Gun Control Debate #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can apply for a shooters licence with a registered gun upon attaining 18 years.

"Registered gun" just doesn't work for me. That's not going to happen in America. People don't want the government to have a list of all the gun owners so at some point in the future they can go door to door and confiscate everyone's guns.

See, this is what I'm talking about. When the truth really comes out, this is what the anti-gun people want- no guns at all. Only the military and police should have them, right?

I simply said get rid of guns or at least assault weapons. No law abiding gun owner has a legitimate reason to own an assault rifle. It's a weapon for mass murder only. That is the only reason to own one.

"Registered gun" just doesn't work for me. That's not going to happen in America. People don't want the government to have a list of all the gun owners so at some point in the future they can go door to door and confiscate everyone's guns.
Dead children doesn't work for me.

See, this is what I'm talking about. When the truth really comes out, this is what the anti-gun people want- no guns at all. Only the military and police should have them, right?

I had no idea KaaBoom spoke for everyone!

I'd be happy to see the assault weapons ban brought back, and no guns for domestic abusers or violent felons, laws about storage and heavy fines for parents who leave guns out where kids can get them. Increased funding for mental health services and treatement.

To start.

Like when they came and took all our cars?

I simply said get rid of guns or at least assault weapons. No law abiding person has a legitimate reason to own an assault rifle.

I have a 22 rimfire, semi-automatic rifle. It's not considered by most to be an assault rifle, because, well, mainly because it doesn't have a black, plastic stock. But it does have a 25 round detachable magazine. Is this the type of gun you say no law abiding person has a legitimate reason to own? There are over 5 million of these in existence. If you want to look it up, it's a Ruger 10/22. I'm law abiding and I feel I have a reason to own this particular rifle.

I have a 22 rimfire, semi-automatic rifle. It's not considered by most to be an assault rifle, because, well, mainly because it doesn't have a black, plastic stock. But it does have a 25 round detachable magazine. Is this the type of gun you say no law abiding person has a legitimate reason to own? There are over 5 million of these in existence. If you want to look it up, it's a Ruger 10/22. I'm law abiding and I feel I have a reason to own this particular rifle.

I feel I have a reason to own 90 marijuana plants. My local law enforcement officers might not, though, as my feelings don't make something law.

That number is inaccurate. It includes shootings that most reasonable people would not consider to be a "mass school shooting." I think the true number is closer to 3.

The chart shows all mass shootings, not just school shootings, It has ones where people did not die as well.

I think there is not an understanding as to what being shot with a gun entails. Movies make it look like no big deal

I feel I have a reason to own 90 marijuana plants. My local law enforcement officers might not, though, as my feelings don't make something law.

Well, my gun is legal, your marijuana plants are not. The reason why I need it is up to me, not somebody else.

Well, my gun is legal, your marijuana plants are not. The reason why I need it is up to me, not somebody else.
True. Shame considering mine wouldn't cause injuries or death to others.

If your gun was made illegal would you voluntarily give it up?

I think the magazine capacity should be maxxed at 10 (JMO), but otherwise this looks like an okay gun to me.
https://ruger.com/products/1022Carbine/specSheets/1200.html

You can even buy it if you live in Canada:
https://www.cabelas.ca/product/4883/ruger-1022-stainless-synthetic-semi-auto-rifle

Neither does mine. It doesn't walk out of the safe on its own and shoot people.
Lol of course not! But if used for it's purpose it creates a gnarly, often fatal, wound. Not just a wound in a Twinkie box.

If your gun was made illegal would you voluntarily give it up?

Probably, as long as they paid me a fair price for it, so I could replace it with another gun. If the government wants to just take it without compensation, no way. I'll just keep it in my safe. I can't imagine 22 rifles ever becoming illegal though. What will people use to hunt squirrels and rabbits?

There are states where marijuana is legal

Neither does mine. It doesn't walk out of the safe on its own and shoot people.

But there is nothing to stop anyone taking it and killing someone with it, as that is what it was designed for. To kill and maim.

Probably, as long as they paid me a fair price for it, so I could replace it with another gun. If the government wants to just take it without compensation, no way. I'll just keep it in my safe. I can't imagine 22 rifles ever becoming illegal though. What will people use to hunt squirrels and rabbits?

So you are only law abiding with laws you agree with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675