Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
More info in this article and some new info to boot:

"He and his family had known Y since she was about seven years old, meeting at church about eight or nine years ago, according to attorney John Waldron, representing Esterly’s wife Stacey. Y lived in Allentown with her mother and younger brother and had been apart from her father, who lives in China, since she was a child, her mother said.

As Y grew older, the Esterlys often included Y on vacations with his wife and daughters, almost treating her like a “fifth daughter.” Y eventually became best friends with Esterly’s eldest daughter, he said...

“Thing is there were fights all the time because Kevin didn’t have time for Stacey or his own children,” he said. “It was a constant struggle..."

“He couldn’t help himself, he couldn’t stop.”

Waldron said Esterly lost his job over his obsession with Y and had been unemployed for a month.

- http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...u-missing-news-conference-20180316-story.html

Allentown police issued a missing, and possibly endangered, persons alert for the couple on March 7. By then, Y and Esterly had already fled the country. Friday was the first time Allentown police confirmed the pair were in Mexico and said they were keeping that information from the public because they believe Esterly and Y are monitoring media back home.

I don't get it? What did they accomplish by withholding the information? So what, if they were monitoring the media. The two knew where they were. It wasn't news to them. Now they could be almost anywhere in the world. I'm sorry, but this is just more terrible police work. This investigation makes no sense.

I don't get it? What did they accomplish by withholding the information? So what, if they were monitoring the media. The two knew where they were. It wasn't news to them. Now they could be almost anywhere in the world. I'm sorry, but this is just more terrible police work. This investigation makes no sense.

Total speculation on my part but perhaps they wanted to prevent him from discovering they knew he took A to Cancun, to make him feel safe there and prevent him from traveling to another location?

So they landed in Cancun, Mexico and near central/south America. Where is the destination?
Cancun a nice vacation stop?
Or better where does the United States not have an extradition treaty.
I think Venezuela comes to mind, not sure. Maybe others.
And Venezuela has a oil industry and this guy maybe a day laborer would pay the bills and no one be the wiser.

The US does have extradition treaties with all countries in Central and South America. I'm thinking Southeast Asia would be their best bet. It's cheap, and they wouldn't attract much attention there.

United_States_extradition_treaties_countries.jpg

Extradition law in the United States - Wikipedia

Total speculation on my part but perhaps they wanted to prevent him from discovering they knew he took A to Cancun, to make him feel safe there and prevent him from traveling to another location?

It seems to me that they just wasted a lot of time in getting the information out. If they are going to issue an Amber Alert, they should do it immediately, not weeks later. It won't do much good at that point.

Without the context of what we know this could just be any dad posting pictures of him with his kids. It's so insidious. It's a betrayal on so many levels.

Heartbreaking. It made me so sad to look at the pictures on his FB. KE has a younger, very pretty wife and four adorable children, one is a toddler. He threw his family away for a crazy obsession with a teenager. I hope his wife Stacey has a solid support group of family and friends to help her get through this mess.

Heartbreaking. It made me so sad to look at the pictures on his FB. KE has a younger, very pretty wife and four adorable children, one is a toddler. He threw his family away for a crazy obsession with a teenager. I hope his wife Stacey has a solid support group of family and friends to help her get through this mess.

I can't imagine how A's mom is feeling, alone in a foreign country, dependent on others to find her baby.

So many victims in this mess.

The intent of states setting ages of consent was to avoid situations where 18-year-old Romeo would have to register as a sex offender for life for having a 16-year-old girlfriend, Juliet. That makes sense. However, most states set an upper age limit, and PA does not. They do have the "interference of custody" law to prevent adults from running off with minor children, and the provision that the older person cannot "have authority" over the minor. I don't think PA thinks it's okay for a 16-year-old to have sex with a 45-year-old, but I do think there's something missing in the current law. Either the state should set an upper age limit or add a grooming provision. They need "A's law".

Or worse yet, Romeo who just celebrated his 18th birthday with 17 year old 11 month Juliet. Then when Romeo gets out of jail for it, they get married. But they have to live on welfare, because Romeo can't get a job, because he is a registered sex offender. It happens all the time.

I know this will be unpopular, but I think the age is way too high now. It's just not based on reality.

I belive they issued the amber alert because they have evidence that the left the cancun area. KE knows that it is not safe for him to stay in one area to long. This is where it is going to get hairy. It''s nice to be with someone and the say goodbye in the morning, but they are stuck together 24/7. If they are no longer in Cancun, then they are headed through to more rural parts of mexico. All the creature comforts that we are use to are no longer present. There are no fast food joints on every corner and if you have to use a toilet, you are more likely have to use one without a toilet seat, because there just isn't one for whatever reason. That stress will build up and in the end that 16 yr girl may be pretty to look at, but she is still a girl that is going to miss home. I hope KE holds it together just long enough for AY to realize that this is not the way to live life. I hope she comes to her senses soon and runs away from him.

Find a cop A or run to the local cathedral.

I belive they issued the amber alert because they have evidence that the left the cancun area. KE knows that it is not safe for him to stay in one area to long. This is where it is going to get hairy. It''s nice to be with someone and the say goodbye in the morning, but they are stuck together 24/7. If they are no longer in Cancun, then they are headed through to more rural parts of mexico. All the creature comforts that we are use to are no longer present. There are no fast food joints on every corner and if you have to use a toilet, you are more likely have to use one without a toilet seat, because there just isn't one for whatever reason. That stress will build up and in the end that 16 yr girl may be pretty to look at, but she is still a girl that is going to miss home. I hope KE holds it together just long enough for AY to realize that this is not the way to live life. I hope she comes to her senses soon and runs away from him.

In all of the cases I've followed, some eagle-eyed person spots the two and reports them. They don't have a car. If they are traveling, they will have to take a bus or a taxi. So people will see them if they are moving.

What worries me is at some point the money they have will run out. KE will have to look for a job of some description. If he get work A will be left alone and unprotected.
A might then feel lonely at that point when KE is not with her 24/7 and start wanting to go home. What 16 year old could enjoy being disconnected with friends on social media and not have any family or friends keep her company.

This is where my worry sets in. Will KE bring her back home if she asks or will he feel backed into a corner from LE and A not wanting to stay with him. I really hope if it gets to this point he doesn't feel that trapped that he kills A and then kills himself. Really really worried about this.

Its like when you corner a vicious animal.

Or worse yet, Romeo who just celebrated his 18th birthday with 17 year old 11 month Juliet. Then when Romeo gets out of jail for it, they get married. But they have to live on welfare, because Romeo can't get a job, because he is a registered sex offender. It happens all the time.

I know this will be unpopular, but I think the age is way too high now. It's just not based on reality.

It is however the law

It seems to me that they just wasted a lot of time in getting the information out. If they are going to issue an Amber Alert, they should do it immediately, not weeks later. It won't do much good at that point.

Agree KaaBoom there seems to be a lack of response. I was trying to tie the timing to some intelligence (see up thread) but seems that is not the case IMO

What worries me is at some point the money they have will run out. KE will have to look for a job of some description. If he get work A will be left alone and unprotected.
A might then feel lonely at that point when KE is not with her 24/7 and start wanting to go home. What 16 year old could enjoy being disconnected with friends on social media and not have any family or friends keep her company.

This is where my worry sets in. Will KE bring her back home if she asks or will he feel backed into a corner from LE and A not wanting to stay with him. I really hope if it gets to this point he doesn't feel that trapped that he kills A and then kills himself. Really really worried about this.

Its like when you corner a vicious animal.

In the Frisina case Rodriquez was able to apply for a job (his own Social number I guess) and she waited in the car while he was in a new employee training program. He even asked if he could get her a job there (a telemarketing job) too posing as his cousin. They were caught that day/
None of these girls seem to want to go back. MCET was posing as his wife. Even Elizabeth Smart (see the TV documentary) had a had time emotionally returning.
I'm no expert just seems that once these people make the emotional leap to go there is no turning back in their mind)

I think we learned that the actual age of consent in Pennsylvania is 18, not 16. Some mistakes in early reporting. Usually those laws have some exceptions if the underage person is only a year or two different than the other to avoid normal boyfriend/girl friend relationships being criminalized.

Any job he gets will have to be something menial and under the table, because a foreigner can't legally get employment in Mexico without a work visa. I can't imagine what long term plan he has. Probably none. Lets be honest, if they need money, A is more likely able to get it, and I don't want to even think about that.

I just hope they are still in Cancun, or at least still in Mexico. Its just a matter of time before someone spots them or A tries to make contact with someone.

What if A is pregnant?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The intent of states setting ages of consent was to avoid situations where 18-year-old Romeo would have to register as a sex offender for life for having a 16-year-old girlfriend, Juliet. That makes sense. However, most states set an upper age limit, and PA does not. They do have the "interference of custody" law to prevent adults from running off with minor children, and the provision that the older person cannot "have authority" over the minor. I don't think PA thinks it's okay for a 16-year-old to have sex with a 45-year-old, but I do think there's something missing in the current law. Either the state should set an upper age limit or add a grooming provision. They need "A's law".

Guys the age of consent is only 16 if the sexual partner is under 18. If and when this creep is caught and they can prove he had sexual contactwith his minor victim, he will be charged with "corruption of a minor" , a third degree felony in PA. Yes, it's not a statutory rape charge but it's the equivalent when the minor is 16 and the adult is 18 and over. Because it remains illegal for an adult to have sexual with a minor in PA.

The custodial interference charge is regardless of sexual contact.

In the Elizabeth Smart documentary she was left with the wife in arid conditions (while he travelled and he was even under arrest for other charges) they almost died of dehydration.

Guys the age of consent is only 16 if the sexual partner is under 18. If and when this creep is caught and they can prove he had sexual contactwith his minor victim, he will be charged with "corruption of a minor" , a third degree felony in PA. Yes, it's not a statutory rape charge but it's the equivalent when the minor is 16 and the adult is 18 and over. Because it remains illegal for an adult to have sexual with a minor in PA.

The custodial interference charge is regardless of sexual contact.

Dear verified attorney
Don't the Federal charges apply (I asked a lawyer friend and yes)?
And if you read up thread he was chasing her prior to when she turned 16, im sure the family can provide evidence of that.
I'll bet PA has a case IMO

ETA sometimes I feel I want to og back to law school and pass the bar, cant be too hard I passed other certifications.
Sorry Im on a rant my bracket is completely lost since VA went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500