IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Female reporter: (inaudible) Why haven't you released more of the video, to give an idea of the gait and how he walked, and I think the comment was you weren't comfortable at that time, you weren't at that point of doing that. One year in, are you now considering doing this to give us more to work with?
Supt Carter: No. We are not. We think that we've released enough now that um, if there's a possibility of identifying the killer based on that photograph we'll be able to do that. And that's all I can say about the video and audio that we have.

This unfortunately makes me think they have a lethal recording. That Libby actually recorded the entire event. And I have ALWAYS felt things happened extremely fast.

So we are back to square one!
A horrific murder of two teenage girls.
Release of photo and sketch of suspect.
Release of audio of suspect.
No murder suspect known at this time.

Maybe LE knows the identity of BG and he lawyered up immediately? That could explain why they haven't spoken to him. Carter has stated twice he's looking forward to talking to BG and asking him why. Lawyers block LE. Could the piece of puzzle be a statement from a friend or family member identifying BG for a probable cause affidavit for DNA search warrant? JMO

@emptybottles
Tricia has taken DN off the discussion table. I don't know if he is a POI in El Paso and we can discuss him there. We will need clarification IMO.

You seem very intent on removing DN from any discussions?

So what information do you have that proves his whereabouts on 2/13 and 9/14?

Facts:
DN plead guilty to threatening people with a hatchet at the same location TW was murdered.
TW's initial COD was reported as blunt trauma.
There are similarities between the TW and Delphi murders.

None of the above has gone away. You obviously have a fool for a sheriff in IN.

I don't feel comfortable referring to the sheriff as a "fool." LE obviously has information that we don't have so if they're comfortable clearing people and saying that they're not interested in a potential POI then I feel like they have a good reason.

What does TW or threatening with a hatchet have to do with Abby & Libby, especially since we don't know what weapon was used to kill them-or even if an instrument was used at all?

What "similarities" are there other than the fact that both deaths occurred on trails in public nature areas?

It is us, the sleuths, that have continued to make comparisons between the cases. After going out and interviewing in CO, LE has not made any further remarks about the cases being similar, much less related.

Tricia told us that talk of the CO perp is off the table it wasn't the other poster's idea. :)

Not sure what the last statement about "you" in Indiana means since the poster you quoted lives in Florida?

There are lots of other things to discuss, as Margarita has pointed out. I really want to keep this thread open. I think we can continue to find things to talk about, even without a named POI at this point. There were some great links and resources posted on the last thread there at the end.

Bumping for anyone who missed.

If you take this at face value, doesn't seem to suggest they have anyone at all in their crosshairs.

Sometimes these cases go on for years before they are solved. Just praying they catch the guy soon.

Maybe LE knows the identity of BG and he lawyered up immediately? That could explain why they haven't spoken to him. Carter has stated twice he's looking forward to talking to BG and asking him why. Lawyers block LE. Could the piece of puzzle be a statement from a friend or family member identifying BG for a probable cause affidavit for DNA search warrant? JMO

I wish this was the case but personally I don’t think they have a clue who BG is. You could sense the real despair and desperation yesterday to find this monster and get him off the streets before he kills again.

I wish this was the case but personally I don’t think they have a clue who BG is. You could sense the real despair and desperation yesterday to find this monster and get him off the streets before he kills again.

Hi Greg, hope you're feeling better.

Totally agree - yesterday left me in tears - it was very clear they have no clue who killed the girls.

imho

I wonder if LE will consider Parabon now?

If they have done subpoenas recently they must be following some leads.

I wonder if they get the tips they are anticipating. I am worried that the person is too scared to come forward despite the assurances LE have given.

Multiple new subpoenas in the last month. So some people are still being investigated.

The new prosecutor is reviewing everything, which is encouraging

Was the "not blue eyes" wrong?

Has the guy seen by DG been identified? I thought only BG is unidentified?

How did BG get there and depart?

Bumping my posts for discussion.

Now there is no poi to discuss I hope the thread can still keep the case active.

Information about the trail improvements

“We want to make sure every park and every trail entry point has some sort of cameras and some lighting and better signage and markings,” said Leahy.

In addition to the visible security measures, Leahy said a new E911 Overlay mapping system will give emergency services precise maps of where the trail markers are and how to access them—the goal is to reduce response time if someone calls in about an incident.

The task force signed a contract with Digital Video Solutions and Security, a company based out of Avila, Indiana, to install an estimated 70 cameras at trail access points. Members hope the cameras can assist law enforcement should any time of crime or vandalism occur along the trails.

The trail markers are essentially done and waiting to be installed along the path when the weather gets warmer. Leahy says they will need to wait until the spring before they can do trenching to bring electrical to certain areas, but she anticipates all the security improvements to be complete within the next six to eight months.

http://fox59.com/2018/02/14/trail-improvements-planned-and-funded-1-year-after-delphi-double-murder/

Female reporter: (inaudible) Why haven't you released more of the video, to give an idea of the gait and how he walked, and I think the comment was you weren't comfortable at that time, you weren't at that point of doing that. One year in, are you now considering doing this to give us more to work with?
Supt Carter: No. We are not. We think that we've released enough now that um, if there's a possibility of identifying the killer based on that photograph we'll be able to do that. And that's all I can say about the video and audio that we have.

This unfortunately makes me think they have a lethal recording. That Libby actually recorded the entire event. And I have ALWAYS felt things happened extremely fast.

I agree. I've always thought they have audio of the entire event, which is what made it so traumatizing to them in the beginning. And why they seemed to sure of themselves.

It’s all well and good trying to protect the case but the “down the hill” isn’t enough to go on so they obviously need to release more or the case isn’t going anywhere.

If I was the parents at this stage I would start looking for outside help as LE obviously don’t have a clue and the more time that passes the less chance of this ever being solved.

I agree. I've always thought they have audio of the entire event, which is what made it so traumatizing to them in the beginning. And why they seemed to sure of themselves.
I agree; I think they have audio of everything. I wish they'd release more.

I am wondering just how much of the rest of the audio is useful, though. If the rest of it is simply the girls screaming and begging for their lives, then it wouldn't be helpful but would be kind of exploitative. Perhaps they're keeping it to themselves because the weapon is identified and they don't want that to get out. I could see a scenario in which one of the girls identifies the weapon, if there is one, yet BG remains quiet.

Agreed. IMO
You seem very intent on removing DN from any discussions?

So what information do you have that proves his whereabouts on 2/13 and 9/14?

Facts:
DN plead guilty to threatening people with a hatchet at the same location TW was murdered.
TW's initial COD was reported as blunt trauma.
There are similarities between the TW and Delphi murders.

None of the above has gone away. You obviously have a fool for a sheriff in IN.

It’s all well and good trying to protect the case but the “down the hill” isn’t enough to go on so they obviously need to release more or the case isn’t going anywhere.

If I was the parents at this stage I would start looking for outside help as LE obviously don’t have a clue and the more time that passes the less chance of this ever being solved.

He was asked yesterday and said no they will not release more and there is enough released for people to id him.

He was asked yesterday and said no they will not release more and there is enough released for people to id him.

Which is obviously rubbish or people would of been able to ID him before now.

LE have no idea who did this and for the parents it just adds to their burden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyLFC1892