FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It bothers me that I read here that her bf had said that their last convo was about "where is this relationship going ". It was also stated that they argued. About what I don't know. I don't understand this. The truth doesn't change over time. Not saying that her bf was in any way involved.Just don't understand the changes. jmo

Could that (if true) have had a bearing on jens actions?

Also i see mentioned a couple of times her car was washed by the POI? Is this correct?

Could that (if true) have had a bearing on jens actions?

Also i see mentioned a couple of times her car was washed by the POI? Is this correct?

When she spoke with her bf that night, he said that she was in bed. And also, there was a knock at her door, which JK apparently told him she thought might be her upstairs neighbor. But, JK's parents have said repeatedly how security minded she was. Yet supposedly she wasn't alarmed by that person at her door that night ? I wondered if her BF had been alarmed enough to call her back a bit later, just to make sure all was well ?

I still go back to the old rule: The last one to see her alive is most likely the suspect. Jenn and her BF took a very romantic trip, yet he states that they had not gotten to the point where they said 'I love you to one another' - yet, they were together for a year! Something about that just doesn't sit well with me; Jennifer seem like the type to be able to make a hard decision and stick with it. When they got back from the trip, did she break up with him? After all, her last call was to him...

Monday, Jan 23, 2006
-6:00AM - Jennifer left her Rob?s and drove directly to work at Westgate Resorts in Ocoee, FL. She worked a full day and left work at about 6PM.
-PM - Jennifer spoke to her parents; she also spoke to her brother Logan. He said everything was normal? she told him about her trip? she seemed happy. She also spoke to Logan's friend about shipping his cell phone back to him.
-9:57PM? Jennifer called her boyfriend Rob. Jennifer was in bed, was tired from the vacation, and had a long day at work. They talked briefly, they both said they missed each other and were looking forward to the next time they were going to spend with each other (clearly, this is what Rob said).

#1, there was a whole days worth of people who last saw her, including a person from work who's interactions with Jennifer has been much discussed.

#2, nevertheless, assuming you mean nobody she saw all day counts, do you know how far away her bf lives? And was at work when she is believed to have disappeared by her parents and police. Whatever discussion was had, it would require a late night drive to "disappear" Jennifer and a middle of the night drive back and then pop into getting ready for work and start calling her. You should give that some more thought.

#3, also you should give more credit to people who willingly take lie detector tests to help the investigation into the disappearance of a loved one. That is not a trivial decision and requires ignoring legal advice because you care more about a loved one than yourself.

#4, I am the originator of the phrase silent ex, not sure that anyone else even uses it, but that describes what your rule #1 should be. In this case I do not think that applies as I do not think there are any silent ex's but the last one who saw her is generally overridden by last one who saw her who refuses to cooperate with the investigation.

rd

When she spoke with her bf that night, he said that she was in bed. And also, there was a knock at her door, which JK apparently told him she thought might be her upstairs neighbor. But, JK's parents have said repeatedly how security minded she was. Yet supposedly she wasn't alarmed by that person at her door that night ? I wondered if her BF had been alarmed enough to call her back a bit later, just to make sure all was well ?

Was BF's account that someone knocked on Jennifer's door while he was talking to her the only report of that? Why didn't he hang on while she answered the door since after 10pm is pretty late for someone to be knocking on her door? This is very suspicious to me!

Too many variables here to know if fraud that could have been occurring and detected. The business world is loaded with cases where a single employee committed fraud for years, sometimes over a decade and no one, not even the public accounting firm, detected it. Contrary to what many believe, a public accounting firm is not there to look specifically for fraud. They need to be on the look out for it, but fraud work is a specific field usually best performed by a certified fraud examiner (CFE). The fact that the company was privately held could be a factor as the owner could be doing something and not answerable to a board creates a different environment than a public traded company.
That said, I don't know what Jennifer's duties consisted of at the company. Wikipedia says a 'finance manager'. If any person is going stumble across fraud, it will likely be someone in accounting or in internal audit and not all companies have an internal audit function. If Jennifer was not in accounting, then I'd say it is unlikely she would uncover suspicious transactions. Most embezzlers don't commit murder either.

In addition, more importantly, is that her behavior of prepping for an important meeting the next morning, discussing with her boss and co-workers, is not one of someone who has uncovered financial irregularities at work. Also she would have at least hinted at it to her parents. There's been posts from the beginning alluding to the nature of the business and ownership, probably not on here because it's more respectable, but just the nature of the beast.

This is second time I've seen this recently, I guess both posts from you. When did this knock on the door info come about? I've never heard that before.

This is second time I've seen this recently, I guess both posts from you. When did this knock on the door info come about? I've never heard that before.

I've read about his account of the knock on Websleuths, admittedly, I haven't finished listening to all of Unconcluded but haven't heard it reported on the podcasts that I have heard so far. It seems common knowledge on Websleuths.

It came from Mr Kesse, I believe either on an Unconcluded podcast, or a very recent interview. I have only seen it mentioned by her BF.

Was BF's account that someone knocked on Jennifer's door while he was talking to her the only report of that? Why didn't he hang on while she answered the door since after 10pm is pretty late for someone to be knocking on her door? This is very suspicious to me!

Mr. kesse mentioned it, and I can only assume it came from her BF. It was never gone into in detail. I wish..

Mr. kesse mentioned it, and I can only assume it came from her BF. It was never gone into in detail. I wish..

That's pretty amazing info to come out after all these years from them. I've kicked around in this forum from the beginning (granted, with many years passing between visits at times) and this is first I've seen it mentioned. And there's been some intensive discussions. This Unconcluded thing isn't all that old, is it? So all this time it was known that Jennifer told her bf that someone knocked on the door and the only thing that was talked about for 10+ years was whether Jennifer thought he said I love you sufficiently? That is beyond bizarre, I really don't have a word for it.

Or at least one I can use here.

That's pretty amazing info to come out after all these years from them. I've kicked around in this forum from the beginning (granted, with many years passing between visits at times) and this is first I've seen it mentioned. And there's been some intensive discussions. This Unconcluded thing isn't all that old, is it? So all this time it was known that Jennifer told her bf that someone knocked on the door and the only thing that was talked about for 10+ years was whether Jennifer thought he said I love you sufficiently? That is beyond bizarre, I really don't have a word for it.

I'm the culprit who brought that here first, and I do regret it if it is being used to cast suspicion on Rob in any way.

I'll link it again here for convenience. (I did link it on the Theories thread previously.)

Podcast at about 9 minutes in: https://audioboom.com/posts/6396347-unit-2226

And there is a little more in this Sidebar episode at about 5:49 minutes in: https://audioboom.com/posts/6418212-sidebar-10-22-17

I think Mr. Kesse's mention of it in the podcast dated Oct. 15/17, was the first time anyone ever heard of it.

Notice Mr. Kesse does not say it was during the conversation with Rob, nor does he give a time. Shaun (podcast person) says in the sidebar portion that he is under the impression only that it was a neighbor and he was talked to, but he was going to confirm even that. (If he has, I haven't heard it yet.)

We don't have a time for the knock, only that it happened the evening of the 23rd. Jennifer talked on the phone a lot that evening, it could have been while she was talking to someone else.

I'm sure who ever Jennifer was speaking to asked themselves the question you asked a million times and then some.

Yes, it was mind blowing. First I ever heard of it. If it happened, well, I believe it t be extremely important. jmo.

We don't have a time for the knock, only that it happened the evening of the 23rd. Jennifer talked on the phone a lot that evening, it could have been while she was talking to someone else.

I'm sure who ever Jennifer was speaking to asked themselves the question you asked a million times and then some.

Huh ? I read that her BF discussed the knock on her door with JK while he was on the phone with her. She told him it might have been her neighbor who lived upstairs. So it does sound like it came from her BF. jmo.

Huh ? I read that her BF discussed the knock on her door with JK while he was on the phone with her. She told him it might have been her neighbor who lived upstairs. So it does sound like it came from her BF. jmo.

And late at night, around 10 pm. Why in the world would anyone shrug this off, probably a neighbor, yada yada. Completely mindblowing. Let's see. Knock on door, woman disappears. Oh nothing to see here, not even worth mentioning.

wow.

I think there might be a difference between what Mr. Kesse actually said and the Facebook discussion of what Mr. Kesse said.

There is no fact basis what-so-ever for the other.

If there is, please link.

And late at night, around 10 pm. Why in the world would anyone shrug this off, probably a neighbor, yada yada. Completely mindblowing. Let's see. Knock on door, woman disappears. Oh nothing to see here, not even worth mentioning.

wow.
Plus the timing of the phone pings from the ping study--no matter how bizarre their location, plus the final events of both phones on the evening of the 23rd.

Nope, nothing to be seen here, folks. Let's move on. For another 12 years.

I have followed this case, as have others, since week one.

Never ever did I hear of a knock on the door.

I'm not suggesting it didn't happen but since it is in the public domain LE might like to confirm there was a knock on the door.
What have they or anyone else got to lose?

People wonder why this case hasn't been solved. Amongst other things it's starting to resemble a game of hide and seek.

If the knock on the door came when she was in bed, speaking to BF, why isn't the bed turned down in the photos? It is made and with folded cloths on it IIRC. It may have been a neighbor, and he or she is then the last person to see her alive. Or did someone knock the next morning, but who would have known that? She didn't speak to anyone in the a.m. So we go back to when was the knock? or was it a different day? And it became part to this theory.

I made a transcript from both podcasts of what was said. I don't think there are any errors in the transcript, but if there is, I am responsible.

Mr. Kesse gave no time; he did not indicate with whom Jennifer was speaking.

Please listen to the podcast and hear it for yourself.

At about 9 minutes in:

Mr. Kesse: Now there was a knock on her door that Monday night and she believed it was her neighbor upstairs. It was a guy. She didn’t answer it.
https://audioboom.com/posts/6396347-unit-2226

Clearly in this follow up podcast, Shaun is replying to a voice mail. But notice when he mentions assumptions.

Please take a moment to listen for yourself--and maybe also to the actual voice mail Shaun is responding to (for a good example of how rumors get started).

At about 5:54 minutes in:

Shaun: The knock on the door is certainly one of the interesting pieces of information that came out of last episode.

And up front, I’m not clear on exactly how Drew Kesse knows that the neighbor knocked on her door that night; or even what time it happened. I haven’t had a chance to follow up with him on those questions yet.

And in fact the first time I’m hearing this question right now—your voice mail—is as I’m recording this episode.

So, I think though, you bring up a good point. If we make the assumption that her boyfriend was on the phone with her when the knock occurred it is not outside the realm of possibility that if it was someone like you mentioned—maybe her [redacted] or someone else--that she could have brushed it off with him as just a neighbor.

Based on my conversations, I’m under the impression that this neighbor was talked to and there was an explanation. However, an impression certainly isn’t fact. And I’m struggling to put into words exactly why I have that impression.

So at this point, I think you make a good point; but we still need to follow up on it before I can really give a full answer that I feel comfortable with.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6418212-sidebar-10-22-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member