IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Do you still think it appears to have a platform? If they both did, then it might be an attempt to make himself look taller.
No I don't see a platform. It may be movement makes it appear thicker or it may be like a lot of trail type boots that has a thick sole.

This is a random post, but I literally cannot stop combing over every possibility of BG in my head. From SK to organized crime, I feel like I've tried to hash out every scenario I can imagine. Sorry that this is mostly just thinking "aloud," but I feel most strongly about this personal theory:

I think LE has a good amount of information/DNA/etc. to definitively link a suspect to the crime, but has no idea where to even look for said suspect. I feel that he is local, that it was a crime of opportunity and he got extremely "lucky." I think BG is a quiet loner in or near Delphi. I suspect that the crime itself is captured audibly on cell phone and that is what has shaken LE so deeply. I also feel a "kill" was not the intent, but the unfortunate end result of a somewhat impulsive attack on two girls. I think it was a quick crime with a quick COD (gun with silencer, perhaps).

Although unseasonable warm that day, as described by residents, it wouldn't be odd to cover up in the way BG is, in my opinion. I think the fact that he had so much clothing on gave him an opportunity to conceal a weapon should he be able to use it on the trail that day. I figure he probably often took a weapon out to the trails in case an opportunity arose.

In summary, I feel BG was ready to do this at some point and February 13th happened to be the day that the opportunity presented itself. I don't think that even he could have predicted how easily he'd get away with this thus far.

All my opinion only.

I really would like to hear counter arguments with proven discrepancies so that I can discount this theory (and work on others, no doubt).

I agree with you 100%. I think the unseasonably warm weather spurred him in to action and to risk life and limb on that rickety old bridge and to be able to coerce the girls unseen for the distance he did implies some level of familiarity with the area. Whether that means he's currently local, say within 25 miles, who knows.

I have been a member for awhile, but I never post. I have been following this case since the beginning, however.
I believe that BG may have assaulted women or girls in the past but these were his first killings. I believe that this was not planned, although he has had fantasies of doing this for a long time. Maybe those fantasies only included one woman/girl, but on this day he found himself with two girls, without adults, in a remote area. He made a decision that they would be quick to overpower both physically and psychologically. I don't think this was planned because of how he just left the bodies right where they were assaulted- he didn't even attempt to conceal what he had done. This to me shows a sense of panic and just wanting to get out of there quickly

I think the layers of clothing are a red herring. It was unseasonably warm that day, yes, but I have left the house plenty of times either over or under dressed because I did not check the weather. I think he just dressed as usual in clothing he'd wear in February and went for a walk. Saw the girls and made a decision to either assault them, kill them, or both. I can't quite say if the killing was part of his fantasy or if that was the end result due to panic.

All MOO.

So how can we explain the similarities in these murders and the murder of Tim Watkins in El Paso County, Colorado?

I don't place much stock in that statement. It's poorly thought out and makes no sense based on what we know about what happened in Colorado. i.e. the attorney turned them away.

Douglas Carter said “He’s not a person we care a whole lot about at this time.”

Is this just casually worded, or does “at this time” mean at some point in the future they might swing back around and care about DN again? Is Carter being deliberately ambiguous or just speaking in a casual manner.

So how can we explain the similarities in these murders and the murder of Tim Watkins in El Paso County, Colorado?

Ultimately we can only speculate because of the lack of public disclosure but the process of deduction leaves COD or events leading up to COD. i.e. someone chasing victims with a hatchet. There is nothing unique about a gunshot wound.

That would explain the sheen also. But it would appear to me to be more similar to an insulated carhart or dickies turned inside out.
Or else it was just a windbreaker, cheap jacket. I'm looking at mine and one is black inside the other is tan. I lean towards a cheap windbreaker that can be easily wadded up, hidden and disposed of.

edit - when you look at the suspects right arm side, the tape/zipper are where you would expect to see them on a men's jacket, so I don't think it is inside out. I think you would see the outer flap on the left arm side and the inner seal(tape) on the right arm side which is what I think is shown in the image.
Could it be a vest jacket(sleeveless) over a gortex jacket?

Could it be a vest jacket(sleeveless) over a gortex jacket?

Sure. We are all looking at the same photo. Tell us what you see. Everyone has their own opinions.
Another possibility is a jacket over tyvek. I see a cheap windbreaker or thinly insulated coat though. A flannel shirt and possibly a hoodie although I am not convinced it is a hoodie from the released images. And a belly stuffed full of objects.

Ultimately we can only speculate because of the lack of public disclosure but the process of deduction leaves COD or events leading up to COD. i.e. someone chasing victims with a hatchet. There is nothing unique about a gunshot wound.

So an altercation on a public trail with blunt force trauma, shot with a .22 calibre weapon, robbed and half buried on a trail near a Creek . (Deer Creek and Monument Creek.) This could give us the possible COD in this case IMO. I don't believe there was a sexual assault either as I don't believe there was one in the TW case.
AJMO

Link for all this?

It has been reported that a woman was taking pictures at 3:45 pm from the same location the girls were at on the south side of the bridge who said she saw a man and a woman arguing underneath the bridge at that time. The girls disappeared around 2:45pm. I believe it was shortly after that another witness reported seeing the man with the white scarf near the trail intersection to the north. There is an interview with one of the girls fathers who was there looking for them which includes a very accurate minute by minute timeline.

Sure. We are all looking at the same photo. Tell us what you see. Everyone has their own opinions.
Another possibility is a jacket over tyvek. I see a cheap windbreaker or thinly insulated coat though. A flannel shirt and possibly a hoodie although I am not convinced it is a hoodie from the released images. And a belly stuffed full of objects.
Maybe a tactical vest underneath or a carpenters tool vest to carry the items under the windbreaker.

Is this just casually worded, or does “at this time” mean at some point in the future they might swing back around and care about DN again? Is Carter being deliberately ambiguous or just speaking in a casual manner.
I think Carter chooses his words carefully. "At this time" would make a lot of difference if he weren't in jail at this time.

I think he is saying they are not interested in him at this time...for this crime, but he expects down the road he’ll be connected to other crimes we don’t know of yet that they connected him to through this investigation.

I think he is saying they are not interested in him at this time...for this crime, but he expects down the road he’ll be connected to other crimes we don’t know of yet that they connected him to through this investigation.

This is exactly what I think too! Albeit maybe not related to the Delphi murders, this guy is a seasoned criminal with little to no concern for others. I believe they will link him to other crimes.

Also could explain why he is still labeled a person of interest (for crimes in general, maybe Tim Watkins?) and the confusingness of the wording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funeris antro