Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #11 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We discussed at length the probable reason that EG's family had not bonded her out.....because she had other warrants just waiting to be served - and therefore the persons would be out $5000.

Do we no longer thing that this is exactly what will happen? What has changed with regards to that?

Thanks to everyone who have spent their own time out there... looking for little Lucas.

I can't imagine accepting someone back to my house and life.... if they were the last person to have seen him and ARE NOT TALKING.
Maybe to try to trap that person into saying something. (Don't we wish)
But not in my house. They'd have to shack up elsewhere.

You are AMAZING! Here I am throwing a fit like a 2 year old and you’re out making a difference. Thank you for snapping me back to the task at hand. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I don't feel like I'm doing anything. I feel so helpless. All I can do is drive every country road in the state. 😊

Why would she need to see her children before that hearing though? That's not a reason to drop that condition.

If EG comes home then there will probably be a circus like the one around CA's house in Florida.
This is just not good at all.
What do JH and EG think it'll be like living there even temporarily? TBH I'm not concerned for their feelings nor the incredible fishbowl type pressure they should feel.
Seriously:facepalm:, I cannot imagine being one of their neighbors and dealing with that.
:moo:

Thanks. I don't feel like I'm doing anything. I feel so helpless. All I can do is drive every country road in the state. [emoji4]

I know what you mean. I have a new appreciation for our state. Helpless is how I feel too.

What leads you to believe she’s been privately retained?

If EG is now claiming she’s married to JH, I’m not sure she would qualify for court appointed defense. No clue how much JH earns and I won’t even begin to speculate. But, I would begin to speculate on the possibility of the lawyer she has retained offering her services pro bono. Quick google search will show she’s pretty fresh out of law school and this certainly could be mutually beneficial to both her and EG. (Just my opinion)

We discussed at length the probable reason that EG's family had not bonded her out.....because she had other warrants just waiting to be served - and therefore the persons would be out $5000.

Do we no longer thing that this is exactly what will happen? What has changed with regards to that?

Her next date for the charge is tomorrow 3/13
The bond reduction hearing is set for Friday 3/16 - which could be rendered moot depending on what happens at the hearing tomorrow.
Someone said earlier they expect to see a continuation tomorrow. PB I think it was.
There could be a continuance granted tomorrow.
Judge could issue their verdict tomorrow. (It’s listed as a bench trial so no jury)
The bond reduction is asking for her to be released on her own recognizance - meaning no bond just a promise she’ll show up for court dates.
Even if that happened if the DA has other charges ready to file, they could charge her at any point.
The charges on her arrest sheet indicate the charges related to Lucas have been pulled. The DA can change that at any time.
She does have an attorney now so that changes things a bit for the DA and LE strategy wise I’m sure.

If I was JH and EG came home I would be locked up for life. I know it’s wrong, but that’s what would happen.

I wouldn't recommend leaving them alone together. If he thinks he can catch her out/get her to confess to him, he must think he has an amazing amount of self-control, and we've seen evidence he probably doesn't have that level of self-control. What if she does say something? What if my stupid scenario of her throwing it in his face during a fight ever comes to fruition? They already have a volatile relationship, another fight like the ax handle incident will likely happen sooner or later...While I accept that's not a good plan to get a confession out of her I think there's a risk she might say something at a time like that, and as he's said himself we don't need vigilante justice.

JH has a daughter to think about. It's probably too late for Lucas, but it's not too late for her.

And what if EG did do something to Lucas in part out of vindictiveness? I'm not saying anything planned, but subconciously her treatment of him might have been affected by that. Who does she take it out on next time JH annoys her and the world annoys her and there's a screaming child that's got the flu and has a potty accident and she's run out of drugs or whatever sets her off?

I need to calm down.

Why would she need to see her children before that hearing though? That's not a reason to drop that condition.

It gives the appearance of a loving mother and wife.

Regarding spousal privilege in KS:
I don't think they will be able to use it, since the crime was against his child.
From link: (3) in a criminal action in which one of them is charged with a crime against the person or property of the other or of a child of either,
https://law.justia.com/codes/kansas/2014/chapter-60/article-4/section-60-428/

Sorry if this has already been stated. I had to skim to catch up and may have missed it.

The 1-yr old daughter of EG and JH is in state care since EG was arrested. It sounds like there will be a custody hearing to determine if she will go back to one or both of them, and whether or not parenting classes or visits will be offered.

That is a frightening thought right there, and I am sure EG's ex is bleeping bricks right now at the thought of her possibly getting her visiting rights back (although they might not do that now with the baby in state's custody).

Praying the state isn't stupid enough to ever give the two of them their children back.

I’m just stunned that the public is who is frustrated....
I actually quit drinking a week ago. Wondering if the money saving is worth it right now.

I've been trying to get health and eat right but this last three weeks has had me doing some crazy emotional eating!! 😀

Does anyone know about what Child In Need of Care (CINC) case EG's lawyer is referring to in this article?

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article204719964.html

Children are placed in the custody of the Secretary of DCF through state laws under the Kansas Code for the Care of Children. A child in the Secretary's custody is referred to as a “Child in Need of Care” or CINC (pronounced “sink”) for short.
PPS Family Handbook - Kansas Department for Children and Families
www.dcf.ks.gov/services/PPS/Documents/PPM_Forms/Section_5000.../PPS5137.pdf

That is a frightening thought right there, and I am sure EG's ex is bleeping bricks right now at the thought of her possibly getting her visiting rights back (although they might not do that now with the baby in state's custody).

Praying the state isn't stupid enough to ever give the two of them their children back.

I’m hoping something can be done to get the counties to talk to each other in these cases. The baby’s case is in Sedgwick County. The boys’ cases are in Butler County I think and demonstrate so many things - abuse, and her willfully not taking court ordered parenting classes just for 2 examples!

SABBM

Not 'more time'... maybe SOME time.
Thinking about some specific cases. And like I stated.. every case is different.

I think Lucas was failed by the adults in his life-- with exception of those who tried to raise the alarm-- and were forbidden from contact with Lucas by BOTH JH and EG.
There is no excuse for that. None.
:moo:

I can't figure if KS has specific "enabling abuse" laws, but many states do. If KS does, unfortunately, according to a graphic in the linked article, the penalty would only be probation. It is still a slippery slope, imo, but this article sums it up nicely I think. But, rest assured, in many states a parent who fails to stop abuse can be prosecuted, fwiw.

The laws against failing to prevent child abuse are written to cover both fathers and mothers. And, in fact, women perpetrate 34% of serious or fatal cases of physical abuse of children, according to the latest congressionally mandated national study of child abuse. But interviews and BuzzFeed News’ analysis of cases show that fathers rarely face prosecution for failing to stop their partners from harming their children. Overwhelmingly, women bear the weight of these laws.

BuzzFeed News found a total of 73 cases of mothers who, regardless of whether they were battered, were sentenced to 10 years or more. For fathers, BuzzFeed News found only four cases.

White, Lindley’s prosecutor, couldn’t recall prosecuting any fathers for failure to protect from physical abuse.

“Mothers are held to a very different standard,” said Kris McDaniel-Miccio, a law professor at the University of Denver whose expertise is domestic violence. She said that the lopsided application of these laws reflects deeply ingrained social norms that women should sacrifice themselves for their children.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexcampbe...into-criminals?utm_term=.hi1zrq7ZW#.ja2wpK9rv

MOD NOTE

Please add the latest articles and links to the Media, Maps, and Timeline thread (linked on page 1 of this thread) for this case so we can reference them later.

Also, please remember that JH has not been named a suspect. His statements to MSM may be discussed, but please refrain from making accusations about him without a link. Also, Lucas' bio mom is considered a victim here. Our VI, FindLucasAllen, has posted about Lucas' relationship with his bio mom. It's not fair to lump the bio mom in with EG in terms of how Lucas has been treated, at least for now.

:tyou:

Surely by now she has leaked something to the other inmates . JH does sound like he knows something by his statement that it would be hard for the public not to know. This whole thing is an emotional roller coaster to me . How can it not be for him? is there anything else you can share with us?

I have to say I was pretty disappointed when I read that Tim Miller said there were no new tips that caused his organization to come back to search. Although I appreciate his dedication to finding Lucas, and all of you locals for doing your own searches.

Praying for a miracle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member