Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness!!!! A, her mom, Stacey, and her girls can all start healing now, slowly but surely.

Thank god she has been found. I've not followed many cases that have an happy ending and its a nice change.
The hard work will start now for those close to A. She might still be under his influence and thinks he is the love of her life.
If that's the case she won't thank her mum for "breaking" up her relationship with KE. I hope that changes if so, and she comes to realize that KE took advantage of her.

All assumptions and own theories but I'm hoping A is glad to be home.

[h=1]Rescatan a estadunidense desaparecida en Puerto Morelos[/h][h=2]Ingresó a territorio mexicano en compañía de una persona de 45 años[/h]
Spanish Article https://www.lajornadamaya.mx/2018-03-17/Rescatan-a-estadunidense-desaparecida-en-Puerto-Morelos
Snipped by me

From the Spanish article Gardener posted:
7d0fcf8bdff083ebd6eabfdb1d44040f.jpg

He looks like such an idiot. Smiling like nothing. What a slap in his families face.
Be safe A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Kapua

The intent of states setting ages of consent was to avoid situations where 18-year-old Romeo would have to register as a sex offender for life for having a 16-year-old girlfriend, Juliet. That makes sense. However, most states set an upper age limit, and PA does not. They do have the "interference of custody" law to prevent adults from running off with minor children, and the provision that the older person cannot "have authority" over the minor. I don't think PA thinks it's okay for a 16-year-old to have sex with a 45-year-old, but I do think there's something missing in the current law. Either the state should set an upper age limit or add a grooming provision. They need "A's law".

Or worse yet, Romeo who just celebrated his 18th birthday with 17 year old 11 month Juliet. Then when Romeo gets out of jail for it, they get married. But they have to live on welfare, because Romeo can't get a job, because he is a registered sex offender. It happens all the time.

I know this will be unpopular, but I think the age is way too high now. It's just not based on reality.

Here's the PA law, as I found it -- it's interesting:

Pennsylvania Age of Consent Laws 2018

[h=4] What is the Pennsylvania Age of Consent? [/h] The Pennsylvania Age of Consent is 16 years old. In the United States, the age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity. Individuals aged 15 or younger in Pennsylvania are not legally able to consent to sexual activity, and such activity may result in prosecution for statutory rape.
Pennsylvania statutory rape law is violated the de-facto age of consent law in Pennsylvania is actually 18 (due to Pennsylvania's corruption of minors statute). This creates an interesting dynamic, as the laws allow teens aged 17 and 16 to consent to each other, but not to anyone 18 or older. Teens between 13 and 15 may or may not be able to consent to a partner less than 4 years older, because while they might not be affected by the statutory rape laws, they could be prosecuted under other offenses.

https://www.ageofconsent.net/states/pennsylvania
rbm

And here is the

[h=1]Pennsylvania Statutes Title 18 Pa.C.S.A. Crimes and Offenses § 6301. Corruption of minors
[/h](a) Offense defined.--
(1) (i) Except as provided in subparagraph (ii), whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any act corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of any crime, or who knowingly assists or encourages such minor in violating his or her parole or any order of court, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.

(ii) Whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any course of conduct in violation of Chapter 31 (relating to sexual offenses) corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of an offense under Chapter 31 commits a felony of the third degree.

(2) Any person who knowingly aids, abets, entices or encourages a minor younger than 18 years of age to commit truancy commits a summary offense.  Any person who violates this paragraph within one year of the date of a first conviction under this section commits a misdemeanor of the third degree.  A conviction under this paragraph shall not, however, constitute a prohibition under section 6105 (relating to persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms).
http://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-18-pacsa-crimes-and-offenses/pa-csa-sect-18-6301.html

Note in (2), it mentions "truancy" -- hmmmmm

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/975163685395222529

This is Kevin Esterly and AY before leaving for South Florida. Esterly will be charged after police say he picked the Pennsylvania teen up from school and disappeared to Mexico. US Marshals located them in the city of Puerto Morelos. @wsvn

Awesome. The only disapointmentry that I feel is that he will not get to fester in a Mexican jail cell for a little while.

Dear verified attorney
Don't the Federal charges apply (I asked a lawyer friend and yes)?
And if you read up thread he was chasing her prior to when she turned 16, im sure the family can provide evidence of that.
I'll bet PA has a case IMO

ETA sometimes I feel I want to og back to law school and pass the bar, cant be too hard I passed other certifications.
Sorry Im on a rant my bracket is completely lost since VA went down.

Federal charges can indeed apply. Just like in the ET case. It's up to the Feds if they want to charge him.

And if there is evidence of sexual activity prior to age 16, then bam. He will go down for that as well.

It may come down to whether his child victim will be willing to testify or not. But I think they typically snap out of it once they're released even if they go "voluntarily" at the outset.

A groomed 16 year old being taken on a "fantasy" trip with some belching, farting 45 year old man gets hit with reality pretty quickly.

Like ET I imagine this young girl is terrified at this point and wants to go home.

Yay. She was found.

Good job. Now where is Jenny Chen that went missing in Mexico?

@gitana1, I always appreciate your input on these cases [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kids learn math quick fast when needed. Lol.

Sorry for laughing.

But $4k wouldn't last the weekend if running to another country to escape the law.

Last minute plane tickets for 2 is close to a quarter of your money alone. Wth.

If you are in actual love. Then court for 2 years or get the family to sign papers.

But abduction is not the answer. Bottom line.

Any job he gets will have to be something menial and under the table, because a foreigner can't legally get employment in Mexico without a work visa. I can't imagine what long term plan he has. Probably none. Lets be honest, if they need money, A is more likely able to get it, and I don't want to even think about that.

I just hope they are still in Cancun, or at least still in Mexico. Its just a matter of time before someone spots them or A tries to make contact with someone.

I'm hoping it's already been reported -- it being spring break in many US areas, and Cancun being a resort, I could see more than one American noticing the two of them if KE & AY go outside a hotel room at all. On another note, if AY actually took $10k from her mom, they could hang out for quite a while. SMH

I'm hoping it's already been reported -- it being spring break in many US areas, and Cancun being a resort, I could see more than one American noticing the two of them if KE & AY go outside a hotel room at all. On another note, if AY actually took $10k from her mom, they could hang out for quite a while. SMH
They've been found. :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m so happy at this news. Interesting that IS Marshall’s already have them and they are returning immediately. No extradition hearing. Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500