GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s the one wearing a shock belt according to the article, not her.

You are indeed correct, my mistake! It will no longer let me edit that part of my post so reiterating here.

I wish I knew what her reaction was last time they were in court together and if they had any interaction this time. I know they sat at the same table. Maybe he was wearing a shock belt so he wouldn’t lunge and try to choke her? Lol
Is there any video of the actual hearing? The video I saw in the link was just them leaving the courtroom

I wish I knew what her reaction was last time they were in court together and if they had any interaction this time. I know they sat at the same table. Maybe he was wearing a shock belt so he wouldn’t lunge and try to choke her? Lol
Is there any video of the actual hearing? The video I saw in the link was just them leaving the courtroom
Yeah, I know they are both guilty, but one is more than the other. And IMO, it isn’t him.

These are so hard for me . My SIL suffers from infidelity & these cases are like a kick in the gut. A baby is a blessing. If you don't want it, give someone else the gift of a child. So senseless!!!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Yes, or take it to a Safe Place Child Dropoff -- hospital, Fire Dept, Police Dept -- no questions asked. Lots easier than being on the run after baby's body is found; charged with murder; convicted; jailed for life. Anything but murder. How many couples would line up to have a chance to adopt a newborn baby?

I found this article yesterday - it looks like the Judge granted a continuance.

https://www.covnews.com/news/crime/mcnabb-bell-case-continued/

Christopher Michael McNabb and Cortney Marie Bell, the parents accused of murder in the death of 15-day-old Caliyah C. McNabb, were scheduled to be in court Tuesday (4/10) for a motion/status hearing, but Alcovy Judicial Circuit Chief Judge John M. Ott told The Covington News a continuance had been granted...

Unfortunately this link won't open for me just now. I know I read the article and of course it did not give an actual date for the next hearing!!

If anyone finds one - please post!

I found this article yesterday - it looks like the Judge granted a continuance.

https://www.covnews.com/news/crime/mcnabb-bell-case-continued/

Christopher Michael McNabb and Cortney Marie Bell, the parents accused of murder in the death of 15-day-old Caliyah C. McNabb, were scheduled to be in court Tuesday (4/10) for a motion/status hearing, but Alcovy Judicial Circuit Chief Judge John M. Ott told The Covington News a continuance had been granted...

Unfortunately this link won't open for me just now. I know I read the article and of course it did not give an actual date for the next hearing!!

If anyone finds one - please post!
I can open the link, but still no date.. [emoji26]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Putting this here anyway...

Tuesday, April 10th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) - GA - Caliyah C. McNabb (15 days old) (Oct, 7, 2017) - *Cortney Marie Bell (24), "mother" indicted with 2nd degree murder & 2nd degree cruelty to children & deprivation of a minor; taken into custody Sat. 1/6/18. Held without bond. Made 1st court appearance 1/8/18. Arraignment on 1/23/18 pled not guilty
*Christopher Michael McNabb (27) "father" charged & indicted (1/5/18) on 8 counts for malice murder, 2 counts of felony murder, 2nd degree murder, aggravated battery, 2 counts of 1st & 2nd degree cruelty to children & concealing a death; held without bond; under suicide watch. 10/10/17 arrested for a probation violation involving a burglary. Arraignment on 1/23/18 pled not guilty.
4/6/18 Continuance granted by Judge, no further dates available.

Maybe someone will find a date!

Looking at Judge Ott's court schedule - haven't seen anything past 4/17/18 for Newton County. Wondering "when" they update that?! The other county is there for 4/27 schedules....

Just checking in after my holiday. Disappointed to say the least that there's no change yet.

READY FOR TRIAL: Death of baby Caliyah trial tentatively set for August

COVINGTON, Ga. – The case of the two parents accused of murdering their 15-day-old daughter is ready for trial, after a motion/status hearing Thursday, May 24 in the Newton County Judicial Center.
[.....]
Alcovy Judicial Circuit District Attorney Layla Zon, Alcovy Judicial Circuit Public Defender Anthony Carter, representing McNabb, and Attorney Bryan H. Frost, representing Bell, all declared ready for trial after a failed Jackson Denno hearing by Carter on McNabb’s behalf.
[.....]
A Jackson Denno hearing is a hearing to determine if a statement made by a defendant will be admitted into the trial.

Alcovy Judicial Circuit Chief Judge John M. Ott said the case could be tentatively scheduled for August, pending courtroom availability.

and of course they don't give an actual "date".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member