FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished the Pod Cast, it was good. The punch-out-Worker, if he was arrested, just put his name in the clerk of that court records and see what he was arrested for. Or pay an onlne service for a background check, you can see where and what he was arrested for. FL is one of the few states that you can get arrests information on a person just by going to the Clerk Of courts records. So they should be able to find out why he was arrested. As far as poly graphs go, ya you can beat them, but they have to have other information on this guy that made them not pursue him. Or they don't have anything other than his statement and the fact he worked at her condo. If he gets arrested again, they should go talk to him again. Sometimes you can use it to get someone to talk for a lighter sentence.

No, but I will soon. The records come from the phone company, there would be data on the cell, but I don't know about a land line. I know you would know what calls came in and out, but shut Off? Cells yes you know if they are shut off because of tower activity and pinging. I don't know a lot about the phones, but I will check out the pod cast. Thank you

I do think a fresh set of eyes would help. Sometimes there is a belief about one piece of evidence that gets carried over into the case for years, but it could be a false belief. So someone else can see it sometimes and say "wait, that's not right". I don't think they should give their case over to outsiders. JMO, only because, you would be showing your hand and if at some point, someone does confess or you arrest someone, you have tainted the case. I know it's hard, but cases have been lost in court of chain of evidence or someone feeding information to an outside source. I do think they (OPD) or the FBI could bring in other help.
Just wanted to mention--Jennifer had an answering machine hooked up to her landline, too.

I basically agree with your second paragraph. I understand how releasing everything to the public could compromise the investigation.

I haven't given much thought to human trafficking in this case, but I think that there are so many other ways in this area to get a victim. Orlando is huge, lots of clubs, hookup places, prostitution, massage parlors, that if I was going to get a girl to sell, I would have picked an easier target. I also wouldn't risk going to her apartment, taking her car, returning the car. Nope just grab her at a club or off the streets. But that is me. I think this person went under the radar, and was never questioned. They are in her outer circle, but she knew them well enough to open a door, not run if they came up to her car. Not the workers, she was scared of them. They also had someone that would return that car, like a favor. Security person? Cop?
BBM - That is what sets this case apart from the rest for me.

How did Jennifer wind up a target? I cannot find anything. She understood the danger of being a single, attractive woman living alone; she took every precaution to keep herself safe.

This doesn't appear to me to have been a crime of passion, nor a "random victim" crime. In both of those types of crimes, usually the victim is discarded and left where the crime was committed.

I just finished the Pod Cast, it was good. The punch-out-Worker, if he was arrested, just put his name in the clerk of that court records and see what he was arrested for. Or pay an onlne service for a background check, you can see where and what he was arrested for. FL is one of the few states that you can get arrests information on a person just by going to the Clerk Of courts records. So they should be able to find out why he was arrested. As far as poly graphs go, ya you can beat them, but they have to have other information on this guy that made them not pursue him. Or they don't have anything other than his statement and the fact he worked at her condo. If he gets arrested again, they should go talk to him again. Sometimes you can use it to get someone to talk for a lighter sentence.
Interesting. Maybe if Mr. Kesse is able to put his own team on the case, he will have them look deeper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vidocq_Society

I would suggest that they contact this organization and submit her case. You do have to get OPD to agree on it, because they have to turn over case files.
I did check out your link a little.

From it, I see this:

Snipped quote: ... use their experience to provide justice for investigations that have gone cold ...

I think that might be a problem. OPD do not consider this a cold case. That's why Mr. Kesse is proceeding with the law suit. It's not for money or anything like that, but he wants an investigative team that he has put together to have access to Jennifer's case files. My understanding is that the team is mostly interested in the tips called in during the first two weeks of Jenn's disappearance.

And he has tried everything else--suing is a last resort.

But, I could be wrong. Maybe someone will pass your link along and something will come of it.

I personally thank you for that link, though. I'm looking forward to reading "The Murder Room" by Michael Capuzzo--can hardly wait to get started.

Thank you! Wouldn't that prove that she did get up and take a shower that morning? I just don't think that the abduction happened on Monday night.

It could mean that. Or that she took a shower and went out someplace that night. One thing I would love to know : were there any lights left on in the condo when the condo manager went in there ? I feel strongly that she would have left one or more lights on if she went out that night, and intended to return that same night. Wonder if the manager still works there ? Wish LE had been the first to enter the condo, but water under the bridge now...

It could mean that. Or that she took a shower and went out someplace that night. One thing I would love to know : were there any lights left on in the condo when the condo manager went in there ? I feel strongly that she would have left one or more lights on if she went out that night, and intended to return that same night. Wonder if the manager still works there ? Wish LE had been the first to enter the condo, but water under the bridge now...
As silly as this might sound, if JK hung the towel on a rack or hook at night, it seems to me, it would have been dry by 3pm, which is the estimated time of arrival of the Jesse's. If she showered in the morning and hung the towel up between morning shower and 3pm, it would mostly be dry, but I believe it was reported that the towel was found in the floor, damp, which suggest to me that she took a morning shower.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Her towel was draped over either her washer or dryer....I agree with you , if she used the towel around 6am to say 7 am( she left for work around 7:30 to 8 am) and the Kesse's arrived around 3 pm it would seem that in 7 to 8 hours the towel would have dried...Of course , we don't know what the humidity level was that day...I believe the temperature in Orlando was around 70 degrees on 1/24/06...Would the heat have been on in Jennifer's condo that day? Could the POI have returned to her condo and have taken a shower?

I have always wondered if Logan found the condo the way he and his friends left it when they left Jennifer's condo after spending the weekend there.....Other than a few things , Jennifer's bag in the hallway, mail on the counter, makeup on the vanity ....I know the condo was not thought to be the crime scene but since it was not processed who knows?

I have always wondered if Logan found the condo the way he and his friends left it when they left Jennifer's condo after spending the weekend there.....Other than a few things , Jennifer's bag in the hallway, mail on the counter, makeup on the vanity ....I know the condo was not thought to be the crime scene but since it was not processed who knows?
I noticed that in the Greta Investigates video, the Kesse's made a point to show that Jennifer's clothes, that she had worn to work on Monday, were folded and hung over a chair and were just as she had left them. The video of the condo looked very neat and tidy and no mess at all.

I know there were people staying in JK's condo while she was away. Her brother and some other men. I;ve always wondered about this. Why did they stay there ? did they have other people over there ? Throw parties ? Did they all go out every night ? Did any of the men other than JK's brother live in Orlando ?

No, but I will soon. The records come from the phone company, there would be data on the cell, but I don't know about a land line. I know you would know what calls came in and out, but shut Off? Cells yes you know if they are shut off because of tower activity and pinging. I don't know a lot about the phones, but I will check out the pod cast. Thank you

I do think a fresh set of eyes would help. Sometimes there is a belief about one piece of evidence that gets carried over into the case for years, but it could be a false belief. So someone else can see it sometimes and say "wait, that's not right". I don't think they should give their case over to outsiders. JMO, only because, you would be showing your hand and if at some point, someone does confess or you arrest someone, you have tainted the case. I know it's hard, but cases have been lost in court of chain of evidence or someone feeding information to an outside source. I do think they (OPD) or the FBI could bring in other help.

Landlines are always on, and for the most part local call records were not available to look up like billable (long distance) or cell phone technology. I just had my landline disconnected after all these years. I wasn't using it much and I went to pick it up after quite some time not using it and the line was dead (was happening more and more). The phone company doesn't know or care as long as it gets it's monthly payment.

Anyway, not basing my info on that. Some cases in past have had questions raised about landline local call activity and haven't seen answers about local call activity like there is for long distance or cell phone calls. And of course my answer pertains in particular to 12 years ago. As time goes by everything becomes more computerized and potential for info to be stored, who knows.

But the stuff about two phones being powered off, which Kesse appears not to have any faith in now, was of the two cell phones, not involving the landline.

I know there were people staying in JK's condo while she was away. Her brother and some other men. I;ve always wondered about this. Why did they stay there ? did they have other people over there ? Throw parties ? Did they all go out every night ? Did any of the men other than JK's brother live in Orlando ?
They stayed there to "condo sit" for Jenn. According to Unconcluded, it was just her brother and one other male friend--the one who forgot his cell phone.

It is my understanding, that JK's brother did not live in Orlando, nor the male friend that accompanied him that weekend.

These were young guys at the time--early twenties. Yes, again this is my understanding and I believe there were a few pictures which circulated years ago, they partied and probably went out every night.

Plus they had people over for drinks--one confirmed to be a good friend of JK's brother whom Jenn had once dated. (Confirmed by the Unconcluded podcast.) This person lived in Orlando at the time of Jennifer's disappearance.

He did not stay the night, simply went for drinks. Once.

Mrs. Kesse confirmed, also on the podcast, that Jenn's brother had taken care to clean her condo--leaving it as they found it--before he and his friend left.

I sent a message to the family on her website regarding the Vidocq society. I couldn't get on her facebook page, no place to join or leave a message. So I hope the webmaster will pass it along.

Wasn't Jennifer's BF the last to see her alive? I still remain convinced that whomever abducted her knew her very, very well - that she went willingly, and the attack on her was a surprise one. In this respect, I think it literally comes down to the guys who stayed at her condo that weekend, and her BF.

Wasn't Jennifer's BF the last to see her alive? I still remain convinced that whomever abducted her knew her very, very well - that she went willingly, and the attack on her was a surprise one. In this respect, I think it literally comes down to the guys who stayed at her condo that weekend, and her BF.

It's probable but unknown what people might have interacted with Jennifer on her way home from work, and irrelevant as she spent the evening on telephone calls, but the last people known to have seen Jennifer was when she left work for the day on Monday evening. They discussed a meeting for the next morning which is when they started calling when she didn't show up for it. She last saw her BF on Monday morning when she drove to Orlando to go to work.

I just listened to the podcast episode with the press conference and all I can say is wow. The family is, understandably furious. I have no confidence at all in the Orlando Police Dept. I hope they win their lawsuit and get their hands on everything OPD has.

It's probable but unknown what people might have interacted with Jennifer on her way home from work, and irrelevant as she spent the evening on telephone calls, but the last people known to have seen Jennifer was when she left work for the day on Monday evening. They discussed a meeting for the next morning which is when they started calling when she didn't show up for it. She last saw her BF on Monday morning when she drove to Orlando to go to work.
Plus they know Jenn's car went through the toll booth she normally used on her way home from work at about 6:15 pm. According to Google maps it would take about 21 minutes for Jennifer to drive from work to her condo.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think I read somewhere that they believe she arrived at her condo around 6:30 pm. Depending on what side of 6:30 pm, I see that as quite a tight timeline--not leaving much, if any, time to stop for take out, gas, etc. It really looks to me as if she went straight home.

Now they are saying only that there was "some food" in her refrigerator and they believe she ate something once home. Also, they know she picked up her mail, and they found some junk flyers or something of that nature in the trash can but apparently that is all that was in there.

I agree with this

Plus they know Jenn's car went through the toll booth she normally used on her way home from work at about 6:15 pm. According to Google maps it would take about 21 minutes for Jennifer to drive from work to her condo.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think I read somewhere that they believe she arrived at her condo around 6:30 pm. Depending on what side of 6:30 pm, I see that as quite a tight timeline--not leaving much, if any, time to stop for take out, gas, etc. It really looks to me as if she went straight home.

Now they are saying only that there was "some food" in her refrigerator and they believe she ate something once home. Also, they know she picked up her mail, and they found some junk flyers or something of that nature in the trash can but apparently that is all that was in there.

She hadn't been home for three to four days, maybe she habitually ate those lean type frozen dinners. But that would leave trash.

Based on an entry in the podcast, police calculated that if Jennifer filled up her tank in Fort Lauderdale and drove straight to work and straight home from work, the remaining fuel in her tank, when the car was found, would not have allowed the abductor to have gone very far. This is such a puzzle to me, where could he have taken her and why such a short distance?

She hadn't been home for three to four days, maybe she habitually ate those lean type frozen dinners. But that would leave trash.
LOL That's where my thoughts went, too. I even entertained the idea of a bowl of cereal, but that would leave dishes.

Apparently, all the dishes were in the dishwasher--as if Jenn's brother had done a load before he left.

Maybe a cup of soup? At least at one point Mrs. Kesse said there was a rinsed cup in the dish rack on the counter top. And Mr. Kesse said Jennifer rarely drank coffee.

I know if I was home for any length of time, there would be some evidence that I ate or drank something. Jenn was a lovely slim young woman, but she wasn't bone thin.

It sounds so silly, but her very last known movements should have been considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420