GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am beginning to wonder if maybe he quit his job in that meeting.

Who reported that he was going home sick, the boss, the co-workers, or the parents? And who confirmed that the meeting was about why he didn't get the promotion?
My understanding is that he knew a week before that meeting that he was not getting the promotion. Supposedly LE reported that from speaking with CDC that's what the meeting was. I do wonder since they do not have him on video leaving CDC what exactly happened. I do know that his items were found in his home and two windows upstairs were open... something that the parents say he wouldn't have done. Anyone could have driven the car to his home, used the garage remote to put the car in and dropped his personal items off on the counter...just like leaving the windows open upstairs. I do find it strange the car was parked in the garage. Also, it's my understanding that the search this past weekend was near the CDC campus, not his home...

An interesting question would be why did the neighbor feel the need to ever mention this ?

If a neighbor was to go missing under mysterious circumstances, you'd probably remember any somewhat unusual encounters you had had with them, especially if the media started asking (which they probably did.)

It still seems very odd to me. Lots of times people lose a phone (or quit a job etc.) and they don't explicitly tell you to delete the phone number from your contacts. You stop using it because it's no longer current, or update it when they give you a new number to replace it with, but telling someone to delete a number because it's no longer current seems unusual. Do people ask their friends to delete an expired number? I've never had this happen.

If it was a work phone and he was leaving the job or otherwise turning the phone in, might the CDC have reassigned the phone/phone number to another employee? He probably wouldn't have wanted her calling a stranger. Or, if it was his personal phone, and he was planning to give/loan it to someone (girlfriend?)

I’ve done it. Maybe it’s a government employee thing. People get pretty pissed off when they inherit a phone number and the person before them didn’t tell their contacts that it’s not their number anymore.
This would make his comment to the neighbor make sense. If he was quitting his job he might tell people to erase his work phone number. Maybe it hasnt been found because he turned it in at the meeting that morning. Also, he might have mentioned being mad enough to quit to his Dad and that is why the family was so concerned. Maybe Tim felt like a failure for quitting...speculating but it would put some pieces together.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am beginning to wonder if maybe he quit his job in that meeting.

Who reported that he was going home sick, the boss, the co-workers, or the parents? And who confirmed that the meeting was about why he didn't get the promotion?

I've never worked in that sort of environment, so maybe I'm totally wrong on this, but... having a meeting with the boss to discuss why you didn't get a promotion just sounds strange to me. Do we know if the meeting was Tim's idea, or the boss's?

The only reason I can see for such a meeting is if you felt you'd been wronged by being passed over and were angry, or perhaps if you intended to take some sort of legal action against the employer.

This would make his comment to the neighbor make sense. If he was quitting his job he might tell people to erase his work phone number. Maybe it hasnt been found because he turned it in at the meeting that morning. Also, he might have mentioned being mad enough to quit to his Dad and that is why the family was so concerned. Maybe Tim felt like a failure for quitting...speculating but it would put some pieces together.

Further speculation - he could have been fired at the meeting if he reacted badly to not getting the promotion. Not sure the CDC would make it public if he was.

I wonder if Tim owned a bicycle and if its in the garage. He could have covered a lot of ground leaving on a bike vs running or walking.

I've never worked in that sort of environment, so maybe I'm totally wrong on this, but... having a meeting with the boss to discuss why you didn't get a promotion just sounds strange to me. Do we know if the meeting was Tim's idea, or the boss's?

It's not uncommon, but the length of time between the announcement he didn't get the promotion and the calling out sick during that time is interesting. Professionally, most would consider it a career development or career track meeting with their boss where if you're passed over for a job, you ask what you can do to better prepare for the next rung on your career ladder, or you may even discuss taking a different career route all together. But, that's the professional way to handle it if you want your job. And you'd usually do that in the days following the announcement.

Maybe during the week span from the announcement to the meeting, he just boiled over with anger about being passed over. And I may be reaching, but this might also be why the meeting was so early in the morning, to avoid a scene with other employees (him being fired would have also likely happened in the morning). It definitely doesn't sound like he walked into that meeting cool, calm, and collected. And I bet that meeting had everything to do, in one way or another, with his disappearance.

My understanding is that he knew a week before that meeting that he was not getting the promotion. Supposedly LE reported that from speaking with CDC that's what the meeting was. I do wonder since they do not have him on video leaving CDC what exactly happened. I do know that his items were found in his home and two windows upstairs were open... something that the parents say he wouldn't have done. Anyone could have driven the car to his home, used the garage remote to put the car in and dropped his personal items off on the counter...just like leaving the windows open upstairs. I do find it strange the car was parked in the garage. Also, it's my understanding that the search this past weekend was near the CDC campus, not his home...

Please try to keep this straight. The search over the weekend was by *another* CDC campus, one that is open (any member of the public can walk around on sidewalks but just can’t enter buildings). The one next to Mercer. Local media reported that he used to work on that campus so people canvassed it in case he went back. The search was not focused on the Chamblee campus (a secured campus, the public cannot enter) where his current job is. The two campuses are a couple miles apart. There are multiple CDC campuses in Atlanta.

Further speculation - he could have been fired at the meeting if he reacted badly to not getting the promotion. Not sure the CDC would make it public if he was.

It is extremely difficult to get fired from a government position. That most definitely would not have happened.

If he quit at the meeting and turned in his phone and stuff, that would make a lot of sense of some of the details.

Not sure if its the same car, but the headrest position in the selfie and the car photo in the garage are different. Could suggest a different driver.

You can see the balance of the garage in the reflection on the car if you look closely. Doesn't appear to be any bicycle in the garage.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 476
  • timselfie.png
    timselfie.png
    882.9 KB · Views: 492
Not sure if its the same car, but the headrest position in the selfie and the car photo in the garage are different. Could suggest a different driver.

You can see the balance of the garage in the reflection on the car if you look closely. Doesn't appear to be any bicycle in the garage.

attachment.php
attachment.php

According to his Facebook page, the selfie 3 years old (January 2015), so may be a different car.

I haven’t seen that car picture. Where did you find that? Someone earlier mentioned the car picture, but I haven’t seen a link.

The only reason I can see for such a meeting is if you felt you'd been wronged by being passed over and were angry, or perhaps if you intended to take some sort of legal action against the employer.
I can't say what the norm is at the CDC, but I work in a government office. It's not unusual in our organization for a hiring manager to offer a follow-up meeting to someone who didnt get a job. Especially if the employee is internal and falls under the hiring manager. It happened recently and two employees were given follow up meetings to tell them what areas the person hired out scored them. A friend told me the meeting was used as a mentoring opportunity..she was given some tips to improve her resume and future interviews. That said..it was also a chance for the manager to appear unbiased after a hire that was very biased and everyone knew the best person didnt get the job. One person who was passed over was so mad that she left the office and is filing a formal complaint.

Back to Tim..if he was expecting the promotion and didnt feel the hiring process was fair, the emotional fall out could have been devastating [emoji852] Maybe the follow up interview just re-enforced that for him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member