom of 2 she is also bipolar. On hey downward spirals I've used it. We never actually checked in on her unless there was a specific reason.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I used it at one time with my daughter. Even though she was in her early 20s and a mom of 2 she is also bipolar. On hey downward spirals I've used it. We never actually checked in on her unless there was a specific reason.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes, in many cases I think it would be a very useful app.
It just seems frighteningly like an episode from Black Mirror's latest season.
Maybe, under normal circumstances, knowing our adult kids' every move is not a healthy way forward...and it does make you wonder if in cases where adults have been keeping close tabs on their older kids, if there's not been some problem in the past: skipping classes, drugs, unsavory friends, too much partying...

that app also allows you to see where they have been all day. I use mine for my 15 year old daughter and can see her walk from the house to Walgreens and back again.

that app also allows you to see where they have been all day. I use mine for my 15 year old daughter and can see her walk from the house to Walgreens and back again.

But she's a 15 year old girl - I don't blame you, that's smart!

But a 20 year old man who's on his own.. that's odd to me.

I have a college-aged 20 year old and I never track her, but I trust her and she has never lied to me saying she would be somewhere and not there or snuck away from me - in all her life.

As for Crown College, my limited knowledge is through the Bates family (on TV as Bringing Up Bates), as some of their girls attend. I think one of the Duggar boys attended too.

Between the park and where his car was found is about 7.5 miles away. Per the news now, his vehicle was found running with a cinder block on the gas ‘crashed’ into a deck of a house that was going up. Now, the block could not have been put on very far from the deck, or the phone was placed after it hit the deck...even with a non-sliding case, at the force a car would hit an object to come to a stop had it been set up from any distance, would cause a phone lying on a seat to be thrown off the seat upon impact. Also, if things weren’t staged after the accident, the car could not have gone far from the point where someone exited and dropped things, or his items would not have been found so close.

Best case scenario, he wanted to get away from it all for a while. Maybe there was a lot of pressure, rules, parents still checking in on him and tracking him, etc - and hopefully will show up soon. A little embarrassed, but none the worse for wear. Fingers crossed!

Now, the block could not have been put on very far from the deck, or the phone was placed after it hit the deck...even with a non-sliding case, at the force a car would hit an object to come to a stop had it been set up from any distance, would cause a phone lying on a seat to be thrown off the seat upon impact. Also, if things weren’t staged after the accident, the car could not have gone far from the point where someone exited and dropped things, or his items would not have been found so close.

Great sleuthing! Hmmm.. :thinking:

The only issue I have that needs to be looked at is Blake's connections with the jails and juvenile homes where he preaches to the inmates. I'm thinking someone may have slipped and said something to him during these sessions and now they need to silence him.

OT: Re 360 life.
Is this the new norm? Do most parents still keep that closer eye on their 20-year-olds?

It seems odd to me. I use it when I go hiking alone, but that’s the only time.

So many questions about this case. I have my theory, but time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT: Re 360 life.
Is this the new norm? Do most parents still keep that closer eye on their 20-year-olds?

I read Websleuths. If I could, I'd have this app on my 30-something siblings and cousins, my 60-something aunt and in-laws, my teen children....everyone I love! Just in case they go missing it would give me a starting place to look!

More info provided from the news:
He left work around 14:00 and then stopped at his dorm. The photo in the park was taken around 15:00. Also, when his car was found, it was still running and in reverse with the doors open and some damage to one of the doors. Unknown if his car was crashed forward or backward into the deck. Damage was to the drivers door.
Possible scenario: someone set up the car to drive down the road but accidentally put the car in reverse rather than drive. Maybe they were facing towards the rear of the car when they put it in gear from neutral, pulling it in the direction they would have had they been facing forward. The damage to the door could then be by them getting struck by the door as the car took off in a direction they were not expecting.

It pretty much has to be him. They called off volunteers for the search at around the time the helicopter was out (not long after their drone found the male body) + the location.
Due to the body language of the guy talking, I wonder if this my be a suicide or complicated accidental death. Either way, I hope they find answers for the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz