Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we learned that the actual age of consent in Pennsylvania is 18, not 16. Some mistakes in early reporting. Usually those laws have some exceptions if the underage person is only a year or two different than the other to avoid normal boyfriend/girl friend relationships being criminalized.

Your source?

Preview_of_ACFr_Og_Db_WVnucq_Wz_Yah_M7n_UOb_Srwl_Z2_JU783_JFh_o_U5wj2e9c_Oq_S0xh_Ir80e1_FHv_CXNILOl_Va2_Mk.jpg

Pennsylvania Age Of Consent _ West Mifflin Borough Police Department

So they landed in Cancun, Mexico and near central/south America. Where is the destination?
Cancun a nice vacation stop?
Or better where does the United States not have an extradition treaty.
I think Venezuela comes to mind, not sure. Maybe others.
And Venezuela has a oil industry and this guy maybe a day laborer would pay the bills and no one be the wiser.

Cancun is a decent spot, I flew my boss and his family down there one time Pretty much everyone speaks English in the resort businesses, there's a lot of US chain restaurants and you can rent a small Airbnb room for about $30 a day. But Cancun is actually fairly small as far as the touristy areas and they might be easily spotted. As far as extradition, every country in Central and South America has the treaty. They'd have to go to Africa, the middle or far east to get away from that. There are no jobs in Venezuela. It's in the middle of a huge economic and humanitarian crises after the government took over running the factories and controlling the food. People are literally starving to death, and hospitals have no medicine. You can't even get an x ray - you get sick, you die. http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/26/news/economy/venezuela-economic-crisis/index.html

Any job he gets will have to be something menial and under the table, because a foreigner can't legally get employment in Mexico without a work visa. I can't imagine what long term plan he has. Probably none. Lets be honest, if they need money, A is more likely able to get it, and I don't want to even think about that.

I just hope they are still in Cancun, or at least still in Mexico. Its just a matter of time before someone spots them or A tries to make contact with someone.

Oil fields in Venezuala

Guys the age of consent is only 16 if the sexual partner is under 18. If and when this creep is caught and they can prove he had sexual contactwith his minor victim, he will be charged with "corruption of a minor" , a third degree felony in PA. Yes, it's not a statutory rape charge but it's the equivalent when the minor is 16 and the adult is 18 and over. Because it remains illegal for an adult to have sexual with a minor in PA.

The custodial interference charge is regardless of sexual contact.
Yes! Good info. Here is the actual law.

Corruption of Minors (18 Pa. C.S. § 6301)
(a) Offense Defined-

1(ii) Whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any course of conduct in violation of Chapter 31 (relating to sexual offenses) corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of an offense under Chapter 31 commits a felony of the third degree.

Cancun is a decent spot, I flew my boss and his family down there one time Pretty much everyone speaks English in the resort businesses, there's a lot of US chain restaurants and you can rent a small Airbnb room for about $30 a day. But Cancun is actually fairly small as far as the touristy areas and they might be easily spotted. As far as extradition, every country in Central and South America has the treaty. They'd have to go to Africa, the middle or far east to get away from that. There are no jobs in Venezuela. It's in the middle of a huge economic and humanitarian crises after the government took over running the factories and controlling the food. People are literally starving to death, and hospitals have no medicine. You can't even get an x ray - you get sick, you die. http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/26/news/economy/venezuela-economic-crisis/index.html

I'm going to guess that they are still in Mexico. They would have their passports scanned if they crossed another border, and I am going to guess that they would not take the chance of tipping off LE any further. Mexico is a huge country.

That would make a bad situation far worse. I hope they are found before this happens.

None that I;ve seen posted here involve a pregnancy as the trigger. It's always been some family/social condition.
Only the Clay case in Ohio seemed to involve a pregnancy but never confirmed IMO and all in the family knew it.

Why are posters comparing this to Elizabeth Smart? Elizabeth was abducted at knife point from her bedroom by a stranger and chained up in the wilderness so the perp could rape her repeatedly while living in a made-up religion where he called her his wife. This situation is completely different. What Esterly has done to A is wrong and evil as well but it's a whole different kind of evil because he hid it under the guise of being a good father figure, soccer coach and Sunday School teacher. He used his own daughters as cover so he could have more access to A-- claiming she was their friend. He gained her trust with a relationship that he twisted and likely lied to her about many things. Esterly's type is dangerous but it's a different dangerous than a pyscho who would break in and kidnap a teenager. It's a much more insidious danger. He has known her since she was 7!

Thanks GraceG good info!

Wouldn't a cruise ship from Mexico to the Bahamas or some other place be the safest way to travel to another country or island?

Why are posters comparing this to Elizabeth Smart? Elizabeth was abducted at knife point from her bedroom by a stranger and chained up in the wilderness so the perp could rape her repeatedly while living in a made-up religion where he called her his wife. This situation is completely different. What Esterly has done to A is wrong and evil as well but it's a whole different kind of evil because he hid it under the guise of being a good father figure, soccer coach and Sunday School teacher. He used his own daughters as cover so he could have more access to A-- claiming she was their friend. He gained her trust with a relationship that he twisted and likely lied to her about many things. Esterly's type is dangerous but it's a different dangerous than a pyscho who would break in and kidnap a teenager. It's a much more insidious danger. He has known her since she was 7!

None of these cases have the exact same elements. Smart was physically taken, but most of the these recent cases involve an emotional kidnapping. Either way the parallel to Smart is then the keeping the victim under control. Yes Smart was under physical restraint at first but that was replaced by a emotional restraint and sense of survival. She was scared to even identify at first who she was. Watch the Smart documentary and 50 Shades of Grey. The tools seem scary familier

Totally agree, but I think the comparison is to point out that even Elizabeth Smart, who was literally kidnapped by a stranger, developed a loyalty and attachment to her abductor. So just imagine the bond formed when a child is abducted by someone he/she already loves and trusts.

Totally agree, but I think the comparison is to point out that even Elizabeth Smart, who was literally kidnapped by a stranger, developed a loyalty and attachment to her abductor. So just imagine the bond formed when a child is abducted by someone he/she already loves and trusts.

There you go
thanks Truman.!
Even Patti Hearst (boy I am really dating myself) took up a gun and helped rob a bank with the SLA.
That was when the Stockholm syndrome started.
AY bought in by taking the money and boarding that plane.

ETA and MCET also went all in when she left the door key on the porch when she left, captured on tape. These people go all in. Those decision moments cant be ignored

None of these cases have the exact same elements. Smart was physically taken, but most of the these recent cases involve an emotional kidnapping. Either way the parallel to Smart is then the keeping the victim under control. Yes Smart was under physical restraint at first but that was replaced by a emotional restraint and sense of survival. She was scared to even identify at first who she was. Watch the Smart documentary and 50 Shades of Grey. The tools seem scary familier

I've seen the documentary. I'll agree that it's a form of brainwashing/Stockholm Syndrome for both but I still think it's different and the two shouldn't be compared. Comparing is what leads people to the (false) impression that A is in less danger than someone in a situation like ES was in. Because people figure since A went willingly she is culpable for her actions. Because Esterly has known her since she was 7 and supposedly treated her like a daughter people want to believe he is being kind to her and won't harm her. But the harm he has already done will take years of therapy for her to overcome (if she comes back alive). And at some point he may decide to get rid of A because she is a key piece of evidence against him. She is in great danger and she may not even know it. JMHO.

*Sorry if I'm touchy about this subject but some of the victim-blaming comments I have read on social media on this case are disgusting.

I've seen the documentary. I'll agree that it's a form of brainwashing/Stockholm Syndrome for both but I still think it's different and the two shouldn't be compared. Comparing is what leads people to the (false) impression that A is in less danger than someone in a situation like ES was in. Because people figure since A went willingly she is culpable for her actions. Because Esterly has known her since she was 7 and supposedly treated her like a daughter people want to believe he is being kind to her and won't harm her. But the harm he has already done will take years of therapy for her to overcome (if she comes back alive). And at some point he may decide to get rid of A because she is a key piece of evidence against him. She is in great danger and she may not even know it. JMHO.

*Sorry if I'm touchy about this subject but some of the victim-blaming comments I have read on social media on this case are disgusting.

I agree, and for the record, A is a juvenile victim and is responsible for precisely NONE of this. Zero.

Agree

I agree, and for the record, A is a juvenile victim and is responsible for precisely NONE of this. Zero.

Exactly! But there's no doubt in my mind she is being made to feel like she will be in big trouble if she goes home. I wish we could somehow get word to her she is not in any trouble and Esterly is LYING to her if he tells her that. Just in case she is reading here I'll speak to her directly--

A, go home and your life will go on-- you CAN overcome this. Your family loves you and misses you and they want you home. You are not in trouble with the law. But the longer you are gone the more danger you are in. Please don't listen to that man. He is not showing you real, genuine love. He is using you A and you deserve so much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500