Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^This. According to the SDSO and defense theory, not only did RZ become suddenly suicidal in the middle of the night due to an alleged VM from JS, but she got bizarrely suicidal. Honestly, if she became suddenly suicidal over Max's condition and quietly overdosed, I wouldn't be here, because the probability of that scenario is exponentially higher than what SDSO/defense claims happened.

RZ's murderer overplayed his hand staging her "suicide." In the end, he made the murder he committed look exactly like one.

Yes, it doesn't make sense that RZ would ignore the phone call from Jonah when there was an ongoing family medical crisis. She would have answered the call and, if she missed it, she would have returned the call.

I agree with Keith Greer that she was deceased by the time Jonah placed his call. JMO, he may have known at that time she was deceased and his call and message were intended to establish a motive for suicide.

Agree, the message painted on the door in third person and the binding of her feet were just 2 examples where the killer went overboard and raised suspicion on her true cause of death.

Yes, it doesn't make sense that RZ would ignore the phone call from Jonah when there was an ongoing family medical crisis. She would have answered the call and, if she missed it, she would have returned the call.

I agree with Keith Greer that she was deceased by the time Jonah placed his call. JMO, he may have known at that time she was deceased and his call and message were intended to establish a motive for suicide.

Agree, the message painted on the door in third person and the binding of her feet were just 2 examples where the killer went overboard and raised suspicion on her true cause of death.

I couldn't agree more.

There's one perspective which everyone on this blog may agree on, and that's the Wiki definition of why Lady Justice 'often' wears a blindfold: Since the 16th century, Lady Justice has often been depicted wearing a blindfold. The blindfold represents impartiality, the ideal that justice should be applied without regard to wealth, power, or other status. ​May I presume?

I wish that were true but it is not.

https://www.researchgate.net/blog/p...e-us-justice-system-for-the-rich-and-the-poor

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article174707216.html

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...e-rigged-for-rich_us_56b205a2e4b04f9b57d7e5fe

There are too many articles to post. We all know that the defendant and plaintiff resources on this case are highly imbalanced in favor of the defense. Can we at least all agree on that fact?

But she had already written...

“I find myself not being able to sleep for the first time in my entire life… now when I close my eyes my mind begins to race… thinking and brewing over many situations and trying to come up with a solution of some sort,” one of the messages read. “… if I am not thinking, I am crying.”

So she couldn’t sleep and was constantly crying before this...before she got any call. Who knows what the atmosphere was at dinner? Then she’s there, crying, all torn up, and he doesn’t answer any calls.

When he finally calls, it’s all bad news.

That’s the break point in my opinion.
BBM

If that was her “break point,” I can see her taking pills or walking into the ocean across the street or maybe even driving her car into a cement wall at high speed as a young person I know did. :( All impulsive acts.

But to hear a message (the content of which we don’t know for sure) and suddenly gather rope, paint, take a shower, trail menstrual blood while planning and setting up an elaborate naked outdoor suicide, complete with cryptic painted door message and fairly elaborate knots...honestly, that suicide scenario is so time-consuming and bizarre that it defies credulity as a response to a break point IMO. And let’s not forget the possibility of hog-tying herself. I realize that anything is possible, so I’ll never say “never,” but I will say that I don’t understand why this particular suicide scenario is more believable to some than murder.
JMO

And let's not forget that Dr. Peterson completely contradicted that he gave dire news that night. He testified that he did not deliver news. IMO, the defense learned from this and that is part of the reason why they chose not to have Gore, ME, etc.. take the stand. They couldn't afford any more contradictions.

Did Dr. Peterson testify at this trial? Are there any links to his testimony? Thanks.

I previously reported (ROA 1073) the initial Jury Instructions filed with court on 2/26/18 were withdrawn on 3/22/18. Take note that Plaintiffs have objected to new Jury Instructions filed by Defense:

ROA 1078 03/26/2018 Objections (To Defenants Special Jury Instruction Re Evidentiary Value of Death Certificate and Autopsy Report) filed by Pari Z. Zahau, on her own behalf, and on behalf of Rebecca Zahau, Deceased.

Pari Z. Zahau, on her own behalf, and on behalf of Rebecca Zahau, Deceased (Plaintiff)

Objection to Special Jury Instruction

You misunderstood my post, or rather I wasn’t clear! Of course Dina is not a suspect, murderer, or mastermind!! My point was in response to the post that said the Zahau family was the only side that found the SDSO investigation of Rebecca’s death botched.

Your post makes me think of something that has been lurking under the surface. DS and her sister were focused upon for so long and I believe that fact was also part of the murderer's grand scheme to keep the focus in the wrong place. IMO the strategies were played well until now.

I previously reported (ROA 1073) the initial Jury Instructions filed with court on 2/26/18 were withdrawn on 3/22/18. Take note that Plaintiffs have objected to new Jury Instructions filed by Defense:

ROA 1078 03/26/2018 Objections (To Defenants Special Jury Instruction Re Evidentiary Value of Death Certificate and Autopsy Report) filed by Pari Z. Zahau, on her own behalf, and on behalf of Rebecca Zahau, Deceased.

Pari Z. Zahau, on her own behalf, and on behalf of Rebecca Zahau, Deceased (Plaintiff)

This judge appears to be fair and I have seen her irritated with everyone but definitely the defense. I truly hope that she doesn't cave on this.

Did Dr. Peterson testify at this trial? Are there any links to his testimony? Thanks.

Yes, he did. I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to go back to the other thread. It is easily found in thread #2 (or #1?) of this series.

He quite obviously contradicted JS excuse for a dire voicemail. IMO he quite convincingly took away any reason for Rebecca to suddenly decide to commit suicide.

Who really looked for evidence on JS? His "acquaintances" at SDSO? The same people that now won't testify?

IMO JS was hands off to law enforcement. After all, SDSO "consulted" with JS at least nine times. IMO JS ran the investigation to his menu of outcomes.

If Jonah is the wealthy one with enough influence to manipulate a multi-agency law enforcement investigation as you are suggesting, I'm baffled why he isn't a defendant in a lawsuit that accuses his brother of both rape and murder even though the brother has been cleared by law enforcement.

Who really looked for evidence on JS? His "acquaintances" at SDSO? The same people that now won't testify?

IMO JS was hands off to law enforcement. After all, SDSO "consulted" with JS at least nine times. IMO JS ran the investigation to his menu of outcomes.

Do you have a link to show that SDSO consulted with Jonah at least nine times?I have not see that in MSM. TIA

Do we know what these instructions specified in regard to the evidentiary value of the death certificate and autopsy report?

She ignored the call from Nina, when there was an ongoing family medical crisis, did she not?

People watch *advertiser censored*. In fact, I hear *advertiser censored* is quite popular.

I would imagine it is harder to move beds once they have settled into the carpet, not to mention into any padding under the carpet. The balcony doesn't look that high, someone could probably fall over it quite easily. The center of gravity helps you maintain balance, but it is not some sort of barrier to falling.

It's a barrier to falling since her center of mass (or gravity, if you will) was below the height of the railing. Rebecca's center of mass would have been further lowered by her hands having been tied behind her back. The SDSO images of the railing show that not enough dust was disturbed to indicate Rebecca went over the railing of her own force.

Yes, he did. I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to go back to the other thread. It is easily found in thread #2 (or #1?) of this series.

He quite obviously contradicted JS excuse for a dire voicemail. IMO he quite convincingly took away any reason for Rebecca to suddenly decide to commit suicide.

I find no mention of Dr. Peterson on page 2 of this thread and can't find any news articles that mention he testified at this trial.

She ignored the call from Nina, when there was an ongoing family medical crisis, did she not?

RZ may have been busy or indisposed at that hour. Nina's visit took place shortly before it's believed Adam began attacking her.

I find no mention of Dr. Peterson on page 2 of this thread and can't find any news articles that mention he testified at this trial.

She was referring to thread #2 of this series about the trial, not page 2 of this thread. Here is one post I found when I searched “Peterson” on thread #2. There are others, but this might help. Much of what has occurred during the trial has not been reported by the news.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...rage-and-discussion-2&p=14012869#post14012869

ETA: I guess I’m your echo, Betty. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members